IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What are they so afraid of?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are they so afraid of?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sawtul Khilafah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2006 at 10:31pm

It's funny being called an "American" by someone who himself lives in the United States, and possibly pays taxes and helps the economy, thus helping the Government in the murder of Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan...!

In any case Angela's post gave the wrong impression (at least to me) because first she talked about western "morality" being brought to Afghanistan, then condemns those who oppose these things!

It's as if someone says: "Germany was bombed and defeated in World War 2 and thus democracy replaced the evil Nazi Government. Nazis were very evil people, they were racist and ..."

Now this sentence gives the impression that whoever says it does not only oppose the beliefs of Nazis, but also supports the bombing of Germany in World War 2. He or she may not SAY "I am happy they were bombed" but the sentence Does give that impression.

I got the exact same impression from the sentence posted by Angela which I quoted above. Again I apologise to Angela for being too harsh, but hope that she would also be more careful in the future.

Cassandra View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 3:07am

Thank you Angela for you insightful and (to me) very clear comments.

But to the rest of you, I am still waiting for an answer to my question above:  is there any "justification" for this killing of a courageous Muslim woman who despite vilification and ultimately the loss of her life sought education, respect, and a right to have some say over their lives and personal dignity for Afghan women?

To me the answer is "no", but then I am not Muslim. What I have read still tells me the answer should be "no", yet the perpetrators (presumably) did this with a clear conscience sure that what they were doing was somehow sanctioned.

Can anyone clarify this for me please? 

Daniel Dworsky View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Dworsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 3:12am
Cassandra: This woman was a hero. This is clear enough to me.
Sawtul: (Doesn't that mean "Stoner") I think you are full of your own
metaphore. What's more I am tired of stepping in it.

Edited by Daniel Dworsky
Sawtul Khilafah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sawtul Khilafah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 4:05am
Originally posted by Cassandra Cassandra wrote:

Thank you Angela for you insightful and (to me) very clear comments.

Ofcourse YOU would say that...youre the one who started this thread

Originally posted by Cassandra Cassandra wrote:

But to the rest of you, I am still waiting for an answer to my question above:  is there any "justification" for this killing of a courageous Muslim woman who despite vilification and ultimately the loss of her life sought education, respect, and a right to have some say over their lives and personal dignity for Afghan women?

If this was the case, then no there is no justification for it at all.

But beware of propaganda, especially coming from the drug addict Northern Alliance, and the WMD seeking US Government.

How could the Taliban Kill a woman for teaching, when they themselves wanted to build schools for girls and didnt only due to lack of funds?

How could the Taliban kill a woman when they believe killing women is not allowed except in the case of married adultery or murder.

Why would the Taliban even bother with this when they are busy enough fighting over 70,000 Northern Alliance troops, 11,000 Americans, and thousands and thousands of other troops including Nato?

Sawtul Khilafah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sawtul Khilafah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 4:08am

Originally posted by Daniel Dworsky Daniel Dworsky wrote:

Sawtul: (Doesn't that mean "Stoner") I think you are full of your own
metaphore. What's more I am tired of stepping in it.

No it doesnt...

Daniel Dworsky View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Dworsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 4:50am
Pronounced sootul means one under the influence
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 6:22am

Its just great to have you back, Cassandra!

I watched a show once on Soviet Occupied Afghanistan.  The Soviets encouraged the women to get out, and ditch the traditional garb.  Women were wearing short skirts, western styles and going to bars.  (Men, too)  I think many of these men are afraid to see that kind of morality come back to Afghanistan.  They are also afraid of losing control. 

That could be one of the reasons in this strange and a bit confused scenario, but these days we are, mostly, getting a lot of retreat propaganda. Kabul and Brussels are following CIA scripts.

Would you believe it, I have actually seen some of such guidance manuals!! 

aka2x2 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka2x2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 7:08am

Cassandra

You ask a valid question. I do not believe anyone can justify killing of a woman because she wants to improve conditions for women.

However, I think you simplify the issue by the way you asked your question. Let�s not forget that she was an official in the Karzai government. This government is currently engaged in a civil war. I do not know where you stand on this war. Personally, I no longer know whose side is less wrong. But, I do know there have been horrendous atrocities perpetrated by both sides.

Also please consider the fact that there have been assassination attempts on all government officials in Afghanistan. Why was this one successful? Did she have less protection than her male colleagues? If so why? Was there an investigation of the security lapse? Was anyone held accountable for the security lapse?

Is this another endless, senseless, savage war that will continue for generations to come?

Respectfully
aka2x2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic