IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Crucifixion of Jesus  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crucifixion of Jesus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crucifixion of Jesus
    Posted: 26 January 2015 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Originally posted by BMZSP BMZSP wrote:

Greetings BMZSP,This raises for me the question...just why do you think the Jews wanted Yshwe crucified?asalaam,Caringheart

Wassalaam, Caringheart

Jesus had challenged the authority of the hierarchy of the Sadducees and the Pharisees, had ridiculed and outsmarted them.

The Romans also took note of that and feared a revolution like the one under bar Kochba.

Both wanted him taken out. I believe it was then that God saved Jesus and delivered him to safety.
Greetings BMZSP,May I share with you,

<span id="en-KJV-26514" ="text John-10-32"><sup ="versenum">32�Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?</span>

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.... because the Jews understood that Yshwe was saying that He Himself was God.asalaam and blessings to you,Caringheart

Amigo,
it will be dishonesty to knowingly not quote the next few verses which disclose the true nature of your intended false claim.
Here is the next verses:
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? (John Chap 10).

May God guide all those who truthfully seek Him.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 26 January 2015 at 3:32pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2015 at 5:31pm

Greetings BMZSP,This raises for me the question...just why do you think the Jews wanted Yshwe crucified?asalaam,Caringheart

Wassalaam, Caringheart

Jesus had challenged the authority of the hierarchy of the Sadducees and the Pharisees, had ridiculed and outsmarted them.

The Romans also took note of that and feared a revolution like the one under bar Kochba.

Both wanted him taken out. I believe it was then that God saved Jesus and delivered him to safety.

Greetings BMZSP,

May I share with you,

32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

... because the Jews understood that Yshwe was saying that He Himself was God.

asalaam and blessings to you,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2015 at 12:51pm

Jesus did not say, "The Father and I are the one and the same person."

While Jesus was talking to Thomas and others, Philip got bored and asked him to show the Father. That was very silly and st**id of Philip to demand that. Jesus scolded him but never said, "Philip, I am the Father'.
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

asalaam and blessings,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 03 January 2015 at 12:54pm
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2015 at 12:42pm

The problem is that he never said that he was God who came down to earth. He is on record for saying that on his own he could do nothing. Right?

Greetings BMZSP,

'I do the will of my Father who sent Me'  (John 6)
'I and the Father are One'  (John 10)

Yshwe WAS God come down to earth... as hard as this concept is for muslims to understand, the Truth of it is in Yshwe's words, in the prior scriptures, and in the works of His life.
'if you do not believe Me, believe for the works sake'

37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.
the words of Yshwe

Jesus never said clearly or openly or publicly "I am God".

He would have been stoned to death straight away if he had said that or would have been beheaded.

Which is precisely why He was always so considered in his replies, being deliberately evasive in His answers, knowing that anyone with wisdom could discern the answers for themselves...
He knew that the Pharisees knew precisely who He claimed to be...
any Jewish scholar could understand what Yshwe was saying through His words and His actions.

41 The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven.  (John 6)

30 I and my Father are one.
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
  (John 10)

asalaam and blessings,
Caringheart
Blessed be God forever
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2015 at 11:51am

Tell me what good were the miracles shown by Jesus, when he was not recognised and was not accepted by the very people to whom God had sent him?

Oh, but he was BMZSP!  Who do you think the first followers of Yshwe were?  They were Jews.

And the greatest miracle of all... the resurrection of the Son won many hearts to God, and many more followers, both gentile and Jew.  Smile

That reasoning was done through Qur'aan and within the life time of the Prophet, the pagans accepted One God Almighty and the prophet, without a single miracle shown.

Regarding this...
Muhammad made the people he conquered give up their many gods and believe in just 'the god'... 'al Lah'.....
and he had to take the Christian children in order to raise up a generation of muslims.
If people transferred to the ways of Muhammad it was because he brought Christian values to the people and mixed it with other practices that the culture was familiar with.  This is my belief.

asalaam and blessings,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 03 January 2015 at 11:52am
Blessed be God forever
BMZSP View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2015 at 10:10am
Originally posted by aikosmith aikosmith wrote:

and how did Muhammad live? he married a child (pedophilia)...he had many wives (after Jesus taught on monogamous marriage) and polygamy is adultery, Muhammad killed hundreds of people (after Jesus taught to love even our enemies...and on and on...even Allah called Muhammad sinful (surah 48:2)nobody of a sound mind woudl ever trust a man like that - only after they were manipulated....only then...but Jesus was pure moral holy and sinless..so think who you follow and who you trust..because your whoel eternity depends on it...

The Torah never forbade polygamy and the Jews in Jesus' time had multiple wives. Before them the patriarchs had many wives, slave girls and concubines. Jesus confirmed himself that he was not there to change even an iota of the law. What did he know about the institution of marriage?

The so-called Son of David knew that David had many and Solomon had numerous.

I can say that God the Father and the Holy Spirit were also pedophiles, who overpowered a little innocent pre-pubescent girl and raped her.

It is a false accusation against Muhammad. He married Ayesha when she was about eighteen. The Christian polemicist takes a rotten hadith and attack. The Prophet had many wives already.

A pedophile does not stop at one child. Pedophilia is a Westerner's disease.

What does this verse from John 20:17 show?

"New American Standard Bible
Jesus said to her, "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'""

It shows that Jesus and the little Marmary Magdalene were lovers and were intimate.

It also debunks and dismisses the myth that Jesus was God or the Father. How beautifully Jesus himself dismisses the great lie that he told Philip he was the Father!

What spin can you put on this?
BMZSP View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2015 at 9:51am

.and if the Holy Sinless Jesus said "I am the Almighty" (Rev 1:8) , He said "I and the Father are one" (John 10:30), "who has seen Me has seen the Father. ", "I am the Way, the Life and the truth" (gospel of john) and in so so so many other verses He clearly directly and straightforwardly said "I am God" even the Father called Jesus God (Heb 1;8)so nobody can deny what Jesus said about Himself.

Revelation is irrelevant to me. It is a dejected man's dream.

By the way, Revelation 1:8 is talking about the LORD God, not Jesus.

"Revelation 1:8New American Standard Bible (NASB)

8 �I am the Alpha and the Omega,� says the Lord God, �who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.�"

Jesus never introduced himself as 'the Lord God'.

"The Father and I are one" simply means both were on the same side.

Jesus did not say, "The Father and I are the one and the same person."

While Jesus was talking to Thomas and others, Philip got bored and asked him to show the Father. That was very silly and st**id of Philip to demand that. Jesus scolded him but never said, "Philip, I am the Father'.

Hebrews 1 is fraud and a forgery. The man who penned Hebrews wrote a few of his lines and copied and pasted from Psalms and other books.

There is not even a single word from Jesus in Hebrews at all.
BMZSP View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2015 at 9:37am

Jesus lived on the earth as a man. He was God who came to the earth to live as a man. That is why He never used any Divine attributes that He had but drew power from the Father. to show us that� we can do the same way and by the power of God we can live a holy life and make mirales.Jesus is God who came to live as a human. that is no wonder then that when you ascribe to Jesus' divinity all the verses showing His humanity - that you come up with wrong conclusions.and also you omitted all the verses Jesus clearly said "I am God"

The problem is that he never said that he was God who came down to earth. He is on record for saying that on his own he could do nothing. Right?

All false claims for his alleged divinity get busted and debunked by John 17:3, which clearly says:

"John 17:3New American Standard Bible (NASB)

This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent."

He wanted people to know only the true God, who had sent him.

So, God was the sender and Jesus was the one who was sent to Israel.

Jesus never said clearly or openly or publicly "I am God".

He would have been stoned to death straight away if he had said that or would have been beheaded.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic