IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - fulfill my haqq or grant me a talaaq  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fulfill my haqq or grant me a talaaq

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2006 at 12:09am

salaams NS

he didnt come last nite as promised. he send me a message saying that he had car trouble. the kids were very disappointed as we had waited for him for iftaar. but thats fine . im ok. ive decided to focus on my studies for now. im doing my masters in bussiness administration and its difficult.

what also bugs me sometimes is my ex hubby. i moved from our home 2 years ago n came to another city. he married someone else 3 days later n gave me talaaq a month later

then in may this year he n his wife n their kid now move to the same city where i am. n we all happen to be working for the same company, on different floors.

almost every othr day i bump into the 2. its makes me so sda. thsi is the man i was married to for 7 years. we have 3 kids togther. n he discarded like nothing. fine, i accpeted that n i took a transfer to another city. y must he now come to where i am. thsi is very unfair. seeing him hurts me so much. i cant even say salaam to him.

he used to come to my office to chat, but i told my manager about it and he was barred from communicating with me at work. our youngets son who is 3 is sickly. he was hospitalised twice, n his dad was here , same city noth thimes, i called him n told him. he never once bothered to come n see the child. he hasnt seen his kids in 2 months

my eldest daughter wrote him a letter n gave it to me to give to him, since we work in the same building. she wanted to know whay he doesnt come to see them or collect them for the weekend. he replied that he would come soon,but he never did

it breaks my heart to write this , as my eldest daughter was very fond of her dad, but he has excluded himself from the kids lives.

so now they are holding onto their new daddy. so it really a double blow for them too, should my second nikah not work out.

i sometimes ask myself why am i this unlucky in my marriages. i have yet to discover the answer to that.

rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2006 at 12:54am

oops i forgot that i wanted to let u know of an interesting site that i have come across. not sure how i even got there. they have all these sisters blogs. its quite interesting to read about what other sisters in similar situations are going through

i just type this on my pc  needcopingmechanisms.blogspot.com

then i chose " between rights and obligations" its very interesting what i read there. i have also since then read other blogs too. i think it will be indeed very helpful to people who are struggling to deal with polygamy.

if anyone comes across ano useful or interesting info on other sites, please feel free to share same

jazak Allah

najamsahar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najamsahar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2006 at 12:57am

Dear Rookaiya,

First of, your second marriage is not in the category of "not working". You are having difficulties which are very common in a polygamous marriage when the first wife did not consent to the second wife.

Your present husband, it appears that he is in the middle of a tug of war, but really he is trying and lets him give some credit for that. And a lot of credit for having concern for your children and trying to be a dad for them.

I really admire that you can deal with your ex and his wife after what you have gone through. Its simply amazing and I can imagine what you must be going through on a daily basis and coming out even stronger each time.

From what you have said here, it is pretty obvious that your ex does not want to be part of your kids lives. It's wrong!

But you have to see something here, he is not involved and looks like he does not want to.

So this is the reality of your life and you need to accept this. Its important to accept this.

Only by accepting the reality, you can deal with it. If you are emotional and focus on "why and what" , you wont move on.

Islaam does not recognise any relation between ex es . This is the wisdom behind it. You and your ex have become nothing to each other by the talaaq. He is just another man you come across at work or anywhere else. what he does with his wife is is his problem. And frankly, you should not be thinking about him for even a spilt second.

This is what Allah has sent for you and what I see (an maybe others) is different from what you see. And Allah SWT, He sees a big picture of which we have no knowledge and in the end its best for us.

I see your ex husband as someone who can get acrried away and what a decision to make!, leave the marriage and the kids and start off with a lady who drinks. Then try and speak to the first wife (you). He is a guy who does not care for his child when he is sick, does not respond to his daughters letters.

Why are you frustrated at this behaviour? And you are contradicting yourself again, you want to say salaam to him and also you know that he is not a great father.

Even if he was involved with the kids, I would be very wary as to what kind of a environment he is exposing them to, this is another big issue that will start. his wife and he appear to be liberal and who knows what their principles are? Surely not very islamic.

I think each time you see him, you should thank Allah that He made you away from such a man!

Plus, you have moved on too. You are married to this guy who promised to be a good dad for your kids, you have a new baby and you are working and have family support and doing MBA. MashaAllah!

Let me ask you a q about your first marriage, when you discovered that he was having an affair, did you ask for a divorce or did he?

Your marriage and your life will work out, this is a part of Allahs Plan.

-NS

rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2006 at 4:34am

salaam NS

when i found out about the affair i was hurt n humiliated as it was exposed in front of all our collegaues at a work function. to make matter worse he never came home that evening, but spent the night with that lady. he called me the next day n said he wanted to talk. i was very upset n said i need time to think

then next thing its like he has moved in wiht this lady n im living with a friend. it all happened so fast. then i aksed for a transfer n moved to another city, which is my home town, where i grew up. he didnt even attempt to stop me. in fact he helped me pack. a week after i left , i was informed that he n the lady r married

then he comes in december that same year with the lady to my moms place to show her off, in our community. he parks his car outside my yard, calls the kids n he n her take pics of the kids. right outside my moms house. i was devastated n called my uncle. my unlce told them to leave at once as this was unacceptable

the woman who he has married isnt the best of people. a week after they moved here, she caused trouble at work. she met me at the lift n made a comment abt my son. a nasty comment regarding my mothering skills. i was upset n went to her manager. she was given a warning n told not to communicate wiht me at work or else she will eb in seruious trouble.

sometimes when i look back at my life n all that has transpired i cant believe that i have actually been through all this. but like u said its all part of Allahs plan n i have to accept it n move on. what other option do i have

oops i forgot to add that my ex wanted me to come back to him earlier this year. he told me that hes so miserable with his wife. said that shes loose with money n has a sharp tongue n that she montitors his every move. she wont allow him to go anywhere without her

she even answers his mobile fone n screens his messages. each month she gets a print out of his mobile fone n she questions him abt hsi fone calls. he has no freedom to go anywhere or do anything. i flet sorry for him at the time, but in hindsight, i think he deserves what hes getting. after all that i did for him, he repaid me by discarding me as if i were an old worn out toy. he told me that i was so fat n old. he called me a granny, >>>>ME>>>>>>>>>>th e one who took him in when he had no place to stay

the one who maintained him for 2 years when he was unemployed. the one who got him the job hes doing now. when i think about all the thinkgs ive done n all the sacrifices ive made, it breaks my heart really, that any human being could be so cruel to another. n to think that i wasted 7 good years of my life on this man. im very bitter indeed.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najamsahar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2006 at 8:40am

No news that he is miserable w her.

She must be so insecure that he will go back to you or will find another woman like her!

Let me ask you the q again,

1)who initiated the divorce proceedings

2) Do you speak about your ex to your present husband? Like your hurt and your feelings etc

3)Are you in touch with your ex now? If yes, is it about the kids or just staying in touch.

NS

rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2006 at 11:22pm

salaams

my ex n me are not in contact as i lodged a complain to my manager n he isnt allowed to contact me at work

as for the divorce, i left n he married her a week later. when i found out i asked him n he denied the marriage to her. but we were now living in differnt cities. then after a month he send me an email n he concluded with the words in big bold letters " SO I SET YOU FREE". i asked him if he intended talaaq by these words but he didnt reply

so i appraoched our local Imaam n advised him of the circumstances and the email. the Imaam called him to ask what he intended by the words n he advised that he intended to give me a talaaq. accordingly the Imaam advised that this is an irrevocable talaaq and that i should observe my idaat period

there were no divorce proceedings as we had only made Nikaah. we hadnt registered our marriage in terms of South african law. the reason for this is, becoause im an attorney and i have seen many marriages end in divorce. i wanted us to sign a prenup n he refused so beocs we couldnt agree on the pre nup, or marriage wasnt registered according to South african law.

my husband is well aware of everything pertaining to my ex hubby n me. hes the one who advised me to break ties with my ex, seeing that he has caused me such pain n misery in the past

UmmTaaha View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmTaaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2006 at 1:06am

Rookaiya,

Ramadan Kareem to you and your family!

You are indeed an admirable woman, from all what you have stated, you have surely gone thru so much and alhamdulillah, you have been so, so strong thru all of it.

May allah reward you for your strength and courage, with an honorable compensation from His treasures, Ameen.

Dear sister, I wish to point out to you, that your ex hubby is islamically not a mahram to you anymore. So thinking about him, discussing or pondering over his personal life would not be right for you. Further you are somebody's wife, so for his (your present husband) ghairah and his dignity, you should leave your past life as a chapter closed, insha allah. There is no reason for you to feel sorry for him or even to think weather he deserves what he is getting or not. Just let him be. You concentrate on your life, your husband and your children.

Insha allah your marriage will work, since your husband sounds to be a man of Taqwa, masha allah.

Hold on and be strong!

Through allah's Grace and Favor is all success and felicity.

Edited by UmmTaaha

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najamsahar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2006 at 2:34am
Originally posted by rookaiya rookaiya wrote:

salaams

my ex n me are not in contact as i lodged a complain to my manager n he isnt allowed to contact me at work

as for the divorce, i left n he married her a week later. when i found out i asked him n he denied the marriage to her. but we were now living in differnt cities. then after a month he send me an email n he concluded with the words in big bold letters " SO I SET YOU FREE". i asked him if he intended talaaq by these words but he didnt reply

so i appraoched our local Imaam n advised him of the circumstances and the email. the Imaam called him to ask what he intended by the words n he advised that he intended to give me a talaaq. accordingly the Imaam advised that this is an irrevocable talaaq and that i should observe my idaat period

there were no divorce proceedings as we had only made Nikaah. we hadnt registered our marriage in terms of South african law. the reason for this is, becoause im an attorney and i have seen many marriages end in divorce. i wanted us to sign a prenup n he refused so beocs we couldnt agree on the pre nup, or marriage wasnt registered according to South african law.

my husband is well aware of everything pertaining to my ex hubby n me. hes the one who advised me to break ties with my ex, seeing that he has caused me such pain n misery in the past

Rookaiya,

Let me ask you the question again,

1)Is your present husband aware that you have this interaction or whatever with your ex earlier this year and that he asked you to come back to him ?

2)And that even today, you are very sensitive about what has happened in respect to that marriage and to quote you "I feel bad that I cannot even say salaam to him"

And if he is aware of this, how do you think he feels about it? Like sis Ummtaaha pointed out, you husband has some dignity too, what do you think he feels.

-NS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic