Print Page | Close Window

face covers

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Culture & Community
Forum Name: Groups : Women (Sisters)
Forum Description: Groups : Women (Sisters)
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5242
Printed Date: 24 April 2024 at 12:46pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: face covers
Posted By: ummsaleh
Subject: face covers
Date Posted: 10 June 2006 at 6:10am

Salam Sisters,

It's been a long time ( almost a year) since I posted. Someone donated face covers to me to send to the States for muslim sisters. I would like to send them to a muslim center. Can anyone help?

-------------
Lost somewhere in the Middle East.

Replies:
Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 10 June 2006 at 6:14am
Originally posted by ummsaleh ummsaleh wrote:

Salam Sisters,

It's been a long time ( almost a year) since I posted. Someone donated face covers to me to send to the States for muslim sisters. I would like to send them to a muslim center. Can anyone help?

Bismillah,

As I mentioned to you earlier in a pm, I decided not to do this because basically I don't want to promote the wearing of face covers.  Why don't you get someone to dontate Holy Qurans and regular scarves and dresses that many of the new sisters here cannot afford or even just obtain them?

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Posted By: Jenni
Date Posted: 10 June 2006 at 6:29am
 agree with Herjihad, why promote covering the face. I think it is extreme and isolates women and in the west makes them the subject of intense ridicule. I say sisters just say NO to covering your face!!!

-------------
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.

Posted By: ummsaleh
Date Posted: 10 June 2006 at 9:34am
Sorry you sisters feel that way'. I'm addressing sisters who cover their faces.

-------------
Lost somewhere in the Middle East.

Posted By: ak_m_f
Date Posted: 10 June 2006 at 10:13am

Sorry you sisters feel that way'.

I really feel sorry for sisters who are forced to live behind the face covers.

Posted By: fatima
Date Posted: 10 June 2006 at 10:30am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

just a little story from the life of Sayyidina Muhammad (saw).

Once Ali (ra) was with some other companions (ra) and they were discussing qualities of women, after a long discussion they still could not come up with what they thought was best quality and they all departed, when ali (ra) got home, he asked of fatima (ra) what she thought was best quality in a woman and she said that she does not see a na-mehram and is not seen by one. The next day ali went to Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) and told him the whole story and he (saw) said 'and fatima is of me'

sisters if you don't agree with something thats fine but it don't mean that its extreme or belittles some1, this was the sunnah of best of best, no one is saying its a must do, people only say it like you say Allah swt really loves those who wake up in the last third part of night and pray tahajjud, i have seen sisters wearing niqaab and working in really high positions at uni and hospitals, its fear within ourselves which makes us think people are laughing at us, iv seen people giving those sister respect for their professional qualities and thinking really high of them to have deen and dunya at the same time,  it is most beautifull feeling that even in this day n age people find courage to practise the sunnah, I want to leave you with a beautifull hadith in which Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) said that this religion started with strangers and at the end of times it will be again for strangers.

wassalam

-------------
Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL

Date Posted: 10 June 2006 at 10:38am
If you cannot be seen by anyone then why go out of the house in first place?

Date Posted: 10 June 2006 at 10:43am

its not 'cannot' its dont want to be, and like every thing else its personal choice and if you don't want strangers to see your face then its your choice

now why would you go out, well bcos some times you have to, you go to educational institutes, some people work, not because they have to but they want to, and some time to shop around, some times just go out, face cover don't stop u from any of this,

-------------
Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 11 June 2006 at 4:50am

What is wrong with covering the face ?

it's a choice is not ?

Jenni, why is it extreme ?

While the dress code doesn't show how much pity you have, those who cover up the face, see it as having more pity (for themselves).

And also i believe its a culture thing to wear in the desert, to protect against sand and sun.  

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Date Posted: 11 June 2006 at 7:11am
Angel, it is not in Quran anywhere to cover the face. I don't believe most women in the world do it because they want too. Women in Saudi have no choice and here I believe some women truely want too and some women are pushed by thier husbands. In the west I think all it does is make a huge statement and attract stares and comments. Every woman has the right to show her face, we are human beings with smiles and eyes that make expressions. We are an equal part of society, we don't have to walk around like cloaked scared feeble women. Peace

-------------
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 11 June 2006 at 7:38am

Jenni, you have a point.

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Posted By: peacemaker
Date Posted: 11 June 2006 at 9:22am

Assalamu Alaikum!

Sister Jenni: "Angel, it is not in Quran anywhere to cover the face. I don't believe most women in the world do it because they want too."

Muslims follow Islam as a complete package-Qur'an, Sunnah, rightly guided Companions of Prophet ( SAW ), and Scholars in Islam who guide us in the light of Qur'an and Sunnah.

"Women in Saudi have no choice and here I believe some women truely want too and some women are pushed by thier husbands. In the west I think all it does is make a huge statement and attract stares and comments."

It is irrelevant what others think about Islam. If media says that Islam has something to do with terrorism, does it mean that more than 1.5 billion Muslims are terrorists? Or does it change the fact that Islam is peace and submission to Allah and has absolutely nothing to do with extremism and terrorism.  Modest dressing may or may not include face covering.

"Every woman has the right to show her face, we are human beings with smiles and eyes that make expressions. We are an equal part of society, we don't have to walk around like cloaked scared feeble women."

That is your opinion. You have right to show your face if you want. Similarly, others too have right not to show their face if that is what they want. As said before, modest dressing may or may not include face covering. Both type of women are doing what they should within rules of Shariah, that varies from lenient to strict.

Peace

-------------
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13

Posted By: Mishmish
Date Posted: 11 June 2006 at 11:15am

Assalamu Alaikum Sisters:

What is all the controversy about?

UmmSaleh is merely trying to carry out a selfless act by passing along some niquab donated in charity. She simply asked for help.

Are we to the point now that even an act of charity must be dissected, scrutinized, and made into something divisive?

Salaams

-------------
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)

Date Posted: 11 June 2006 at 3:45pm
Mishmish, I truely feel that women wearing Niqab in the U.s.a are facing tough times. There are women at the Masjid who don't feel safe going anywhere alone for fear of being followed and harrased. What kind of life is this? Why do we as Muslims allways want to make life easier for men and harder for women? Why must women be forced to be locked up at home for fear of being harassed if they go outside? I see many some women in Pakistan wearing Niqab, and that if fine for them. They are living in a mostly Muslim country and no one bothers them. I also see some women in jeans with no hijab and I feel that is thier choice as well, if they get teased and harassed it is thier own problem. But here, Niqab DOES NOT proctect you from being teased or stared at, and the sight of a woman in Niqab is actually frightening to some children and people. Every woman has to make her own choice, however it angers me when people try to encourage women to wear Niqab, no matter what we women do IT IS NEVER ENOUGH!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 11 June 2006 at 3:47pm
Peacemaker, whether they want or thier husbands or families want? Most women in Muslim countries do not have control over thier own life, and please don't tell me what islam says, about women being fairly treated. Because most Muslims do not follow that, I have seen it first hand.

-------------

Posted By: peacemaker
Date Posted: 11 June 2006 at 4:49pm

Assalamu Alaikum!

Sister Jenni: "Peacemaker, whether they want or thier husbands or families want? Most women in Muslim countries do not have control over thier own life, and please don't tell me what islam says, about women being fairly treated. Because most Muslims do not follow that, I have seen it first hand."

Well, we say here what Islam tells us to do or not to do. If there are Muslims who don't properly follow Islam, it is our duty to educate them. If our children don't properly follow Islam, it is our duty again to educate them. This is the best we can do, Sister. And as far as modest dressing is concerned, it should be the choice of women whether or not to cover their faces. And if anyone does that out of her free will, that choice should be respected by us all.

Peace

-------------
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13

Posted By: Abeer23
Date Posted: 11 June 2006 at 8:54pm

Salam Sisters,

Ma sha allah sister.  I'll ask my mom for you.  Once I get the adress of the Islamic ceter or mosque, I'll pm it to you in sha allah.  May Allah bless you for your efforts in this life and the hereafter. 

salaam

Date Posted: 11 June 2006 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by fatima fatima wrote:

Assalamu alaikum

Once Ali (ra) was with some other companions (ra) and they were discussing qualities of women, after a long discussion they still could not come up with what they thought was best quality and they all departed, when ali (ra) got home, he asked of fatima (ra) what she thought was best quality in a woman and she said that she does not see a na-mehram and is not seen by one. The next day ali went to Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) and told him the whole story and he (saw) said 'and fatima is of me'

sisters if you don't agree with something thats fine but it don't mean that its extreme or belittles some1, this was the sunnah of best of best, no one is saying its a must do, people only say it like you say Allah swt really loves those who wake up in the last third part of night and pray tahajjud, i have seen sisters wearing niqaab and working in really high positions at uni and hospitals, its fear within ourselves which makes us think people are laughing at us, iv seen people giving those sister respect for their professional qualities and thinking really high of them to have deen and dunya at the same time,  it is most beautifull feeling that even in this day n age people find courage to practise the sunnah, I want to leave you with a beautifull hadith in which Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) said that this religion started with strangers and at the end of times it will be again for strangers.

wassalam

Jazakillahu khairan Fatimah.  Well said.

Date Posted: 11 June 2006 at 9:21pm

Originally posted by Jenni Jenni wrote:

Mishmish, I truely feel that women wearing Niqab in the U.s.a are facing tough times. There are women at the Masjid who don't feel safe going anywhere alone for fear of being followed and harrased. What kind of life is this? Why do we as Muslims allways want to make life easier for men and harder for women? Why must women be forced to be locked up at home for fear of being harassed if they go outside? I see many some women in Pakistan wearing Niqab, and that if fine for them. They are living in a mostly Muslim country and no one bothers them. I also see some women in jeans with no hijab and I feel that is thier choice as well, if they get teased and harassed it is thier own problem. But here, Niqab DOES NOT proctect you from being teased or stared at, and the sight of a woman in Niqab is actually frightening to some children and people. Every woman has to make her own choice, however it angers me when people try to encourage women to wear Niqab, no matter what we women do IT IS NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Jenni women in America are victimized regardless of what they wear or what religion they follow.  You know that.   I've worn both regular hijab and  niqab in the States.  I've never been victimized.  I've always been respected in school, the work place, etc.  I have non-muslim friends that have men yelling "baby got back!" at them in the streets.  I have non-muslim friends that have been sexually harrased at work.  I have non-muslim friends that have been raped.  The list goes on.  Alahamdulila, my muslim girl friends were protected from these things.

For any sisters that are wearing hijab and get teased don't despair.  Allah ta'la says in sura 83 ayaat 29-36:

"Those in sin used to laugh at those who believed,

And whenever they passed by them, used to wink at each other (in mockery);

And when they returned to their own people, they would return jesting;

And whenever they saw them, they would say, "Behold! These are the people truly astray!"

But they had not been sent as keepers over them!

But on this Day the Believers will laugh at the Unbelievers:

On Thrones (of Dignity) they will command (a sight) (of all things).

Will not the Unbelievers have been paid back for what they did?

Children are generally afraid of things they're not used to.  I know children that are afraid of handicapped, old, ugly people, etc.   They grow up eventually.  When I wore veil kids loved me.  For some reason little girls would always yell "MOMMY IT'S PRINCESS JASMINE" and the boys would yell "A NINJA!!"  Their mother's would be so embarrassed.   The little girls were usually disappointed when I'd tell them I wasn't a princess just a muslima and that's why dressed the way I did.

Salaam

Date Posted: 11 June 2006 at 10:29pm

Assalamu Alaikum:

This reminds me of a story. When I was in college, long, long ago, there were a lot of students there from Saudia and Kuwait. I wasn't a Muslim, but I became friendly with some of them. One of the brothers brought his mother to visit and she wore the black Saudi abayas that cover you completely and have the two slits for your eyes.

Anyway, it was Halloween and they were going somewhere, so they stopped to get gas. Back then they used to do full service. So the gas attendent came out to fill the car and he saw the woman in her abaya and told her really freindly and loud "Happy Halloween!". Her son just laughed and they left. But she thought it was a friendly American greeting, so for weeks after that she was going around yelling "Happy Halloween!" at everyone from under her abaya.

-------------
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)

Date Posted: 12 June 2006 at 4:09am

Assalamu alaikum

good story sis mishmish, sister jenni i'l tell you about an incident that happened to my uncle, he is mashaAllah a very well known surgeon in our area, alhamdulillah one of the best in his field in UK, about couple of years back he was invited to one of the hospitals in newyork to share his experience and when he got there, he spent good five six hours on the airport being searched and asked and then searched again, only because he is a muslim, his fellow surgeon was enjoying his five star accomodation and my uncle was being humiliated only because he has a muslim name on his passport, i should not forget mentioning that he does not have a beard, dresses in designers but that don't help you only need to be a muslim to be stripped searched or to be shot apparently.  sister our dear Prophet (saw) told us not to care about blames of the blamers, if we start caring bout what people think and how they going to react to us where is it going to take us, to hids our muslim identity?

wassalam

-------------

Posted By: Rose
Date Posted: 12 June 2006 at 7:16am

Assalamu alaikum

good story sis mishmish, sister jenni i'l tell you about an incident that happened to my uncle, he is mashaAllah a very well known surgeon in our area, alhamdulillah one of the best in his field in UK, about couple of years back he was invited to one of the hospitals in newyork to share his experience and when he got there, he spent good five six hours on the airport being searched and asked and then searched again, only because he is a muslim, his fellow surgeon was enjoying his five star accomodation and my uncle was being humiliated only because he has a muslim name on his passport, i should not forget mentioning that he does not have a beard, dresses in designers but that don't help you only need to be a muslim to be stripped searched or to be shot apparently.  sister our dear Prophet (saw) told us not to care about blames of the blamers, if we start caring bout what people think and how they going to react to us where is it going to take us, to hids our muslim identity?

wassalam

Yes I care what people think, I am happy when people look at me and think maybe in their minds "oh, she is muslim and wears the scarf (hijab)"

I like it because I feel like it is a mystery for others to look into and search for answers, I might be an initiator for someone that will soon be in hidaya and find the truth...
I walk with my head up and I and proud (not takabbor alhamdallah) to be Muslim, I ask Allah for his nour (light) to all Muslims and (inshallah to be Muslims) the non-Muslims.

I try to be a good representative for my religion, in looks, morals, belief,....and live my life in a peaceful way like any other person on this Earth which Allah(swt) has made for us to live our lives.

Peace

-------------
A thorn defends the rose,harming only those who would steal the blossom

Posted By: amah
Date Posted: 12 June 2006 at 11:13am
Assalaamualaikum

The Prophet(saw)'s wives used to cover their faces and so did many of the female companions. So were they extremists?

Those who cover their faces and those who don't, both should respect each other.

Allah knows best.

Wassalaam.

-------------
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)

Posted By: Angela
Date Posted: 12 June 2006 at 11:35am

You should all get a kick out of this one. 

I am of Eastern European descent and was raised in the Russian Orthodox Church.  Many OLDER Russian women wear a Babushka, or headscarf, and you're supposed to wear it in Church.  However, I have always found them handy when working or just when I don't feel like doing my hair. 

Fairly recently I went to Sam's Club to do my monthly shopping....I was not in the mood after several hours of housekeeping to do my hair, so I just left, headscarf and all.  People kept looking at me, some with a sympathetic look, others were downright rude.  I looked at my husband confused and he motioned to my scarf.  Then I just started laughing.  I was in a t-shirt and capri pants and they all thought I was Muslim or a cancer patient I'm thinking were the sympathetic looks. 

I really felt very sympathetic to you ladies after that day. 

Date Posted: 12 June 2006 at 2:04pm

Assalamu Alaikum:

Actually, depending on the colors I am wearing I am often mistaken for a nun. I have had many people come up and bless me. I always thank them and smile. I guess I could practice the pontiff wave....

A good side effect of hijab, my hair is in great shape. No split ends, no frizz, no sun damage. I don't blow dry, so I don't get damage from that. I do get a little breakage on the hijab-line from where the scarf rubs against my pony tail or braid, but that's it. Otherwise my hair is the healthiest, and shiniest it's ever been.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 June 2006 at 2:25pm

Salam Sisters,

Bismillah,

Initially, I thought I would connect her with some sisters in a mosque I am familiar with, but then I changed my mind.  We had pmd each other.  I was responding to this and saying why I decided not to help.  I do not want to contribute to the promotion of wearing face veils. 

This is part of a movement to get woment to wear face veils, obviously.  Come on guys!  You can see conspiracy in everything political and don't realize that someone (the veil contributor, not you Sister) figured that if they give away free face veils that more women might wear them?  So I don't want to see that happen and I have every right to state that I feel this way.

Previously on IC I stated my opinion for the sisters in, where was that, Holland? that if they want to wear it, they can.  But I absolutely agree with Jenni that many women wear it that don't want to, and I again refuse to support that.

Peace

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Date Posted: 12 June 2006 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Abeer23 Abeer23 wrote:

Jenni women in America are victimized regardless of what they wear or what religion they follow.  You know that.   I've worn both regular hijab and  niqab in the States.  I've never been victimized.  I've always been respected in school, the work place, etc.  I have non-muslim friends that have men yelling "baby got back!" at them in the streets.  I have non-muslim friends that have been sexually harrased at work.  I have non-muslim friends that have been raped.  The list goes on.  Alahamdulila, my muslim girl friends were protected from these things.

For any sisters that are wearing hijab and get teased don't despair.  Allah ta'la says in sura 83 ayaat 29-36:

"Those in sin used to laugh at those who believed,

And whenever they passed by them, used to wink at each other (in mockery);

And when they returned to their own people, they would return jesting;

And whenever they saw them, they would say, "Behold! These are the people truly astray!"

But they had not been sent as keepers over them!

But on this Day the Believers will laugh at the Unbelievers:

On Thrones (of Dignity) they will command (a sight) (of all things).

Will not the Unbelievers have been paid back for what they did?

Children are generally afraid of things they're not used to.  I know children that are afraid of handicapped, old, ugly people, etc.   They grow up eventually.  When I wore veil kids loved me.  For some reason little girls would always yell "MOMMY IT'S PRINCESS JASMINE" and the boys would yell "A NINJA!!"  Their mother's would be so embarrassed.   The little girls were usually disappointed when I'd tell them I wasn't a princess just a muslima and that's why dressed the way I did.

Salaam

Bismillah,

Along with some very cute personal stories of how kids react to you, there is a statement that you say that you have never been victimized for wearing scarf and/or niqab.

That's great kiddo.  Stick around awhile.  Have you never heard of sisters who have been verbally or physically attacked because of it?  Or sisters who have guys come on to them regardless of the scarf and jilbab?  Or sisters who come on to men while wearing scarves and jilbabs and niqabs? 

Hmm.  Well, I certainly have.  I experienced this personally and sisters, friends, have shared their horror stories with me as well.  Go figure.  I guess you're just different that you are not effected by the same things as the people I have known over these many years of my life are.

And yes.  I got the full search of my luggage in London with my little kids and me detained for hours by suited meanies saying that we couldn't leave the room for food or toilet.  We missed our flight.  On that same trip, I had a plane load of people shouting at me.  Me?  I'm short, cute and very initimdating.  Why me?  The headscarf.  Hard to believe?  Oh, well.  I am your Muslim sister.  You need to care about what I say and stop attacking me.  I'm not wearing it except to go to Mosque.  And if the day comes when I feel threatened doing that, I won't.  I'll put it on inside or stop going.  Period.  And I absolutely am going to continue to advise sisters not to wear Niqab in America and western countries.

Peace

-------------

Date Posted: 13 June 2006 at 4:54am

Assalamu alaikum

i am sure sister you would remember the kalimah of bilal (ra) when he was dragged on the hot sand yeah 'ahad ahad' same bilal about whom Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) said he (saw) heard footsteps of in the jannah (im writting it in reference to hijab not niqaab because the first is fard while niqaab is not) and even though it is allowed to hide your faith if you fear prosecution bilal (ra) didn't but i guess thats why he was chosen to be a companion, but at same time i recently read a hadith which states that a believer should not humiliate himself and sahabah (ra) asked Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) and how do we humiliate ourselves and Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) said, by takin on more than you can bear.  so sis your situation is between you and your Lord, saying that best is still best even if it is not reachable for you

wassalam

-------------

Date Posted: 13 June 2006 at 7:34am

Bismillah,

I strongly feel that Muslim women should stop being in the battlefront when men are supposed to be our protectors.  When the men wear clothing that makes everyone sure that they are Muslim, then the Ummah will be following right guidance.  Until they are ready to stand up and do that all of the time, then the women should not bear the burden alone of standing up for Islaam.

And as I have  a Muslim name, I know that I was turned down for an important job late last year for that reason.  It's a long story, but all the facts are there.  My family is suffering daily from discrimination and all the burdens that goes with that.  People who don't have these difficulties do not have the right to say, "Well, it never happened to ME."  I am your Muslim sister, and am telling you not only has it happened to me, my innocent little kids, my friends, but also sisters have asked me for help regarding this issue over the years and currently.

Peace

Peace

-------------

Date Posted: 14 June 2006 at 5:00am

Assalamu alaikum

sis i know, its mojority of muslims' life story, we have to take it in because we say 'la ilaha illallah', but no one is saying that we should be the ones in the front taking all, sis Allah swt says that every soul shall bear its own burden. covering ourselves up is our duty, its fard on us now even if our husband says that u cant do hijab, we can plainly say sorry but there is no obedience to creation in contrast with what the Creator has ordered, now alhamdulillah Allah swt has made us a nation which enjoins good and forbids evil, sis niqaab is not a fard but it is a husanah for whoever can find it in herself to do it, so if some1 is encouraging others then what is better than inviting some1 to best, if we don't think that its good for our particular situation than thats fine because only Allah swt has made this religion easy for individuals by giving options but we should not discourage other people because we don't know bout other people's situations. 

i hope sis ummsaleh and moderators don't mind me going off the topic for a bit, sis i have a feeling that people specially men who make rules which in their totality are not what Allah swt has ordered, have pushed you slightly away, i know there are some tough rulings for women, a hadith proves it in which Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) has said to men to treat their women nicely because some times they feel like enslaved.  there are quite few things i cant understand but you know what i do, i remember times when Allah swt has bestowed a favour on me when i least deserved it, i know few years back i was sining, was like any other teenager in the west and alhamdulillahe a'dada kule khalqehi that i came out of it, i know i never done anything to deserve the hidaya but its a blessing, and the way Allah swt blessed me with the knowledge of His deen in small amounts, only what i can take, little duas here n there, a blissfull life, a knowing heart, sis just think of the things, the blessings in your life, know that when He is so Merciful in these things how could have He made rules which were not good for you, and if you think that men have somehow changed their shape then how going away from Allah swt's laws help the matter, you angry with people, Allah swt gets angry with people who change His laws and then claim it to be God's. So go towards him for help.

now about brothers making their wife wear a niqaab, sis u must have read the hadith in which Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) said that if sajood were allowed for anyone besides Allah swt it would have been for husbands from their wives for amount of rights they got over them.  now it is not bad to want your partner to perform the best deeds, im sure many sisters like me would want their husbands to have a beard even if it is a sunnah, i know my sister does every thing to make her husband go to mosque five times and also other things. im sure mostly brothers do care about their awrah covered properly, but even if they don't, we cant stop performing our faraid because they don't cos at end of day we are only accountable for our own act.

wassalam

-------------

Date Posted: 14 June 2006 at 7:57am

Assalamu alaikum

sis i know, its mojority of muslims' life story, we have to take it in because we say 'la ilaha illallah', but no one is saying that we should be the ones in the front taking all, sis Allah swt says that every soul shall bear its own burden. covering ourselves up is our duty, its fard on us now even if our husband says that u cant do hijab, we can plainly say sorry but there is no obedience to creation in contrast with what the Creator has ordered, now alhamdulillah Allah swt has made us a nation which enjoins good and forbids evil, sis niqaab is not a fard but it is a husanah for whoever can find it in herself to do it, so if some1 is encouraging others then what is better than inviting some1 to best, if we don't think that its good for our particular situation than thats fine because only Allah swt has made this religion easy for individuals by giving options but we should not discourage other people because we don't know bout other people's situations. 

i hope sis ummsaleh and moderators don't mind me going off the topic for a bit, sis i have a feeling that people specially men who make rules which in their totality are not what Allah swt has ordered, have pushed you slightly away, i know there are some tough rulings for women, a hadith proves it in which Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) has said to men to treat their women nicely because some times they feel like enslaved.  there are quite few things i cant understand but you know what i do, i remember times when Allah swt has bestowed a favour on me when i least deserved it, i know few years back i was sining, was like any other teenager in the west and alhamdulillahe a'dada kule khalqehi that i came out of it, i know i never done anything to deserve the hidaya but its a blessing, and the way Allah swt blessed me with the knowledge of His deen in small amounts, only what i can take, little duas here n there, a blissfull life, a knowing heart, sis just think of the things, the blessings in your life, know that when He is so Merciful in these things how could have He made rules which were not good for you, and if you think that men have somehow changed their shape then how going away from Allah swt's laws help the matter, you angry with people, Allah swt gets angry with people who change His laws and then claim it to be God's. So go towards him for help.

now about brothers making their wife wear a niqaab, sis u must have read the hadith in which Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) said that if sajood were allowed for anyone besides Allah swt it would have been for husbands from their wives for amount of rights they got over them.  now it is not bad to want your partner to perform the best deeds, im sure many sisters like me would want their husbands to have a beard even if it is a sunnah, i know my sister does every thing to make her husband go to mosque five times and also other things. im sure mostly brothers do care about their awrah covered properly, but even if they don't, we cant stop performing our faraid because they don't cos at end of day we are only accountable for our own act.

wassalam

Bismillah,

Dear Sister Fatima,

Salaamu Alaykum,  You are such a sweet hearted kind soul that I don't take offense at anything you say, really.  I do disagree with it, but you continue on your way believing these things.  I'm not going to try to change your views.  Mine are different.  There are people called "Submitters" who are Muslim but who don't take Hadith as applicable to rulings for Islaamic law.  There are the Shiite, who have their own system of historical references and sayings from people like Imam Hussein for their Islaamic laws.  These two groups constitue, I believe billions of Muslims.  There is another more silent group who believe the Quran, but say that anything that contradicts it is wrong, and that Hadith do not abrogate the Holy Quran.  I am of this last group, okay? 

So your quoted hadith in which we see women "almost" worshipping their husbands, is not acceptable to me as it is just too close to shirk for my mind to be happy and peacefull with it.  In the Holy Quran Allah The Almighty, says that Men and Women are equal in piety before Allah, but the hadith say that Hell will be filled with women.  So since those are contradictory philosophies completely, and since I did become a Muslimah and intend to stay one, I reject this hadith as invalid.  Any hadith which denies the Mercy and Power and Glory of our Lord as stated in the Holy Quran, I don't believe it.  As for example, having an intercessor.  The Complete Quran repeatedly instructs us that Muslims will have no intercessor, yet the hadith say that Muhammad will intercede on the Day of Judgment for us.  No need to comment on these things because I know that point-by-point most of the members of this board disagree with me.  So it would just be redundant for everyone to jump in and state that.

Peace

-------------

Posted By: schwester
Date Posted: 15 June 2006 at 3:20am

Assalamu alaikum

[P�I want to leave you with�a beautifull hadith in�which Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) said that this religion started with strangers and at the end of times it will be again for strangers.

wassalam

i thougt being strange is not the important aim of muslims.
i think if smb is keen to be strange, be strange by making good for people expecting from them nothing. thus you be a muslim, and good. or there are so many strangers who knows why they are starnge, because of some deseases or fanaticism?
oh ya, everything our predecessors did or said in times of our Prophet are surely good for muslims, but i think, to explain smb islam first the appearance should be acceptable by those who are going to listen to you. we muslims know that predecessors weren't extremists, but do nonmuslims of our time know it?

Date Posted: 15 June 2006 at 5:01am

Assalamu alaikum

JazakAllah khair for not taking offense and i pray that may Allah swt help us lead a life which leads us to His pleasure, ameen

sis schwester, hadith don't mean strange as in weird, it means that people would take you as different and it will be very small minority who would be strictly adhering to the laws, but i am inshaAllah going to start a new thread with the topic cos i think its worth discussing, jazakAllah

wassalam

-------------

Date Posted: 15 June 2006 at 10:52am
I also disagree with the hadith that says bow to your husband or something silly like that. It is totally silly and I don't believe it in any way shape or form. My husband is a man, he is no better or more important in life than me. He is a good man and in charge of the household affairs, but includes me in any big decision and lets me make my own choices like an intelligent adult should. If someday he asked me to wear Niqab(which has a 1 in a billion chance of happening) I would say no way, no how is that ever going to happen!!  I will not ever do it unless by some chance I had to in Saudi or something. Women need to be in charge of their own lives, who they marry, how they will live. The Islamically deserve a choice that suits them and will make them happy. They deserve to be treated like a queen in thier own home and free from abuse and mistreatment. Women need to stand up to men and say no if they don't want to do something. We are mothers, sisters, daughters, wives, aunties and grandmothers. We are not feeble mindless creatures that should sit at home and hide and when we leave be covered head to toe like we are afraid of the world. I support any woman who truely wants to wear niqab and feels good about it, however I see more and more of a trend of people saying you should do it, or it is Sunnah, or that you have to do it. And this is wrong,and sad. Look at Afghanistan, most of those women would love to take off thier Burkas if they could. And I live in an area with tons of Afghanees in the U.S. I have never seen one wearing a Burka here, so apparently they didin't love wearing it that much. Peace

-------------

Date Posted: 15 June 2006 at 11:33am
Shouldnt you only bow to the God alone?

Date Posted: 16 June 2006 at 5:02am

Assalamu alaikum

I pray to our dear Lord sister jenni that He gives you knowledge and awareness of what a grave thing you said,  i tried to find the full stroy behind it because i remember reading it in one of the tafaasir and i think it was with the verse which mentions that women have same rights over their husbands as their husbands over them but Allah swt has given men a degree higher, so i will inshaAllah relate it from my memory and all the mistakes are from me, Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) was walking in a garden with a sahabi (ra), i think it was Abu darr al ghaffari (ra) and they were discussing about ways of people of book that how much respect do they give to their kings that they bow infront of them, and sahabi (ra) said that if anyone deserves a bow of respect above everyone is a prophet and you Sayyidina Muhammad (saw), on which SAyyidina Muhammad (saw) said, 'Had I ordered anybody to prostrate before any one, I would have ordered women to prostrate before their husbands on account of men's rights over the women ordained by Allah' (hadith 70 in Abu dawood, also mentioned in tirmidhi, ibn majah, musnad ahmad), He did not mean in anyway prostration of ibadah, he meant IF prostration of respect was allowed then it would be for husband, but its not, im sure you remember from Prophet Yousuf (as)'s life story that in that time Allah swt allowed bowing or prostration of respect infront of people with higher status, Holy Quran mentions it that Yousuf (as)'s family prostrated infront of him, now he was himself a Prophet and so was his father (as). 

sister we need to remember it that we are not the fountain of knowledge and understanding in ourselves, there are million of things which we don't understand, would it not be better that instead of this outrage you simply ask some1 the full detail of what was said and why it was said and have the understanding, even if in your heart you dont totally agree with the authenticity or wording of hadith, atleast have enough respect for a person to whom even Lord of heavens and earth showed respect to, if this had any relation to shirk Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) would have been the farthest away from it.

honestly speaking i think women are themselves responsible for their own state, every little thing you have to make an issue out of it, have women's day, have this n that, so many places in ahadith Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) have said that women are weak point for men, women are test for them, i neva seen them jumping up and down saying anything bout those ahadith and trying to prove that they have stronger will power, its just that those are ways to warn us what is our strong point,where are we weak from and need to guard ourselves, where can we be more carefull in dealings with people around us, honestly please stop going on about the opression of women by taliban, have u ever seen yvonne ridley, yeah same taliban took her as captive and because of behaviour of same taliban she bacam muslim and mashaAllah better muslim than majority of us

wassalam

-------------

Date Posted: 16 June 2006 at 5:06am
yeah same taliban took her as captive and because of behaviour of same taliban she bacam muslim and mashaAllah better muslim than majority of us

If taliban were so "good" muslims then why did God destroyed them?

Date Posted: 16 June 2006 at 5:13am
brother i am not saying they were good muslims or not, matters of heart are only known to Allah swt, all the propaganda is from America about their foul behaviour, yeah they did bad stuff like stopping women from getting education but it got nothing to do with them being strict muslims its pakhtoon traditions, but a govt which america had to destroy could not have been evil cos majority of times evil support each other, you can get evidence from Quran,  i just don't want people to keep beating round the same bush,

-------------

Date Posted: 16 June 2006 at 2:03pm
Fatima, what are you accusing me of, what grave thing have I said. Please sister, don't be so dramatic. I would never bow in front of any person, or kiss anyones hand. My husband or anyone else. No one is really a king on this earth. I respect and honor my husband, that is my duty. Not to worship him, so lay of the accusations. And I will continue to critisize the taliban for how they have treated women and children(men too that they killed for not joining them.)This is a human rights issue which many of them had no regard for.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 June 2006 at 3:34am

Assalamu alaikum

sister jenni i am sorry for offending you and i am not accusing you of anything, all i wanted to do was explain the hadith in more detail, please for sake of Allah swt read this again please, 'Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) was walking in a garden with a sahabi (ra), i think it was Abu darr al ghaffari (ra) and they were discussing about ways of people of book that how much respect do they give to their kings that they bow infront of them, and sahabi (ra) said that if anyone deserves a bow of respect above everyone is a prophet and you Sayyidina Muhammad (saw), on which SAyyidina Muhammad (saw) said, 'Had I ordered anybody to prostrate before any one, I would have ordered women to prostrate before their husbands on account of men's rights over the women ordained by Allah' (hadith 70 in Abu dawood, also mentioned in tirmidhi, ibn majah, musnad ahmad), He did not mean in anyway prostration of ibadah, he meant IF prostration of respect was allowed then it would be for husband, but its not, im sure you remember from Prophet Yousuf (as)'s life story that in that time Allah swt allowed bowing or prostration of respect infront of people with higher status, Holy Quran mentions it that Yousuf (as)'s family prostrated infront of him, now he was himself a Prophet and so was his father (as). 

sis i was trying to say that it only means to show how much respect a man as a husband deserves, there is a verse in which Allah swt says to Sayyidina Muhammad saw that even if you were to go up the heaven and bring the disbelievers some major miracle they still wont believe that is a similitude to show how hard their hearts have become, that is the beauty of Holy Quran sis, in that age arabs used to use similitude quite alot for almost every thing so thats why their are ahadith we don't understand due to fact that they are similitudes.

sis i can say to you with certainity that yeah any narration which has even slightest doubt of shirk totally ignore it because Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) would never ever even go in million miles distance to this, he was the person who took abuse of every1 for saying 'la ilaha illallah' but the ahadith which you find in sahih sattah are the sahih ahadith and authentic ones you can find other than mu'atta which is offcourse most authentic according to imam bukhari.  all i ask is if you can't make sense of them then ask some1 for explaining them, sis we find it in Holy Quran that Allah swt says to sahabah (ra) not to speak to Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) in a loud tone, in another place Allah swt says that previous nations were destroyed due to the fact that they used to mock their Prophets (as),  now seriously sis can you risk your soul on the fact that a hadith which is found in three major books in not from Sayyidina Muhammad (saw), what if you stand ifront of Lord of the heavens and earth and be asked about it, i know i should have been more careful, i should not have started with the line i started with in my last post to you, but calling one the sahih ahadith what you called it is not right, is it sis? please you can call me over dramatic or drama queen for that matters if it makes you think about the matter then alhamdulillah im ok with it, all i am asking is please please before any1 says anything about a hadith just think what if it is a saying of Sayyidina Muhammad (saw)?

wassalam

-------------

Date Posted: 17 June 2006 at 4:14am

I also disagree with the hadith that says bow to your husband or something silly like that. It is totally silly and I don't believe it in any way shape or form.

If you do not believe in hadith, it is your wish, but you are mocking it by calling it silly. Just because you personally do not agree with the hadith's wordings does not make it unauthentic. Maybe the Prophet really said this. At least show some respect.

Wassalaam.

-------------
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).

Date Posted: 17 June 2006 at 7:31am
I do not believe he said it, that is my right. It is not in tune with the Quran at all. And men use these kind of Hadiths against women. I understand the point of it, but if it is shirk and fatima said, then why should I accept it. You all are really confused and no one has a good explenation on how something can be the opposite of Quran and still be true. Something is right or wrong period. So should you bow before your husband or not? It is very simple, no long drawn out explenations. And Amah are you willing to bet your soul that all the Hadiths are true, even the ones that contradict Quran? I have more faith in Quran than Hadiths, they Quran is Protected and Hadiths are not. Tell me anywhere it says that Hadiths will be protected. They could have been changed or altered. I would not bet my life on them, I take them as useful historical advice. Quran I would bet my life on, and many people feel the same way. They just wont say it because they will be attacted by zealots who will tell them they are going to hell for questioning hadiths. I say more people need to question, and more people need to focus on Quran first!!

-------------

Date Posted: 17 June 2006 at 7:35am
I agree with jenni

Date Posted: 17 June 2006 at 8:13am

Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

I also disagree with the hadith that says bow to your husband or something silly like that. It is totally silly and I don't believe it in any way shape or form.

If you do not believe in hadith, it is your wish, but you are mocking it by calling it silly. Just because you personally do not agree with the hadith's wordings does not make it unauthentic. Maybe the Prophet really said this. At least show some respect.

Wassalaam.

Bismillah,

Dear Sister Jenny,

I don't agree that you are mocking the prophet, whome we love and respect, our beloved leader, by calling a saying that you don't believe in silly.  People need to think clearly when they are accusing other Muslims of mocking our Esteemed Prophets.  When people falsely accuse others, Allah, The All-Knowing, takes that seriously.  And our judgment and return is from Him to Him.

Glad to see your comment, Brother AK.

Sister Fatima,

I see that you are speaking out of kindness and love.  But when you surround yourself with people who routinely accuse and threaten others with veiled or open methods, such as "you will burn in hell for this or that", their banality and heartlessness might rub off.

You know the pillars of faith and Taqwa that Sister Amah mentioned are the absolute most important things for Muslims.  Let's all concentrate on those.

Sister, Why don't you send books and lovely dresses, and pins with the name of Allah, SWT?  I will find people who need those things.  Indeed, I already know many a sister who only has a tattered dishdashi to wear, or whose child would love books with Islaamic stories in them, as they are prohibitively expensive for many of us poor folk in this supposedly rich country. (That last part was a silly reference to my hill billy roots, guys.)

Peace

-------------

Date Posted: 17 June 2006 at 8:34am
Just to clarify....for those who misunderstood...the Prophet(saw) did not ask women to bow to their husbands. He said  "....If I were to command anyone to make prostration before another I would command women to prostrate themselves before their husbands, because of the special right over them given to husbands by Allah.  (Book http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=11&translator=3&start=0&number=2135 - #11 , Hadith http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=11&translator=3&start=0&number=2135#2135 - #2135 )[Abu Dawood]

ie, if it was allowed... bottomline...it is NOT allowed to bow to your husband.

Wassalaam.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 June 2006 at 9:57am
ak_m_f, thanks for your support brother. I really enjoy reading your posts. peace(even the posts I don't agree with I enjoy reading!)

-------------

Date Posted: 17 June 2006 at 10:18am

Just to clarify....for those who misunderstood...the Prophet(saw) did not ask women to bow to their husbands. He said� <span style="color: rgb(153, 0, 0);">"....</span><span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(153, 0, 0);"><span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0); text-decoration: underline;">If</span> </span><span style="color: rgb(153, 0, 0);">I were to command anyone to make prostration before another I would command women to </span><font style="color: rgb(153, 0, 0);" color="#ff0000">prostrate<span style="color: rgb(153, 0, 0);"> themselves before their </span><font style="color: rgb(153, 0, 0);" color="#ff0000">husband<span style="color: rgb(153, 0, 0);">s, because of the special right over them given to </span><font style="color: rgb(153, 0, 0);" color="#ff0000">husband<span style="color: rgb(153, 0, 0);">s by Allah.
</span>�<span ="Quran">(Book http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=11&translator=3&start=0&number=2135 - #11 , Hadith http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=11&translator=3&start=0&number=2135#2135 - #2135 )[Abu Dawood]ie,<span style="font-weight: bold;"> if </span>it was allowed... bottomline...it is NOT allowed to bow to your husband. Wassalaam.</span>

this clears it up

Date Posted: 18 June 2006 at 4:51am

Assalamu alaikum

sister jenni wrote, 'I do not believe he said it, that is my right. It is not in tune with the Quran at all'. Allah swt says in Holy Quran, Surah Yusuf, 4. When Joseph said unto his father: O my father! Lo! I saw in a dream eleven planets and the sun and the moon, I saw them prostrating themselves unto me. and again '100. And he placed his parents on the dais and they fell down before him prostrate, and he said: O my father! This is the interpretation of my dream of old. My Lord hath made it true, and He hath shown me kindness, since He took me out of the prison and hath brought you from the desert after Satan had made strife between me and my brethren. Lo! my Lord is tender unto whom He will. He is the Knower, the Wise.

so you see Holy Quran does mention group of people prostrating infront of a person but for respect, and in these people there are two Prophets (as) of Allah swt, sis one thing you need to understand is that those people who spent their lives researching through materials were much more knowledgeable and practising than you and me,  and if there is o.ooooooo1% chance that narration might be hadith you should give it utmost respect, no one is asking you to follow it but be carefull what you say about it, people of knowledge never use to even say its not a hadith let alone use the words like silly and wierd for those narrations.

sis herjihad kindness and love towards people is joint to Love for Allah swt, if you can't even stand up for truth bcos you fear that people might dislike you then your faith is not doing much good to you, i don't know who have you made me groupies with on this board but i like reading posts of sis abeer, sis amah, brother peacemaker and i do love them for sake of my Lord for thier trying to adhere to shari'ah, and if any thing i get from them im sure its going to be good

wassalam

-------------

Date Posted: 18 June 2006 at 6:18am

Assalamu alaikum

sister jenni wrote, 'I do not believe he said it, that is my right. It is not in tune with the Quran at all'. Allah swt says in Holy Quran, Surah Yusuf, 4. When Joseph said unto his father: O my father! Lo! I saw in a dream eleven planets and the sun and the moon, I saw them prostrating themselves unto me. and again '100. And he placed his parents on the dais and they fell down before him prostrate, and he said: O my father! This is the interpretation of my dream of old. My Lord hath made it true, and He hath shown me kindness, since He took me out of the prison and hath brought you from the desert after Satan had made strife between me and my brethren. Lo! my Lord is tender unto whom He will. He is the Knower, the Wise.

so you see Holy Quran does mention group of people prostrating infront of a person but for respect, and in these people there are two Prophets (as) of Allah swt, sis one thing you need to understand is that those people who spent their lives researching through materials were much more knowledgeable and practising than you and me,  and if there is o.ooooooo1% chance that narration might be hadith you should give it utmost respect, no one is asking you to follow it but be carefull what you say about it, people of knowledge never use to even say its not a hadith let alone use the words like silly and wierd for those narrations.

Bismillah,

I don't see how this story encourages or allows prostration to another person today.

Even the If clause is offensive to my belief in Al-Ahad, and it definitely approaches shirk, so I strongly disavow this idea.

sis herjihad kindness and love towards people is joint to Love for Allah swt, if you can't even stand up for truth bcos you fear that people might dislike you then your faith is not doing much good to you, i don't know who have you made me groupies with on this board but i like reading posts of sis abeer, sis amah, brother peacemaker and i do love them for sake of my Lord for thier trying to adhere to shari'ah, and if any thing i get from them im sure its going to be good

wassalam

I see that you are making a couple of points here, but I'm not sure exactly what they all are.

I know that people dislike me and my faith because I stand up for it and my children regularly.  I don't believe that Allah, SWT, has decreeed that women be in the front of the battle by being uniquely dressed alone while the men are at the beach in swim trunks or at work in their jeans or dress shirts and suits.  When my muslim family/community decides to understand this principle, I intend to join them in their expression of their belief that men should be in the front of the battle, not hiding behind rhetoric that women are commanded to look different or even wearing their beards only because beards are very common and they still blend in, especially well in bars and at beaches.

Hot days are here and I once again wear long, loose clothing fully covered.  The women ask me if I'm hot.  Yes, I am.  Why are you wearing that jacket?  I still stick out more than I should compared to our brothers who refuse to dress distinctively. 

People who insist that other believers must believe exactly as them and bully them constantly should reevaluate their effect on faithful lovers of Allah, SWT, and His messengers.  Is it so important that you force everyone to behave exactly as you do that you alienate half a world of Muslims?

Peace

-------------

Date Posted: 18 June 2006 at 6:59am
honestly some times i feel like banging my head against a wall , 'I don't see how this story encourages or allows prostration to another person today' no it don't, what i was trying to tell was that bowing of respect was allowed in the previous nations and for us even that is not allowed so people don't confuse it with ibadah, point i was trying to make was that you cant just rule out a narration as being hadith due to its wording, because discussion that was going on between sahabi (ra) and Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) was about ways of previous nations or ahlul kitab so he used the gesture which shows utmost respect in their sense and meant utmost respect nothing more than that

-------------

Posted By: aishag88
Date Posted: 18 June 2006 at 4:39pm
 ya allah, fight over everything...

-------------
To Allah is our return

Posted By: birizbiz
Date Posted: 18 June 2006 at 7:00pm

...anyway what about these covers?

and more...

http://www.biriz.biz/tesettur/tekbir/index.htm - http://www.biriz.biz/tesettur/tekbir/index.htm

-------------
Biriz Biz

Date Posted: 18 June 2006 at 9:37pm

i like reading posts of sis abeer, sis amah, brother peacemaker and i do love them for sake of my Lord for thier trying to adhere to shari'ah, and if any thing i get from them im sure its going to be good

May He, for whose sake you love us, Love you.

-------------

Posted By: ZEA J
Date Posted: 18 June 2006 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by birizbiz birizbiz wrote:

http://www.biriz.biz/tesettur/tekbir/index.htm - http://www.biriz.biz/tesettur/tekbir/index.htm

mashaAllah.....they are very pretty,i would like to see my self in some of those dresses and hijabs. 

-------------
"You will never attain piety and righteousness,(and eventually paradise)until you
spend of that which you love."(Al-Imran:92)

Date Posted: 18 June 2006 at 10:51pm
yeaa, it's not possible to refuse wearing like this. and even if one does refuse, i guess there is the only reason - she is not muslim. no other reasons

is there any site showing how to do different styles with scarves/etc?

Date Posted: 19 June 2006 at 2:28am

what you want is here...

for scarves...

and more...

http://www.biriz.biz/tesettur/armine/index.htm - http://www.biriz.biz/tesettur/armine/index.htm

for dresses

and more...

http://www.biriz.biz/tesettur/dicle/index.htm - http://www.biriz.biz/tesettur/dicle/index.htm

and if you want more I can give for more adresses and dresses from

http://www.biriz.biz - www.biriz.biz

-------------
Biriz Biz

Date Posted: 19 June 2006 at 5:31am

Originally posted by schwester schwester wrote:

yeaa, it's not possible to refuse wearing like this. and even if one does refuse, i guess there is the only reason - she is not muslim. no other reasons

Bismillah,

Moderators, are you going to allow her to get by saying that me and my Muslim sisters who don't wear hijab are not Muslim? 

-------------

Date Posted: 19 June 2006 at 5:33am
Originally posted by birizbiz birizbiz wrote:

and more...

Bismillah,

In fact, these have been posted already, but you could repost them in  a new topic, Sister.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 June 2006 at 5:34am

Originally posted by aishag88 aishag88 wrote:

ya allah, fight over everything...

Bismillah,

This is a discussion group.  This is not a fight, Sister. 

However, when shwester says that Sisters who don't wear scarves are not Muslim, that is an argument definitely.  Those are fighting words.  Allah, SWT, ihdeeha.  May Allah, SWT, guide her.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 June 2006 at 7:50am

birizbiz is advertising here, and that doesn't bother anyone. We just had a recent discussion about how many people are trying to make profit and sell things in the Masjid. The Imam said it is absouloutly Haram to sell anything in the Masjid, even a Quran. However the people on the Mousqe board continue to allow it. They even had someone who donated a huge amount on pepsi for the family night to be given out for free and the Masjid board people decided to sell it for a profit. The list of financial transgressions of my local masjid goes on and on. One guy who was managing the catering for family night was getting a cut of the food from the caterer and taking it home every friday.(about 200$ worth of food he was taking as a bribe for using that resturant.) Please , the point is you all are in total denial at what is going on in the Muslim community. While you are all worried about what women are doing and how they are covered, all kinds of mischif is going on that no one ever talks about. I have lost faith in the people that run my Masjid, and the Imam can do nothing or he will be fired. That is the kind of Muslims running the masjid. I could care less about a womans scarf or not, when the mousqe is squandering peoples money and trying to make profit in the Masjid. It really disgusts me that people make the point of a woman wearing a scarf or not makes her a good muslim. The guys running the masjid all have beards and wear their nice traditional clothing, thier wives wear scarves and they are crooks!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 19 June 2006 at 8:13am

Advertising... NEVER !!!

Only for Allah's sake....

http://www.biriz.biz - www.biriz.biz

-------------
Biriz Biz

Date Posted: 19 June 2006 at 9:44am

Assalamu alaikum

Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah,

Moderators, are you going to allow her to get by saying that me and my Muslim sisters who don't wear hijab are not Muslim? 

im sure she dint mean it, some times you say stuff in emotions and inshaAllah sis schwester will opologise

wassalam

-------------

Posted By: Srya
Date Posted: 19 June 2006 at 10:01am
Fatima said

"if we start caring bout what people think and how they going to react to us where is it going to take us, to hids our muslim identity?"

Mashallah. I needed to read that. Because, the last two days I have been mostly in my room. Why? Well, since there is company here. My Step-Brothers and their family's come over. Now I haft to wear my hejab around them because they are not my blood Brothers. My Aunt her Mother is a very strict Catholic. They have never seen me in my hejab and it still is uncomfortable being around my Step Brothers in my hejab because, well given what I have been through they don't understand the choice I have made. Enough about that. However, I was hiding. I am ashamed but I was embarrassed. Not embarrassed of why I wear it. I am embarrassed of the indifference. I will pray that ALLAH swt forgive me for that. I am going to come out of my room tonight when all comes over. Looks of may different emotions, come on with it. LOL

About the face covers. For the very brief time I lived in the middle east; I had 1 Sister In law who did not wear it. All others wanted to. I did not wear it in the City. Sometimes I wore it. Sometimes I didn't. My Ex-Husband always said it was my choice. But, I believe he wanted me to wear it all the time but wanted me to make the decision.

Posted By: ZEA J
Date Posted: 19 June 2006 at 10:34pm
this forum is becoming more and more like a warzone and to be honest, i am geting really sick of it,why can't we all just get along and stop calling each other names.

-------------
"You will never attain piety and righteousness,(and eventually paradise)until you
spend of that which you love."(Al-Imran:92)

Date Posted: 19 June 2006 at 11:50pm

My sister, if I am not wrong, you are new to Islam?

It is not for us (or anyone) to say this (she is not muslim). If a woman does not wear hijab, it is for Allah to judge her. That's why we will have Judgement Day.

Wassalaam.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 June 2006 at 10:01am

yeaa, it's not possible to refuse wearing like this. and even if one does refuse, i guess there is the only reason - she is not muslim. no other reasons is there any site showing how to do different styles with scarves/etc?

Bismillah,

Moderators, are you going to allow her to get by saying that me and my Muslim sisters who don't wear hijab are not Muslim?�

i thought it's clear what i meant. and nor i wear scarves. these styles of clothes attract most of nonmuslim girls who like wearing different, and i guess this is one of those biggest factors which leads such girls to islam.
okay, no prob, i apologise for wrong expressions

Date Posted: 20 June 2006 at 12:21pm

Originally posted by aishag88 aishag88 wrote:

�ya allah, fight over everything...

Bismillah,

This is a discussion group.� This is not a fight, Sister.�

However, when shwester says that Sisters who don't wear scarves are not Muslim, that is an argument definitely.� Those are fighting words.� Allah, SWT, ihdeeha.� May Allah, SWT, guide her.

hullo sis, i did not say Sisters who don't wear, but i said "..if one does refuse ..wearing like this". meant like on pictures..,not general case of covering head. it is if you didn't get where i was pointing to. even if my english is bad, i know what i say. oh ya, it was wrong to say ".. - she is not muslim", i had to put ".. - it is because she is not muslim". apologies.
what's ihdeeha?

Date Posted: 20 June 2006 at 12:42pm

yeaa, it's not possible to refuse wearing like this. and even if one does refuse, i guess there is the only reason - she is not muslim. no other reasons is there any site showing how to do different styles with scarves/etc?

Bismillah,

i thought it's clear what i meant. and nor i wear scarves. these styles of clothes attract most of nonmuslim girls who like wearing different, and i guess this is one of those biggest factors which leads such girls to islam.
okay, no prob, i apologise for wrong expressions

Bismillah,

No problem.  It's awfully difficult to communicate even when we are fluent in a language.  Many of us here would be glad to help you improve your English if you like.

Punctuation and white space (hitting the Enter key) are helpful ways to make things a littler clearer than they otherwise would be.

Peace

-------------

Date Posted: 20 June 2006 at 12:43pm

My sister, if I am not wrong, you are new to Islam?

It is not for us (or anyone) to say this (she is not muslim). If a woman does not wear hijab, it is for Allah to judge her. That's why we will have Judgement Day.

Wassalaam.

Bismillah,

Maybe she is not new to Islaam, just to English.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 June 2006 at 1:25pm
We are not Blind!

Date Posted: 20 June 2006 at 1:28pm

BUT, SHE IS......

Date Posted: 20 June 2006 at 1:29pm

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

We are not Blind!

Bismillah,

Listen you little penguin dude, watch out that an old blind person doesn't slap you upside the head with your IP sign!

-------------

Date Posted: 20 June 2006 at 1:30pm

***Please don't use all BOLD print for the body of your message.***

-------------

Date Posted: 20 June 2006 at 1:32pm
  http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000">I Promise  We'll be good Mishmish....promise!

Date Posted: 20 June 2006 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

***Please don't use all BOLD print for the body of your message.***

Bismillah,

Please don't use asterisks before and after your messages.  It's really annoying.

Peace

-------------

Date Posted: 20 June 2006 at 1:37pm

Salaams:

I do that so that people will see it is the Moderator Mishmish, not the User Mishmish.

It may be annoying, but I don't get PMs anymore asking why a Moderator is posting personal comments, or why a User just edited their post, which I found annoying.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 June 2006 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

Salaams:

I do that so that people will see it is the Moderator Mishmish, not the User Mishmish.

It may be annoying, but I don't get PMs anymore asking why a Moderator is posting personal comments, or why a User just edited their post, which I found annoying.

Bismillah,

Here is my font color of choice in Italics only.  Here it is bolded and italicized. 

One is readable for the older set, and the other is not. 

Since you were so thougtful as to explain your asterisks to me, I thought I would explain my bolding to you.

Also, ak, when there are quotes on quotes, it is helpful to change font color or font size in the third response.

(Is that a bump on your head?)

Peace

-------------

Date Posted: 20 June 2006 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

BUT, SHE IS......

Excellent font choice, dearie!

-------------

Posted By: Moona
Date Posted: 25 June 2006 at 11:35am
Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

Sorry you sisters feel that way'.

I really feel sorry for sisters who are forced to live behind the face covers.
Who say's they are 'forced'? Many time's I have told my husband I WANT to wear 'face cover'.But he doesnt want me too. It's not the norm in the country we are from.But I am very fair skinned and was only thinking of protecting my skin.Too often people,especially non-muslim's in the West,believe muslim women who cover are 'forced' to do so.They simply do not understand the reasoning for covering,or the culture.

-------------
Moonie

Posted By: Halimah
Date Posted: 07 July 2006 at 4:46am

Assalam Alaykum

i did pick a little bit of this and that from everyones post and i thank you all so much.

Face covers or no face covers, let those that want to use use them its purely their choice.

Whether or not one wants to eitheir encourage or discourage the face cover, the bottom line is those that would use it, would indeed use it regardless of anyone's views, opinons or emotions. like they say from my own part of the world, "you dont like jump into the sea nobody's going to stop me" (this is a literary translantion of it in my native dialect which is Yoruba. i hope no one is offended by the quote).

The sister that really wants to give out face covers shoukd not be discouraged. let her do it as her own saddaqah and we pray that Allah SWT accepts it from her (Amin).

Those pctures sis Biriz biz posted were very nice and i'm wondering where i could get outfits like those that aren't very expensive because i'm a student residing in Nigeria(Lagos). thank u all and stay blessed.

Maa salam

-------------
Fear Allah wherever you find yourself

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net