IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - face covers  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

face covers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 4:50am

What is wrong with covering the face ?

it's a choice is not ?

Jenni, why is it extreme ?

While the dress code doesn't show how much pity you have, those who cover up the face, see it as having more pity (for themselves).

And also i believe its a culture thing to wear in the desert, to protect against sand and sun.  

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 7:11am
Angel, it is not in Quran anywhere to cover the face. I don't believe most women in the world do it because they want too. Women in Saudi have no choice and here I believe some women truely want too and some women are pushed by thier husbands. In the west I think all it does is make a huge statement and attract stares and comments. Every woman has the right to show her face, we are human beings with smiles and eyes that make expressions. We are an equal part of society, we don't have to walk around like cloaked scared feeble women. Peace
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 7:38am

Jenni, you have a point.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 9:22am

Assalamu Alaikum!

Sister Jenni: "Angel, it is not in Quran anywhere to cover the face. I don't believe most women in the world do it because they want too."

Muslims follow Islam as a complete package-Qur'an, Sunnah, rightly guided Companions of Prophet ( SAW ), and Scholars in Islam who guide us in the light of Qur'an and Sunnah.

"Women in Saudi have no choice and here I believe some women truely want too and some women are pushed by thier husbands. In the west I think all it does is make a huge statement and attract stares and comments."

It is irrelevant what others think about Islam. If media says that Islam has something to do with terrorism, does it mean that more than 1.5 billion Muslims are terrorists? Or does it change the fact that Islam is peace and submission to Allah and has absolutely nothing to do with extremism and terrorism.  Modest dressing may or may not include face covering.

"Every woman has the right to show her face, we are human beings with smiles and eyes that make expressions. We are an equal part of society, we don't have to walk around like cloaked scared feeble women."

That is your opinion. You have right to show your face if you want. Similarly, others too have right not to show their face if that is what they want. As said before, modest dressing may or may not include face covering. Both type of women are doing what they should within rules of Shariah, that varies from lenient to strict.

Peace

Edited by peacemaker
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 11:15am

Assalamu Alaikum Sisters:

What is all the controversy about?

UmmSaleh is merely trying to carry out a selfless act by passing along some niquab donated in charity. She simply asked for help.

Are we to the point now that even an act of charity must be dissected, scrutinized, and made into something divisive?

Salaams

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 3:45pm
Mishmish, I truely feel that women wearing Niqab in the U.s.a are facing tough times. There are women at the Masjid who don't feel safe going anywhere alone for fear of being followed and harrased. What kind of life is this? Why do we as Muslims allways want to make life easier for men and harder for women? Why must women be forced to be locked up at home for fear of being harassed if they go outside? I see many some women in Pakistan wearing Niqab, and that if fine for them. They are living in a mostly Muslim country and no one bothers them. I also see some women in jeans with no hijab and I feel that is thier choice as well, if they get teased and harassed it is thier own problem. But here, Niqab DOES NOT proctect you from being teased or stared at, and the sight of a woman in Niqab is actually frightening to some children and people. Every woman has to make her own choice, however it angers me when people try to encourage women to wear Niqab, no matter what we women do IT IS NEVER ENOUGH!!!
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 3:47pm
Peacemaker, whether they want or thier husbands or families want? Most women in Muslim countries do not have control over thier own life, and please don't tell me what islam says, about women being fairly treated. Because most Muslims do not follow that, I have seen it first hand.
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 4:49pm

Assalamu Alaikum!

Sister Jenni: "Peacemaker, whether they want or thier husbands or families want? Most women in Muslim countries do not have control over thier own life, and please don't tell me what islam says, about women being fairly treated. Because most Muslims do not follow that, I have seen it first hand."

Well, we say here what Islam tells us to do or not to do. If there are Muslims who don't properly follow Islam, it is our duty to educate them. If our children don't properly follow Islam, it is our duty again to educate them. This is the best we can do, Sister. And as far as modest dressing is concerned, it should be the choice of women whether or not to cover their faces. And if anyone does that out of her free will, that choice should be respected by us all.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic