IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - face covers  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

face covers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 5:01am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

JazakAllah khair for not taking offense and i pray that may Allah swt help us lead a life which leads us to His pleasure, ameen

sis schwester, hadith don't mean strange as in weird, it means that people would take you as different and it will be very small minority who would be strictly adhering to the laws, but i am inshaAllah going to start a new thread with the topic cos i think its worth discussing, jazakAllah

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 10:52am
I also disagree with the hadith that says bow to your husband or something silly like that. It is totally silly and I don't believe it in any way shape or form. My husband is a man, he is no better or more important in life than me. He is a good man and in charge of the household affairs, but includes me in any big decision and lets me make my own choices like an intelligent adult should. If someday he asked me to wear Niqab(which has a 1 in a billion chance of happening) I would say no way, no how is that ever going to happen!!  I will not ever do it unless by some chance I had to in Saudi or something. Women need to be in charge of their own lives, who they marry, how they will live. The Islamically deserve a choice that suits them and will make them happy. They deserve to be treated like a queen in thier own home and free from abuse and mistreatment. Women need to stand up to men and say no if they don't want to do something. We are mothers, sisters, daughters, wives, aunties and grandmothers. We are not feeble mindless creatures that should sit at home and hide and when we leave be covered head to toe like we are afraid of the world. I support any woman who truely wants to wear niqab and feels good about it, however I see more and more of a trend of people saying you should do it, or it is Sunnah, or that you have to do it. And this is wrong,and sad. Look at Afghanistan, most of those women would love to take off thier Burkas if they could. And I live in an area with tons of Afghanees in the U.S. I have never seen one wearing a Burka here, so apparently they didin't love wearing it that much. Peace
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 11:33am
Shouldnt you only bow to the God alone?
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 5:02am

Assalamu alaikum

I pray to our dear Lord sister jenni that He gives you knowledge and awareness of what a grave thing you said,  i tried to find the full stroy behind it because i remember reading it in one of the tafaasir and i think it was with the verse which mentions that women have same rights over their husbands as their husbands over them but Allah swt has given men a degree higher, so i will inshaAllah relate it from my memory and all the mistakes are from me, Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) was walking in a garden with a sahabi (ra), i think it was Abu darr al ghaffari (ra) and they were discussing about ways of people of book that how much respect do they give to their kings that they bow infront of them, and sahabi (ra) said that if anyone deserves a bow of respect above everyone is a prophet and you Sayyidina Muhammad (saw), on which SAyyidina Muhammad (saw) said, 'Had I ordered anybody to prostrate before any one, I would have ordered women to prostrate before their husbands on account of men's rights over the women ordained by Allah' (hadith 70 in Abu dawood, also mentioned in tirmidhi, ibn majah, musnad ahmad), He did not mean in anyway prostration of ibadah, he meant IF prostration of respect was allowed then it would be for husband, but its not, im sure you remember from Prophet Yousuf (as)'s life story that in that time Allah swt allowed bowing or prostration of respect infront of people with higher status, Holy Quran mentions it that Yousuf (as)'s family prostrated infront of him, now he was himself a Prophet and so was his father (as). 

sister we need to remember it that we are not the fountain of knowledge and understanding in ourselves, there are million of things which we don't understand, would it not be better that instead of this outrage you simply ask some1 the full detail of what was said and why it was said and have the understanding, even if in your heart you dont totally agree with the authenticity or wording of hadith, atleast have enough respect for a person to whom even Lord of heavens and earth showed respect to, if this had any relation to shirk Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) would have been the farthest away from it.

honestly speaking i think women are themselves responsible for their own state, every little thing you have to make an issue out of it, have women's day, have this n that, so many places in ahadith Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) have said that women are weak point for men, women are test for them, i neva seen them jumping up and down saying anything bout those ahadith and trying to prove that they have stronger will power, its just that those are ways to warn us what is our strong point,where are we weak from and need to guard ourselves, where can we be more carefull in dealings with people around us, honestly please stop going on about the opression of women by taliban, have u ever seen yvonne ridley, yeah same taliban took her as captive and because of behaviour of same taliban she bacam muslim and mashaAllah better muslim than majority of us

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 5:06am
yeah same taliban took her as captive and because of behaviour of same taliban she bacam muslim and mashaAllah better muslim than majority of us

If taliban were so "good" muslims then why did God destroyed them?
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 5:13am
brother i am not saying they were good muslims or not, matters of heart are only known to Allah swt, all the propaganda is from America about their foul behaviour, yeah they did bad stuff like stopping women from getting education but it got nothing to do with them being strict muslims its pakhtoon traditions, but a govt which america had to destroy could not have been evil cos majority of times evil support each other, you can get evidence from Quran,  i just don't want people to keep beating round the same bush,
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 2:03pm
Fatima, what are you accusing me of, what grave thing have I said. Please sister, don't be so dramatic. I would never bow in front of any person, or kiss anyones hand. My husband or anyone else. No one is really a king on this earth. I respect and honor my husband, that is my duty. Not to worship him, so lay of the accusations. And I will continue to critisize the taliban for how they have treated women and children(men too that they killed for not joining them.)This is a human rights issue which many of them had no regard for.
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 3:34am

Assalamu alaikum

sister jenni i am sorry for offending you and i am not accusing you of anything, all i wanted to do was explain the hadith in more detail, please for sake of Allah swt read this again please, 'Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) was walking in a garden with a sahabi (ra), i think it was Abu darr al ghaffari (ra) and they were discussing about ways of people of book that how much respect do they give to their kings that they bow infront of them, and sahabi (ra) said that if anyone deserves a bow of respect above everyone is a prophet and you Sayyidina Muhammad (saw), on which SAyyidina Muhammad (saw) said, 'Had I ordered anybody to prostrate before any one, I would have ordered women to prostrate before their husbands on account of men's rights over the women ordained by Allah' (hadith 70 in Abu dawood, also mentioned in tirmidhi, ibn majah, musnad ahmad), He did not mean in anyway prostration of ibadah, he meant IF prostration of respect was allowed then it would be for husband, but its not, im sure you remember from Prophet Yousuf (as)'s life story that in that time Allah swt allowed bowing or prostration of respect infront of people with higher status, Holy Quran mentions it that Yousuf (as)'s family prostrated infront of him, now he was himself a Prophet and so was his father (as). 

sis i was trying to say that it only means to show how much respect a man as a husband deserves, there is a verse in which Allah swt says to Sayyidina Muhammad saw that even if you were to go up the heaven and bring the disbelievers some major miracle they still wont believe that is a similitude to show how hard their hearts have become, that is the beauty of Holy Quran sis, in that age arabs used to use similitude quite alot for almost every thing so thats why their are ahadith we don't understand due to fact that they are similitudes.

sis i can say to you with certainity that yeah any narration which has even slightest doubt of shirk totally ignore it because Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) would never ever even go in million miles distance to this, he was the person who took abuse of every1 for saying 'la ilaha illallah' but the ahadith which you find in sahih sattah are the sahih ahadith and authentic ones you can find other than mu'atta which is offcourse most authentic according to imam bukhari.  all i ask is if you can't make sense of them then ask some1 for explaining them, sis we find it in Holy Quran that Allah swt says to sahabah (ra) not to speak to Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) in a loud tone, in another place Allah swt says that previous nations were destroyed due to the fact that they used to mock their Prophets (as),  now seriously sis can you risk your soul on the fact that a hadith which is found in three major books in not from Sayyidina Muhammad (saw), what if you stand ifront of Lord of the heavens and earth and be asked about it, i know i should have been more careful, i should not have started with the line i started with in my last post to you, but calling one the sahih ahadith what you called it is not right, is it sis? please you can call me over dramatic or drama queen for that matters if it makes you think about the matter then alhamdulillah im ok with it, all i am asking is please please before any1 says anything about a hadith just think what if it is a saying of Sayyidina Muhammad (saw)?

wassalam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic