IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - i believe Quran and Bible  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

i believe Quran and Bible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 19>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2016 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

...Allah lifted him) meaning that Jesus was appointed by Allah to be saved from murder conspiracy.
Why did Allah appoint him to be saved from crucifixion?
How is that the best of plans or how is it a better plan then Jesus came and died to take the punishment of our sins; so, he can reconcile God's creation back to himself. The first Adam brought death and the last Adam (Jesus)brings life

Jesus predicted his own death twice in Matthew 17; BTW, that is where the original story of Jesus' virgin birth was found. All other sources are secondary to the gospel.

Edited by Saved - 13 November 2016 at 11:25am
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 6:53am
Likewise, Asep. When we politely discuss religion with mutual humility, we praise God and honor each other.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 4:03pm
yes David, I agree with you.

Regards,
Asep
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 6:27pm
Being polite and discussion with humility is a good thing, but when we speak truth it will sometimes if not always come across as rude to those in deception. The Scriptures state that faithful are the wounds of a friend, but the kisses of the enemy are deceitful. Jesus said, "Beware when all men speak well of you." Jesus came across as rude, arrogant and proud many times to the religions rulers and unbelievers, but He was a righteous faithful witness and the perfect example to follow.

Edited by Saved - 15 November 2016 at 10:00am
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2016 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Saved Saved wrote:

The Gospel is the good news that because of Jesus all mankind can have eternal life. This means everyone, including Muslims.
The gospel is the good news, but not everyone will benefit from it.

The Gospel is the good news that Jesus opened up new dimensions in the relationship between God and mankind...

Dear Saved,

I didn't write like the above sentence, that is from David C. Thanks.

Regards,
Asep
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2016 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Saved Saved wrote:

Being polite and discussion with humility is a good thing, but when we speak truth it will sometimes if not always come across as rude to those in deception. The Scriptures state that faithful are the wounds of a friend, but the kisses of the enemy are deceitful. Jesus said, "Beware when all men speak well of you." Jesus came across as rude, arrogant and proud many times to the religions rulers and unbelievers, but He was a righteous faithful witness and the perfect example to follow.

Dear Saved,

Yes, you are right, but for me is more than that, my attitude should still be polite to anyone although I am explaining about the truth. (Quran 16:125)

Regards,
Asep
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2016 at 6:47pm

Dear Saved,

Yes, you are right, but for me is more than that, my attitude should still be polite to anyone although I am explaining about the truth. (Quran 16:125)

Regards,
Asep
Dear Asep:

Yes, you see to me honestly this appears to be another imperfect borrowing of the Scripture that came before along with the virgin birth of Jesus and that God sends deception that unbelievers might continue to believe lies over truth.

FYI, with all due respect, the gospel states that we owe not only to be polite but our love to all people; in fact, we are to love even our enemies.

The next verse in the Quran 16; 126 is just another way of saying an eye for an eye and tooth for tooth which is first and original to the Scripture that came before.

Jesus tells us in so many ways doing to people the evil they do to you will only make the world blind and lame. We are to love our enemies and pray for those that use and abuse us. There is no other better way; that is the truth that trumps falsehood.

It is written beware, lest you also be found to be fighting against God. Acts 5:39

Regards,
Saved

Edited by Saved - 16 November 2016 at 7:02pm
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2016 at 5:55pm
Dear Saved,

I agree with you that we should love our enemies and pray for those who use and abuse us.
Allah said in the Quran 28:77

"And do good to mankind as Allah has been good to you. And do not do mischief on earth, Allah does not like those who do mischief. "

I don't dare to oppose Allah, even I only fear to Allah.

Regards,
Asep
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 19>
  Share Topic