IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Thousands die in Indonesian quake  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thousands die in Indonesian quake

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 7:33am
Originally posted by peacemaker peacemaker wrote:

Assalamu Alaikum!

Brother Salman,

Regarding earthquakes, yes they are a sign of Qiyamah, and that, may or may not, be Allah's wrath. But we should not make comments on others' imaan and neither should we feel happy about others� suffering. Only Allah knows what He is doing.

We should not, for example, say that Indonesian Muslims are suffering because of this and this, and Indian Muslims are doing better than Indonesian Muslims. Such generalizations should not be made. Speak your mind without blaming entire group or people.

Only Allah(SWT) can judge a person's heart and only those who love this life more than the deen would feel death as a punishment from Allah(SWT).

If Allah(SWT) were to punish the insincere Muslims with death then that is better for them because they won't be punished in the next life. Allah(SWT) does not punish anyone twice for the same sin.

You should refrain from making judgements that only Allah(SWT) can make.

I hope you would understand that sensitivities at such points of calamities run very high. We should be very careful what we speak in this respect.

The best thing that we can do is to help those people in any way we can, and pray for them.

And what has happened to them can happen to anyone regardless of one�s Geographical location.

Peace

jazakallah khair peacemaker

peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 6:47am

Assalamu Alaikum!

Brother Salman,

Regarding earthquakes, yes they are a sign of Qiyamah, and that, may or may not, be Allah's wrath. But we should not make comments on others' imaan and neither should we feel happy about others� suffering. Only Allah knows what He is doing.

We should not, for example, say that Indonesian Muslims are suffering because of this and this, and Indian Muslims are doing better than Indonesian Muslims. Such generalizations should not be made. Speak your mind without blaming entire group or people.

Only Allah(SWT) can judge a person's heart and only those who love this life more than the deen would feel death as a punishment from Allah(SWT).

If Allah(SWT) were to punish the insincere Muslims with death then that is better for them because they won't be punished in the next life. Allah(SWT) does not punish anyone twice for the same sin.

You should refrain from making judgements that only Allah(SWT) can make.

I hope you would understand that sensitivities at such points of calamities run very high. We should be very careful what we speak in this respect.

The best thing that we can do is to help those people in any way we can, and pray for them.

And what has happened to them can happen to anyone regardless of one�s Geographical location.

Peace

Edited by peacemaker
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 5:21am
maybe the sins were done by non muslim indonesians ?
salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 5:18am
Originally posted by ops154 ops154 wrote:

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

Quote Its the indians who want to see white skin. ops do you know about the democratic caste system in India? Do you know that they rape white tourist in India? does anyone knows what Indian did at the 18th Commonwealth Games?.

I don't so please explain. Also I don't have to worry what Indians do to white people as I don't plan on going over there anytime soon. It sounds like they would rather have my dog then me go over there anyways.

some of the incidents I can recall of my head are these:

In 2003 Swiss diplomat was raped in India.
in 2005 German tourist raped.

Concerned over recent incidents of rape and killing of foreign tourists, India's Union Tourism Ministry would soon introduce "tourist cards" to ensure the safety of international guests........

Talk abot luv for white skin.... sickenin....

Well isn't that nice of Salmans country. Please Salman tell us more how your country is so god fearing and better than Indonesia.

so why are you arguing with me? i am a muslim. Islam forbids all such haraam things and the ultimate penalty for these sins is hell fire. now the only people you can argue with are the indian hindus. ask them why they look at animal sex? ask them why they rape tourists?  what does their religion teach? ask them not me.

and i am making a comparision between indian muslims and indonesian muslims.

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 5:16am
Originally posted by salman_s salman_s wrote:

In the map there is a square box in saudi arabia.. I wonder why?

but tell me has any major earthquake struck saudi arabia till now? never. see, Allah is able to do all things.

[/QUOTE]

Its not active. It still does have potential.

salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 5:12am

[QUOTE]

Allah is the One Who owns us fully and nothing happens in the universe except as a result of His will

So again do you believe it's god will for what is happening in Iraq, Afghanistan and Palestine?

Allah is the One Who owns us fully and nothing happens in the universe except as a result of His will

yes, it is Allah's will for what is happening in iraq, afghanistan and palestine

it is testing times for we muslims. Allah is testing us in our lives. we muslims need to be patient and constantly fear Allah and worship Allah (alone) and be dutiful to Allah and seek Allah's mercy.

reading quran in the middle of a battle is not enough, you also need tactic, weapons and will to fight.

Its a combination of tactic,weapon, and help from God that makes you win the battle.

yes, i agree ak.

salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 5:10am

Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

[

hi angel

how do you know that if there were no indonesians living in that region still the earthquakes would have occured?

By studying the geology of the earth, seeing where the tectonic plates are, volcanos etc.  It's not that hard to see a mountain with a hole in it, and perhaps with smoking coming out 

And oh because it is noted that area has these, so it would have happened anyway with or without people  

Quote and regarding other regions where no people live still earthquakes and volcanoes occur, then that is Allah's will. Allah does what he wills and we cannot question him.

Typical answer that is non satisfactory and one that doesn't answer if you don't believe in God

Try again Salman

Here is the map of tectonic plates. Indonesia lies close to it.

Allah knows what happened in the past, what is happening in present and what will happen in future.

Allah is the All-Knower of the unseen and the seen.

Allah knows where there will be sinners born on the earth, so accordingly Allah has set the tectonic plates.

Allah knows best

In the map there is a square box in saudi arabia.. I wonder why?

but tell me has any major earthquake struck saudi arabia till now? never. see, Allah is able to do all things.

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 5:09am

[QUOTE]

Allah is the One Who owns�us fully and nothing happens in the universe except as a result of His will

So again do you believe it's god will for what is happening in Iraq, Afghanistan and Palestine?

Allah is the One Who owns us fully and nothing happens in the universe except as a result of His will

yes, it is Allah's will for what is happening in iraq, afghanistan and palestine

it is testing times for we muslims. Allah is testing us in our lives. we muslims need to be patient and constantly fear Allah and worship Allah (alone) and be dutiful to Allah and seek Allah's mercy.

reading quran in the middle of a battle is not enough, you also need tactic, weapons and will to fight.

Its a combination of tactic,weapon, and help from God that makes you win the battle.

of course nothing can happen without him, but it donst means that go and live in a mosque.

we still have to try, face it we are not Prophet.

Edited by ak_m_f
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
  Share Topic