IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - face covers  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

face covers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 1:30pm

***Please don't use all BOLD print for the body of your message.***

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 1:32pm
 I Promise We'll be good Mishmish....promise!
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

***Please don't use all BOLD print for the body of your message.***

Bismillah,

Please don't use asterisks before and after your messages.  It's really annoying.

Peace

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 1:37pm

Salaams:

I do that so that people will see it is the Moderator Mishmish, not the User Mishmish.

It may be annoying, but I don't get PMs anymore asking why a Moderator is posting personal comments, or why a User just edited their post, which I found annoying.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

Salaams:

I do that so that people will see it is the Moderator Mishmish, not the User Mishmish.

It may be annoying, but I don't get PMs anymore asking why a Moderator is posting personal comments, or why a User just edited their post, which I found annoying.

Bismillah,

Here is my font color of choice in Italics only.  Here it is bolded and italicized. 

One is readable for the older set, and the other is not. 

Since you were so thougtful as to explain your asterisks to me, I thought I would explain my bolding to you.

Also, ak, when there are quotes on quotes, it is helpful to change font color or font size in the third response.

(Is that a bump on your head?)

Peace

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

BUT, SHE IS......

Excellent font choice, dearie!

Moona View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2006 at 11:35am
Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

Originally posted by ummsaleh ummsaleh wrote:

Sorry you sisters feel that way'.

I really feel sorry for sisters who are forced to live behind the face covers.
Who say's they are 'forced'? Many time's I have told my husband I WANT to wear 'face cover'.But he doesnt want me too. It's not the norm in the country we are from.But I am very fair skinned and was only thinking of protecting my skin.Too often people,especially non-muslim's in the West,believe muslim women who cover are 'forced' to do so.They simply do not understand the reasoning for covering,or the culture.
Moonie
Halimah View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halimah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2006 at 4:46am

Assalam Alaykum

i did pick a little bit of this and that from everyones post and i thank you all so much.

Face covers or no face covers, let those that want to use use them its purely their choice.

Whether or not one wants to eitheir encourage or discourage the face cover, the bottom line is those that would use it, would indeed use it regardless of anyone's views, opinons or emotions. like they say from my own part of the world, "you dont like jump into the sea nobody's going to stop me" (this is a literary translantion of it in my native dialect which is Yoruba. i hope no one is offended by the quote).

The sister that really wants to give out face covers shoukd not be discouraged. let her do it as her own saddaqah and we pray that Allah SWT accepts it from her (Amin).

Those pctures sis Biriz biz posted were very nice and i'm wondering where i could get outfits like those that aren't very expensive because i'm a student residing in Nigeria(Lagos). thank u all and stay blessed.

Maa salam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic