IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - America, the Disliked, but why so much?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

America, the Disliked, but why so much?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2006 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Brother, you seem to be going onnnn about morality in your post.

Won't it be a good idea to start spinning morality at home and start exporting when you get enough to spare some for the overseas markets?

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2006 at 9:06pm

As hard for anyone here to see there is somewhat a comparison. If we are talking about the direct impact then no there is no comparison to one whose forefathers had sufferd but if we are talking about systematic suffering then yes seeds of generations can indeed feel the injuries of slavery we see this today with the poverty stricken blacks in Los Angeles as well as the southern states. Of course I cannot compare the direct impact of suffering as a little child who is maimed by a rocket attack but I certainly understand one who may loathe a country because they feel that such a country (in this case the United States) is responsible for that suffering. However regardless of what I feel for a country it does not give me the desire to want to blow myself up-not only because the attack would be disproportionally wrong, but because it is immoral and unislamic as some of you have noted already.

This is not a question of whether I truly understand. Because realistically I don't. And neither do any of you. If any of you are personally effected I cannot see how since, neither one of you are directly getting bomb. However I'm not downplaying the effect another person suffering has on anyone of us but if this is a question of whether we truly undertand I can say that we all truly don't. Basically from what I get here is that the primary reason why many people overseas hate America is basically for historical and political reasons. Politically its obvious that America's foreign policy is biased and to those on the other end of the stick unfair. Historically because America has indeed washed its hands in a lot of blood.

Many of you may indeed think its funny that I continuously mention morality but that is the failing issue we as a community struggle with. I know that America has done wrong you don't need to constantly remind me that even I have said it here. However I look at both sides of the coin. America is damned either way and honestly even if America changed its policies it doesn't change the Middle East. This is another case of "the devil made me do it" because even if America left people will blame civil strife on the American influence upon the people while they were occupied. Regardless America is damned either way. Personally I prefer the isolanist idea. Frankly we have domestic terrorism which I have personally committed myself to fight.

Right now since we have had the terrorist who were captured my department has beefed up security at our local airport LAX (Los Angeles International Airport). Let me also mention when I say I support America I support its ideals not the particulars such as politicians, president etc. I love our Decleration of Independence our articles, amendements. I love the brilliance of how this was set up. This is perhaps the only country on this planet that was formed out of shame, arrogance, racism bloodshed and the like. But out of  all this this indeed a country where people can truly make a difference.

Let us not forget that we are a nation of laws and as I mention we are a nation (at least ideally) of moral accountability. There are truly people on this planet who feel empathetic that an individual has the right to commit mass suicide through terror because he/she is being occupied. Of course me speaking against it people are always saying "I don't understand." What is inconceivable is how one can take his/her life just because their suffering is so great and their pain is not bearable the same people who profess to believe that "God gives us no burden too great for us to bear."

I believe the solution here is to not focus on our hatred but rather commit ourselves to Jihad and I truly believe in the Jedi creed of patience and truth because such qualities are so rae and relevant to today.

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2006 at 11:44pm

Jazakallah khayran for your beautiful talent of stating the facts for what they are. I agree with you. I too, have many non-muslim friends that feel that way and are disempowered by the corruption of the system. You "hit the nail right on the head" Shukran for your sensitivity...no one could have said it better!

I have no idea why she doesn't just start writing full time instead of doing what she is doing. Just the truth, economy and the essence of her flow!

Must go and make a cup of tea, now.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2006 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

As hard for anyone here to see there is somewhat a comparison. If we are talking about the direct impact then no there is no comparison to one whose forefathers had sufferd but if we are talking about systematic suffering then yes seeds of generations can indeed feel the injuries of slavery we see this today with the poverty stricken blacks in Los Angeles as well as the southern states. Of course I cannot compare the direct impact of suffering as a little child who is maimed by a rocket attack but I certainly understand one who may loathe a country because they feel that such a country (in this case the United States) is responsible for that suffering. However regardless of what I feel for a country it does not give me the desire to want to blow myself up-not only because the attack would be disproportionally wrong, but because it is immoral and unislamic as some of you have noted already.

This is not a question of whether I truly understand. Because realistically I don't. And neither do any of you. If any of you are personally effected I cannot see how since, neither one of you are directly getting bomb. However I'm not downplaying the effect another person suffering has on anyone of us but if this is a question of whether we truly undertand I can say that we all truly don't. Basically from what I get here is that the primary reason why many people overseas hate America is basically for historical and political reasons. Politically its obvious that America's foreign policy is biased and to those on the other end of the stick unfair. Historically because America has indeed washed its hands in a lot of blood.

Many of you may indeed think its funny that I continuously mention morality but that is the failing issue we as a community struggle with. I know that America has done wrong you don't need to constantly remind me that even I have said it here. However I look at both sides of the coin. America is damned either way and honestly even if America changed its policies it doesn't change the Middle East. This is another case of "the devil made me do it" because even if America left people will blame civil strife on the American influence upon the people while they were occupied. Regardless America is damned either way. Personally I prefer the isolanist idea. Frankly we have domestic terrorism which I have personally committed myself to fight.

Right now since we have had the terrorist who were captured my department has beefed up security at our local airport LAX (Los Angeles International Airport). Let me also mention when I say I support America I support its ideals not the particulars such as politicians, president etc. I love our Decleration of Independence our articles, amendements. I love the brilliance of how this was set up. This is perhaps the only country on this planet that was formed out of shame, arrogance, racism bloodshed and the like. But out of  all this this indeed a country where people can truly make a difference.

Let us not forget that we are a nation of laws and as I mention we are a nation (at least ideally) of moral accountability. There are truly people on this planet who feel empathetic that an individual has the right to commit mass suicide through terror because he/she is being occupied. Of course me speaking against it people are always saying "I don't understand." What is inconceivable is how one can take his/her life just because their suffering is so great and their pain is not bearable the same people who profess to believe that "God gives us no burden too great for us to bear."

I believe the solution here is to not focus on our hatred but rather commit ourselves to Jihad and I truly believe in the Jedi creed of patience and truth because such qualities are so rae and relevant to today.

Brother Israfil,

I used to feel this way about America.  But there are some anomalies to think about.  When this wonderful document was created, humans were kidnapped from their homes and brought to be slaves in America, the land of the free and the home of the brave.  Even after they arrived, they had rights, their children had rights.  And the greedy, evil slaveowners passed new American, anti-human laws which said that their children would also be slaves, thus creating an easy, cheap labor source, an underclass of subhumans, in their point of view, for all time.

The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution did not free these people.  They freed themselves with the help of anti-slavery souls, Allah bless them all. Harriet Tubman should be on the dollar bill instead of that other guy. 

Have you read the history that is taught to our kids?  We can see some of the truths on PBS and in the libraries and bookstores, but they are still teaching lies about slavery and the souless people, our revered forefathers, who not only allowed it, but encouraged it for their own economic gain.

Look up eminent domain and what the supreme court has done to our limited rights as American property owners.  How free are Americans really?

Salaamu Alaykum

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2006 at 11:45am

herjihad said:

"I used to feel this way about America.  But there are some anomalies to think about.  When this wonderful document was created, humans were kidnapped from their homes and brought to be slaves in America, the land of the free and the home of the brave.  Even after they arrived, they had rights, their children had rights.  And the greedy, evil slaveowners passed new American, anti-human laws which said that their children would also be slaves, thus creating an easy, cheap labor source, an underclass of subhumans, in their point of view, for all time.

The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution did not free these people.  They freed themselves with the help of anti-slavery souls, Allah bless them all. Harriet Tubman should be on the dollar bill instead of that other guy. 

Have you read the history that is taught to our kids?  We can see some of the truths on PBS and in the libraries and bookstores, but they are still teaching lies about slavery and the souless people, our revered forefathers, who not only allowed it, but encouraged it for their own economic gain."

I can't believe you are spreading such inaccuracies.  The slaves who first came here were sold to slave traders by AFRICAN AND ARAB slave traders.  They SOLD their own people for the money. In America we fought the Civil War, brother fighting against brother to free the slaves.  More men were lost during the American Civil War than in any other war in history.  That is  how determined and committed we were to freeing the slaves.  President Lincoln most certainly does deserve to be on the $5.00 bill.  Slavery STILL PERSISTS in many parts of Africa, Asia, and South America....but NOT in the US. 

Slavery was/is never right.  It is a horrible sin, and we have taken great strides to free this country from it.  Yes, there are many poor blacks living in ghettos, I've been there and worked with them.  I was also raised in poverty in Appalachia....white children know poverty too, herjihad, it's just not as publicized as it is for black people.  I think it would be a good idea to go back and read a few history books.  As for me, although I am a white Irish-American lady, I have many black friends.  Many of my girlfriends married black men, and live very good lives.  There are MANY Muslims near where I live....we all live together peacefully.  We have no problems...that's one reason this site bothers me.  I look for the good and positive, but everyone else tries to spread only the bad and pessimism. 

Just this morning at mass, we had a visiting priest from Haiti who runs an orphanage for 420 children (orphans).  He is a white priest, and has devoted his life to giving this poor children a home.  They call him Papa.  He said he is not trying to raise "little Catholics"....they are free to choose whatever religion they like because "we all worship the same God."  I thank God for saints on earth like Father Marc.  If more people spent time trying to actually DO something positive rather than spreading lies and stories of bigotry, we could see very good changes in the world....but to continue to spead false tales, to have a depressed, pessimistic attitude does absolutely no good for anyone. 

God's Peace!

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2006 at 4:55pm

Yaar, Israfil, I love you.

You are the only one who can make us laugh in such death and destruction days with your such mild humour.

America is damned either way and honestly even if America changed its policies it doesn't change the Middle East.

Be honest, cross your heart, you really mean that?

I love our Declaration of Independence our articles, amendments. I love the brilliance of how this was set up.

We all do. It does read like a good story. Today, it�s just a story like all others that lie buried somewhere in our libraries. Great!

Shall we now have your permission to talk about some ground facts about the US?

Rice's comment on the conflict as part of the "birth pangs" of a new Middle East was particularly "crude, insensitive and cruel," said Rami G. Khouri, an analyst and columnist for Beirut's Daily Star newspaper.

"She was basically seen as saying you have to kill Arabs to remake them and you have to allow Israel to destroy Arab movements to make better nations.

"If it is a new Mideast, it won't be the one she is expecting," Khouri said, particularly coming after deeply troubled U.S.-led efforts to transform Iraq, the Palestinian territories and Afghanistan.

After the July 30 Israeli airstrike on Qana that killed at least 28 civilians, a large banner went up in downtown Beirut depicting Rice with sharp fangs and blood flowing from her mouth. "The massacre of children in Qana is a gift from Rice," it said.

Almost 90 percent of Lebanese said that the United States is not an honest broker, according to a July 29 survey by the Beirut Center for Research and Information, compared with 38 percent who supported a U.S. role in a January survey.

Let us not forget that we are a nation of laws and as I mention we are a nation (at least ideally) of moral accountability.

Brother, we often try to remember that, but have not been able to see when was it last that the US followed some laws?

I hope you could put us on the right path about finding that occasion or shall we need to contact some archaeologists for that? By any chance do you have Indiana Jones address handy? He may be able to find that day for us, somehow, from somewhere.

There are truly people on this planet who feel empathetic that an individual has the right to commit mass suicide through terror because he / she is being occupied.

If you tried being occupied for even a short while, you might be able to start understanding what it�s like to be occupied. An �occupied� taxi is a good thing, it rings in a few dollars, but these occupied people can be a real pain in the . . . .

If you fancy experimenting with it, I could (privately) mail you addresses of a few private Afghan prisons, though that won�t be as much fun as being occupied by the largest single uncouth, MacCultured army of our world.

But, just in case you insist upon trying for a bit of a taste.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2006 at 5:08pm

I can't believe you are spreading such inaccuracies. 

Neither can I believe it.

But only for the simple reason that she is not spreading any inaccuracies. I won't be able to find one single instance when she has failed to stand up and tell anything but straight simple truth - and with courage that I would love to acquire.

It's very easy to just come up with I can't believe you are spreading such inaccuracies, but it would be interesting to see how you back your claims up with solid historical references?

I won't hold my breath, but it would be interesting to see how you prove to us that the US were something handcrafted by God in person.

Edited by Whisper
Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2006 at 7:06pm

Edited by Hanan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic