IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - America, the Disliked, but why so much?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

America, the Disliked, but why so much?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 7:36am
Originally posted by Cassandra Cassandra wrote:

Whisper, et al:  They are "Love", "Universal", "Family"....we'll get there one day, but we have to get outside our tribal and personal egos first.  Oh how little we have grown as a species!  

Just one more instance of "Cassandra's" prophecies being ignored.

When I joined this forum, I thought you were looking for answers!!! The questions are obvious enough. Get a Life, Folks!

Cass.

P.S., Herjihad: Forgive me.  We seem to be sharing The Colour Purple.  Pistols at Dawn?  Or shall we just get together for a cup of tea? "She who shall not be named" now seems to be a distant memory.  I am happy to go back to Green?

Bismillah,

I don't know.  It's not so important to me. Color choice is so optional.  And do you think we should commit to just one color?

Hanan said:  If you can show me one post in which a Muslim (and that�s who you�re talking about, correct?) wrote that he or she HATES America, then I will leave this forum. But if you have to say that �it is YOUR perception� that a Muslim meant to say that he or she hates America, then please don�t even bother to answer.

Sister, so many of them have come and gone; but you are new.  Still, don't make statments like this because we want you to stay!

Salaamu Alaykum

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 7:45am

Angela said: There is a silent majority here in the US.  Most americans would rather end the war, bring home the troops and focus on domestic issues. 

The administration has been doing a good job of keeping this silent majority quiet by using fear, intimidation and propaganda.

I am disgusted by the assertions made by some of you that Americans are somehow all white bigots and apathetic warmongers.

Bismillah,

In Shah Allah, the silent majority that you speak of will prevail.  Brother Ginghis's conversation by the water cooler under the Muslim President topic speaks for a vocal minority then?  But they are the ones encouraging the bloodshed, so is the voice of the majority the most important, or the loud, raucous voice of the well-known battle cry going to continue to rule?

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 7:49am
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

Patriotism means NOT BEING PROPAGANDISTS FOR THE GOVERNMENT. Patriotism, for you, and for me, and for all of us, means not allowing the truth to be the first casualty of war.

Never so true a statement. 

Once upon a time the US stayed out of Foreign Affairs.  The Monroe Doctrine was very simple, you stay out of our Affairs and we'll stay out of yours. 

Over the years, this deteriorated into further and further excuses to interfer in the Western Hemisphere and was finally thrown out all together with World War I.

Globalization has caused a number of problems.  Isolationism is no longer viable but neither is the constant interference.

I love the United States, but she needs to learn to mind her own business.  Human suffering will continue no matter what we do.  But at the very least we can not cause any new problems.

Bismillah,

I agree that at the very least we can try with all of our hearts and efforts not to cause any new problems.

In this world we have to have a passport.  So mine is American.  I consider myself a loyal Muslimah earthling.

Salaamu Alaykum

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 9:32am

One difference between the current situation and the Vietnam war was the fact that there was a draft and people were sent who did not choose voluntarily to be in the military.

If there was a draft things would become far more different. More people would be vocal as their brothers, sons and fathers would be forced into the war.

In general people are quite comfortable with their lives or on the other scale, working too hard to survive.

I went to one group that was talking about the Middle East situation. I felt like things were in a time warp as the speaker talked about "Comrade Lenin" and "Comrade Castro"

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 3:06pm

I went to one group that was talking about the Middle East situation. I felt like things were in a time warp as the speaker talked about "Comrade Lenin" and "Comrade Castro"

After watching the natural strengths of these women, here, I am now certain that only women will be able to put our planet right. Poor man has shown his best ability and look what it has come to look like!

Sarsawati women were smart, they kept men for mere menial tasks. Sad, but my gender was not manufactured for what we have started to assume - responsibility for the society.

hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2009 at 1:43pm
-

Edited by Jamal Morelli - 01 November 2009 at 1:32am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic