IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Thousands die in Indonesian quake  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thousands die in Indonesian quake

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thousands die in Indonesian quake
    Posted: 31 May 2006 at 4:31am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Tell me why should they take it as punishment ? why should innocent people take this as punishment when they have not done anything wrong?

angel, how do you know that they have not done any wrong? i believe that they have done wrong that is why Allah is punishing them from these earthquakes, and even volcanoes.

Why would God/Allah be so cruel like this to punish people because of a few that may sin ??

If the Ummah leaves Allah's Sharee`ah, ignores the Deen of Allah ta`ala and follows its enemies, Allah will subjugate it to His armies, which no one knows except He. From among these armies are the earthquakes.

"Such is the Seizure of your Lord when He seizes the towns while they are doing wrong. Verily, His Seizure is painful and severe." (11:102)

"When We decide to destroy a town, We (first) send a definite order (to obey Allah and be righteous) to those among them who are given the good things of this life. Then, they transgress therein, and thus the word (of torment) is justified against (them). Then we destroy it with complete destruction." (17:16)

Allah, subhanahu wa ta`ala, with this earthquake makes clear to His servants a plain reality, that the kingdom of the heavens and the earth is in His Hands, subhanahu wa ta`ala, and that He is the Irresistible and Dominant over His servants.

From among the established Sunan of Allah is that He does not send punishment except due to sin and He does not remove it except after repentance. Allah ta`ala says, "Whatever misfortune befalls you, it is because of what your hands have earned." (42:30)

Allah the Mighty and Majestic says: "Evil and mischief have appeared on land and sea because of what the hands of men have earned, that Allah may make them taste a part of that which they have done, in order that they may return (by repenting to Allah)." [30:41]

Every disaster and every calamity that befalls the servants is due to their sins and wrongdoing. So know, servants of Allah, what wrongdoing does to its doers.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2006 at 3:22am
Originally posted by salman_s salman_s wrote:

Salman just re-read Peacemarkers post again, I don't think you fullly understand it.

ok, i understand what you are trying to say angel. see, all earthquakes cannot be said as a punishment from Allah, but where the earthquakes are frequently occuring, example indonesia, there the muslims should take it as a punishment from Allah. Allah like repentance very much. the indonesians should repent to Allah for their sins and try to become better muslims.

all natural disasters not just earthquakes.

Salman, stop making one full sweep to wipe all of indonesian muslims as if they haved sinned, again it is not just muslims that are affected, I said earlier these acts are indiscriminate! It has nothing to do with just muslims, just because some place or places that are majority of muslims and something like this happens frequently DOES NOT mean that they have sinned!

Tell me why should they take it as punishment ? why should innocent people take this as punishment when they have not done anything wrong?

Why would God/Allah be so cruel like this to punish people because of a few that may sin ??

I believe I will leave it here, as if I continue it will go in circles

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 11:11pm

Salman just re-read Peacemarkers post again, I don't think you fullly understand it.

ok, i understand what you are trying to say angel. see, all earthquakes cannot be said as a punishment from Allah, but where the earthquakes are frequently occuring, example indonesia, there the muslims should take it as a punishment from Allah. Allah like repentance very much. the indonesians should repent to Allah for their sins and try to become better muslims.

salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

We do not know Allah's will.. We cannot think to even know all of thw why's in life. As I mentioned earlier, we don't know what is really Allah's punishment and what is not.

but what is wrong if the indonesians take these earthquakes as a punishment from Allah? Allah likes repentance very much. and indonesians should take it as a punishment from Allah and repent to Allah for their sins and try to become better muslims. 

salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 11:02pm

Originally posted by Colin Colin wrote:

Quote the evidence is the earthquake which is constantly striking the indonesian regions. Allah punishes the wrongdoers. after the tsunami struck, i heard many indonesians themselves saying that Allah has punished them because of their sins.

The tsunami also killed people in India, Sri Lanka, The Maldives, Thailand, and Malaysia. I wonder why god felt the need to punish so many people of different religions.. I wonder why he only chose to punish those unlucky enough to be living in coastal areas...is there something about sea air that makes people sin more than those living away from the sea?

regarding places where there are no people living and earthquakes and volcanoes strike, then Allah does what he wills. we cannot question Allah.

I am not questioning god. These events happen because we live on a geologically unstable planet..

better watch out now, salman is goign to say Allah willed, made an unstable planet

this is what islam is - complete submission to Allah

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 10:05am

We do not know Allah's will.. We cannot think to even know all of thw why's in life. As I mentioned earlier, we don't know what is really Allah's punishment and what is not. How else can one explain where there is the longest life span? Is it about this life or the next? Japan has one of the longest life spans, is generally a Buddhist country that exists on islands that have major earthquakes and volanoes.... none of us can know the mysteries of Allah.

From the World Health Organization-2002

Countries with Longest Life Span

Japan

San Marino

Sweden

Switzerland

Monaco

Iceland

Italy

Australia

Spain

Andorra

Canada

France

Norway

Germany

Luxembourg

Austria

Israel

Netherlands

Belgium

Finland

Countries with lowest

Sierra Leone

Lesotho

Angola

Zimbabwe

Swaziland

Malawi

Zambia

Burundi

Liberia

Afghanistan

Niger

Burkina Faso

Botswana

Somalia

Mozambique

Democratic Republic of the Congo

Central African Republic

Edited by Hayfa
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 9:33am

Originally posted by Abeer23 Abeer23 wrote:

Arabian Knight has also made a  very good point.  Just because Natural disaster is one way Allah s.w.t punishes, doesn't mean that all natural disaster is a punishment!  Everything happens by Allah's will.  But not every mishap is a sign of Allah Ta'la's anger or punishment.  In the story of Musa and Kidhr, the parents of the boy were good people, their son' death though it was a misfortune in their eyes, was in no way A punishment from Allah. 

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 9:30am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic