IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - i believe Quran and Bible  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

i believe Quran and Bible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2016 at 10:07am
Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

>>As far as I know that Jesus did not carry a sword and never used the sword to anyone.<<

Correct. No evidence of Jesus ever carrying a sword. He did tell His disciples they should buy swords just before he was arrested (rushed right now; sorry, no reference). Context makes this a prediction of their coming scattering and flight, and everything argues against their being used as implements of aggression.
I believe the swords were only to bring about the fulfillment of prophecy. For example, the authorities wouldn't think of using lethal force on a leader unless his followers were armed. There is no way Jesus advocated violence in any form. So we agree here.
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2016 at 11:46am
Originally posted by airmano airmano wrote:

Ah, and one anecdote about him is particularly telling:
Hart organized a conference held in Baltimore in 2009 with the title, Preserving Western Civilization. It was billed as addressing the need to defend "America's Judeo-Christian heritage and European identity" from immigrants, Muslims(!), and African Americans.
Hart seems like a silver tongued racist to me. He states Muhammad is the most influential person in history, but when I compare and contrast just what the apostle Paul said, wrote and did not to mention Jesus; I would vote that Paul has been the most influential next to Christ. Don't get this wrong, no one can deny that Muhammad has been very influential in the World, but saying the most influential, doesn't ring true to me unless you narrow it down to certain places in the Middle East
This guy Hart wanted to make some money; so, he found a topic and statement that would put him in the venue he wanted to be in with Muslim whom he is making a great deal of his money from.

Edited by Saved - 13 December 2016 at 11:57am
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2016 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Saved Saved wrote:

Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

You said: �Who are you suppose to model?�
My model is Muhammad, because he is the most suitable to be a model in the face of today's life and so on.

Regards,
Asep
So, you'd have no problem marrying a child?
Muhammad might be suitable for you and as your prophet, but I don't see how that makes him a suitable universal prophet for the world; since most of the world frowns on child marriage. Jesus didn't have this problem and many wanted him dead and they finally succeeded only to find out they won a battle but lost the war on deception

Dear Saved,

Maybe you should know in advance about the history of why Muhammad married with a child, after that, there will appear a conclusion.

I idolized him because the main qualities he has, namely: Siddiq (Honestly), Amanah (trustful), fathanah (intelligent), and Tabligh (submit).
If the 4 things above are described one by one, it'll be quite long.

Regards,
Asep
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2016 at 8:01am

You said: �Who are you suppose to model?�
My model is Muhammad, because he is the most suitable to be a model in the face of today's life and so on.

Regards,
Asep
So, you'd have no problem marrying a child?
Muhammad might be suitable for you and as your prophet, but I don't see how that makes him a suitable universal prophet for the world; since most of the world frowns on child marriage. Jesus didn't have this problem and many wanted him dead and they finally succeeded only to find out they won a battle but lost the war on deception

Dear Saved,

Maybe you should know in advance about the history of why Muhammad married with a child, after that, there will appear a conclusion.

I idolized him because the main qualities he has, namely: Siddiq (Honestly), Amanah (trustful), fathanah (intelligent), and Tabligh (submit).
If the 4 things above are described one by one, it'll be quite long.

Regards,
Asep
idolizing anyone other than God is idolatry which is a sin against Allah. I have responded to this but it didn't make past Mod approval I think.
2Acts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Acts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2016 at 12:16pm

Yes like that, everything that God created was not in vain, certainly all be useful as in His word. Allah created heaven and hell, is reserved to those who faithfully execute His commands and for those who don't run His commands. That's why the love of Allah in the Quran is conditional. Here I would like to ask, who created heaven and hell? and then for whom heaven and hell?
But who is able to execute his commands faithfully? The gospel states no one is able to keep the law, and those that live by it will be judged by it or the fact that they didn't keep it perfectly. Remember God is also just. If you break the law in your country don't you get punished for it? We do in America. God's two greatest laws is to love Him with all our being and our neighbor as ourselves, but we cannot do that without God's grace and we can only be justified by faith otherwise God doesn't get the glory and man does. If we earn salvation by keeping the law we can take some credit for it and get the glory. it is not what man does that counts but only what God does through you. That is the message of the gospel.

Yes, the way we look in the understanding of truth is different, we can only explain the truth in accordance with our respective beliefs, and shouldn't impose one another.

Regards,
Asep
Of course I know we see things from our respective beliefs and I respect that, but that doesn't mean we cannot call things as we see them. I also agree with you that we shouldn't impose on one another, but that shouldn't stop us from witnessing truth that may be interpreted as imposing. That is where the sword Jesus spoke of comes in.

With all due respect to you and your religion. Let me ask you a few questions since you are trying to convince me that the gospel can be interpreted as promoting violence, and I'll rest my case. Did Jesus carry a sword? Did Jesus use a sword on anyone? Did Muhammad carry a sword? Did he use it on anyone? Did Jesus love his enemies? Did Muhammad love his enemies?
We are suppose to model and be like Jesus. Who are you suppose to model?

PBUY,
Saved

I think a model like Jesus would be suitable for his followers when Jesus was on earth, because at the time of Jesus, there were no openly fought him with swords etc., In contrast to the time of Muhammad, there were many who want to kill him and even to wipe his teachings by fighting Muhammad and his followers (the situation is different).

This is not correct. During the time of Jesus his people (The Jewish nation of Israel) were being violently oppressed by Rome. Many friends of Jesus wanted violent revolution. And Jesus was openly fought against by the sword and violence. He was taken and killed by force - by the sword.
2Acts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Acts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2016 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by ovibos ovibos wrote:

Originally posted by 2Acts 2Acts wrote:

�The Quaran is clear it says the Bible is the Word of God. S. 19.30, S. 5:46, S. 57:27, S. 5:46.
The verses above talk about the Gospel (or Injil), not the Christian Bible (from Genesis to Revelation).Which Gospel does Quran talk about? Are they the canonical gospels? No!I believe that the gospel that Quran mentions is the original gospel, maybe it's the Lost Gospel Q, or maybe it's the Hebrew Matthew which Jerome called it as "matthaei authenticum".FYI, according to ahadith from Bukhari, Waraqa ibn Naufal - the uncle of the Prophet's wife, did translate a gospel from hebrew to arabic.

Canonical Gospels ? Actually YES ! The four canon Gospels of Mathew, Mark, Luke and John were established canon Gospels before Mohamad was even born. Mohamad either knew this � so commands you to believe them. Or else he was confused and ignorant of the �People of the Book� and the Injil. Which one ?
You seem very certain as to what the lost "Q" Gospels says which is amusing considering Q is only a theory and even if it is a lost gospel which no one has ever seen - how can you be so certain ?

Edited by 2Acts - 20 December 2016 at 12:42pm
2Acts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Acts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2016 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Ceo3 Ceo3 wrote:

Going back to about 700AD there is proof via discovered Quranic script that what we have today is exactly the same. Also non muslim historians prove that Muhammad SAW did speak the words.

Now criticisms of Quran are from the mouth of Muhammad SAW up until when it was written down. There were 100s of companions who memorised the Quran and they come together to collate into book form.

Some doubt this method, however today their are millions in the world who have memorised the Quran all 6000 plus verses in order, from 6 yrs old. You can take one from Malaysia, to Egypt to England to USA and they will all recite the same. No other book ever has been on such a large scale been commited to memory.

In 1972 a large number of ancient Quranic manuscripts, dating from first century of Hijra were discovered in the Great Mosque of Sana�a (Yemen), which significantly differs from the present standard one.
This challenges the orthodox Muslim belief that the Quran, as it has reached us today, is �the perfect, timeless, and unchanging Word of God�. It means the Quran has been distorted, perverted, revised, modified and corrected, and textual alterations had taken place over the years purely by Human hands.

Millions have memorised the Quran. Really !Which Quran ? The original one or the changed one ? Muslims willnever know because Uthman destroyed the originals !

Like a drowning man clutching on straws, your retort if not anything offered some amuzement.

How have these manuscripts differed? Is it the grammatical content, writing style or is each word still the same as per 1400 years ago? Kindly check your facts.

Millions have memorised 1 Quran, and one can only memorise from a teacher which links back to beginning of Islam.

So we have 2 solid methods of having preserved the Quran. Can the followers of Bible and Torah make the same assertion? Surely you must concede Quran better chance of preservation than other books. Also Islam came when there were better writing instruments and the full light of history was shining.

The truth hurts! You want proof? Ok.Many of the manuscripts showed the sign of palimpsests, i.e., versions very clearly written over even earlier washed off versions. Research suggests that the Sana�a manuscripts are not only variants to the present version of the Quran, but the Sana�a manuscripts themselves were variants of earlier version, re-written on the same paper. It means, Allah�s claim that original text is preserved in heaven on golden tablets (Q 56: 77�78; 85:21�22), which none can touch except angels is also a fairy-tale.
The Arabic scholar Puin's other radical theory is that pre-Islamic sources have entered the Quran.
The Arabic sholar Wansbrough�s concluded that the Quran evolved only gradually in the seventh and eighth centuries after a long period of oral transmissions.
You say millions have memorised the Quran. What Quran ? You have no original. The Sanaa Quran is the oldest and it proves the Quran you are all memorising is not reliable.

And actually the Bible is the most validated of all ancient writings. More ancient copies exist than any other ancient writing, for example the Roman history of Julius Caesar, and others. Plus these copies cover a huge and wide geographic area that prevents them from being gathered together and falsified.
Ceo3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceo3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2016 at 7:57pm

Going back to about 700AD there is proof via discovered Quranic script that what we have today is exactly the same. Also non muslim historians prove that Muhammad SAW did speak the words.

Now criticisms of Quran are from the mouth of Muhammad SAW up until when it was written down. There were 100s of companions who memorised the Quran and they come together to collate into book form.

Some doubt this method, however today their are millions in the world who have memorised the Quran all 6000 plus verses in order, from 6 yrs old. You can take one from Malaysia, to Egypt to England to USA and they will all recite the same. No other book ever has been on such a large scale been commited to memory.

In 1972 a large number of ancient Quranic manuscripts, dating from first century of Hijra were discovered in the Great Mosque of Sana�a (Yemen), which significantly differs from the present standard one.
This challenges the orthodox Muslim belief that the Quran, as it has reached us today, is �the perfect, timeless, and unchanging Word of God�. It means the Quran has been distorted, perverted, revised, modified and corrected, and textual alterations had taken place over the years purely by Human hands.

Millions have memorised the Quran. Really !Which Quran ? The original one or the changed one ? Muslims willnever know because Uthman destroyed the originals !

Like a drowning man clutching on straws, your retort if not anything offered some amuzement.

How have these manuscripts differed? Is it the grammatical content, writing style or is each word still the same as per 1400 years ago? Kindly check your facts.

Millions have memorised 1 Quran, and one can only memorise from a teacher which links back to beginning of Islam.

So we have 2 solid methods of having preserved the Quran. Can the followers of Bible and Torah make the same assertion? Surely you must concede Quran better chance of preservation than other books. Also Islam came when there were better writing instruments and the full light of history was shining.

The truth hurts! You want proof? Ok.Many of the manuscripts showed the sign of palimpsests, i.e., versions very clearly written over even earlier washed off versions. Research suggests that the Sana�a manuscripts are not only variants to the present version of the Quran, but the Sana�a manuscripts themselves were variants of earlier version, re-written on the same paper. It means, Allah�s claim that original text is preserved in heaven on golden tablets (Q 56: 77�78; 85:21�22), which none can touch except angels is also a fairy-tale.
The Arabic scholar Puin's other radical theory is that pre-Islamic sources have entered the Quran.
The Arabic sholar Wansbrough�s concluded that the Quran evolved only gradually in the seventh and eighth centuries after a long period of oral transmissions.
You say millions have memorised the Quran. What Quran ? You have no original. The Sanaa Quran is the oldest and it proves the Quran you are all memorising is not reliable.

And actually the Bible is the most validated of all ancient writings. More ancient copies exist than any other ancient writing, for example the Roman history of Julius Caesar, and others. Plus these copies cover a huge and wide geographic area that prevents them from being gathered together and falsified.

In which language was the bible revealed? Or better still what language was it written down by Constantinople 300 yrs after Jesus AS? The Quran and there is no doubt about this was revealed in original Quranic Arabic, written down and still today same words (you need to have studied Arabic to understand significance of this) after about 10yrs of death of Rasullulah SAW. If you say versions washed off and rewritten, wouldnt you need previous version to ascertain difference?

And research by whom? You quote a theory, which is just that and 1 other, where the proof of authenticity by non muslim historians alone are countless. How many have memorised the bible word for word, even if as u say Quran not valid, you have to admit that a 6 yr old that can quote any verse in the Quran at will is amazing?

It was the Romans, who persecuted the christians beforehand, who compiled the bible not the original christians and before that unknown who was in charge. Qurans collation was always in hands of original muslims whose characters were par excellance.In the process the romans, included aspects of zeus and their pagan superstitions into the bible to suit their ideals. Did you know the first mention of trinity was only in the reign of Constantine, when he had to choose which of the different christian sects to support?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>
  Share Topic