IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What is luck  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is luck

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2013 at 11:27pm
no I m not referring to non Muslims.what is 786?.so many Muslims consider 786 as lucky,but there is no verse regarding this number in Qur'an and hadith.i hate caste system because in surah Al Imran ch 3 v 103-Allah says that he had provide a rope(Qur'an) and we have to hold it together.in Surah Al Anam ch 6 v 159-Allah is addressing to prophet Muhammad S.A.W to cut off terms with those who make castes,Allah will punish them in hereafter.these verses signifies not to make castes.
W.S. View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2013 at 3:02am
If some people consider that number lucky I don't see any harm in it. Maybe they don't want to be religious robots who are unable to think outside of the box.
And if the Quran advocated the caste system, then I suppose you'd love it (?).
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2013 at 12:43am
every unbeliever will enter hell.this is mentioned in Surah Al Qaf ch 50 v 24,my job here in this forum is to convey message of Qur'an.u say religious robot I say them as believer.moreover don't think about if and buts,because it is mentioned in surah Al nahl ch 16 v 61,If Allah would want he could have punish us even for small sins we do,this shows how merciful he is,so don't talk about if in relation to Qur'an.in this forum I implement the following verse-Surah Al Ghaashiyah ch 88 v 21-22-that our job is to convey the message Its Allah who will bring the change in the people.
W.S. View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2013 at 4:04am
Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

every unbeliever will enter hell.this is mentioned in Surah Al Qaf ch 50 v 24,

Where's the mercy in that? If a person doesn't believe it's because God has sealed that person's heart, isn't that so? Maybe you'd like to have faith but just don't.

my job here in this forum is to convey message of Qur'an.u say religious robot I say them as believe.
Which brings me to one of my biggest problems with Islam: the question of certainty. In Islam, as I understand it, you have to be certain, but how can you be certain about something you couldn't possibly know? You can't! Claiming that you are right and everyone else (atheists and people of other religions) are wrong, is nothing but pure arrogance, which in turn is a sin or at least a very objectionable thing in Islam.

moreover don't think about if and buts,because it is mentioned in surah Al nahl ch 16 v 61,If Allah would want he could have punish us even for small sins we do,this shows how merciful he is,

I don't see what that has to do with it. It's not a crime to ask questions and to talk.

so don't talk about if in relation to Qur'an.

Yes, that's what we should do! We should ask questions, ponder, talk, discuss. The Quran tells you to think, doesn't it? Islam should not be reduced to an ideology of fear, silence and blind obedience. You may have heard of ijtihad? Islam's own tradition of dissenting, reasoning and reinterpreting. I'm not saying I have the answer as to how this should be done, but I have a feeling that it needs to happen.

in this forum I implement the following verse-Surah Al Ghaashiyah ch 88 v 21-22-that our job is to convey the message Its Allah who will bring the change in the people.

Convey all you want! You're as free to refer to chapters and verses as I am to question them.
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2013 at 8:42am
look, Allah has given us free will to worship or not to worship him.U can't say Allah has sealed one's heart,as far as certainty is concerned,if one implements the verses of Qur'an in his life,he will be the most loveable person on earth.for eg it is mentioned in Surah Al Maidah ch 5 v 90-says we should not drink alcohol or intoxicants,if one practice this he will b free from diseases.mentioned in surah Al hujurat ch 49 v 11-12-backbiting is forbidden,if one practice this there will be less chances of quarrel.i m not claiming that I m right others are wrong.moreover I m impressed with ur view that yes U should ask questions.so your views are always welcomed brother.
W.S. View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2013 at 11:02am

look, Allah has given us free will to worship or not to worship him.U can't say Allah has sealed one's heart

I forget where I read that exactly, I'll have to get back to you on that one. However, I'm pretty sure the Quran says that God guides who he wants and that not everyone receives his guidance.

as far as certainty is concerned,if one implements the verses of Qur'an in his life,he will be the most loveable person on earth.
I'm sure that some people manage to do this.

for eg it is mentioned in Surah Al Maidah ch 5 v 90-says we should not drink alcohol or intoxicants,if one practice this he will b free from diseases.

If only that were true.

nospam001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nospam001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2013 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by W.S. W.S. wrote:

look, Allah has given us free will to worship or not to worship him.U can't say Allah has sealed one's heart
I forget where I read that exactly, I'll have to get back to you on that one.
For more on the same theme, see topics What is this "something else"? and The Final Hurdle of becoming a Muslim is.
God has the right to remain silent. For His advocates, however, each resigned shrug is a missed opportunity to win new converts.
W.S. View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2013 at 3:02am
Originally posted by nospam001 nospam001 wrote:

Originally posted by W.S. W.S. wrote:

I forget where I read that exactly, I'll have to get back to you on that one.
For more on the same theme, see topics What is this "something else"? and The Final Hurdle of becoming a Muslim is.
Yup! I've been reading posts. Both interesting and entertaining at times. It's frustrating when believers make it sound as if you can choose to believe in God. You either believe or you don't! It's not like you can decide to start believing in God and accept the Quran as the word of God (or whichever religion might be in question), because that would be deluding yourself. Whether one believes in God or not obviously has to do with psychological and social reasons.

Edited by W.S. - 07 April 2013 at 3:03am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic