IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 13:15  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

13:15

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 13:15
    Posted: 19 November 2016 at 6:58am
Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Dear saved,

Yes, in this case we have the same understanding.
not only that, but everything that Allah created in this universe prostrating to Him, but we have limitations to see how they prostrate to Allah.

Regards,
Asep
Yes, I am in agreement here as well. There is no problem in where we agree; the concern is where we disagree, because those are the essentials to both our belief systems, but where we agree is not essential.

Edited by Saved - 19 November 2016 at 7:01am
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2016 at 12:04am
Dear saved,

Yes, in this case we have the same understanding.
not only that, but everything that Allah created in this universe prostrating to Him, but we have limitations to see how they prostrate to Allah.

Regards,
Asep
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2016 at 12:04am

In this case, we have the same understanding.

Regards,
Asep
Wow, you agree; then I must be wrong??? LOL, Just joking that is good; we do have the same understanding there.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2016 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Saved Saved wrote:

I believe in word of Allah that they prostrate to Allah, but I don't know how they prostrate to Allah.

This makes sense to me. The Scriptures that came before claim Jesus is the Word of God and He worshiped God Jn. 1. So there you have the Word of God prostrating before Him as a person along with His shadow.

Dear Saved,

In this case, we have the same understanding.

Regards,
Asep
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2016 at 10:43am
Originally posted by airmano airmano wrote:

The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
Einstein stated in his final letter: "I am not an atheist." What is your excuse?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_and_philosophical_views_of_Albert_Einstein

Edited by Saved - 15 November 2016 at 10:45am
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2016 at 10:41am

I believe in word of Allah that they prostrate to Allah, but I don't know how they prostrate to Allah.

This makes sense to me. The Scriptures that came before claim Jesus is the Word of God and He worshiped God Jn. 1. So there you have the Word of God prostrating before Him as a person along with His shadow.

Edited by Saved - 15 November 2016 at 10:47am
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2016 at 6:57pm
Dear Airmano,

For me, you want to believe it or not it's your choice, and I would not impose it, but I believe that the Torah, the Psalms, the Gospels and the Quran are the books that came from God.

Almost all the people in this world believe that the universe is not likely to happen by itself, it's sufficient to prove the existence of a great power that is able to make it, and for those who have religions call Him "God," and believe in God then they will believe in His revelations written in the books. And things that make me believe they "Prostration" because God himself told us that they prostrate, I don't say it, but we don't know how they prostrate.

Likewise your claim about "celestial teapot", we do not know whether humanity can prove it or not by science, but it could have been revealed by mankind because God has told mankind to penetrate the end of heavens and the earth as mentioned through His Word, now mankind have found the core of the earth while the end of heavens have yet discovered.

God said as it means there is a sign for mankind to be able to do it, in contrast to His other creations like "the hereafter", God didn't tell us to explore it because it'll be found by the only one way, that is death.
Science is man's attempt to understand the universe via research and analysis that are fragmentary, but it doesn't make mankind itself to be better in front of God, whereas religion is a message given by God in addition to help in identifying who created the universe (God) and also provide information support to the human beings, what can be explored by mankind, and what can't be explored by human beings in this universe.

Einstein argued about the atomic nucleus:
"For example, when a few years ago, when we haven't been able to prove the existence of an atomic nucleus, if we carelessly infer that atomic nucleus doesn't exist, then in today's perspective, we wouldn't have done a very big mistake?"

Einstein also said:
"Some people views that religion is not in line with scientific truth. I am a science researcher, I am very aware that today science can only prove the existence of an object, but can�t prove lack of circumstances of an object. Therefore, if we still can�t prove the existence of certain objects, we can�t conclude that the object isn't there. "

Einstein also argued:
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind".

There are two points here:
1. The importance of religion to science.
2. The importance of science to prove the truth of religion.

They are complementary.

Regards,
Asep

airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2016 at 2:31am
Quote Asep:
Yes, the Quran is true, because I believe in the such book, on the contrary, you'll believe in the book that you believe
Actually, I do not "believe" in any books, and "holy books" are the worst in my eyes.
The trick with holy books is, that by declaring them "holy" [= above any doubt], one forbids critical questioning about them.

In this case [prostration] this very mechanism becomes all too visible.

We all do know -and so do you(!)- that shadows do not prostrate, nor do stones, animals or anything else that is non-human. Instead of seeing and accepting the obvious, the vague principle of "one day we may see" is held up.
(In a weak attempt to make the Quran look true in this respect).

It is like me claiming: One day our telescopes will be strong enough to detect the "celestial teapot"

Absolutely the same logic:   Airmano

Edited by airmano - 30 September 2016 at 2:48am
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic