IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - America, the Disliked, but why so much?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

America, the Disliked, but why so much?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2006 at 10:50am

Herjihad,

Here is another reference to the American Civil War.  Only America and Haiti fought a war to free the slaves.

THE CIVIL WAR (1861-1865)

It was therefore inevitable that something had to be done in America in order to preserve the Union. The disunity of the states escalated into one of America's most dreadful and bloody wars. President Abraham Lincoln stated, "A house divided against itself cannot stand." Earlier, in 1858, Lincoln had stated that, "I believe this government cannot endure, permanently, half slave and half free."

To read the rest, if interested, please click on the following link:

http://www.liu.edu/cwis/CWP/library/aaslavry.htm#civil

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2006 at 11:06am

Only America and Haiti fought a war to free the slaves.

Yes and half fought to keep it...

other countries did not have to fight because they either did not have it or outlawed it long ago.

It is quite common knowledge that initially the war was NOT to free the slaves.  That is very much common assumption. Not sure why you are arguing the point? The war began to stop the south from forming their own country.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2006 at 12:30pm

Bismillah,

Patty, I should have known that you would just twist my words.  You insulted the people of this site by saying that it "bothered you".  So I invited you to go elsewhere since no one is binding you here.  I don't want to spend my time arguing with you.  It seems you enjoy that, and since your Catholic sites have more of it, I invite you to spend more time there.  Your insults of Sasha, me, Hanan, and anyone else who disagrees with you are constant and unjustified.  You start things and then point the finger.  Just stop it.

Your slave story that you posted only proves what I said.  The kids were stolen by members of other tribes, not their own tribe.  America and England and all of the other countries who got rich off of the slave trade are responsible, not some tribesman who had no idea what would happen to his world by dealing with the heathen slave trading ships.  Shoving the responsibility on to them and off of us is really irresponsible, but par for the course for you.

If I were a moderator, I would have banned you long ago for the way you insult the Muslims and friends of Muslims here.  What?  Muslims wanting a corner of the internet where they are not ridiculed for their faith and desire to live peacefully and garner support for issues we care about seems like to much for you?

I agree with you on one thing:  It's hard to lose a loved one.

Salaamu Alaykum

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2006 at 1:34pm

Herjihad, I have absolutely no idea what has happened to you.  If you recall, you were the one who began to PM me, and then to email me.  I'm not saying this to embarrass you...I am quite simply stunned.  I honestly thought you were a friend. 

There is not one person on this site whom I do not find something to genuinely like.  Where you are getting the idea I don't like these people all of a sudden is beyond me.  I wish I knew.  I have been on this site for five years.  I tried to offer assistance to you via email, if you recall....only to be nice.  This really shocks me, your reaction.  I hope someday I will have the answer to what has changed you.  I do remember we have a "mutual friend" with whom I am very close.  Perhaps she can shed some light on this....I hope so.  I've never been so confused.  And, yes, it is hard to lose someone....and then to have a friend turn on you at the same time.

God's Peace.

Edited by Patty
Patty

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2006 at 3:10pm

Herjihad,

We've been good friends for a while now, but I think you've crossed the line.

First off, though the Civil War was fought to preserve the Union, the Slavery Issue was the factor that lead to the conflict. 

Secondly,  Patty was pointing out that Blacks sold Blacks to the slavers.  Be they from different tribes or not, truth be told, slavery is not just a white mans issue.  Yes, the English, Spanish and Portugese were guilty of importing slaves to the New World.  Yes, the Southern Plantations were addicted to the cheap labor as we are addicted to foreign oil today.  But Slavery is not just the sin of Americans.  Look at the Serfs of Eastern Europe.  Those slaves were freed in Russia in 1860. 

The current administration has made huge errors and struck deadly blows to the ideals that founded this country.  America (despite what MOCKBA said earlier) was founded on altruistic ideals.  Freedom of Speech, Religion and the Representation of the People. 

Our government only works with the will of the People.  The great manipulations in the Media can drive that in directions wanted by the men in power, but it can also drive it back in the other direction.  It takes only a few to start change.  We will come out of this dark time, just as we came out of them in the past. 

However, the US herself is not totally to blame for everything.  Why are not more fingers pointed at the European Powers that carved up Africa, Asia and the Middle East into its artificial state?  England was largely responsible for Palestine prior to WWII.  Why are they not blamed for the problems there and it solely rest with the United States?

Why not place some blame with the Turks?  Was it not the Ottoman's who sided with the Kaiser?  This surely helped create this awful situation.

Everyone likes to point fingers.  And everyone likes excuses.  The US right now is a convenient excuse to blame violence that has been raging for centuries. 

The US invaded Afghanistan because they refused to hand over the men that planned the deaths of 3,000 people.  If you noticed, they barely batted an eye in that direction after the collapse of the Soviet Union. 

Iraq was Dubya's reclaiming the family honor since Daddy dearest didn't oust Saddam in 1991.

The UN is to blame for the Oil for Food program gone wrong, and Daddy Bush is to blame for the Oil for Food Program even being needed. 

The US needs to return to the Isolationism it practiced until World War I.  The world certainly doesn't need our interference, however, to a certain extent, that would mean that outside forces would have to put a leash on certain groups. 

If the US pulls out of Iraq, Afghanistan and other areas, then there cannot be anymore 9/11s or 7/7s. 

Israel is losing ground politically.  I really don't know what to say about Israel.  How do you decide the fate of those who were born there?  Its easy to say send them all back to Germany.  But only 32% of Israelis were born abroad.  What of the 68% that know no other place?  Its easy to say give the land back to Palestine.  Would it be preferrable to create a Yugoslavian styled state where groups that are bent on revenge are forced to live together under a central government?  We know what happened there?

I heard a German man today say that the path to Peace requires the destruction of the Jews.  It made my stomach sick and chills go up my spine.  I was stunned.  The momentary elation I had that the men in my office were supporting Lebanon and the Palestinians was cut short by such a statement. 

So, why is the US so hated?  Recent history mixed with centuries of hatreds. 

Do you know who's really to blame for all of this????  Alexander the Great.  So there.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2006 at 3:31pm

Bismillah,

Crossed the Line?  This is how I feel and how I've felt for years.  You didn't know? I crossed a line that you drew somewhere?  Excuse me.   Why are you saying such a statement on a public forum?  Patty was attacking me personally and my statements and twisting what me and my fellow Muslim friends say.  And you are agreeing with that?  I guess that's your choice.

I am going to continue to be Muslim; this was never in doubt.  I will continue to support oppressed people, wherever they are from.  I have and will say things as I see them, although I will continue to try very hard to be polite, in spite of this statement of yours.

Do you think that I can concentrate on anything else you've written after your "cross the line" statement???

Salaamu Alaykum

Spacebo.

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2006 at 3:37pm
[QUOTE=Angela]

Herjihad,

We've been good friends for a while now, but I think you've crossed the line.

Me ___________________________________________ You

Hmm.

Salaamu Alaykum

Edited by herjihad
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2006 at 3:45pm

"Patty was attacking me personally"

Herjihad, please show me where I have ever done this.  I expressed my opinion, which differed from your's.  That is all I did.  I thought that was what debate and mature dialogue was about.

God's Peace. 

Patty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
  Share Topic