IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Beware of scholars  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beware of scholars

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2014 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

Hey Ron.  Back again to make a fool of yourself? Wink

Still confusing ad hominems with rational discussion, I see.

No, probably not back for long.  I just noticed that Muslim75 was on the right track so thought I'd help him/her along.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2014 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

Hey Ron.� Back again to make a fool of yourself? [IMG]smileys/smiley2.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Wink" />
Still confusing ad hominems with rational discussion, I see.No, probably not back for long.� I just noticed that Muslim75 was on the right track so thought I'd help him/her along.

Awww, you're breaking my heart.

No, what you did was just show how ignorant you are. The Quran says that it is the Word of God. You don't need to be a scholar to figure that out.

Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2014 at 4:14pm

The Quran says that it is the Word of God.

Of course.  How silly of me. LOL
Quote "Who art thou, boy?"

"I am the King," was the grave answer.

The children gave a little start, and their eyes spread themselves wide open and remained so during a speechless half minute.  Then curiosity broke the silence�

"The KING?  What King?"

"The King of England."

The children looked at each other�then at him�then at each other again�wonderingly, perplexedly; then one said�

"Didst hear him, Margery?�he said he is the King.  Can that be true?"

"How can it be else but true, Prissy?  Would he say a lie?  For look you, Prissy, an' it were not true, it WOULD be a lie.  It surely would be. Now think on't.  For all things that be not true, be lies�thou canst make nought else out of it."

It was a good tight argument, without a leak in it anywhere; and it left Prissy's half-doubts not a leg to stand on.  She considered a moment, then put the King upon his honour with the simple remark�

"If thou art truly the King, then I believe thee."

"I am truly the King."

This settled the matter.

[from The Prince and the Pauper, by Mark Twain]

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2014 at 4:35pm

The Quran says that it is the Word of God.
Of course.� How silly of me. [IMG]smileys/smiley36.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="LOL" />
Quote "Who art thou, boy?""I am the King," was the grave answer.The children gave a little start, and their eyes spread themselves wide open and remained so during a speechless half minute.� Then curiosity broke the silence�"The KING?� What King?""The King of England."The children looked at each other�then at him�then at each other again�wonderingly, perplexedly; then one said�"Didst hear him, Margery?�he said he is the King.� Can that be true?""How can it be else but true, Prissy?� Would he say a lie?� For look you, Prissy, an' it were not true, it WOULD be a lie.� It surely would be. Now think on't.� For all things that be not true, be lies�thou canst make nought else out of it."It was a good tight argument, without a leak in it anywhere; and it left Prissy's half-doubts not a leg to stand on.� She considered a moment, then put the King upon his honour with the simple remark�"If thou art truly the King, then I believe thee.""I am truly the King."This settled the matter.[from The Prince and the Pauper, by Mark Twain]

So, coming back to what I said earlier about making a fool out of yourself...

The topic is not whether what the Quran claims is true or not, dummy. The topic is about trusting scholars. Now, do you need me to further explain or can you connect the dots yourself?
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2014 at 6:23pm
Sorry, I think I need a bit more help.  You're saying you don't have to trust the scholars regarding the authenticity of the Quran, because the Quran vouches for its own authenticity?  And that doesn't seem at all circular to you? Confused
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2014 at 7:24pm
Wait a minute now Ron. Doesn't the Bible say that also.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2014 at 8:29pm

Sorry, I think I need a bit more help.  You're saying you don't have to trust the scholars regarding the authenticity of the Quran, because the Quran vouches for its own authenticity?  And that doesn't seem at all circular to you? Confused

LOL Why am I not surprised that you have still not gotten the point? 

Let's take this step by step, since you obviously are a slow learner...

This thread was aimed at Muslims.  The point that brother Muslim75 was making was that Muslims should be careful not to blindly accept the opinions of "scholars".  In a way, he is right, because as we know there are a lot of fatwas issued left and right, and they are not always made by qualified people. 

Atheist clowns, such as yourself (and your fellow atheist groupie schmickbob), completely missed this point and tried to act like wiseguys, as is your usual mantra.  In your rush to engage in your usual foolish polemics, you went off on tangents.  I have tried to bring you back to reality by showing that your off-topic post has nothing to do with this thread, but you still haven't gotten the point and continue in your polemical tirade.  Get it now, Bozo? Clown 

By the way, have you read any of the books I suggested?  Or have you been lazy and afraid of having your prejudices challenged?

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2014 at 8:51pm

Hey Ron.  Back again to make a fool of yourself? [IMG]smileys/smiley2.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Wink" />
Still confusing ad hominems with rational discussion, I see.No, probably not back for long.  I just noticed that Muslim75 was on the right track so thought I'd help him/her along.

Awww, you're breaking my heart.

No, what you did was just show how ignorant you are. The Quran says that it is the Word of God. You don't need to be a scholar to figure that out.

In other words, what I was saying is that you don't need a "scholar" to tell you what the Quran says, as per the main topic of this thread.  You can just read it yourself.

Let's see if R.W. can finally get the picture...Big%20smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic