IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - i believe Quran and Bible  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

i believe Quran and Bible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 19>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2016 at 10:18am
Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Dear Saved,

I agree with you that we should love our enemies and pray for those who use and abuse us.
Allah said in the Quran 28:77

"And do good to mankind as Allah has been good to you. And do not do mischief on earth, Allah does not like those who do mischief. "

I don't dare to oppose Allah, even I only fear to Allah.

Regards,
Asep
Dear Asep:

You are agreeing with the gospel. Quran 28: 77 doesn't state to do good to those that abuse you. The verse you quoted however is very general, because most people do good to those that do good to them. What reward is there in that as Jesus asked?

The reward from God is when you do good to those that don't do good to you, hate you or can't do good for you. So,(Quran 28:77) is not in clear support of the gospel, my comment, or what you are agreeing with. Do you realize this?

Remember, Jesus said love your enemies; that Quran verse is general, because Allah's love in the Quran is conditional, and the love of God in the gospel is not conditional love. I don't see that Quran verse agreeing with the gospel or what I posted and yet you agree with me. That is interesting to say the least.

We should owe no man anything but our love. The verse you quoted fails to express that. I believe you know I am speaking truth. What you do with that truth is up to you. May you come to the knowledge of truth that leads to paradise since you do appear to me to be still searching for the best knowledge.

PBUY,
Saved

Edited by Saved - 18 November 2016 at 11:04am
syed_z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syed_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2016 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Saved Saved wrote:

Jesus tells us in so many ways doing to people the evil they do to you will only make the world blind and lame. We are to love our enemies and pray for those that use and abuse us. There is no other better way; that is the truth that trumps falsehood.

Regards,
Saved

Saved,

Please learn your own scriptures before you come here to preach us.

The thirty-fourth verse of the tenth chapter of Matthew quotes Isa (alaihi Salaam) as having said, �Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.� (Matt: 1034)

It is written in the fifty-first verse of the twelfth chapter of Luke that Isa (alaihi Salaam) said, �Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:� (Luke: 12-51)

All the best.

Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2016 at 8:01am
Originally posted by syed_z syed_z wrote:

Saved,Please learn your own scriptures before you come here to preach us.The thirty-fourth verse of the tenth chapter of Matthew quotes Isa (alaihi Salaam) as having said, �Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.� (Matt: 1034)
I know my Scriptures. And what your refer to as preaching is to dispel your misconceptions of the gospel and you have many.
The sword Jesus is talking about is the sword of the spirit (The Word of God) It is written the word of God is quick and powerful sharper than any two edged sword piercing to the dividing of the body and the soul and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Google it bro. When did you ever hear of Jesus having an actual steel sword in his hand?

It is written in the fifty-first verse of the twelfth chapter of Luke that Isa (alaihi Salaam) said, �Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:� (Luke: 12-51) All the best.
That is right. When someone is living a lie and hears the truth, it upsets the false peace and sense of security they have. They will have to make a decision that breaks up families and friends most of the times.

If you want to understand the intents of the gospel listen to me, and you can learn a lot. With all due respect, you should be more quick to listen than to speak bro.

PBUY,
Saved

Edited by Saved - 20 November 2016 at 10:43am
2Acts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Acts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2016 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by Ceo3 Ceo3 wrote:

Going back to about 700AD there is proof via discovered Quranic script that what we have today is exactly the same. Also non muslim historians prove that Muhammad SAW did speak the words.

Now criticisms of Quran are from the mouth of Muhammad SAW up until when it was written down. There were 100s of companions who memorised the Quran and they come together to collate into book form.

Some doubt this method, however today their are millions in the world who have memorised the Quran all 6000 plus verses in order, from 6 yrs old. You can take one from Malaysia, to Egypt to England to USA and they will all recite the same. No other book ever has been on such a large scale been commited to memory.

In 1972 a large number of ancient Quranic manuscripts, dating from first century of Hijra were discovered in the Great Mosque of Sana�a (Yemen), which significantly differs from the present standard one.
This challenges the orthodox Muslim belief that the Quran, as it has reached us today, is �the perfect, timeless, and unchanging Word of God�. It means the Quran has been distorted, perverted, revised, modified and corrected, and textual alterations had taken place over the years purely by Human hands.

Millions have memorised the Quran. Really !Which Quran ? The original one or the changed one ? Muslims willnever know because Uthman destroyed the originals !
2Acts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Acts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2016 at 11:50pm

Jesus tells us in so many ways doing to people the evil they do to you will only make the world blind and lame. We are to love our enemies and pray for those that use and abuse us. There is no other better way; that is the truth that trumps falsehood.

Regards,
Saved
Saved,Please learn your own scriptures before you come here to preach us.The thirty-fourth verse of the tenth chapter of Matthew quotes Isa (alaihi Salaam) as having said, �Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.� (Matt: 1034) It is written in the fifty-first verse of the twelfth chapter of Luke that Isa (alaihi Salaam) said, �Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:� (Luke: 12-51) All the best.

It is obvious Jesus was talking figuratively. He was simply saying his message would bring division. He was not and never did advocate violence. Unlike Mohamad. There are dozens of verses in the Quran that advocate violence.
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2016 at 10:16am
Originally posted by 2Acts 2Acts wrote:

It is obvious Jesus was talking figuratively. He was simply saying his message would bring division. He was not and never did advocate violence. Unlike Mohamad. There are dozens of verses in the Quran that advocate violence.
Yes, Jesus obviously was speaking figuratively, but I was unsuccessful in getting him to see this!

Edited by Saved - 22 November 2016 at 10:16am
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2016 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by 2Acts 2Acts wrote:

In 1972 a large number of ancient Quranic manuscripts, dating from first century of Hijra were discovered in the Great Mosque of Sana�a (Yemen), which significantly differs from the present standard one.
This challenges the orthodox Muslim belief that the Quran, as it has reached us today, is �the perfect, timeless, and unchanging Word of God�. It means the Quran has been distorted, perverted, revised, modified and corrected, and textual alterations had taken place over the years purely by Human hands.

Millions have memorised the Quran. Really !Which Quran ? The original one or the changed one ? Muslims willnever know because Uthman destroyed the originals !
Ceo3 is not 100% correct he states "Going back to about 700AD there is proof via discovered Quranic script that what we have today is exactly the same and No other book ever has been on such a large scale been commited to memory."
If that is the case, why didn't Uthman depend on memory when he recompiled the Qurans he had burned. He used Hafsa's copy (the help of text not memory) afterwards her was destroyed (after her death).

I don't see any evidence that the Qurans they use today trace directly back to Muhammad accept for the final copy Hafsa had that was destroyed and the one you speak of in Yemen.

I do believe you are correct that is an older copy found that doesn't resemble perfectly the one Muslims use today. I understand that if there is one discrepancy in the Quran it renders all of it useless.

My question is who gave Uthman the divine mandate to put the Quran to writing? Quran means recite not write; who made Uthman Muhammad's successor and Allah's editor in chief?

I believe the copy Hafsa had was very different from the one he recompiled, and he destroyed the evidence so one one would be the wiser. We don't have it to compare and contrast, and the Turkish government won't let anyone carefully examine the oldest Quran found to compare and contrast to the one they use now. This sounds like a man controlled endeavor that has gone on for centuries IMHO.

PBUY
Saved

Edited by Saved - 22 November 2016 at 3:02pm
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2016 at 12:09pm

Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Dear Saved,

I agree with you that we should love our enemies and pray for those who use and abuse us.
Allah said in the Quran 28:77

"And do good to mankind as Allah has been good to you. And do not do mischief on earth, Allah does not like those who do mischief. "

I don't dare to oppose Allah, even I only fear to Allah.

Regards,
Asep
Dear Asep:

You are agreeing with the gospel. Quran 28: 77 doesn't state to do good to those that abuse you. The verse you quoted however is very general, because most people do good to those that do good to them. What reward is there in that as Jesus asked?

The reward from God is when you do good to those that don't do good to you, hate you or can't do good for you. So,(Quran 28:77) is not in clear support of the gospel, my comment, or what you are agreeing with. Do you realize this?

Remember, Jesus said love your enemies; that Quran verse is general, because Allah's love in the Quran is conditional, and the love of God in the gospel is not conditional love. I don't see that Quran verse agreeing with the gospel or what I posted and yet you agree with me. That is interesting to say the least.

We should owe no man anything but our love. The verse you quoted fails to express that. I believe you know I am speaking truth. What you do with that truth is up to you. May you come to the knowledge of truth that leads to paradise since you do appear to me to be still searching for the best knowledge.

PBUY,
Saved

Dear Saved,

You said:
------------------------------------------------------
The verse you quoted however is very general, because most people do good to those that do good to them. What reward is there in that as Jesus asked?
Yes, indeed I quoted it is common because the Quran was revealed for all era, even until the Day of Judgment. Quran was revealed as a warning to the whole of nature (Quran 68:52), and so the prophet Muhammad, he was sent to all mankind (Quran 34:28), not for one community only, even he as a mercy to all the world (Quran 21: 107).

And you said:
So,(Quran 28:77) is not in clear support of the gospel, my comment, or what you are agreeing with. Do you realize this?
Yes, I am very aware, and I just agreed that we should do good to all humans, even to all creatures other than humans, except what is mentioned in the Quran 60:8.

And you said:
that Quran verse is general, because Allah's love in the Quran is conditional, and the love of God in the gospel is not conditional love.
Yes like that, everything that God created was not in vain, certainly all be useful as in His word. Allah created heaven and hell, is reserved to those who faithfully execute His commands and for those who don't run His commands. That's why the love of Allah in the Quran is conditional. Here I would like to ask, who created heaven and hell? and then for whom heaven and hell?

And you said:
I believe you know I am speaking truth. What you do with that truth is up to you. May you come to the knowledge of truth that leads to paradise since you do appear to me to be still searching for the best knowledge.
Yes, the way we look in the understanding of truth is different, we can only explain the truth in accordance with our respective beliefs, and shouldn't impose one another.

Regards,
Asep
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 19>
  Share Topic