IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Thousands die in Indonesian quake  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thousands die in Indonesian quake

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 10:00am

I believe that Allah works beyond us. We have no idea the future of those people... they may be in Paradise.. we should not judge people. Death in this life will come to all of us. As this life is temporary I tend to think that death is not the end.. maybe by dying now they were relieved of some type of future suffering? 

I may be way off base..

Besides, living near an active volcano is NOT a good thing. Science can tell you what will happen if you live on the edge of one of the moving plates.

May we each do what we can to help the living.  Amen

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
sayariza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sayariza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 10:03am
can you understand your own sentence:?
why you ignore to answer my question?
I make your sentence bigger to make you can read it..

you said :

the muslims there is not practising Islam...

just read my last post

you said it..

offcouse the disaster is God will i do not refuse that
what I wrote is not about God as the decission maker for all things

but above you, your behavir , you  are easy to judging people
"not practising islam.."

but they way you tell blame that happened because
the muslims there is not practising Islam...without seeing them, without meeting them, without knowing them

Edited by sayariza
sayariza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sayariza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 10:42am
Originally posted by salman_s
<p>indonesia is the largest muslim population in the world. but the
muslims there are not practising islam sincerely. they are moving away
from islam.....[/QUOTE salman_s

indonesia is the largest muslim population in the world. but the muslims there are not practising islam sincerely. they are moving away from islam.....[/QUOTE wrote:

Is She muslima here below not practising Islam?

Is She muslima here below not practising Islam?

She is still praying to God...
source: (http://www.republika.co.id/)

[http://www.thejakartapost.com/headlines.asp][/URL]
Jakartapost (english)

Death toll rises, rescue efforts go on

The Jakarta Post, Jakarta

The death toll from Saturday's earthquake had reached more than 4,600 as of late Sunday, as rescue workers continued to search for survivors.

Hospitals and medical staff remained overwhelmed as patients continued to stream in. Around 200,000 people are thought to have been left homeless by the quake, which hit 5.9 on the Richter scale, according to the Meteorology and Geophysics Agency.

On a visit to Gontor Islamic school in Ponorogo, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono said he would work from Yogyakarta with Cabinet ministers so he could "directly supervise the evacuation process", said his spokesman, Andi Mallarangeng.

A late night Cabinet meeting with Vice President Jusuf Kalla revealed the government is setting aside Rp 1 trillion (about US$ 107.5 billion) for one year, including Rp 300 billion for a three month emergency relief phase, and the rest for reconstruction and rehabilitation.

Electricity, telecommunications, and fuel supplies are yet to be restored to all quake-affected areas.

State Minister for State Enterprises Sugiharto said state power firm PT PLN would have restored electricity in Central Java's Klaten regency, Yogyakarta's metropolitan area and Bantul regency by Sunday, Antara reported.

Saturday's quake knocked out lines carrying 400 megawatts of power to the area, with Yogyakarta's metropolitan area regaining electricity by the day's end, but Klaten and Bantul still left in the dark. PLN will bring in power directly from its West and Central Java grids.

Sugiharto also said state telecommunications firm PT Telkom had fixed 82 of the 112 telephone line towers damaged during the quake.

State oil and gas company PT Pertamina spokesperson M. Harun said Yogyakarta's 60,700-kiloliter daily fuel requirements were being met by supplies from the nearby cities of Cilacap, Solo, Cepu and Madiun.

Yogyakarta's Adisucipto Airport is limited to humanitarian aid operations as repairs are still underway. Reuters reported medical supplies and body bags were arriving at the airport.

From Bantul, south of the provincial capital, Agence France-Presse reported thousands of troops and emergency rescue teams had joined volunteers who were clawing at debris with their bare hands, but power blackouts and heavy rain at dusk were hampering rescue efforts.

The stench of decomposing bodies filled the air as soldiers used a backhoe to dig through the rubble in one neighborhood that was completely leveled by the temblor.

Yuni, in her 40s, searched frantically for her uncle, who lived with a maid at a house that had collapsed, AFP reported.

Aid workers warned dwindling supplies of food and water and a lack of housing could pose long-term challenges.

In order to cater to the demand for blood, the Surabaya branch of the Indonesian Red Cross was keeping its donation services open 24 hours, the branch head said.

UN Children's Fund spokesman John Budd told Reuters the number of people left homeless by the disaster was still vague.

Inna lillahi rajiuun

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by salman_s salman_s wrote:

Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Salman, well you may believe what you wrote above, but study the geology of the earth, please. Not everything pertains to God's wrath, actually I don't believe any natural disasters is from God's wrath myself.

The earth is a violent place, whenever there is stresses and movement of tectonic plates, the earth is going to let go and shift and normally it is in the form of eathquakes.

And volcanos, well similar activities.

What lies underneath the crust is a very active earth  The earth is always evolving and changing. The lands/continents are actually moving.

hi angel

who causes stresses and movements of volcanic plates which results in earthquakes? it is Allah (alone) who does that

who causes volacanoes to occur and the earth plates to shift? it is Allah (alone) who does that

Allah has mentioned in the Qur'an that Allah forgives whom he wills and Allah punishes whom he wills.

Allah's punishment has come on the indonesians, and it is high time that indonesian muslims repent to Allah of their past sins and get back to the path of goodness and sincerely practise islam

I am sorry I think that is crap, Then explain to me when earthquakes and underwater valcanos, or whatever, elsewhere where there are no people and yet these still occur.

If there were no people on indonesia and all this still happened, is God punishing then or is it just a normal natural movement of the earth? (perhasp God's doing)

I believe what happened or is happening in indonesia would have still happened if there were no people there and would not be a disaster.

No one ever says that it is god's punishment when it doesn't effect people directly or indirectly, amazing how that is  It is always when people are affected, why is that so?

why is it different when people are involved than when it is not. These acts of the earth do not confine themselves to where people are only.

And it is only called a disaster when people are involved never when its in a place where no one gets hurt/affected.

Think a little Salman

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 11:16pm

Salman, well you may believe what you wrote above, but study the geology of the earth, please. Not everything pertains to God's wrath, actually I don't believe any natural disasters is from God's wrath myself.

The earth is a violent place, whenever there is stresses and movement of tectonic plates, the earth is going to let go and shift and normally it is in the form of eathquakes.

And volcanos, well similar activities.

What lies underneath the crust is a very active earth  The earth is always evolving and changing. The lands/continents are actually moving.

hi angel

who causes stresses and movements of volcanic plates which results in earthquakes? it is Allah (alone) who does that

who causes volacanoes to occur and the earth plates to shift? it is Allah (alone) who does that

Allah has mentioned in the Qur'an that Allah forgives whom he wills and Allah punishes whom he wills.

Allah's punishment has come on the indonesians, and it is high time that indonesian muslims repent to Allah of their past sins and get back to the path of goodness and sincerely practise islam

I am sorry I think that is crap, Then explain to me when earthquakes and underwater valcanos, or whatever, elsewhere where there are no people and yet these still occur.

If there were no people on indonesia and all this still happened, is God punishing then or is it just a normal natural movement of the earth? (perhasp God's doing)

I believe what happened or is happening in indonesia would have still happened if there were no people there and would not be a disaster.

No one ever says that it is god's punishment when it doesn't effect people directly or indirectly, amazing how that is  It is always when people are affected, why is that so?

why is it different when people are involved than when it is not. These acts of the earth do not confine themselves to where people are only.

And it is only called a disaster when people are involved never when its in a place where no one gets hurt/affected.

Think a little Salman

hi angel

how do you know that if there were no indonesians living in that region still the earthquakes would have occured?

and regarding other regions where no people live still earthquakes and volcanoes occur, then that is Allah's will. Allah does what he wills and we cannot question him.

salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 11:21pm
sayariza, just by posting one woman who is praying you cannot say that the whole indonesian population is praying. and may be she prayed only after the earthquake struck. i just want to say that it is high time for the indonesians to turn to Allah in repentance and ask for forgiveness of their sins and pray that Allah saves them from all such calamities and disasters and Allah gives them patience in such situations.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 11:41pm

[

hi angel

how do you know that if there were no indonesians living in that region still the earthquakes would have occured?

By studying the geology of the earth, seeing where the tectonic plates are, volcanos etc.  It's not that hard to see a mountain with a hole in it, and perhaps with smoking coming out 

And oh because it is noted that area has these, so it would have happened anyway with or without people  

Quote and regarding other regions where no people live still earthquakes and volcanoes occur, then that is Allah's will. Allah does what he wills and we cannot question him.

Typical answer that is non satisfactory and one that doesn't answer if you don't believe in God

Try again Salman

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
ops154 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ops154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 11:46pm

yes, it is also one of the signs of qiyamah that Allah's wrath comes on the believers (muslims)

indonesia is the largest muslim population in the world. but the muslims there are not practising islam sincerely. they are moving away from islam. and Allah knows best what sins are taking place there. the tsunami is a lesson to all indonesian muslims to fear Allah and follow islam sincerely. nobody is trying there to work on buliding iman (faith in Allah). it is every muslim's responsibilty to work on building his iman. for that you need to organize religious islamic gatherings. we indian muslims are working hard on building our iman masha Allah 

it is high time for the indonesian muslims to get back to islam and fear Allah and follow islam sincerely.

Who are you trying to fool here? If what you say is true than I would not want to be living in India anytime soon. With just a couple searches using google trending, which tells you where people search for what the most, I was able to see that India has the 3 cities in the top 5 for searching for sex and group sex. You had 4 of the top 5 cities that search for animal sex so what is all this high and mighty talk? You need to stop throwing stones from that glass house you live in.

Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
  Share Topic