IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Satan’s Great Manipulation of Christians  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Satan’s Great Manipulation of Christians

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 1:26pm

Dear Aquinian,

You posted this:

"This connection is not ever-present; therefore, the Church is not infallible at all times."

No, the Church is most certainly not infallible at all times.  I think you know I am referring to the times when the Holy Father is speaking ex cathedra.  When he is speaking ex cathedra he is preserved from error when he solemnly promulgates, or declares, to the Church a decision on faith or morals.

This was what David had posted earlier regarding the dogma issued by Pope Paul VI on the subject of Lumen Gentium, which he proclaimed in November of 1964. 

This is one paragraph which Pope Paul stated regarding Mulims in this dogma:  But the plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Moslems: these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day.

You stated that you did not always follow or believe these "decrees".  This is a Church dogma, and the pope was speaking ex cathedra at the time.....therefore, for you to choose not to follow it is heresy.

I believe you trying to be a good Catholic.  But I have listened to many popes state the verse in Scripture where Jesus said "many sheep I have who are not of this fold"....and I know He meant this for people who worship in another faith than ours. 

You don't have to answer this, I'm just curious, but do you belong to one of several "organizations" out there now, such as Call to Action, Voice of the Faithful, CORPUS, etc.?  Or, are you a laicized priest?

Peace with you always!

Edited by Patty
Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
amlhabibi2000 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlhabibi2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 3:13pm

Satan is just an excuse people use for their bad behavior, this creation does not exist except for in the imaginations.

People use Satan all the time as their excuse for acting badlly when in truth it is their lack of good communication skills, anger management skills, parenting skills, relationship skills and their lack of understanding how to cope with stress and frustrations that is the real problem.

There is not a magical being tempting anyone it is our own imaginations and ignorance of how to deal with life and the world.

Sure we can act like the mythical creature but there is not a being creating the crisis in the world it is ourselves.

Edited by amlhabibi2000
Judgement day passes in the moment we decide something needs attention & we take positive action. Then there will be a great sorting out of people into groups, Inspired by Surah 99 Ayat 1-8
Aquinian View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

Dear Aquinian,

You posted this:

"This connection is not ever-present; therefore, the Church is not infallible at all times."

No, the Church is most certainly not infallible at all times.  I think you know I am referring to the times when the Holy Father is speaking ex cathedra.  When he is speaking ex cathedra he is preserved from error when he solemnly promulgates, or declares, to the Church a decision on faith or morals.

This was what David had posted earlier regarding the dogma issued by Pope Paul VI on the subject of Lumen Gentium, which he proclaimed in November of 1964. 

This is one paragraph which Pope Paul stated regarding Mulims in this dogma:  But the plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Moslems: these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day.

You stated that you did not always follow or believe these "decrees".  This is a Church dogma, and the pope was speaking ex cathedra at the time.....therefore, for you to choose not to follow it is heresy.

I believe you trying to be a good Catholic.  But I have listened to many popes state the verse in Scripture where Jesus said "many sheep I have who are not of this fold"....and I know He meant this for people who worship in another faith than ours. 

You don't have to answer this, I'm just curious, but do you belong to one of several "organizations" out there now, such as Call to Action, Voice of the Faithful, CORPUS, etc.?  Or, are you a laicized priest?

Peace with you always!

How do we know when the Pope is infallible and fallible?  Should we take his word for it?

To address a more pressing point, could the pope directly contradict sacred scripture and still be infallible in his claims?  Could the Pope say that those who do not eat of the body and drink of the blood can receive eternal life when Christ clearly opposes this statement with his own words?  The purpose of the church is solely to propagate the Word.  That is all the apostles did - they did not make new claims about the Virgin Mary or the equality of other faiths to the Christian faith.  Call me a heretic, but I fail to suffer the Church's "infallibility" in the face of Christ's words in scripture. 

Just as the Vatican pressed that the earth was flat in the face of scientific reasoning that proved opposite, the Vatican presses this idea that the God of Islam is the same as that of Christianity when it is simply not true.  I don't care whether the Pope has claimed it is - it is not, based on the words of Christ himself as I have argued.

I would prefer to argue about the actual words of Christ rather than the church's infallibility.  Jesus establishes the church (upon this rock I will build my church) but never mentions the infallible teachings of Peter.  The Pope is a sinner like all of us and, though he spends his life in holy contemplation of God, I do not believe that he has any greater connection to God's ear than any other Christian.  Seeing as how the first pope was Peter, the greatest denier of Christ, I fail to see any tradition of infallibility within the Holy See.  Christ chose the least of his faithful apostles to begin the church.  Now the Pope has become the greatest of the the faithful in the church, with expensive robes and extravagant living quarters.

I love the Pope.  I think he should be a leader for all Catholics and offer to them insights gained through a thorough examination of sacred scripture.  He should make clear the doctrines of the church based solely on scripture and tradition.  This idea that we can learn new things about Christ or Mary by listening to the pope's infallible communications with the Holy Spirit is hierarchical and certainly unintended by Jesus Christ.

The Church does not encourage enough understanding of the Word.  Unfortunately, that's where all understanding of Christ begins.

DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 5:36pm
As much as I like discussing Christian theology, it's time for me to stop here because we are to relate to Islam.

Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 5:42pm

Brother Israfil,

Thanks for the comment. Couldn't write more on that as it was late in the night but I will put forward some more thought on the Laws since the days of yore.

Best Regards & Salaam Aalikum

BMZ

Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Aquinian Aquinian wrote:

Originally posted by Andalus Andalus wrote:

Originally posted by Andalus Andalus wrote:

Great, then please find out which Gd Noah worshiped.

I would agree that we are all capable of sinning, but we also have the ability to follow the commands of Gd, regardless of what the church has told you. The proof is from the words of Moses himself, if you hold your OT as true.

Peace

You specify that God makes x NUMBER of prohibitions for Noah and y NUMBER of prohibitions for Moses.  The fact that you use "number" is of great significance.

The number of rules that Allah gives to Muslims and God gives to Christians may differ, certainly, but the types of rules are what really matter.  If Allah tells Muslims not to make any image whatsoever, this directly opposes the rule that God tells the Israelites: make these images for the Ark of the Covenant.

In the case of x and y, number also includes differences such that "y" includes actions that were allowed with "x". My analogy therefore stands and I ask you which Gd did Noah follow VS Moses, if we follow your linf of reasoning.

Just because Yahweh gives a different number of rules to Noah than Abraham does not mean that there are two different Yahwehs.  It matters only if his rules directly conflict.  Making images and not making images is a clear and direct conflict between Allah and Yahweh.

Define "rules conflicting". in the case of those laws given to Noah, on could eat pork. Moses was not allowed pork. A conflict exists.. So which Gd did Noah worhsip VS Moses.

Peace

Noah was not necessarily told that he could eat pork, so this is not as good of an example.

Your conclusion is fallacious. So now, any difference between the the Noachide law and the numerous laws in the Torah cannot be seen as such as long as one can find no "explicit" command affirming something when it was not denied! That thinking is problematic. Noah could eat pork. Moses could not. Noah was not told he could eat a pizza either, but this does not preculde eating pizza from his diet. So in your reasoning, Noah and Moses followed different Gds.

I am a Christian; therefore, I follow the rule that Jesus set forth - "It is not what you put into your mouth, but what comes out that will condemn you."

You are going off on a tangent. The point of teh trhead is not about the issue of eating pork, but about the issue of Gd denying one body something and not denying it for another, and whther or not this constitues a different Gd.

Originally posted by Aquanian Aquanian wrote:

This might conflict directly with what Yahweh told the Israelites, but if I had to compare it to the use of images (which is addressed by the commandments), I would view it as of much less significance.

What we are discussing is your methodology to conclude that one Gd is different from another "Gd". That you feel one example is less significant than that of images is irrelevant, what we have are two examples of Gd saying one thing to one people and a second thing to another.

The notion of images based upon what was allowed for the Ark raises "interpretation" that 1) allows some forms of art in Judiasm based upon extending that incident (extending the evidence) which is hardly a solid case and 2) hardly allows one to construct statues and face them during the asking for intercession

Originally posted by Aquainian Aquainian wrote:

Eating pork is not a salvation issue.  If you accidentally eat pork in your lifetime, you're not damned to hell for all eternity.  Jesus pointed out that what you say can damn you to hell much more certainly.

Eating pork in this thread is an issue of deriving a conclusion. If Noah is allowed to eat it, and Moses is not, then if we follow your line of reasoning, they both worshiped different Gds.

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by amlhabibi2000 amlhabibi2000 wrote:

Satan is just an excuse people use for their bad behavior, this creation does not exist except for in the imaginations.

People use Satan all the time as their excuse for acting badlly when in truth it is their lack of good communication skills, anger management skills, parenting skills, relationship skills and their lack of understanding how to cope with stress and frustrations that is the real problem.

There is not a magical being tempting anyone it is our own imaginations and ignorance of how to deal with life and the world.

Sure we can act like the mythical creature but there is not a being creating the crisis in the world it is ourselves.

I think satan just needs counseling, consultation, and education.

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by bmzsp bmzsp wrote:

Andalus and Aquinian,

The Seven Commandments for Noah and the Ten Commandments for Moses. While we are at it, here is something very interesting:

The Children of Israel are the Jews, the descendants of the Patriarch Jacob. They are commanded to fulfill the 613 commandments of the Torah.

The Children of Noah are the Gentiles, comprising the seventy nations of the world. They are commanded concerning the Seven Universal Laws, also known as the Seven Laws of the Children of Noah or the Seven Noahide Laws.

BMZ

Assalam Aleikum.

Yes, there is in fact a movement, though small, of people who are gentile who are "returning" to their convenant, and they call themselves "Noachides". My point to Aquanian was that the covenant between Gd and Moses and Noah were not identical, yet I am sure he has not problem concluding that Noah and Moses worshipped the same Gd. Thats the only point I was trying to make.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic