IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Your advice, please  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your advice, please

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2005 at 9:00am

Surah 4 - Nisaa

When you have finished As-Salat (the prayer - congregational), remember Allah standing, sitting down, and lying down on your sides, but when you are free from danger, perform As-Salat (Iqamatas Salat). Verily, the prayer is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours.

Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 1: Prayer

Volume 1, Page 84: The Time for the Afternoon Prayer ('Asr)

Says an-Nawawi in his commentary on Sahih Muslim, "Our companions (the Shafiyyah) hold that the afternoon prayer time can be divided into five categories: the most virtuous time, the preferred time, the allowable time in which there is no disliked aspect, the allowable time that contains some aspect of dislike, and the time that is due to some excuse or necessity. The most virtuous time is at the beginning of the permissible time. The preferred time is until the shadow of an object is twice the length of the object itself. The permissible time without any aspect of dislike is from the time the sun becomes yellowish. The permissible time with some aspect of dislike is from the time the sun becomes yellowish until the setting of the sun. The time of excuse or necessity begins, in fact, at the time of the noon prayer for one who is to combine the noon and afternoon prayers, due to travelling or rain. If the afternoon prayer is made during any of those times, it has been fulfilled properly. If all of those times pass and the sun has set, then one must make up the prayer."

Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2005 at 9:26am

Assalamu Alaikum

A.J., I think you are making a good point.  Even if there is an acceptable range of time during which salat can be offered, why are those living in the same community doing so?  Is it a control mechanism?  If not, wouldn't it be better for the Ummah in that community if there was a since of unity?  It truly doesn't matter the particular time (as long as it was Islamic-ly correct) they did salat back in their old communities because the truth of the matter is that they are living in a new place with others of the Ummah not from the same "old country" as they are so more effort should be made to create a pleasant atmosphere for the Ummah of that community to live in.  We are Muslims of Islam, not members of this or that church as are the Christians.  For what reason should the Ummah spread to new locations?  For the sake of Allah and because that is the only justifiable reason to do so according to the Qur'an and Sunna, then there should a great deal of attention placed on the practice of calling others to Islam.  How is that going to happen in a way that pleases Allah if there is division?  If it is not pleasing to Allah, then how can it be successful?

Allah Hafiz

PAZ, Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
aishag88 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aishag88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2005 at 11:48am

I agree, and there is a lot of that in my city too.

Please excuse me, I am getting very sick, and i really don't have to enery to think or type much more, but i wanted to put in my "two-cents."

*Aabid* View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Aabid* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2005 at 9:44am

Wow!!!

Ya�ll kinda knocked me sideways there�..

Will ya please allow me a couple of minutes to recover, I�m not used to anyone agreeing with me!

Few, that�s better, heee heee.

Thanks for all your comments, for you�ve helped give me that extra nudge along the way. I now feel at peace in my practice, and hence have changed my name to that of a Muslim. Sorry to all whom I have confused (in the past) with my name changing (I guess it was meant to be!), I now feel I�ve got the right name to go along with my faith & belief, Insha Allah.   

rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2005 at 10:52pm
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

Yes, and why? Because each ruler, of each Muslim country leads the people according to their own interpretation of Islam, and not by a mutually agreed consensus across the Muslim Ummah.

Yes your comment about the muslim rulkers is correct but who is arguing against that?

The muslim leaders are not the ones responsible for Shariah law in Islam, they simply have the power and do not listen to what is right, they are corupt. If a scholar was to speak against them they would harrass him or have him killed.

Do the scholars have mutual consensus among themselves? And if they do, why is there so much division rooted in the rulers own-self? (ie nationality)

first seperate religious from secular issues. They have consensus on the four schools of thought ie Shafii, Hanafi, Maliki or Hanbali, that if you follow any one of these methodologies for deriving rulings from the Quran and Sunnah you are following right guidance. This is in refrence to religious matters. regarding secular matters they have almost no say and if you look at all muslim countries they are either getting over the effects of being rulled by a dictator for the past 100 years which was intalled by a forign power or they are still being rulled by a dictator.

Everyone knows that one of the devils tricks is to divide and conquer; after all he was the first being to introduce the sin of division, better known as � pride - (ie when he refused to obey Allah {SWT}, and bow to Adam {SAW}). If you look at the situation in Iraq, the devil has managed to divide and conquer; separating the country into practically three countries, just as the Ottoman Empire was divided before it.

Division is not a sin nor is it pride, Allah says in the Quran i created you as different nations. Your generalisation does not aplly to muslims, further the division you see today in the muslim world is a direct result of the west not the doing of muslims. please learn the history beffore comenting on it.

How long do you intend to let the devil get his way?

i sugest you control your self this question is phrased as if i or anyone else here actualy can wave a magic wand and change everything.

Ibn Masood said: I heard a person reciting a (Quranic) verse in a certain way, and I had heard the Prophet reciting the same verse in a different way. So I took him to the Prophet and informed him of that but I noticed the sign of disapproval on his face, and then he said, "Both of you are correct, so don't differ, for the nations before you differed, so they were destroyed." [Sahih Al-Bukhari - Volume 4, Book 56, Number 682]

do you actualy know what this hadith is refering to? it has nothing to do with what you are saying.

Is it not apparent that Islam will not succeed - when it�s people are fighting amongst each other - in division?

and who is saying otherwise, i sugest you change the word Islam for muslims, Allah's religion will succeed regardles of what humans do.

People who do not advocate - unity of the Ummah - are those whom have chosen the life of this world, their own worldly prospects are more important (to them), than the true success in the Hereafter - achieved through unity in Islam.

you are preaching to the converted as christians like to say.

I noticed you Quoted Fiqh as Sunnah in another post, be advised this work is not an authoritative work in islam nor is it advised that you take your religion from it. It was a sincere attmept to merge the rulings of the madhhabs by one sheikh by combining what he felt where stronger rulings.

In reality it contains many mistakes and to put it in analogy, it was like a high school physics teacher attempting to corect Albert Einstien on
E = mc2

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2005 at 8:53am

6:159 As for those who divide their way(deen) and break up into sects, thou hast no part in them in the least: their affair is with Allah. He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did.

*Aabid* View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Aabid* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2005 at 9:05am

OK,

Rami, I am sure you are aware of the hadith concerning Musa {SAW} when he declared � �'I am the most knowledgeable.' Allah censured him since he did not ascribe this knowledge to Him.� And the pursuing story�..

Hadith - Number 122, on the following page�

http://www.sunnipath.com/Resources/PrintMedia/Hadith/H0002P0 003.aspx

Please brother all I ask is for a little leeway, there are (other) outside influences observing these conversations, are they not?

With regards to the schools of thought you mention, sorry but the words mean nothing to me personally (if you have a problem with that, then sorry). As far as I am concerned, if you are adhering to the five pillars of Islam, then for me, it becomes a question of exactly what La-ilaha-ill-Allah encompasses.

If you have a problem that I carry out my own meditations on this matter, then again I am sorry you feel that way.

Rami stated:
�Division is not a sin nor is it pride, Allah says in the Quran i created you as different nations. Your generalisation does not aplly to muslims, further the division you see today in the muslim world is a direct result of the west not the doing of muslims. please learn the history beffore comenting on it.�

As you have already admitted, the modern nations are built on falsehood.

OK, it is all the fault of the West, and Muslim�s are totally innocent of craving the West�s technology. Brother whether you differ with me or not, the Ummah will unite under Iesa {SAW}, hence if you criticise me for advocating real consensus, then so be it.

Rami stated:
�i sugest you control your self this question is phrased as if i or anyone else here actualy can wave a magic wand and change everything.�

See beginning of post

Rami stated:
�do you actualy know what this hadith is refering to? it has nothing to do with what you are saying.�

If you are unable comprehend that when you perceive a phenomena you are able to recognise it even if the circumstances are different, then please do not project that upon me.

Rami stated:
and who is saying otherwise, i sugest you change the word Islam for muslims, Allah's religion will succeed regardles of what humans do.

Will Islam ever be a success while it is in division? Or is it only a success after Iesa {SAW} has killed the dajjal, and the Ummah is united under one caliph?

Rami stated:
I noticed you Quoted Fiqh as Sunnah in another post, be advised this work is not an authoritative work in islam nor is it advised that you take your religion from it. It was a sincere attmept to merge the rulings of the madhhabs by one sheikh by combining what he felt where stronger rulings.

And I agree with what he has said on this particular point, and I agree with his efforts to try and unite the madhhabs. If you wish to throw me out of �your fold of Islam� because of that, then fair enough.

Rami stated:
In reality it contains many mistakes and to put it in analogy, it was like a high school physics teacher attempting to corect Albert Einstien on E = mc2

And finally, thankfully my methods in discovering (by Allah�s leave) how gravity combines with the energy forces are different to that of modern science, probably one of the reasons I was able to discover what I have. However my foundations dictate that I must cross reference mine findings, and nothing I have read discounts those findings.

So please by my guest, confirm you doubt me.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2005 at 5:06pm

Bismillah,

The most important thing is our relationship to Allah, SWT.  This can be strengthened or weakened in many ways.  ISA, your faith grows, and all of us increase in faith and loyalty to Allah, SWT.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic