Printed Date: 26 April 2024 at 3:08pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Celebrities condemn terrorists
Posted By: Angel
Subject: Celebrities condemn terrorists
Date Posted: 17 August 2006 at 9:09am

Nicole Kidman condemns terrorists

Thursday Aug 17 09:02 AEST

Nicole Kidman has made a public stand against terrorism.

The actress, joined by 84 other high-profile Hollywood stars, directors, studio bosses and media moguls, including News Corporation chairman Rupert Murdoch, has taken out a powerfully-worded full page advertisement in the Los Angeles Times newspaper.

It specifically targets "terrorist organisations" such as Hizbollah in Lebanon and Hamas in Palestine.

"We the undersigned are pained and devastated by the civilian casualties in Israel and Lebanon caused by terrorist actions initiated by terrorist organisations such as Hizbollah and Hamas," the ad reads.

"If we do not succeed in stopping terrorism around the world, chaos will rule and innocent people will continue to die.

"We need to support democratic societies and stop terrorism at all costs."

A who's who of Hollywood heavyweights joined Kidman and Murdoch in the ad.

The actors listed included: Michael Douglas, Dennis Hopper, Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis, Danny De Vito, Don Johnson, James Woods, Kelly Preston, Patricia Heaton and William Hurt.

Directors Ridley Scott, Tony Scott, Michael Mann, Dick Donner and Sam Raimi also signed their names.

Other Hollywood powerplayers supporting the ad included Sumner Redstone, the chairman and majority owner of Paramount Pictures, and billionaire mogul, Haim Saban.

�AAP 2006
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=122940 - http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=122940

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Replies:
Posted By: ak_m_f
Date Posted: 17 August 2006 at 10:07am
In retaliation Hamas has banned Nicole Kidman's movie in Palestine.

Posted By: Muhammad77
Date Posted: 17 August 2006 at 10:25am

Nicole Kidman also terrorizes many people by revealing and exposing herself in videos. I condemn her.

Posted By: Whisper
Date Posted: 17 August 2006 at 2:49pm
Angel what else would you expect from all these falsies and our great Rupert ze Aussie? The outright truth?

Posted By: Patty
Date Posted: 17 August 2006 at 4:33pm

Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Angel what else would you expect from all these falsies and our great Rupert ze Aussie? The outright truth?

Well, Mr. Whisper, as I'm pretty certain you've read in many of my posts, I cannot abide Hollywood....I rarely watch a movie, post 1949, and share your view that they are a bunch of phonies. 

That being said, I do agree that it is a good thing that they have for once had the gumption (i.e., nerve, fortitude) to publically state they are against terrorists. Don't you agree that is proper?  Or am I missing something here?  I'm sure you'll let me know!!!  (Even when I agree with Sasha he can make it look like I'm disagreeing.)  I know you are not "with" terrorists....even though you hate the ugly American, like me.  But you're much too wise to consort with terrorists of any type.

Peace to you always.

-------------
Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.

Date Posted: 17 August 2006 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Muhammad77 Muhammad77 wrote:

Nicole Kidman also terrorizes many people by revealing and exposing herself in videos. I condemn her.

Well, what are you doing watching those wretched videos in the first place???  If you watch them, you are not in any position to condemn her!  Can you "caste the first stone?"

-------------
Patty

Posted By: Sign*Reader
Date Posted: 17 August 2006 at 6:40pm
!

-------------
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.

Date Posted: 18 August 2006 at 2:30am
Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

Well, what are you doing watching those wretched videos in the first place???  If you watch them, you are not in any position to condemn her!  Can you "caste the first stone?"

Patty, I condemn what you said.

How can you say that I watch? How will I follow something which I condemn? I have condemned her.

In Islam, it is haraam to watch such things.

Anyway, she can do whatever she wants to do. After all, she is a non-muslim.

Date Posted: 18 August 2006 at 6:34am

How can you say that I watch? How will I follow something which I condemn? I have condemned her.

I think the whole point was that, How do you know what Nicole shows in her videos if you haven't watched them ?

Nicole maybe non muslim but she IS catholic even scientology and Tom couldn't pull her away from her faith

To the rest of the peoples:

This isn't about Nicole Kidman even thou her name is in the article title. It is about celebrities condemning terrorism be it hezbollah/hamas or others and so be it that hollywood is ran mostly by Jewish people!

-------------

Date Posted: 18 August 2006 at 6:39am

Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Remember when Mel Gibson got picked up for DUI what did he tell the arresting cop--the Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." Gibson then asked the deputy, "Are you a Jew?" Some time people in Hollywood even describe their true feelings under truth serum (booze)!!!

He was DRUNK and very much under the influence and not in his right mind, you going to use this as an excuse??  

-------------

Date Posted: 18 August 2006 at 7:24am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

I think the whole point was that, How do you know what Nicole shows in her videos if you haven't watched them ?

Nicole maybe non muslim but she IS catholic even scientology and Tom couldn't pull her away from her faith

How do we know about terrorists? Through media we get to know about them, and we do come across them even if we want to avoid knowing about them.

How do we know about Nicole Kidman and what she is? Again, it is through media we get to know about her, and we do come across her even if we want to avoid knowing about her.

Date Posted: 18 August 2006 at 7:25am

1.  THIS  BELLYACHING IS REAL bcs TOO MANY WHITE JEWISH BOYS GOT KILLED IN THE FIRE FIGHT, WHICH WAS NOT PART OF THE PLAN, ONLY THE BROWN ARABS WERE SUPPOSED TO DIE>>

I only now realize the depth of your hatred.  As long as I have been on this site, I have not once seen any person applaud the death of any Muslims.  And we wonder why there is no peace in the Middle East??  How totally disgusting.  FYI, many of those who signed this document were NOT Jewish....not that it would matter to you, but some were MUSLIM.

Go grovel in your hate now.

-------------
Patty

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 18 August 2006 at 7:39am

AstagfirAllah!

What matters to me is what our Loving, Avenging Lord condemns.  And he condemns the slaughter of innocents, no matter who started it!

Salaamu Alaykum

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 18 August 2006 at 7:47am

How do we know about terrorists? Through media we get to know about them, and we do come across them even if we want to avoid knowing about them.

How do we know about Nicole Kidman and what she is? Again, it is through media we get to know about her, and we do come across her even if we want to avoid knowing about her.

AstagfirAllah!

Brother Muhammad,  I apologize for the assault on your character.  No one has the right to joke with that.  Some people aren't aware that there are righteous Muslim men in this world who deserve respect.  Non-Muslims probably don't know that these false accusations are haram, forbidden.  Such spurious comments may be the source of jokes on non-Muslim websites, but a Muslim man or woman's honor is not a joke.

Salaamu Alaykum

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Date Posted: 18 August 2006 at 8:40am

"Brother Muhammad,  I apologize for the assault on your character.  No one has the right to joke with that.  Some people aren't aware that there are righteous Muslim men in this world who deserve respect.  Non-Muslims probably don't know that these false accusations are haram, forbidden.  Such spurious comments may be the source of jokes on non-Muslim websites, but a Muslim man or woman's honor is not a joke.

Salaamu Alaykum"

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but Muhammad was condemning Nicole Kidman for supposedly acting in videos in various stages of undress.  Why is he correct in personally condemning her, but it is wrong for a non-Muslim to point out that only God has that right?  What assault was made on his character?  It was reasonable to assume that he had seen the video of her, otherwise how could he have known what she was or was not wearing?  So, if I understand this post accurately, it is fine for a Muslim to condemn a non-Muslim, but it is not the same if a Non-Muslim attempts to correct the judgemental actions of a Muslim.  Perhaps someone can explain what is meant here.  Thank you.

God's Peace.

-------------
Patty

Date Posted: 18 August 2006 at 9:27am
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

AstagfirAllah!

Brother Muhammad,  I apologize for the assault on your character.  No one has the right to joke with that.  Some people aren't aware that there are righteous Muslim men in this world who deserve respect.  Non-Muslims probably don't know that these false accusations are haram, forbidden.  Such spurious comments may be the source of jokes on non-Muslim websites, but a Muslim man or woman's honor is not a joke.

Salaamu Alaykum

Honestly Herjihad, you have missed the whole point. No one is joking nor harming anyone, if a muslim is not meant to watch certain things then they should not even be able to condemn something, is that right or not?

You are just wrong here with your accusations, you are offensive and quite judgemental here  

-------------

Date Posted: 18 August 2006 at 10:04am

Angel wrote : if a muslim is not meant to watch certain things then they should not even be able to condemn something, is that right or not?

Killing innocent civilians is not allowed in Islam, so should we Muslims not condemn that? If something is wrong, I will condemn it, whether I watch or follow it or not.

Posted By: ummziba
Date Posted: 18 August 2006 at 11:26am

Assalamu alaikum,

I personally don't give a rats whisker for anything any "celebrity" says about anything.  The only "stars" I take any direction from are the ones Allah placed in the sky. 

These people's opinions have about as much weight as any human:  the guy who collects your garbage, the cable guy, the lady at the cash register at the grocery store.....Unfortunately, some people prefer to believe that celebrities are above the average rabble and that what they say or do is somehow significant.

Hilarious!

Peace, ummziba.

-------------
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~

Posted By: Cassandra
Date Posted: 18 August 2006 at 11:35am

[QUOTE=Whisper]Angel what else would you expect from all these falsies and our great Rupert ze Aussie? The outright truth?

Well, Mr. Whisper, as I'm pretty certain you've read in many of my posts, I cannot abide Hollywood....I rarely watch a movie, post 1949, and share your view that they are a bunch of phonies. 

That being said, I do agree that it is a good thing that they have for once had the gumption (i.e., nerve, fortitude) to publically state they are against terrorists. Don't you agree that is proper? (My purple) Or am I missing something here?  I'm sure you'll let me know!!!  (Even when I agree with Sasha he can make it look like I'm disagreeing.)  I know you are not "with" terrorists....even though you hate the ugly American, like me.  But you're much too wise to consort with terrorists of any type.

Peace to you always.

Who in their right mind would not be against "terrorism"?  My comment would be, however, who are the terrorists today?  Do they wear some sort of mark on their forehead (like Harry Potter's scar from Voldemort?)  It would be helpful if they would.  For this writer, anyway. 

Date Posted: 18 August 2006 at 12:43pm
!

-------------
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.

Date Posted: 18 August 2006 at 5:56pm
?

-------------

Date Posted: 18 August 2006 at 6:25pm
?.....

-------------

Date Posted: 19 August 2006 at 12:08am
?

-------------

Posted By: Hanan
Date Posted: 19 August 2006 at 8:58pm

Date Posted: 21 August 2006 at 7:37am
Originally posted by Hanan Hanan wrote:

Angel: Does your church make you and your fellow worshippers aware of certain offending movies or literature, or are you encourage to watch any piece of trash indiscriminately?

lol! what makes you think that of me?

-------------

Posted By: Mohini
Date Posted: 21 August 2006 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

[QUOTE=Angel]

[QUOTE=Sign*Reader] Remember when Mel Gibson got picked up for DUI what did he tell the arresting cop--the Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." Gibson then asked the deputy, "Are you a Jew?" Some time people in Hollywood even describe their true feelings under truth serum (booze)!!!

He was DRUNK and very much under the influence and not in his right mind, you going to use this as an excuse??  

I'm sure his daddy would be proud.

-------------
I BELIEVE IN DIALOGUE - NOT WAR - AT ALL COST.

Posted By: Hanan
Date Posted: 21 August 2006 at 10:19am

Date Posted: 21 August 2006 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Hanan Hanan wrote:

Angel wrote: what makes you think that of me?

On August 18 2006 at 8:34am, you asked Muhammad77: How do you know what Nicole shows in her videos if you haven't watched them ?

My question to you: Does your church make you and your fellow worshippers aware of certain offending movies or literature, or are you encourage to watch any piece of trash indiscriminately? referred to the fact that some Christian churches forbid, or advise their members against the reading of certain literature or the watching of certain programs and films. In other words, I was trying to alert you to the fact that Islam has similar recommendations. Muhammad even said so himself: �In Islam, it is haraam to watch such things.� He doesn�t have to actually watch a film to know that it is trash.

I see.

-------------

Posted By: izri
Date Posted: 22 July 2015 at 9:27pm

1.  THIS  BELLYACHING IS REAL bcs TOO MANY WHITE JEWISH BOYS GOT KILLED IN THE FIRE FIGHT, WHICH WAS NOT PART OF THE PLAN, ONLY THE BROWN ARABS WERE SUPPOSED TO DIE>>

I only now realize the depth of your hatred.  As long as I have been on this site, I have not once seen any person applaud the death of any Muslims.  And we wonder why there is no peace in the Middle East??  How totally disgusting.  FYI, many of those who signed this document were NOT Jewish....not that it would matter to you, but some were MUSLIM.

Go grovel in your hate now.

Wow, you are really lving under a rock. Israhell, the US, Uk, are the greatest terrorist-states in the world. All the wars in the world are meant to deliver the status of ruling state of the world to Israhell. Gog and Magog ( the judeo christian zionist alliance) created the terrorist-state of Israhell in 1948 so that eventuall Israhell would become the ruling state of the world. And Israhell is no well on it's way to achive it. Thanks to the zionists who control the US congres, the British parlemaint, the Australian regime, the French regime on Israhell's behalf. They are even saying that their goal is to achive full spectrum domninance over all of mankind. They want to deliver that status to the terrorist-state of Israhell so that one day a man will stand up in Israhell and say ''i am the messiah''.
While in fact he will be the false messiah who will try to impersonate the true messiah. We Muslims know that he will take the jews for a ride and deliver them to the hellfire. We know that the true messiah is the son of Maryam (Mary).

So you better wake up and look further than the length of your nose.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net