IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - America, the Disliked, but why so much?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

America, the Disliked, but why so much?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2006 at 4:47pm
Was the above comment directed towards me?
Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2006 at 2:06pm

Edited by Hanan
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2006 at 8:44pm

Hanan if I may and I know that your comments wasn't directly at me but the following was curious to me:

The word Racism comes from Race. That�s like saying - Caucasians are racist against other Caucasians, African Americans are racist against other Arfican Americans. What your TRYING to say is: Arabs discriminate against other Arabs. Correct?

Whas this a tought from another persons comments or what you took from her comment? Just curious

Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2006 at 7:52pm

Edited by Hanan
Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2006 at 7:47pm

Edited by Hanan
ops154 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ops154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2006 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Hanan Hanan wrote:

You wrote: I notice that in peoples signatures, many of the worst American haters live here.

Now THAT is a racist/biased/prejudiced statement if I�ve ever �heard� one. You are of the kind that would like all foreigners, especially Muslims to get out of our country, aren�t you?

If you can show me one post in which a Muslim (and that�s who you�re talking about, correct?) wrote that he or she HATES America, then I will leave this forum. But if you have to say that �it is YOUR perception� that a Muslim meant to say that he or she hates America, then please don�t even bother to answer.

Ok well since most of the post wasn't to me I'll just skip to the part where I almost fell out of my chair. Myself I read that she is saying the most anti-American people are people who live here in America. Yet you somehow take that as she is racist who wants all muslims out of America. Wow what a jump you made there!!! Maybe you missed some of Salmons post before he was banned but if I remember correct he talked about hating America and it's immoral people so if you just look in some of the old topics I'm sure you will see something.

Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!
Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2006 at 6:39pm

Edited by Hanan
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2006 at 5:51pm

I have indeed come to the realization that America's image has been tarnished overtime, due to not only its policies, but its actions to various peoples over this planet. With that saying all what has been said here in opposition to the United States is somewhat accurate. I can understand the dislike for those of you who really dislike (or even hate) the United States. But the problem with those of you who complain about the one-sidedness of the United States too, have the same one-sidedness that America reflects.

The average response to "resistence" fighters and "suicide bombers" does not have the same resounding disdain as the average "American hater." Obviously, for many reasons noted here is the excuse that such an individual is reacting from the many decades of oppression of the United States. I really want people to see both sides of the spectrum. It is easy to dislike or hate America but not easy to dislike or hate the individual who professes belief in Islam and kills in the name of religion. I hate both actions. One by my country and one by so-called people of my faith. Any lief that is taken innocently by someone of my faith is not supported by me let's get that clear. But also, we as Muslims must also take into account for ourselves including me, on our moral accountability.

I cannot stress that enough because as we all believe God will judge each of us accordingly. A friend of mine had an interesting theory that since we as humans reach the end of our evolutionary cycle (of the formation of our being etc) from hunter-gatherer to parasite we have indeed over populated and over consumed our resources (at least almost) to the point where we humans will, in the near future kill each other for the other persons resources. Sounds far fetched? No closer to the truth then the average stop sign in your city.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic