IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - WHO IS THE COMFORTER?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WHO IS THE COMFORTER?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2015 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Peace maker Peace maker wrote:

But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death. You may say to yourselves, 'How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the LORD?' If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him." Deuteronomy 18:20-22

This is in fact a false prophecy.

The Romans have been defeated. In the nearest land Syria Iraq Jordan, and Palestine), and they, after their defeat, will be victorious. Within three to nine years. The decision of the matter, before and after (these event) is only with Allah, (before the defeat of the Romans by the Persians, and after the defeat of the Persians by the Romans). And on that day, the believers (Muslim) will rejoice (at the victory given by Allah to the Romans against the Persian). (N.Q.30:2-4)

The Persians defeated the Byzantines and captured Jerusalem at about A.D. 614 or 615. The Byzantine counter-offensive did not begin until A.D. 622 and the victory was not complete until A.D. 628, making it a period between thirteen to fourteen years, not "a few years" alluded to in the Quran

Rome's complete victory at 630 A.D., fifteen to sixteen years after the so-called prophecy was given!

the defeat of the Byzantines in Syria by the Persians under Khusran Parvis. (A.D. 615 - 6 years before the Hegira). However, the defeat of the Persians should take place soon 'in a small number of years'. In the light of this prediction, Abu-Bakr undertook a bet with Ubai-ibn-Khalaf that this prediction would be fulfilled within three years, but he was corrected by Mohammed who stated that the 'small number' is between three and nine years (Al-Baizawi). Muslims tell us that the Byzantines overcame their enemies within seven years. The fact, however, is that the Byzantines defeated Persia in A.D. 628  That was twelve years after the prediction of Mohammed

Peace maker, I don't have the time to look up the timing that you have given to prove the prophecy half correct, the fact is they were defeated.  But the timing has nothing to do with why I have reply with that history. I was replying to your contention on the "second angel".

Zainoo read the whole chapter not just 2 verses to make up your own validations and predictions there were more than one angel.

Those faithful to Christ celebrate the praises of God. (1-5) Three angels; one proclaiming the everlasting gospel; another, the downfal of Babylon; and a third, the dreadful wrath of God on the worshippers of the beast.

You looking for straw to refute me? I haven given you a wealth of information to prove my contention, pleaseee refute just "ONLY" ONE point.

Br. zainool

LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL...NO MORE LIES!
Peace maker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace maker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2015 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by truthnowcome truthnowcome wrote:

But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death. You may say to yourselves, 'How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the LORD?' If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him." Deuteronomy 18:20-22

The Romans have been defeated. In the nearest land Syria Iraq Jordan, and Palestine), and they, after their defeat, will be victorious. Within three to nine years. The decision of the matter, before and after (these event) is only with Allah, (before the defeat of the Romans by the Persians, and after the defeat of the Persians by the Romans). And on that day, the believers (Muslim) will rejoice (at the victory given by Allah to the Romans against the Persian). (N.Q.30:2-4)

The Persians defeated the Byzantines and captured Jerusalem at about A.D. 614 or 615. The Byzantine counter-offensive did not begin until A.D. 622 and the victory was not complete until A.D. 628, making it a period between thirteen to fourteen years, not "a few years" alluded to in the Quran

Rome's complete victory at 630 A.D., fifteen to sixteen years after the so-called prophecy was given!

the defeat of the Byzantines in Syria by the Persians under Khusran Parvis. (A.D. 615 - 6 years before the Hegira). However, the defeat of the Persians should take place soon 'in a small number of years'. In the light of this prediction, Abu-Bakr undertook a bet with Ubai-ibn-Khalaf that this prediction would be fulfilled within three years, but he was corrected by Mohammed who stated that the 'small number' is between three and nine years (Al-Baizawi). Muslims tell us that the Byzantines overcame their enemies within seven years. The fact, however, is that the Byzantines defeated Persia in A.D. 628  That was twelve years after the prediction of Mohammed

Peace maker, I don't have the time to look up the timing that you have given to prove the prophecy half correct, the fact is they were defeated.  But the timing has nothing to do with why I have reply with that history. I was replying to your contention on the "second angel".

Zainoo read the whole chapter not just 2 verses to make up your own validations and predictions there were more than one angel.

Those faithful to Christ celebrate the praises of God. (1-5) Three angels; one proclaiming the everlasting gospel; another, the downfal of Babylon; and a third, the dreadful wrath of God on the worshippers of the beast.

You looking for straw to refute me? I haven given you a wealth of information to prove my contention, pleaseee refute just "ONLY" ONE point.

Br. zainool

You post stacks of stacks information from the corrupt bible to claim your false prophecies about Muhammad that he is the so called comforter that Jesus has promise his deciples I will refute you time and time again you want to tell me that Muhammed is last and final prophet Allah but I dont think so Allah didn't even know him cause there was no Allah and Muhammad didn't even knew a word wat was writen in the Quran if you can think logically he couldn't read or write is that clear.
I wonder if you even know what is going on in the Quran and the Hadiths, Do absorb what you read ? or do just take everything for granted what is writen in the Quran and the Hadiths ? .
You can not make up your mind was Muhammad the so called prophet that God promised to Isreal or is he the so called comforter that Jesus promise his deciples or was he the so called spirit of truth.

Even Yusuf Ali, a translator of the Koran into English makes this comment:

"In their misguided arrogance they say, 'We have heard such things before: they are pretty tales which have come down from ancient times: they are good for amusement, but who takes them seriously? The answer is that the Qur'an teaches spiritual knowledge of what is ordinarily hidden from men's sight, and such knowledge can only come from God to Whom alone is known the Mystery of the whole Creation.'" [3058-9]

Muslims claim, that a proof the Koran was from God, is that it contains scientifically accurate information about Embryology before man discovered it for himself. However, all the information in the Koran regarding Embryology is copied from three sources, 1. A Greek doctor named Galen, who lived of 150 AD. 2. A Jewish doctor named Samuel ha-Yehudi who lived 150 AD. 3. the Greek father of medicine Hippocrates who lived 400 BC. My question is: in light of the fact that all the information contained in the Koran was already in print by these three doctors, will you retract the argument on Embryology? If not, will you supply one detail revealed in the Koran about Embryology, that was not already revealed or that was new?

truthnowcome View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2017 at 3:17am

I dont have the time to look up that to give you a reply but believe me you is like a straw man.

SPREAD THE TRUTH!

Truth has (now) come, and falsehood perished: for falsehood is (by its nature) bound to perish. (Q. 17:81)

The warning from Allah (S), He said:

�Those who conceal the clear (Signs) We have sent down, and the Guidance, after We have made it clear for the people in the Book,-on them shall be Allah's curse, and the curse of those entitled to curse,� (Q. 2:159)

Those who conceal Allah's revelations in the Book, and purchase for them a miserable profit, - they swallow into themselves naught but Fire; Allah will not address them on the Day of Resurrection. Nor purify them: Grievous will be their penalty. (Q. 2:174)

Br. zainool
2Acts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Acts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2017 at 7:42pm
Mohamad the Counsellor. Nope!
Some of the Muslim scholars claim that Mohammed is the comforter, the Holy Spirit. Can you comment on this? (6:24)

Answer

Dr. Labib: Well, you know, there is a man by the name Ibn Tamima. He was one of the very well known Imam, many, many years ago. And he wrote a very large book. And in his book he said, that Mohammed is a prophet like Moses. The Holy Spirit is a prophecy about Mohammed. He said more than that. In Psalm 84, there is a verse that is saying that people will go in the valley of weeping, and they make it as a source of comfort. You know, in Arabic, the valley of weeping means Bouka. And he said Bouka is Mecca. And the Mecca, this is a prophecy about Islam, about Mohammed. He came to Mecca, and he fulfilled that prophecy.

In one of my books I said, "Come on here, this is no prophecy at all, because the Bible, the psalmist was speaking about people who will pass through the valley of sorrow, of suffering, and through the comfort and the joy of the Lord, will change the weeping and the suffering into joy and peace. And now you go, you come and tell me that this is a prophecy about Mohammed? What is that all about?

Now we come to the comforter of the Holy Spirit. What did Jesus say about that? He said that this comforter is the Spirit. Was Mohammed a spirit? Is one questions. A spirit? "I will send you the spirit of truth." But Mohammed was human, he was not spirit. He was a human being, with a body. Number two, the paraclitus, in the Greek word means 'comforter'. It doesn't mean Mohammed or Ahmed. Nothing like that! Then again, Jesus said to the disciples, "I am going to send to you the comforter, not after many days." Mohammed came after 600 years. How could he be the comforter? Again, He said, "When this comforter will come, he will glorify me." Mohammed didn't glorify Jesus Christ. In fact, he degraded Jesus Christ. And he said, and this is in the Arabic word, In English it is, "The similitude of Jesus is like Adam. He created him from the dust, and He said to him, "Be," and he was." He degraded Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God.

So, to say that the comforter, the Holy Spirit, who came to magnify, and to glorify Jesus Christ is Mohammed. And then Jesus said about the Holy Spirit, "He will remind you of all what I have said to you." Listen, without the Holy Spirit? How could the gospel will be written? Who could memorize the whole sermon on the Mount? But the Holy Spirit brought all the sermon of the Mount to the mind of Matthew, and he wrote it word by word. You see, and he reminded the disciples of all the sayings of Jesus Christ, of all the miracles of Jesus Christ. And they wrote it word by word. Why? Because there was the element of the Holy Spirit. Did Mohammed do that? Mohammed didn't do that. Mohammed distorted the Bible. He distorted the Bible all together. So Mohammed is not the Holy Spirit, and to say that he is the Holy Spirit, well, it is just to say something not in the Bible.

Why do the, Muslim clerics want to refer to the Bible to find something about Mohammed there, while they are saying that the Bible was corrupted? If the Bible was corrupted, why are you searching for a verse here, and a verse there, referring to Mohammed? They say the "Bible is corrupted! Leave it alone!" But with their saying that the Bible was fabricated, was corrupted, they are really dying to find a verse here, or a verse there to speak about Mohammed.You know, you go to Isaiah Chapter 42, when he speaks about the servant of the Lord, and they said that the servant of the Lord is Mohammed. Come on here, what are you talking about? Matthew said that this same prophecy was fulfilled to the letter, in Jesus Christ. How can you come and say this verse is concerning Mohammed?

So we just forget about that illusion, that the comforter was Mohammed. Mohammed was not the Holy Spirit!
Peace maker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace maker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2017 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by 2Acts 2Acts wrote:

Some of the Muslim scholars claim that Mohammed is the comforter, the Holy Spirit. Can you comment on this? (6:24)

Answer

Dr. Labib: Well, you know, there is a man by the name Ibn Tamima. He was one of the very well known Imam, many, many years ago. And he wrote a very large book. And in his book he said, that Mohammed is a prophet like Moses. The Holy Spirit is a prophecy about Mohammed. He said more than that. In Psalm 84, there is a verse that is saying that people will go in the valley of weeping, and they make it as a source of comfort. You know, in Arabic, the valley of weeping means Bouka. And he said Bouka is Mecca. And the Mecca, this is a prophecy about Islam, about Mohammed. He came to Mecca, and he fulfilled that prophecy.

In one of my books I said, "Come on here, this is no prophecy at all, because the Bible, the psalmist was speaking about people who will pass through the valley of sorrow, of suffering, and through the comfort and the joy of the Lord, will change the weeping and the suffering into joy and peace. And now you go, you come and tell me that this is a prophecy about Mohammed? What is that all about?

Now we come to the comforter of the Holy Spirit. What did Jesus say about that? He said that this comforter is the Spirit. Was Mohammed a spirit? Is one questions. A spirit? "I will send you the spirit of truth." But Mohammed was human, he was not spirit. He was a human being, with a body. Number two, the paraclitus, in the Greek word means 'comforter'. It doesn't mean Mohammed or Ahmed. Nothing like that! Then again, Jesus said to the disciples, "I am going to send to you the comforter, not after many days." Mohammed came after 600 years. How could he be the comforter? Again, He said, "When this comforter will come, he will glorify me." Mohammed didn't glorify Jesus Christ. In fact, he degraded Jesus Christ. And he said, and this is in the Arabic word, In English it is, "The similitude of Jesus is like Adam. He created him from the dust, and He said to him, "Be," and he was." He degraded Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God.

So, to say that the comforter, the Holy Spirit, who came to magnify, and to glorify Jesus Christ is Mohammed. And then Jesus said about the Holy Spirit, "He will remind you of all what I have said to you." Listen, without the Holy Spirit? How could the gospel will be written? Who could memorize the whole sermon on the Mount? But the Holy Spirit brought all the sermon of the Mount to the mind of Matthew, and he wrote it word by word. You see, and he reminded the disciples of all the sayings of Jesus Christ, of all the miracles of Jesus Christ. And they wrote it word by word. Why? Because there was the element of the Holy Spirit. Did Mohammed do that? Mohammed didn't do that. Mohammed distorted the Bible. He distorted the Bible all together. So Mohammed is not the Holy Spirit, and to say that he is the Holy Spirit, well, it is just to say something not in the Bible.

Why do the, Muslim clerics want to refer to the Bible to find something about Mohammed there, while they are saying that the Bible was corrupted? If the Bible was corrupted, why are you searching for a verse here, and a verse there, referring to Mohammed? They say the "Bible is corrupted! Leave it alone!" But with their saying that the Bible was fabricated, was corrupted, they are really dying to find a verse here, or a verse there to speak about Mohammed.You know, you go to Isaiah Chapter 42, when he speaks about the servant of the Lord, and they said that the servant of the Lord is Mohammed. Come on here, what are you talking about? Matthew said that this same prophecy was fulfilled to the letter, in Jesus Christ. How can you come and say this verse is concerning Mohammed?

So we just forget about that illusion, that the comforter was Mohammed. Mohammed was not the Holy Spirit!

Thats a 100% yes Acts Jesus is the only saviour of man kind.
2Acts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Acts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2017 at 9:36pm
I know. Muslims are desperate to find Mohamad in the Bible. But he is just not there.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2017 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by 2Acts 2Acts wrote:

Peace unto you.

I am not Dr. Labib; and I don't know who is he and don't want to know who is he. 

He I am giving you information on the comforter from your book:

Let�s us look at John 14:16 

��I will pray to the father, and he shall give you another comforter that he may abide with you for ever. even the spirit of truth: whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you and shall be in you. (John14: 16-17)

The Greek word there is Parakleton:

http://classic.studylight.org/lex/grk/

Ye-shua (Jesus) pbuh was a parakleton:

�...we have an �advocate� with the father, Jesus Christ the righteous.� (1John.2: 1)

The Greek word there is also �Parakleton�.

Notice above in John 14:16 the �another Comforter� there, the Greek word is �Parakleton� and in 1John 2:1 Ye-shua (Jesus) pbuh was also call Comforter the Greek word there is also �Parakleton�; so the �another Parakleton has to be like Jesus (S) because it�s a Person.

Now, let us look at John 14:26 it is mentioned:

�Butt the Comforter which is the Holy Ghost...� (John14: 26)

The Greek word used there is �paracletov� instead of �Parakleton� which also translated as �comforter, advocate, etc.� so we have now Ye-shua (Jesus) pbuh as a comforter (Parakleton) and the holy spirit as the comforter (Parakletov), both were call comforter so we arrive with two now called comforter, man and spirit.  

After said that, now, let�s look at john14: 16-17. Ye-shua (Jesus) pbuh said:

��I will pray to the father, and he shall give you "another" comforter that he may abide with you for ever. even the spirit of truth: whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for �he dwelleth with you and shall be in you.� (John14: 16-17)

In the above verse Jesus (S) make mentioned of both the �another Comforter� who is with the father in heaven and the �Spirit of truth� which dwells with the disciples on earth. 

In that verse, the key word is "another". If something is already with you how can we call it �another� when it is already with you, can we? No! As the verse continues, it read:

�even the spirit of truth: whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you and shall be in you.

You see that? It says:  �for he dwelleth with you� meaning it is already with them; so �another comforter� here is not the �spirit of truth� that is already with them, it is referring to someone that is not there. As I have said before, Jesus (s) himself is a comforter (Parakleton) according 1John 2:1

...We have an �advocate� with the father, Jesus Christ the righteous. (1john.2:1)

He is telling them (the disciples) about another one (Parakleton). What does �another� mean? It cannot be the same thing; it has to be another like the same thing. Jesus (s) is the �first� comforter (Parakleton: 1Jn.2:1); then the �other (Parakleton: Jn.14:16)� the one to follow must be of �like nature� same word used there or we can say, the �another comforter (Parakleton)� like Ye-shua (Jesus) pbuh who is a comforter (Parakleton)�.

So it�s two personalities:

(1) � the one which is yet to come from the father and

(2) � the one that dwells with the disciples. That is the point Christians� commentators were missing.

Another important fact is �where this another comforter (Parakleton) will come from�. Let us shall examine John 14:16-17 and other verses in more details.

Ye-shua (Jesus) pbuh said:

��I will pray to the father, and he shall give you �another comforter��� (John 14:16-17)

They Christian�s commentators miss that very important fact. �This comforter� has to come from the �father�! And who is Ye-shua (Jesus) pbuh Father? He said:

��I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and my God, and your God.� (John 20:16-17 AKJV)

According to him, his Father is OUR GOD and HIS GOD; He has a GOD, he said: �MY GOD AND YOUR GOD.� In other words, the other comforter has to come from God Almighty. Ye-shua (Jesus) pbuh conform it in John 16:7: he said:

�Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is expedient for you that �I go� for if �I go not away�, the comforter will not come unto you, but if �I depart�, I will send him unto you.� (John 16:7)

That would mean the comforter was with the father in heaven and when he goes to the father in heaven then he will send him. We cannot say Jesus (s) will send himself, which is foolish because Jesus (s) is not there with the father in heaven when he was talking to the disciples. The �another comforter� is in heaven with the father, Jesus (s) mentioned it in John 3:13: 

�and no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the son of man which is �in� heaven.� John 3: 13 (kjv)

Jesus (S) was the Son of man �ON� earth and he spoke about �another� Son of man which is �IN� heaven.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Jhn&c=3&t=KJV#s=t_conc_1000013

Now, let us look at John 14:16-17 again, he said:

��I will pray to the father, and he shall give you �another� comforter� even the spirit of truth� but ye know him; for �he dwelleth with you� and shall be in you.

Ye-shua (Jesus) pbuh was talking about �another comforter� who is with the Father in Heaven and when he goes to Heaven then that comforter will comes and also the �Holy Spirit� which was with the disciple on earth (�for he dwelleth with you�).

Br. zainool

Edited by truthnowcome - 13 June 2017 at 11:34pm
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2017 at 11:13pm

THE DISCIPLES KNEW OF HIM 

It was conformed in 1John.4: 1

�Beloved, believes not every spirit, but tries the spirits whether they are of god because many false prophets are gone out into the world.� (1John 4:1)  

Now, let us look at this statement, �believe not every spirit�. How do we �believe�? We cannot believe if we do not listen and heard the spirit, correct? We have to listen and hear the spirit to believe. Now, the verse continues: �but try the spirits whether they are of God� How do we try the Spirit? By questioning him, and that is not my opinion, V.2 conforms it: �2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:�

The Spirit has to �confess� and if he �confesses� that would mean we have to listen to him. Now, let us go back to V.1 it says: �because many false prophets are gone out into the world.�

Why �gone out into the world�? Because, �into the world� you have to go and look! And what you have to look for? It says: �Because many false prophets are gone out.� The opposite of false prophet is what? True Prophet!!!

Conclusion: John is saying, go out into the world and look for a true prophet with the true spirit. And how do we know him? V.2 Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God. The prophet with the true spirit will have to confess that Jesus (s) come in flesh.

Now, that verse (1John 4:1) refute the Christian�s claims in John 16 verses 7 to 13. If you notice in John 16 verse 7 says �Comforter� and verse 13 says �spirit of truth�; so it a �person with the spirit of truth� that is why �HE� is used there to described a person instead of �IT� for Spirit; does spirit speak? (he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak).

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Br. zainool
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic