IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - fulfill my haqq or grant me a talaaq  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fulfill my haqq or grant me a talaaq

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najamsahar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2006 at 3:31am

Rookaiya,

Sorry for assuming. When you did not post about what you did, I thought you did not do anything. But you had more stuff to do, like getting in touch with more people. Also, did you make the trip to the orphanage?

Let me ask you a question,

-What do you think about when you think about him? Do you imagine him with her and that they are in love and happy. That they are doing great things together....and then you think that you are stuck with these things that you do not deserve and that makes you mad! Can you be specific as to what your mode is? Are you thinking of this time or are you desperate that this is the way your life is always going to be?

Its quite easy to strenghten our will, believe me, its the easiest thing to do once you know what benefits it will bring.

NS

-

rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2006 at 3:37am

salaams NS

i havent been to the orphanage yet but i am going. i ahve filld in a monthly debit order n i will be contributing monthly to the orphanage

Alhamdulilah i have not seen them together once, since he reconciled with her. i get upset when i think of them together cos he always told me that she was very aggressive n that he was unhappy with her. apparently they brought out the worse in each other, or so he said

so i get confused now cos hes complianed of her physically n verbally abusing him, yet he chose to move back in with her, at her place, on her terms. i dont egt that part at all

he keeps saying that eh cant explain how n y he moved back in. but i think he is lying to me abt that. its like she has some kind of power n control, over him. at some stage he was doing his own thing n he didnt give into her threats

but all of a sudden, he became her prisoner. i wish i knew what hold she has over him. the suspense is killing me.

rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2006 at 5:57am

btw, the gift idea was from a site i stumbled across. its blogs of muslim sisters in polygamous marriages. n this one sister relates how she receives gifts from the co wife

so i thought to myslef that it was her birthday on the 2nd , y not do something nice n get her a gift. i went in the rain n got her a gift. i took my time about it. i bought her something that i would buy for myslef. it wasnt a hasty thing. i did it with love

the reason y i dont want him telling her that its from me, is cos she will be skeptical n i dont blame her for that. when  the time is right he will disclose my identity.

to be honest with u guys, im dying to get to know my co wife better. i secretly long for us to co exist n be on speaking terms. i dont wanna be best friends or anything, but i think that we should at least have some kind of relationship of tolerance

hubby suggested that he will tell her that the gift if from me n that he will sing my praises to her n tell her what an angel i am n how sweet n kind i am................not a good idea. i tlaked him out of that, cos that will anger her even more. soemtiems i cnat undertstand men n their reasoning

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2006 at 9:46am

Seems to me that your husband has things he needs to work out with his other wife. Well with both of you, but from what he has told you, she is not receiving all of the information about you.

The only thing anyone can do is state in a calm manner what you need (and are required to have) and what you expect. If he cannot fulfill it then he cannot. We cannot control other people. People often manipulate and they seek to control them.  Assuming he wants you as his wife then he needs to state calmly to his other wife what the deal is. She can either accept or not accept.  It is not easy. I am not saying that. But he needs to be strong.  He needs to be practical and fair. If you are willing to share and she is not then he has to make a decision.  If both you and he are fine then his other wife must then decide. 

There are pros and cons to every situation. He needs to think about it. Unless his other wife will make the effort to come to terms with it then she is just going to be unhappy about it.  Then they need to decide that they would be better seperated / divorced.  Not all situations are for everyone.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2006 at 1:55pm

As Salamu Alaikum Sister Rookaiya

I felt very sad after reading this post. You have received good advice from the members here however, I dont agree with them totally. Sister I think maybe you are a victim of deceit. I have seen this happening many times before.

I truly admire your courage and love for your husband by standing up for him. And I pray from the bottom of my heart that he is truly worthy of your love and patience. You truly are a very strong woman first you made sacrifices for your first husband and now you are making sacrifices for your second husband. I personally think you must put yourself and your children first. You deserve better sister.

Firstly your husband knew that his first wife will not accept his second marriage and secondly he knew that there was no way he would leave her for you. The third important point is that legally in South Africa your marriage cannot be registered, if his first marriage is registered and legally any children you have from him will not inherit from his estate unless he makes a will to that effect. The fourth point is the most important you are a mother of three, and an attorney, so there is no need to support you- you were a good fish to catch.

There are lots of men who marry a second, third time, lying to the person-that he will take care of them and the kids like in your case- inorder to have legal sex staying away from Zina and Haram. Giving you a respectful life, lying that he loves you, will be a father to your children. Initially he did spend time with you and now when he needs a change he will come to you only to satisfy his sexual needs. A time will come when he will play on your emotions and eventually get you to support him and his first wife. I am sorry sister to be so blunt but your husband is lying to both of you, that is, how I see it. I dont see a sincere person as the other sisters do. I dont see a respectful life for you or a father for your children, only unhappiness and heart break for both you and your children, especially your children. They may be young but I am sure they sense your unhappiness.

Someone mentioned that you must have Sabr and that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) had many wives and they did not complain, but the person (cannot remember the post now) failed to understand that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) visited all his wives daily and attended to all their requirements and needs and the nights were spent in rotation. Yes some of the older (age-wise) wives later did relinquish their turns in favor of the younger wives but that was by choice.

Does your husband pay the rent, utility bills and provide you with the basic needs that a husband must provide for his wife and family. Does he take you shopping and take you to parks, outings etc.

I know of divorced and widowed sisters who married a second time, with conditions that the husband will only visit them once of twice a month. They are either very rich or self-employed and do not need financial assistance. All they need is a man to satisfy their natural desires from time to time. They agreed to this setup from the outset. But what I have being reading here is that you accepted the marriage on a proper co-wife situation and basis.

Recently I read online somewhere that the Saudi Arabian scholars have passed a Fatawa to okay Misyarmarriages where at the outset the second or third wife relinquishes most of her rights. Personally I dont thing this type of marriage is proper according to the Shariah because it attacks the sacredness of marriage, but who am I to argue with the fatawa of Saudi scholars. However, I dont think you made such a commitment.

If your husband were really sincere and really cared about you than he would not let you suffer so much at the expense of pleasing his first wife. Why??? Only the feelings of his first wife count. Does he think you have a rock for a heart? If he really cared about you then he would have told his first wife to learn to live with the situation and not go running every time she calls. Your days are your days and her days are her days.

I know sis it is more difficult for the first wife than the second wife in these situations because the second wife already knows and accepts the situation and the first wife is forced into a situation which she cannot accept. And sad as it is, she has to accept the new situation and learn to adapt or else the happiness of both families is at stake and many lives will be ruined as a result.

I know of some woman who can cope with their husbands zina activities but refuse to allow them to have another wife. Audho Billahe minash Shaitanir-Rajim! May Allah Subhanahu wa Taala protect us from such sins. Ameen!

Beside the fact that your husband is not giving you your rights by sharing equal time with each wife he is committing a great sin. You should make him realize that.

You stated somewhere that he does not what to give you Talaq because he wants to please Allah. So how is he pleasing Allah by denying you your rights. Remind him of the Ayah from Surah An-Nisa' 4: 3 ����.but if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with them then ONLY ONE��..

Now I can understand why you are so depressed and have negative thoughts (your other post) dealing with your ex and the present situation. Yes remember after every difficulty comes ease and every trial/test is an expiation for some of ours sins. Alhamdulillah Allah is Most Merciful and Compassionate.

Regarding your ex-husbands relationship with his children, I would say that you must look at it as a blessing in disguise. It can be very hard on the children, children always suffer more in these situations. Lets look at it this way, his new wife is a non-Muslim and she drinks. Maybe your husband also drinks. Insha Allah this way Allah Subhanahu wa Taala is protecting your children from some Haram elements coming into their lives when they are so young and still do not differentiate the difference between wrong and right, Haram and Halal.

Allah Subhanahu wa Taala tells us in the Glorious Qur'an Surah Al Baqarah 2: 216

Fighting is ordained for you, though it is hateful to you; but it may be that you hate a thing which is good for you, and it may be that you love a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows, you know not.

Although Allah address fighting specifically here, according to the Ulema, the highlighted section generally refers to all situations.

Remember sister we can only advise you by what we read here, our advice can be wrong, (May Allah forgive us if it is wrong); only you know your real situation so I would advise you to seek help from the local Imam and your immediate family, then approach your husband and his first wife pointing out the reality of the situation. By your husband lying to her or the wife ignoring it, is not going to make the problem go away - You are his wife and thats a reality. It will only make it more difficult and painful in the future. One sister mentioned that Divorce is most hateful to Allah, I totally agree with her but Allah Subhanahu wa Taala is most Merciful and He will not want you to suffer. Please note I am not saying that you must ask for a divorce, but it is about time you stood your ground.

I pray that Allah Subhanahu wa Taala will bless you with lots of Sabr and reward you with Khair both in this world and the next. Ameen!

Sori for this long post, but I have just returned from a long absence, and felt this topic needed a response.

Wa Alaikum Salam

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2006 at 11:13pm

thanks alwardah. i have read your post twice. eventhough its long, its very informative n u indeed pointed out alot of things to me that i need to consider.

stand my ground? its amazing that i was once a strong person who never let anyone take advantage of me. i could stand up for myself. but lately i have become weak. i dont why i am this way. i just dont have the willpower or the energy to go on . its like i have lost a major part of myself. i feel so broken n torn apart. i dont feel whole .

i dont wanna disappoint the people who took time to read n respond to my dilemma, but Ive become helpless now. i pray alot. alhumdilillah. i read the Quran, i make Zikr. Insha Allah, there will soon be some relief for me.

Sky21006 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sky21006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2006 at 12:07am

Dear sister,

Patience is the key of success in human life and, you might be going through difficult situation, but your focus must be on your children if your husband is sincere and supporting your children then I would suggest you compromise with the situation.

die for others, that is called success and sucrifice.

Salaam

rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2006 at 12:14am

salaams sky

i like ur end line " we get what we deserve not desire". ofetn we forget such a basic thing.

i will perservere n be as patient as i can. Insha Allah im hopeful that in the end things wil work out.

my hubby n i are talking more often now n tomorrow after Jumah we are gonna meet Insha Allh n discuss the Khutbah n other stuff.

then on sunday, ( hes still gonna confirm), he will join us for iftaar. he sadi for now since he cant give me equal nights, he will give me time during the day , especially on weekends. he will even come after iftaar on weekday n we can pray Esha together n then he will spend time with the kids n tuck them in bed n then leave.

to some it may seem im a fool to accept such a compromise, but i think its btter that nothing or not seeing him for a whole week

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic