IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - fulfill my haqq or grant me a talaaq  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fulfill my haqq or grant me a talaaq

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najamsahar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2006 at 2:38am

I quote myself from the earlier post

""Islaam does not recognise any relation between ex es . This is the wisdom behind it. You and your ex have become nothing to each other by the talaaq. He is just another man you come across at work or anywhere else. what he does with his wife is is his problem. And frankly, you should not be thinking about him for even a spilt second.""

And totally agree with UmmTaaha's post.

Rookaiya, sorry to be blunt here, but many
( not all) of your problems are arising from how you are dealing with your ex and his situation .

-NS

rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2006 at 4:34am

salaams

i have decided to take the advise regarding my ex. hes no longer a part of my life so i will pretend he doesnt exist n concentrate on other issues

i have plans for the weekend. im taking the kids shopping. insha allah on sunday im taking them to an orphanage for a visit. i have decided to invite at least one orphan child to sepnd eid with me n the kids. thereafter i would like her to come for the decmeber holidays when schools are closed. i think that i can make a differnece in a little girla life n i know my kids will welcome her into our home with open arms. i havent met the girl yet, but im looking for a girl who is about 9, my eldest daughters age. i know i have 4 kids of my own n lots of responsibilities, but i think i can hanlde one more child of that age

i never thought about this before but it just occured to me a few days ago that i would like to add value to someones life. i have a desire deep in my heart to care for an orphan child. alhamdulillah , Allah SWA has blessed me with 4 wonderful children n im very grateful for that. but i know i have lots of love to share with other kids as well. i will see how this goes n maybe Insha Allah i will even adopt a child in the near future

this feels like its my calling in life. its the first time in my life that i feel so passionate about this n i have a strong desire to reach out n help the orphans.

this will indeed fill a void in my life n give me a sense of purpose.

rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2006 at 4:46am

and as for my hubby n me, i have decided to try the 2 week thing. i will not call him or ask him to come over or demand that he fulfil my haqq. i will instead concentrate on my self n the kids n my studies.

work is also very demanding, so i have lots on my plate. i think the break will indeed do us both some good. n my idea about helping out an orphan child will really make me feel so good, knowing that I made a difference in someones life. i will keep u guys posted regarding what happens .

enjoy the weekend everyone.

taliyya View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taliyya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2006 at 5:34am

Assalamu Alaikum Dear Sister,

You should not sit by and allow your husband to disrespect you. You are just as entitled to fair treatment as your co-wife is. That is Islam. He is wrong and you need to talk to your Imam about it. Are you hesitating because you feel he is not really into you and that he'll use that as an excuse to let you go? I ask because I don't see how you have dealt with this situation for so long. It's almost like you're tiptoeing around trying not to tip over an already shaky boat.

rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2006 at 6:07am

salaams taliya

im following the advise of sister NS who told me to give my hubby a 2 week break. she said that i shouldnt mention my haqq to him during those 2 weeks nor should i think of his n his first wife. i should use the time to do other stuff

im not tiptoeing at all. i have told my hubby that i want a talaaq since hes not fulfilling my haqq. but hes the one who begged me to reconsider, saying that he doesnt want to end the marriage. hes asked me to be aptiend n he said that he has a plan.

im not afraid of this marriage ending. i was married before n i survived that divorce n if trhis ends in divorce, im sure i will survive.

so now who do i listen to. on the one had i have someone telling me to be patient n give my hubby a chance. on the other hand im told that i should demand my haqq as it is my right for him to spend equal time with me

i love him alot n he loves me too. i dont really want the marriage to end in talaaq. so for now, i will hold on n try the 2 week thing n see what happens.

najamsahar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najamsahar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2006 at 7:03am

Dear Rookaiya,

Your posts are wonderful and positive.

You have only a week left for the 2 weeks to be up and then we will review the plan I made.

NS

UmmTaaha View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmTaaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2006 at 10:28pm

NS, I am growing to admire you. Masha allah, very good advices, and very careful follow ups. may allah reward you graciously, and may He produce more sisters and brothers in this community like you.

Rookaiya,

Talaaq is the most disliked of things Allah has made permissible. So we have to analyse, what ultimately we are seeking. Are we seeking merely our desires or His good pleasure.

There was a society where husbands and wives would concentrate their focus on their duties and not their rights in a marriage. In such societies is health and prosperity. 

Our duties are what we shall be questioned about not our rights. We will receive fair compensations for the rights which were nor fulfilled in this life, but as for our duties, we shall be held accountable. So do not let the balance between the two escape you.

Our trials are either an expiation of our sins or they improve our ranks with allah. So keep doing your duty and know that Allah knows all that you are going through - He is not unawre of anything - not even that which the breasts conceal. Have faith in Allah, and seek Him for deliverance from your present situations.

Take the desired means to help you and do not rely on these. Keep your trust in Allah, not on your means taken.

rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2006 at 1:55am

subhanallah

i called my hubby in a fit of rage. i know i wasnt supposed to n that i was to wait 2 weeks. but i couldnt contain myself. i was hurting too much n i needed to vent. so i called him n i told him a whole lot of crap. i cursed him n told him that he would never find happiness n peace of mind as long as he was opressing me.

then i hung up on him. i cried for a bit. i got more mad n i called him again. this time he hung up on me. so i called back n told him that if he ever dared hang up again i would go to his work n make a scene there n embarass him at work

i dont know where all this came from as i have been very calm n level headed. but today i just felt like i needed to erupt or i would die. i was such a mean person to him. i wanted to hurt him n punish him. i hate him so much right now. how could he do this to me'

did i ask him to be my nite in shinning armour? NOPE>>>>>>>>>i was getting along very well on my own after my talaaq. i never asked this man to persue me n talk me into being his second wife, only to have him mistreat me n mishandle me now. n step on my emotions. he said he loved me. he said i was his lost mate. he even questioned y this hadnt happened years ago, i.e me n him getting married. he has lied to me too many times than i care to remember

how can he live with himself. he calls himself a believer n a pious person. yet he treats me like crap. I cry everyday becos of him. now my kids have to suffer yet again. how could one man destroy so many lives. hes lower than the scum of the earth. hes a liar and a manipulator. he used me. now that he got what he wanted , he discarded me like garbage. where is the justice, someone please tell me where is the justice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic