IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - fulfill my haqq or grant me a talaaq  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fulfill my haqq or grant me a talaaq

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najamsahar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2006 at 12:57am

Rookiaya,

From your posts, he's broken many promises before. I would not be very excited by this plan untill after he has done the things he has promised.

The important point that has sprung up since yesterday is that his first wife is under the impression that he has broken ties with you. This means that he is sneaking out to meet you and this is not very favorable.

This also means that he is lying to her and maybe lying to you as well. He has probably made up this plan because his first wife has some things planned out for the evenings and he can sneak out. Also last week or so, when he cancelled his visit as the car was not good, why send an SMS?

Rookiaya, you need to think longterm. Dont be swayed by his promises to visit and that "something is better than nothing".

There are 4 types of Sabr, i got this from the tafseer of Abdullah yusuf Ali, and he says that one type of sabr is "Systematic as opposed to spasmodic or chance action"  Sabr is not only put up and shut up. To have a resistance to wrong is also sabr.

I would also like to point something else to you. Since we have many broken promises here, do you really want to tell your kids about his coming over. I mean, the last time they were really dissappointed when he did not turn up. How about you dont mention his plans and when he comes, let them have a nice surprise.

NS

rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2006 at 2:04am

salaams NS

u are right. they will get all excited then when he doesnt pitch up, we will feel low n sad again

i will take one day at a time n see what happens. tomorrow i will try my best not to get depressed n put pressure on him. i will leave it up to him to decide if n when he wishes to see me

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2006 at 9:36am

My heart goes out for you. Sometimes we are in situations that are very difficult and painful.  Knowing which way to turn, how to be positive, and to find the postive outcome can be very hard.

Alwardah is quite right on many points. I think looking at it from a perspective of honesty, intergrity fairness and justice.

Sometimes we get into situations and we really do not know how. Someone or more then one person is being manipulative.

Stay strong. One thing that can help is if you do something to help someone else. When I was gonig through tough times, the best thing i could go do was teach cause it got me out of my own head. Sometimes we are our own worst enemy so to speak.  Prayers and excellent.  But sometimes you need a distraction that is different then what is currently going on in your own life.  Not sure what you could do. But if you can find something it may help.  Just a thought. 

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2006 at 5:46am

salaams

this is week one of the wating game. my hubby is in pta n he has promised to come to my place when he returns.

in the meantime im concentrating on the kids n my family. doing eid shopping, having islamic discussions with the kids etc

it isnt easy but im trying to hang in there

NS im dying to know whats the second phase of this plan of action. but i guess i have to complete this phase fisrt to get to the next

najamsahar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najamsahar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2006 at 9:25am

Dear Rookaiya,

I will post the entire plan or just the phase 2(however you want) on Sunday inshaAllah. Lets discuss and see how it might work or might not work. My feeling is that it will, but I am  not sure how receptive you will be to the plan.

The reason for telling everything at once is that, usually one loses focus on the immediate step and there is an urgency to go to the next one. This is expecially the case when there are more than one person involved.

Thursday/Friday is the weekend here and I plan to go to Madina with my husband and kids. InshaAllah I will pray for you and all the sisters (and brothers) on the forum.

Can you try and and think about the following things till I come back

1) To recieve Allahs Mercy, one must be Merciful to His slaves. One condition of being merciful to each other is to do good when the other person does not appear to be worthy of it. We can be good to people who are good to us, but the deciding factor is being good to someone who isnt good to us.

This was a striking feature in the way the rasul SAW dealt with people and this trait changed the disbelievrs of Makkah who buried their infant children into God Fearing men.

2) To mediate a conflict, even though it may appear that one party has given too much, to get out of this deadlock, the injured party may have to give just a little more. Its like giving an inch to get a mile.

Now, the longterm benefit is that even without giving the inch, the injured party's rights were being abused. But by taking control and givning just a little bit more, the weaker party gets some kind of leverage in the situation.

Now the giving in the above is measured and planned, with a very definite time frame so as to protect the rights of the one who is already in a deficit.

Saturday I will be back and I cannot be sure if I can post then. Which is why Sunday sounds the most suitable for me.

Meanwhile, hang in there and keep doing the right things!

NS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najamsahar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2006 at 4:35pm

Another point to ponder,

"No plan will work unless we act upon it"

NS

rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2006 at 10:28pm

salaams

thanks NS. i hope u and ur hubby have a wonderful trip this weekend. and i will think abt the points u have mentioned. i will hang in there, Insha allah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najamsahar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2006 at 3:59am

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem.

Goal: To get your rights as ordained by Allah from your husband while establishing a harmonious relationship with him and the rest of the family.

Step 1: Ceasefire                                                                        2 Weeks to 2 months

Step back from the conflict and let everyone have a breather.

Make a background where this issue takes a backstage temporarily.

Establish sources of support

Create a loving and peaceful atmosphere at home.

Step2: Evaluate the past.                                                        1 week                                                                                                    

The past reveals many things about a person. And by facing how good or bad we dealt with issues in the past, we can try not to repeat the mistakes in the future. This is a hard step as it involves being truthful about our ownselves

Make very brief bio graph, assess it personally and with others (family/forum).

Step3: List expectations                                                          1 week

Expectations are tangible, with time frames (eg I need to be able to call my husband anytime even at his wifes house, timeframe is 3 months, and you will work to achieve the goal in 3 months AND recognition as the second wife in 2 weeks time AND having 3 nights a week and one weekend a month in 6 months from now.

Expectations are written down with copies, to hand out to the husband and the mediator.

Expectations are to be reviewed everyday.

Step4: Take stock                                                                 1 week

Review your assets: financial, social and personal.

Step5: Evaluate your choices and list the pros and cons of each choice       2 weeks

1)     Live in the present style: You are losing your rights BUT you are kind of satisfied because this is your comfort zone and changing your attitude is hard to do.

2)     Divorce: Though it will be easy to do and you can break free of the struggle going on right now, will you be able to deal with some of the issues later on. You have to see that you have had difficulty in dealing with your ex-husband.

3)     Change your life so that it gets better: This is hard; it depends on your willingness to change some personal attitudes. Also your husband�s behavior has been questionable. And his first wife, it appears that she is really not ready to be in a polygamous marriage and your husband is playing to her tune.

Step6: Bring your husband to the table.                       1 month (will take more than 1 meeting)

He has to present his plan and you will hash it out with him.

Your husband, I don�t want to doubt him as I do not know him, is acting strangely. Does he really think that when the first wife goes back to the marital home, and finds out he was sneaking out to meet you all this time, she will not move out once again?

You need to be firm when you deal with him here, leave the love out of the room for this session!

If he shows seriousness about the whole thing, then you have some chances.

If he becomes evasive, then you have to think if you want to stick it out with him.

At this stage you will also know what your husband�s expectations are, and when he expects the issue to be resolved.

Your husband has some things to realize here. And pass them on to his wife too. As long as he is married to you, he has to be equal in the way he spends his time, if he does not, he is putting a lot at risk.

He appears to be scared of his first wife, well, it just appears. He has shown a lot of bravado when marrying you when she was against it and now he cannot show some strength when he comes out to meet you?

Step7: Make an offer                                                                         1 week

Give him time/support; have a realistic approach when doing this. Once you commit you will have to stick with it.

Have a witness and have a written record so that no one can go back on their word. You might lose a lot of time in arguments about who agreed to what later on.

Step 8: Give up some of your rights for the time being.                    8 months

You are not getting these rights presently anyways.

Islamically, your right is something like 2 nights for weeks of the month and 3 nights for the other 2 weeks of the month. PLUS two weekends.

You can start off like this 0-3months � 1 night a week

3-4 months-1 night a week + 1 weekend

4-6 Months-1 night a week+2 weekends

6-8 months-2nights +2 weekends

8-10 months- 2nightsfor 2 weeks and 3 nights for the other 2 weeks of the month, PLUS the 2 weekends��

You will have reached your goal by then, InshaAllah.

Dear Rookaiya,

All the above steps have rules and reasons for doing them. If you wish take it up, then I can elaborate when we come to each step and we can discuss with others on the forum.

Najamsahar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic