IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Crucifixion of Jesus  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crucifixion of Jesus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace maker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2014 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

the Bible states that God gave the one known to us as His Son(Yshwe) to die for us and later raised Him to Himself.  I don't why muslims have such a hard time understanding this.  Wink

Even a child would know better than to blindly accept the ramblings of such people.  I guess you don't qualify.  Tongue   

Even a child would know better than to blindly accept the ramblings of a single man with no witnesses.  I guess you don't qualify. Wink

I accept as much more credible, the testimony of many witnesses, told to many people, and in many places, eventually written down in many places, and yet tell the same story,
over the words of one man who says he had a vision in a cave to which there were no witnesses... and one whose own words and actions often change and contradict themselves.

I can understand why many people might tell a story slightly different, yet with the same underlying message...
but a man who contradicts his own self while claiming to be speaking with the words of God?

asalaam,
CH

LOL No, no, dear.  There is no "contradiction" in the message of Islam.  Unlike your Bible, which has contradictions on almost every page, the Quran is consistent. 

Your so-called "witnesses" contradicted each other even in terms of the "message".  The Gospels exhibit a gradual deification of Jesus.  From Mark to John, Jesus is transformed from a man into a god. 

Then there is the contradiction between the Gospels on whether Jesus was sent to the Jews or to the Gentiles.  The Gospels can't even agree on that!       
Show me where there is no contradiction in the Quran

Some Muslims argue, "The Qur'an is the Word of God because the text of the Qur'an has been preserved perfectly." This argument is erroneous for two reasons:
 Factually, the text of the Qur'an has not been preserved perfectly. The text has additions, deletions, conflicting manuscripts, and variant readings like any other ancient writing.
 Logically, it is irrelevant whether the text of the Qur'an has been preserved because preservation does not logically imply inspiration. A book can be perfectly copied without implying its inspiration.The present meaning of a word is irrelevant to what it meant in ancient times. The word "Allah" is a good example. When confronted by the historical evidence that the word was used by pagan Arabs in pre-Islamic times to refer to a high god who was married to the sun-goddess and had three daughters, some Muslims will quote dictionaries, encyclopedias, etc. to prove (sic) that "Allah means God." They are thus using modern definitions to define what the word meant over a thousand years ago! What "Allah" means now has no bearing on what it meant before Muhammad.
When a Muslim says, "Christians and Muslims worship the same God," he is committing the fallacy of equivocation. While Christians worship the Triune God of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, Muslims worship a Unitarian deity. Obviously, they are worshipping different Gods.
 When a Muslim says, "We believe in Jesus too," he is committing the fallacy of equivocation. The "Jesus" of the Qur'an is not the Jesus of the Bible. Islam preaches "another Jesus" (II Cor. 11:4). The Jesus of the Bible is God the Son who died on the cross for our sins. But the "Jesus" of the Qur'an is not God the Son and he did not die on the cross for our sins. Thus it is erroneous for Muslims to tell Christians that they believe in Jesus, too.

Muslim75 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2014 at 12:01pm
------------------------------------------

Edited by Muslim75 - 10 January 2015 at 11:11am
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2014 at 7:11pm
19:33 Peace on me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!
19:34 Such was Jesus, son of Mary: (this is) a statement of the truth concerning which they doubt.

(even Isa in the qur'an... as Muhammad gives it, says He will die and be raised alive, i.e., resurrected)
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Peace maker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace maker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2014 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Muslim75 Muslim75 wrote:

Jesus did not die on the cross, and Jesus did not die for anybody.

There are those wicked ones who spread these outrageous lies about Jesus Christ.

Worship the Jews, if you believe they killed him.

Ask his father about his whereabouts when they killed him, if you believe he was the son of God.

There is one more powerful analogy I see as I look at the three crosses. Jesus is in the middle, at the very center of God's plan for redemption. Who is he? "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me." (John 14:6)

It was only when Muhammad made himself a Prophet everything in the bible was wrong the Quran cotradicts the bible and disproofs everything what the bible said about Jesus.

There was many prophecies and witnesses about Jesus crucifixion even the the two thieves that was crucified with him. 

Isaiah 53:12 says; "Therefore, I will allot Him a portion with the great, and He will divide the booty with the strong; because He poured out Himself to death, and was numbered with the transgressors; yet He Himself bore the sin of many, and interceded for the transgressors."

There are scores of prophecies about the Messiah in the Old Testament. Some refer to his first coming and some refer to his second coming. Every one of them has either been fulfilled or will be when he comes again. Regarding his crucifixion, here are a couple more examples.

Betrayal by a close friend is spoken of in Psalm 41:9; "Even my close friend, in whom I trusted, who ate my bread, has lifted up his heel against me." Judas, one of his intimate circle and called as an apostle, betrayed Jesus to the Jewish government. (See Luke 22:47-48)

Silence in the face of accusations was prophesied in Isaiah 53:7; "He was oppressed and He was afflicted, yet He did not open His mouth; like a lamb that is led to slaughter, and like a sheep that is silent before its shearers, so He did not open His mouth." Mark 15:4 says; "And Pilate was questioning Him again, saying, 'Do You make no answer? See how many charges they bring against You!' But Jesus made no further answer; so that Pilate was amazed."

One final example is that the Messiah would suffer no broken bones. "He keeps all his bones; not one of them is broken." (Psalm 34:20) Listen to the fulfillment in John 19:32-33; "The soldiers therefore came, and broke the legs of the first man, and of the other man who was crucified with Him; but coming to Jesus, when they saw that He was already dead, they did not break His legs."

Yes, the tender love of God is one lesson but there are others. Jesus also gave us a key to understanding grace when he said to the good thief; "Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise." (Luke 23:43) Scripture teaches us that we are saved by grace and not by works and this is a perfect example of that. There was no time left for the thief to do anything in the way of making up for his sins or turning his life around. Yet Jesus told him TODAY he would be with him in paradise. It was the thief's heart condition that gave him instant access to eternity in heaven.

There is one more powerful analogy I see as I look at the three crosses. Jesus is in the middle, at the very center of God's plan for redemption. Who is he? "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me." (John 14:6)

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2014 at 9:42pm
I say if, and this is a big IF, and this is what you must decide... Did Muhammad follow Jesus?  Is he a prophet of God, or is he something else?

Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
chalky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chalky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2014 at 9:33am
Yes, it's very had to understand how a book, the Quran, written 600 years after the event can seemingly change historical facts well attested in history.

Well, one supposes the only way to do this is to claim supernatural revelation but of course as soon as you do that one can claim almost anythng as truth.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2014 at 3:10pm

I say if, and this is a big IF, and this is what you must decide... Did Muhammad follow Jesus?� Is he a prophet of God, or is he something else?

Amigo,
naive is your question. Prophets did not come to follow each other but rather who sent them, God Almighty.
Jesus (pbuh) came to follow God and God's commands. Moses (pbuh) before that came to follow God and God's commands. for our era till the end Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) came to follow God and God's commands. All of them (pbut) were chosen by God as prophets.
Is there any complication in that?
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

BMZSP View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2014 at 3:41am
Jesus did show a few miracles but he did not do those on his own and he was not showing miracles night and day.

He had no power to do that. It was God, who worked those miracles through him. It means the power of God worked the miracles.

Jesus IS NOT on record for making any of the following statements openly and publicly himself:

"I am the Son of God."

"I am God in flesh" or "I am God in person."

"I am God incarnate."

"I am the Father".

"I am God" or "I am God almighty" .

" I am the Messiah that you have waited for long."

To say that Jesus was sinless is ridiculous as it shows as if all the Prophets of God were sinful and only this man was sinless.

If he had said "I am God" or "I am the Father", he would either have lost his head or would have been stoned to pulp straight away.

That Jesus was the Son of God or God, is a post-Jesus fraud by the Church founded by pagans, long after he was gone.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
  Share Topic