IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How Many Prefer their Lands Under Amreeki  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How Many Prefer their Lands Under Amreeki

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Many Prefer their Lands Under Amreeki
    Posted: 03 December 2005 at 10:38am

The pridefullness of nations will be dust at Allah, SWT's feet.

The pridefullness of nations rises from trash even to start with. It's never more than a false bubble to keep us from seeking the beyond, the truth.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2005 at 5:44am

Bismillah,

People are born, live and die with nothing but injustice and poverty all of their lives in America.  Not much trickles down to them except the Mercy of Allah,  The One, the Eternal.  Everyone gets that, even in America. 

People living these lives are not exceptions.  The majority is manipulated and marketed to by the status quo of the powers that be.  I am an earthling Muslimah with an American passport.  The pridefullness of nations will be dust at Allah, SWT's feet.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2005 at 1:33am

If that is truly how democracy works, than why should or would anyone want it? 

By sheer miracle of marketing! If marketing could sell a woman like Madonna, they could sell or oversell anything in our world.

Like I said, "If that is truly how democracy works, than why should or would anyone want it?" 

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2005 at 10:32pm

I happen to be in the camp that believes that helping the 3rd world to develop will do more than any army could ever do (this is true in Iraq and Palestine also) at preventing terrorism.

One hundred percent with you. Not just that, a natural and just human system has no scope left for terrorism. The real reason of terrorism is swept underthe carpet by our bosses - it's the ism's - be it Communism, Cap It All ism or anyother nice ism.

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2005 at 10:28pm

By sheer miracle of marketing! If marketing could sell a woman like Madonna, they could sell or oversell anything in our world.

Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2005 at 10:19pm

Today, we hold that chance of getting the two sides together. There are more and more Israelis who are drawing away from what Sharon had promised them about "his Iraq venture".

It's now dead. So is Sharon's old pet stand.

B: That's how it works in a democracy..

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2005 at 6:05pm
I agree - it's in the long term interests of the world and of opposition to terrorism to promote freedom not only in the ballot box but in people's economic lives.  Typically, those freedoms cannot really exist independent of each other, and, as we know, even in democracies there are economic inequalities that need to be addressed.  However, pure equality between human beings, is not a reality in this world and cannot be as long as there billions of people, guns and greed...if we can address these things and bring greater understanding between and among peoples and nations, perhaps we'll have a fighting chance of addressing the issues of poverty and underdevelopment and inequality in our world.

Part of bringing greater understanding and equality to people is to bring political freedom to them though...totalitarian states can never be fully free or equal...no matter what the discussion on Chinese soil about the growing economic powerhouse that China has become, they will never fully address their own inequalities and problems til their people have more of a say, til they have more of a voice...until then, they are still doing the 'bidding' of some corrupt state.  Some people would say the same about the US, however, the differences between the US and China are many and there are some basic ones...you can criticize the state in the US - not so, really, in China...people do not do so...they 'mind their own business' on those matters and so the state merrily stumbles along - not really serving the best interests of the Chinese and certainly not as efficiently as they could if critique were allowed and not punishable by prison or death (Tiannamen Square)...

But the issues of economic dependencies and co-dependencies have much to do with fairly complicated economic linkages - upward and downward linkages and cannot be simplistically leveled at one state or one group (say corporations) or another...

These are issues we must work on jointly and one of these issues is to tend to the economic needs of the 3rd world.  I happen to be in the camp that believes that helping the 3rd world to develop will do more than any army could ever do (this is true in Iraq and Palestine also) at preventing terrorism.  But it's true not only from the US side of the army but on the insurgency side (on the Sunni side) and on the al Aqsa Martyr's Brigade side or the Hamas or Fatah side...how much are these groups determined and thinking about economic development in conjunction with their political and military strategies?

If they are not why not?
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2005 at 11:47pm

B: I don't think that's the case - 'it's not in their interest.'  The INDEPENDENT comment - I would tend to agree with you about that...it's in the economic powers' interests to keep economic dependency and co-dependencies going - but the idea that people want instability - I think that's just plain wrong sir, in my humble opinion.
Keeping that dependency is a recipe of instability. It was a Brit recipe to keep a country under control with a gang plantd as its leaders - with total and utter disregard for the masses. They never counted.

Somehow the US kitchen followed the same recipe book. It's hard for them to give bloodsucking up - we will have to step in and set up some new trends.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic