IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Celebrities condemn terrorists  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Celebrities condemn terrorists

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muhammad77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 10:04am

Angel wrote : if a muslim is not meant to watch certain things then they should not even be able to condemn something, is that right or not?

Killing innocent civilians is not allowed in Islam, so should we Muslims not condemn that? If something is wrong, I will condemn it, whether I watch or follow it or not.

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 11:26am

Assalamu alaikum,

I personally don't give a rats whisker for anything any "celebrity" says about anything.  The only "stars" I take any direction from are the ones Allah placed in the sky. 

These people's opinions have about as much weight as any human:  the guy who collects your garbage, the cable guy, the lady at the cash register at the grocery store.....Unfortunately, some people prefer to believe that celebrities are above the average rabble and that what they say or do is somehow significant.

Hilarious!

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Cassandra View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

[QUOTE=Whisper]Angel what else would you expect from all these falsies and our great Rupert ze Aussie? The outright truth?

Well, Mr. Whisper, as I'm pretty certain you've read in many of my posts, I cannot abide Hollywood....I rarely watch a movie, post 1949, and share your view that they are a bunch of phonies. 

That being said, I do agree that it is a good thing that they have for once had the gumption (i.e., nerve, fortitude) to publically state they are against terrorists. Don't you agree that is proper? (My purple) Or am I missing something here?  I'm sure you'll let me know!!!  (Even when I agree with Sasha he can make it look like I'm disagreeing.)  I know you are not "with" terrorists....even though you hate the ugly American, like me.  But you're much too wise to consort with terrorists of any type.

Peace to you always.

Who in their right mind would not be against "terrorism"?  My comment would be, however, who are the terrorists today?  Do they wear some sort of mark on their forehead (like Harry Potter's scar from Voldemort?)  It would be helpful if they would.  For this writer, anyway. 
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 12:43pm
!

Edited by Sign*Reader - 18 August 2015 at 9:58pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 5:56pm
?

Edited by Sign*Reader - 18 August 2015 at 10:00pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 6:25pm
?.....

Edited by Sign*Reader - 18 August 2015 at 10:01pm
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2006 at 12:08am
?

Edited by Sign*Reader - 18 August 2015 at 10:02pm
Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2006 at 8:58pm

Edited by Hanan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic