IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Answers to your Questions  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Answers to your Questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Answers to your Questions
    Posted: 14 December 2012 at 3:04am
As'alaamu Alaikkum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu
10) So tell me about ISLAM again?

Islam is the only religion that is the continuation of what God Almighty has given to Prophet Abraham (peace be upon him). Ever since creating man, Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala has given mankind instructions in how to worship, glorify and honour him in ways that are pleasing to Him. These instructions were first given to the first man that God created father Adam (peace be upon him). Then it continued with all the Prophets of God (peace be upon them all). Prophet Abraham (peace be upon him) was given special honour and privilege with a covenent that is ever lasting, therefore to achieve salvation one must believe in the Oneness of God, forsaking all others.

The Children if Israel were given a special task by God Almighty but through their disobedience and transgressions and finally rejecting the Messiah Jesus (peace be upon him) God then abandoned them and chose a new people who were the followers of Jesus (peace be upon him). However, these followers of Jesus (peace be upon him) soon went astray with their heretical doctrine of the Trinity. So both of these groups were removed from the Abrahamaic covenent. Through the infinite Mercy of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala He sent a final messenger to mankind with a final revelation which is the Holy Qur'an. To achieve salvation everyone must be part of this final covenent and believe that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad is the final messenger and slave of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.

Like Prophet Abraham and Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon them) one must overcome the false belief of their parents and must symbolically destroy the idols by taking the Shahada and uttering "Ashadu anla Illaha Illallah, wa ashadu anna Muhammadan abduhu rasooluhu".
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2012 at 1:44am
9) What is JIHAD?

Jihad is simply translated as struggle.

It is interesting to note that the English translation of the Holy Qur'an by Dr. Muhsin Khan uses Jihad as holy war, holy fighting or armed struggle. However, there is another word for this in the Arabic language which is Qisas.

Jihad can also be an inner struggle in which one finds himself struggling against faith or struggling with performing the duties of a believing Muslim such as praying on time, giving charity etc.

It is a misconception in Islam to suggest that Jihad means fighting non believers or taking up arms against non believers. In Islam any kind of offence is forbidden, Muslims are only allowed to defend their property and their faith.

People also use the Jihad to imply that the early Muslims forcibly conquered nearby lands and made people submit to Islam. This is against the very natrure of being a Muslim. For being a Muslim means that the one who has submitted to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala must do so willingly and not be forced against one's wishes. Then if that is the case then that person is not a true Muslim, and the ones who forced them have commited a serious sin.

Today, of course, militants use the term Jihad freely to kill and maim innocent Muslims and non Muslims whilst it is a politcal act rather than a religious one. Any taking of life is one the gravest of sins and if not repented then it is unforgiveable. It is stated in the Holy Qur'an that taking a life is like killing the whole of humanity.

Allahu Alum!
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 5:17pm
If we follow and stick to the Quran and the Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh) and stay away from deviations, we will be the ones that will make it, Inshahallah. And of course asking or begging for Allah's mercy and Forgiveness as often as possible is the best safety net. And not to commit that unforgivable sin of associating and worshiping others with God, or as God.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 07 December 2012 at 5:22pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2012 at 7:56pm
This reminded me of something.  These are some notes I had made in my earlier studies in August... Aug. 11 notes, to be precise.  Notes as follows:
Muhammad is reputed to have foretold this proliferation of opposing sects, each claiming allegiance to him and quoting the Qur'an in Support of their contradictory views. According to Abdullah Ibn Omar, Muhammad said: 'Truly, what happened to the Israelites will happen to my people. The Israelites were divided into seventy two sects, and my people will be divided into seventy three." (citation: http://jloughnan.tripod.com/3f_islam.htm)
What struck me as interesting about this is that it resonated with this which I only just read this morning in the preface of one of my Bibles...
"The Bible contains 72 books (or 73, depending on whether the Book of Lamentations is listed as a separate book and not as part of Jeremiah)..."
Coincidence?
(Aug. 11, 2012)

Edited by Caringheart - 06 December 2012 at 8:01pm
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2012 at 2:11pm
Subhanallah,
may Allah guide us all to the right and save us from the evil and the hell fire. Jazakallah brother.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2012 at 2:21am
8) Why are there different sects within Islam?

Prophet Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) prophecied that there would be 73 sects within Islam. Only one of these would be on the Straight Path thus achieving salvation.

Abu �Amir al-Hawdhani said:

Mu�awiyah b. Abi Sufiyan stood among us and said: Beware! The Apostle of ALLA H (SAWS) stood among us and said: Beware! The people of the Book before were split up into seventy-two sects, and this community will be split into seventy three: seventy-two of them will go to Hell and one of them will go to Paradise, and it is the majority group.

Narrated Hudhaifa bin Al-Yaman:

The people used to ask Allah's Messenger ( ) about good, but I used to ask him about evil for fear that it might overtake me. Once I said, "O Allah's Messenger ( ) ! We were in ignorance and in evil and Allah has bestowed upon us the present good; will there by any evil after this good?" He said, "Yes." I asked, "Will there be good after that evil?" He said, "Yes, but it would be tained with Dakhan (i.e. Little evil)." I asked, "What will its Dakhan be?" He said, "There will be some people who will lead (people) according to principles other than my tradition. You will see their actions and disapprove of them." I said, "Will there by any evil after that good?" He said, "Yes, there will be some people who will invite others to the doors of Hell, and whoever accepts their invitation to it will be thrown in it (by them)." I said, "O Allah's Messenger ( ) ! Describe those people to us." He said, "They will belong to us and speak our language" I asked, "What do you order me to do if such a thing should take place in my life?" He said, "Adhere to the group of Muslims and their Chief." I asked, "If there is neither a group (of Muslims) nor a chief (what shall I do)?" He said, "Keep away from all those different sects, even if you had to bite (i.e. eat) the root of a tree, till you meet Allah while you are still in that state."

Edited by Abu Loren - 10 December 2012 at 1:27am
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2012 at 5:13am
7) Why is Islam one of the Abrahamaic faith?

Sahih International

And [mention, O Muhammad], when Abraham was tried by his Lord with commands and he fulfilled them. [ Allah ] said, "Indeed, I will make you a leader for the people." [Abraham] said, "And of my descendants?" [ Allah ] said, "My covenant does not include the wrongdoers." 2:124 

And who would be averse to the religion of Abraham except one who makes a fool of himself. And We had chosen him in this world, and indeed he, in the Hereafter, will be among the righteous. 2:130 

They say, "Be Jews or Christians [so] you will be guided." Say, "Rather, [we follow] the religion of Abraham, inclining toward truth, and he was not of the polytheists." 2:135 

Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was one inclining toward truth, a Muslim [submitting to Allah ]. And he was not of the polytheists. 3:67

Edited by Abu Loren - 10 December 2012 at 1:26am
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2012 at 3:03am
6) Was Prophet Muahammad (pbuh) really illiterate?

Sahih International

Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered prophet, whom they find written in what they have of the Torah and the Gospel, who enjoins upon them what is right and forbids them what is wrong and makes lawful for them the good things and prohibits for them the evil and relieves them of their burden and the shackles which were upon them. So they who have believed in him, honored him, supported him and followed the light which was sent down with him - it is those who will be the successful.

Say, [O Muhammad], "O mankind, indeed I am the Messenger of Allah to you all, [from Him] to whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth. There is no deity except Him; He gives life and causes death." So believe in Allah and His Messenger, the unlettered prophet, who believes in Allah and His words, and follow him that you may be guided. 7:157-158

Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala has called Prophet Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) the unlettered prophet. However, there are those doubters who claim that the Prophet (Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) had the opportunity to learn to read and write and to learn the Jewish and Christian doctrine whilst he was a caravan manager on his travels to Syria. Even if he went into the churches and synagogues of Syria and engaged with the priests and rabbis, there would not be enough time for him to study these materials in depth. Let's say for arguements sake that he stayed in Syria for a month at a time on his travels, then this is not nearly enough time for him to get acquainted with the teachings of Judaism and Christianity. After the conclusion of business they are keen to make the ardous and long return journdy back to Arabia. Then the doubters will say that he had the chance to read whilst travelling. Even so could it be possible for him to become a scholar this way? people who study full time and devote their lives to learning could not possibly produce the Holy Qur'an. Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala challenges mankind and jin to work together and produce a Qhr'an like it.

Those who knew the Prophet (Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) intimately knew that what he was reciting could not be from Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) himself. They knew immediately that what he was reciting was devinely inspired. They knew that the Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) was not capable of producing the Qur'an on his own. To make matters worse, he was going against the Quraish, his tribe, who was the most powerful in Arabia at that time. Was he crazy? Was he a lunatic?

The Quraish were against Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) because preaching a One True God their idol making business was at stake. Being a soft hearted person he would never willingly or knowingly go against his uncles. He had so much to lose rather than gain.

Sahih International

And if you are in doubt about what We have sent down upon Our Servant [Muhammad], then produce a surah the like thereof and call upon your witnesses other than Allah , if you should be truthful.

2:23

Edited by Abu Loren - 30 November 2012 at 3:07am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic