IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - CHRISTIANS:FORGIVE EVERYBODY THEIR SINS  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CHRISTIANS:FORGIVE EVERYBODY THEIR SINS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 12:06am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Is there a question here?

i am asking christians to forgive everybody their sins so we can all go to heaven, since they received the Holy spirit and have power to forgive sins
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Mahdi The Seeke Mahdi The Seeke wrote:

i am asking christians to forgive everybody their sins so we can all go to heaven, since they received the Holy spirit and have power to forgive sins

Ah, well, greetings Mahdi,

This scripture was specifically Jesus speaking to His 12 Apostles.  It was to them that he gave the power to forgive sins.
I wondered why you would be asking 'Christians' to forgive sins.
There is no scripture(that I am aware of) that says that all those who receive the Holy Spirit will have the authority to forgive sins.  This was only spoken by Jesus to His Apostles.
We do however, all have the power to forgive those who trespass against our own selves, which is what Jesus encourages us to do.
"...and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us..." - the prayer Jesus taught His disciples to say.

Salaam,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Webber Webber wrote:

Quote why not take Jesus for his word instead of relying on your own personal opinion , conjecture and derived beliefs?

You know how some people always end their sentences with a higher pitch like asking a question? Goofy, I know, but ...
Actually I think this is the man that knows everything and once we finish wallowing our conjecture he'll set us all back on the straight path.
Can't wait, :)

FINALLY, somebody who gets me.
Webber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 6:39pm
Gotcha, now how long must we wait?
I'm a Gentile.
Numb. 6:24-26
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 11:31pm

Originally posted by Mahdi The Seeke Mahdi The Seeke wrote:

Ah, well, greetings Mahdi,This scripture was specifically Jesus speaking to His 12 Apostles.� It was to them that he gave the power to forgive sins.I wondered why you would be asking 'Christians' to forgive sins.There is no scripture(that I am aware of) that says that all those who receive the Holy Spirit will have the authority to forgive sins.� This was only spoken by Jesus to His Apostles.We do however, all have the power to forgive those who trespass against our own selves, which is what Jesus encourages us to do."...and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us..." - the prayer Jesus taught His disciples to say.Salaam,Caringheart
so, christians have not received the holy spirit?
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2013 at 10:42am
Greetings Mahdi,

"There is no scripture(that I am aware of) that says that all those who receive the Holy Spirit will have the authority to forgive sins."

We do however, all have the power to forgive those who trespass against our own selves, which is what Jesus encourages us to do."... forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us..."

You do not think one needs the power of God's Holy Spirit to find it in ones self to forgive those who have done ill?  I do.

Salaam,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2013 at 3:47am

Greetings Mahdi,"There is no scripture(that I am aware of) that says that all those who
receive the Holy Spirit will have the authority to forgive sins."We do however, all have the power to forgive those who trespass against
our own selves, which is what Jesus encourages us to do."... forgive
us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us..."You do not think one needs the power of God's Holy Spirit to find it in ones self to forgive those who have done ill?� I do.Salaam,Caringheart
what you think is irrelevant. i am not trying to be rude. but let us deal with whart the Bible says. catholics use the verses i quoted to validate the sacrament of confession. so maybe you should look that up.

Edited by Mahdi The Seeke - 04 February 2013 at 3:48am
Webber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2013 at 7:03am
Lol, Sorry Caringheart. I'm sure everything I say is irrelevent as well. We are not here to explain our beliefs but to defend the Catholics.

I'm not looking it up. What Catholics do is irrelevent to me. Try a little Sunni hadith on Mahdi the seeker and encourage him to explain it until it makes sense.

I'm a Gentile.
Numb. 6:24-26
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic