Print Page | Close Window

Answers to your Questions

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Interfaith Dialogue
Forum Description: It is for Interfaith dialogue, where Muslims discuss with non-Muslims. We encourge that dialogue takes place in a cordial atmosphere on various topics including religious tolerance.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=24252
Printed Date: 16 April 2024 at 4:13am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Answers to your Questions
Posted By: Abu Loren
Subject: Answers to your Questions
Date Posted: 09 November 2012 at 7:01am
As'alaamu Alaikkum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Christians usually tend to ask the same questions over and over again even if they were provided with the answers. So in this I will try to provide answers that they may ask Insha'Allah. My intention on this thread is to ask one question at a time then discuss, if people are willing to engage and then more questions and answers will come as the questions are exausted Insha'Allah.

1) Is Allah an idol of the Ka'ba?

No. Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala is the One and Only God who created the heavens and the earth and every living thing. The Ka'ba is the first house of worship and people initially worshipped the God of Abraham (pbuh) alone without any partners. However, over time this changed as people began to worship idols, then they put these idols in the Ka'ba. So what happened was that the True God was worshipped alongside these idols. There is a misconception that Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala is one of these idols.

Ask yourself this question. Why would God Almighty send a messenger and Prophet to destroy these idols in the Ka'ba and to inform mankind that there is only One God? What did Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) benefit from this?

Well I will answer these two questions for you as well Insha'Allah.

Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala had always sent messengers and prophets to mankind to warn them of the consequenses of their deviation from worshipping Him. His message has always been the same, basically that there is only One God and to worship Him alone, pray, give in charity , perform pilgrimage etc.

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) did not benefit financially. In fact, he gave up all of his wealth for the cause of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and when he died all he had in his possession was the clothes that he was wearing, his sandals and a bowl.

Replies:
Posted By: Experiential
Date Posted: 09 November 2012 at 3:40pm

Hello Abu Loren

I notice you and Larry have already discussed the pagan influence on Islam of the Black Stone you bow to (al-Hajaru-l-Aswad )on the thread "Christians you are not Israelites" on / around page 18 - 21.

I also notice Larrys arguments were well ressearched and argued using historical and athropological sources, while you simply reverted to using the Quaran to support the Quaran which is a circular and non sensical argument or you glibly parroted "that is your opinion" without refuting his evidence.

I hope you have something more constructive to offer this time a round.

Posted By: Ron Webb
Date Posted: 09 November 2012 at 4:27pm
I think this is a good idea, Abu, and I look forward to reading more.  Perhaps it should be in the "Basics of Islam" or "Islam for non-Muslims" section though.  In "Interfaith Dialogue" you may get bogged down in endless debates on each question, which I don't think  is your intention.

One topic you might want to consider is a glossary of Arabic phrases that keep popping up on the forum: things like "Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala" and "Insha'Allah", for instance.  What exactly do they mean, and why do Muslims continually drop Arabic phrases into English?

-------------
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.

Date Posted: 09 November 2012 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

I think this is a good idea, Abu, and I look forward to reading more.  Perhaps it should be in the "Basics of Islam" or "Islam for non-Muslims" section though.  In "Interfaith Dialogue" you may get bogged down in endless debates on each question, which I don't think  is your intention.

One topic you might want to consider is a glossary of Arabic phrases that keep popping up on the forum: things like "Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala" and "Insha'Allah", for instance.  What exactly do they mean, and why do Muslims continually drop Arabic phrases into English?

OMG things are definately changing. Mr. Ron Webb being civil and being nice for a change. What are the chances that he will take the Shahada soon?

Posted By: Ghazzali
Date Posted: 09 November 2012 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

OMG things are definately changing. Mr. Ron Webb being civil and being nice for a change. What are the chances that he will take the Shahada soon?

Ha ha ha. I just love this forum. 

-------------
The world is a dangerous place to live in, not because of the bad people, but because of the good people who does not do anything about it.

Posted By: Caringheart
Date Posted: 11 November 2012 at 2:09pm

Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

Just for the record.  I thought it was a good idea as well and looked forward to reading more.
CH

note:  I think Ron has always been 'civil' and fair minded.

Date Posted: 11 November 2012 at 11:43pm
2) Why was the Holy Qur'an revealed to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)?
The answer to this question can be found in the Holy Qur'an in the 18th Chapter entitled 'Al Kahf' or The Cave.

Sahih International

[All] praise is [due] to Allah , who has sent down upon His Servant the Book and has not made therein any deviance.
[He has made it] straight, to warn of severe punishment from Him and to give good tidings to the believers who do righteous deeds that they will have a good reward
In which they will remain forever
And to warn those who say, " Allah has taken a son."
They have no knowledge of it, nor had their fathers. Grave is the word that comes out of their mouths; they speak not except a lie. 18:1-5

Date Posted: 12 November 2012 at 2:22am

Christians usually tend to ask the same questions over and over again even if they were provided with the answers. So in this I will try to provide answers that they may ask Insha'Allah. My intention on this thread is to ask one question at a time then discuss, if people are willing to engage and then more questions and answers will come as the questions are exausted Insha'Allah.

1) Is Allah an idol of the Ka'ba?

No. Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala is the One and Only God who created the heavens and the earth and every living thing. The Ka'ba is the first house of worship and people initially worshipped the God of Abraham (pbuh) alone without any partners. However, over time this changed as people began to worship idols, then they put these idols in the Ka'ba. So what happened was that the True God was worshipped alongside these idols. There is a misconception that Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala is one of these idols.

Ask yourself this question. Why would God Almighty send a messenger and Prophet to destroy these idols in the Ka'ba and to inform mankind that there is only One God? What did Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) benefit from this?

Well I will answer these two questions for you as well Insha'Allah.

Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala had always sent messengers and prophets to mankind to warn them of the consequenses of their deviation from worshipping Him. His message has always been the same, basically that there is only One God and to worship Him alone, pray, give in charity , perform pilgrimage etc.

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) did not benefit financially. In fact, he gave up all of his wealth for the cause of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and when he died all he had in his possession was the clothes that he was wearing, his sandals and a bowl.

Islam is Defiled with Shirk from Al-Hajaru-l-Aswad (The Black Rock)

The early history of Mecca shows that it was a place of pilgrimage long before Mohammed. The battle of Islam for the conquest of Arabia was determined at Mecca. This was the capture of the Pagan center

The Black Stone was revered well before the rise of Islam. Manat, the goddess of destiny, worshiped as a black stone on the road between Mecca and Medina; and the moon god, Hubal, whose worship was connected with the Black Stone of the Kaaba.

By the time of Muhammad, it was already associated with the Kaaba, a pre-Islamic shrine that was revered as a sacred sanctuary and a site of pilgrimage. The Semitic cultures of the Middle East had a tradition of using unusual stones to mark places of worship, a phenomenon which is reflected in the Hebrew Bible as well as the Qur'an.[

A "red stone" was the deity of the south Arabian city of Ghaiman, and there was a "white stone" in the Ka'ba of al-Abalat (near the city of Tabala, south of Mecca). Worship at that time period was often associated with stone reverence, mountains, special rock formations, or distinctive trees.

Before the time of Mohammad when Arabia was pagan Idolators did the same � walked around it a certain number of times and kissed it. Each local tribe of Arab Pagans kissed their own tribal black stones. Islam has simply integrated part of a pagan religious ceremony into its own. Mohammad compromised with pagan idolatory probably did this so as not to become unpopular with pagans when he was introducing his new religion.

Moharram was the month of the great feast. Tree worship and stone worship as we shall see later belong to the old heathenism. In Nagran a date-palm served as god. A number of sacred trees or groves between Mecca and Medina which formerly were idol temples, are now visited because "Mohammed resided there, prayed there, or had his hair cut under them." (See Bokhari, 1:68-3:36.)

Abraham and Ishmael travelling to Mecca is a Muslim myth. Mohamad gained by making his new religion more attractive to the pagans with his compropmise with the Black stone idol. Shirk ! 

Date Posted: 12 November 2012 at 2:30am

2) Why was the Holy Qur'an revealed to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)?
The answer to this question can be found in the Holy Qur'an in the 18th Chapter entitled 'Al Kahf' or The Cave.

Sahih International

[All] praise is [due] to Allah , who has sent down upon His Servant the Book and has not made therein any deviance.
[He has made it] straight, to warn of severe punishment from Him and to give good tidings to the believers who do righteous deeds that they will have a good reward
In which they will remain forever
And to warn those who say, " Allah has taken a son."
They have no knowledge of it, nor had their fathers. Grave is the word that comes out of their mouths; they speak not except a lie. 18:1-5

If thou wert in doubt as to what We have revealed unto thee, then ask those who have been reading the book before thee. Surah 10.94

Date Posted: 15 November 2012 at 11:20am
3) What is Islam?
Islam stands for �Submission� or �Peace�. In a religious context, it implies the peace that reaches out to one when one completely submits oneself to the will of Almighty God. This is achieved only when the individual acts in accordance with the direction of his Creator in all spheres of life.
http://www.nicheoftruth.org/ - http://www.nicheoftruth.org/

Date Posted: 15 November 2012 at 11:21am

Posted By: abuayisha
Date Posted: 15 November 2012 at 11:52am

You know what? I've changed my mind I'm not going to apologise any more. Those terms are in the Holy Qur'an and I am happy to use it against people who do not believe in Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. People who are hurt by it then tough, grow up and be a man.
It looks like there's only 3 people defending Islam on this forum from the crusading Christians. Myself, Beebok and Mahdi the Seeker.

Perhaps you may what to defer "defending Islam" to the other three for a while.

Date Posted: 16 November 2012 at 1:46am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Caringheart you really are an obnoxious person if I were to meet you in real life I think I would punch you in the face!

Abu,

and all of your outspoken beliefs on the faith of others are never to be construed as obnoxious?
How about simple free speech?
You have no problem stating your beliefs, and who has threatened you for them?

CH

Believe it or not I was being light hearted as my dark humour can be misunderstood. I would never hit a person intentionally and the Prophet has forbidden for people to hit others on the face.

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "If somebody fights (or beats somebody) then he should avoid the face."

Posted By: semar
Date Posted: 17 November 2012 at 9:45am

Believe it or not I was being light hearted as my dark humour can be misunderstood. I would never hit a person intentionally and the Prophet has forbidden for people to hit others on the face.

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "If somebody fights (or beats somebody) then he should avoid the face."

Salam Abu,

You should practice the principle in your writing. You should nice to everyone regarding thir believe, by choosing the nice word.

-------------
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"

Date Posted: 17 November 2012 at 10:05am

Narrated Abu Huraira:

I believe you.  Thank you.  Humor is not always easy to discern on the internet.  We grow in understanding.

Salaam,
CH

Date Posted: 20 November 2012 at 8:11pm
As'alaamu Alaikkum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa barakatuhu
4) How can you say that the God of the Christians and Jews is the God of the Qur'an?
Muhsin Khan

Say (O Muhammad Peace be upon him) to the Jews and Christians, "Dispute you with us about Allah while He is our Lord and your Lord? And we are to be rewarded for our deeds and you for your deeds. And we are sincere to Him in worship and obedience (i.e. we worship Him Alone and none else, and we obey His Orders)." 2:139
So if they dispute with you (Muhammad SAW) say: "I have submitted myself to Allah (in Islam), and (so have) those who follow me." And say to those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) and to those who are illiterates (Arab pagans): "Do you (also) submit yourselves (to Allah in Islam)?" If they do, they are rightly guided; but if they turn away, your duty is only to convey the Message; and Allah is All-Seer of (His ) slaves. 3:20

Date Posted: 25 November 2012 at 2:54am

5) Does everybody needs to become Muslims to be saved?

Yes.

As previously discussed, the Jews have earned the anger of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and the Christians are astray with the doctrine of the Trinity. For these reasons Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala sent down the final revelation to the final Prophet who is Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) as a mercy to mankind. Muhammad's (Salallhu Alayhi Wa Sallam) Ummah or community is the only religion that is follwing the monotheism of Ibrahim (Alayhi Wa Sallam). Therefore, one must obey what has been ordered in the Holy Qur'an and what has been tasked to Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam).

Sahih International

And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds. 21:107

And this [Qur'an] is a Book We have revealed [which is] blessed, so follow it and fear Allah that you may receive mercy. 6:155

They say, "Be Jews or Christians [so] you will be guided." Say, "Rather, [we follow] the religion of Abraham, inclining toward truth, and he was not of the polytheists." 2:135

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said in the interpretation of the Ayah reported:"You are the best of peoples ever raised up for (the benefit of) mankind..." (3:110): The best for mankind are those who bring them with chains round their necks till they embrace Islam (and thereby save them from the eternal punishment in the Hell-fire, and make them enter Jannah in the Hereafter)."

Narrated Abu Sa`id:

The Prophet ( ) said, "Allah will say, 'O Adam!. Adam will reply, 'Labbaik and Sa`daik (I respond to Your Calls, I am obedient to Your orders), wal Khair fi Yadaik (and all the good is in Your Hands)!' Then Allah will say (to Adam), Bring out the people of the Fire.' Adam will say, 'What (how many) are the people of the Fire?' Allah will say, 'Out of every thousand (take out) nine-hundred and ninetynine (persons).' At that time children will become hoary-headed and every pregnant female will drop her load (have an abortion) and you will see the people as if they were drunk, yet not drunk; But Allah's punishment will be very severe." That news distressed the companions of the Prophet ( ) too much, and they said, "O Allah's Messenger ( ) ! Who amongst us will be that man (the lucky one out of one-thousand who will be saved from the Fire)?" He said, "Have the good news that one-thousand will be from Gog and Magog, and the one (to be saved will be) from you." The Prophet ( ) added, "By Him in Whose Hand my soul is, I Hope that you (Muslims) will be one third of the people of Paradise." On that, we glorified and praised Allah and said, "Allahu Akbar." The Prophet ( ) then said, "By Him in Whose Hand my soul is, I hope that you will be one half of the people of Paradise, as your (Muslims) example in comparison to the other people (non-Muslims), is like that of a white hair on the skin of a black ox, or a round hairless spot on the foreleg of a donkey."

Posted By: honeto
Date Posted: 25 November 2012 at 4:12pm

Caringheart you really are an obnoxious person if I were to meet you in real life I think I would punch you in the face!
Abu,and all of your outspoken beliefs on the faith of others are never to be construed as obnoxious?How about simple free speech?You have no problem stating your beliefs, and who has threatened you for them?CH

Caringheart,
of course each one of us have different level of tolerance and reaction. But I remember you came to this forum saying you want to learn about Islam, and now we know with your posts your real intentions that you insult Islam and our beloved prophet (pbuh) on a regular bases and some times we loose patience with you. And I know we should control that as a Muslim. May God Almighty give us patience against you and those like you who are not interested in truth nor guidance rather to put down Islam and to misguide others.
You could not even explain nor prove basics of your belief, let alone to preach others with your wolf behavior in sheep clothing.
Hasan

-------------
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Date Posted: 25 November 2012 at 5:52pm
Greetings Hasan,

You are wrong, I am only interested in truth.

How is it that you can state your beliefs about others faith and not consider it 'putting down', or 'attacking', or 'being hateful'?  Do you honestly think there is any difference in you stating your beliefs and others stating theirs?  Are you 'putting down, 'attacking', 'being hateful'...?  Because I am not.  You think you do not 'insult' the faith of others?

Does anyone accuse you of 'seeking to misguide', because you express your disbelief in the faith of others, or because you express your beliefs in your own?
You can not 'prove basics of your belief' to me either... that's why it's called beliefs.  There is no proof when it comes to beliefs, only a seeking after the truth and praying that we are rightly guided.

You continue to call me things that I am not(I am not hateful, which if you read all my posts you will see, and I am not a liar), and I could choose to find the fact that you say those things offensive.  However, I choose to call it misunderstanding and hope that we will work towards greater understanding.

Salaam,
CH

Date Posted: 25 November 2012 at 6:22pm

Abu,
Why did you say this?
It seems my posts have disappeared.
CH

Date Posted: 26 November 2012 at 2:15pm

Greetings Hasan,You are wrong, I am only interested in truth.How is it that you can state your beliefs about others faith and not consider it 'putting down', or 'attacking', or 'being hateful'?� Do you honestly think there is any difference in you stating your beliefs and others stating theirs?� Are you 'putting down, 'attacking', 'being hateful'...?� Because I am not.� You think you do not 'insult' the faith of others?Does anyone accuse you of 'seeking to misguide', because you express your disbelief in the faith of others, or because you express your beliefs in your own?You can not 'prove basics of your belief' to me either... that's why it's called beliefs.� There is no proof when it comes to beliefs, only a seeking after the truth and praying that we are rightly guided.You continue to call me things that I am not(I am not hateful, which if you read all my posts you will see, and I am not a liar), and I could choose to find the fact that you say those things offensive.� However, I choose to call it misunderstanding and hope that we will work towards greater understanding.Salaam,CH

Caringheart,
every word I said is true to my knowledge and is based on how I remember you so far through your posts. If you forgot, the forum has them as record. I will go through some of your posts and your will see a new thread " Story of Caringheart" appear and I will show you exactly how you came to the forum and how you slowly exposed you inner intentions through your posts.
Hasan

-------------
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Date Posted: 26 November 2012 at 2:48pm
I think that is a good idea Hasan.  I had actually thought of making the suggestion myself that you go back and look at my earliest posts and see the congeniality of them.  You may not have liked my take on things but then I can not say that I like all the takes I have heard spoken by people on these forums about other religions either.  Yet I allow them their beliefs and do not accuse and attack them.  In fact I feel that I have grown in understanding.
Salaam,
CH

Posted By: Nausheen
Date Posted: 26 November 2012 at 5:18pm
Im liking this thread very much.

Abu Loren, may Allah reward you manifolds, ameen. Please keep up the good work.

Barak Allahu feek!

-------------
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]

Date Posted: 26 November 2012 at 6:57pm
Spare me the chains please and leave me to my own decisions.  Let my salvation be in my own hands.  Just as I would not force you to accept my beliefs, or seek to subjugate you because of yours.

Date Posted: 27 November 2012 at 1:59am

5) Does everybody needs to become Muslims to be saved?

Yes.

As previously discussed, the Jews have earned the anger of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and the Christians are astray with the doctrine of the Trinity. For these reasons Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala sent down the final revelation to the final Prophet who is Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) as a mercy to mankind. Muhammad's (Salallhu Alayhi Wa Sallam) Ummah or community is the only religion that is follwing the monotheism of Ibrahim (Alayhi Wa Sallam). Therefore, one must obey what has been ordered in the Holy Qur'an and what has been tasked to Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam).

Sahih International

And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds. 21:107

And this [Qur'an] is a Book We have revealed [which is] blessed, so follow it and fear Allah that you may receive mercy. 6:155

They say, "Be Jews or Christians [so] you will be guided." Say, "Rather, [we follow] the religion of Abraham, inclining toward truth, and he was not of the polytheists." 2:135

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said in the interpretation of the Ayah reported:"You are the best of peoples ever raised up for (the benefit of) mankind..." (3:110): The best for mankind are those who bring them with chains round their necks till they embrace Islam (and thereby save them from the eternal punishment in the Hell-fire, and make them enter Jannah in the Hereafter)."

Narrated Abu Sa`id:

The Prophet ( ) said, "Allah will say, 'O Adam!. Adam will reply, 'Labbaik and Sa`daik (I respond to Your Calls, I am obedient to Your orders), wal Khair fi Yadaik (and all the good is in Your Hands)!' Then Allah will say (to Adam), Bring out the people of the Fire.' Adam will say, 'What (how many) are the people of the Fire?' Allah will say, 'Out of every thousand (take out) nine-hundred and ninetynine (persons).' At that time children will become hoary-headed and every pregnant female will drop her load (have an abortion) and you will see the people as if they were drunk, yet not drunk; But Allah's punishment will be very severe." That news distressed the companions of the Prophet ( ) too much, and they said, "O Allah's Messenger ( ) ! Who amongst us will be that man (the lucky one out of one-thousand who will be saved from the Fire)?" He said, "Have the good news that one-thousand will be from Gog and Magog, and the one (to be saved will be) from you." The Prophet ( ) added, "By Him in Whose Hand my soul is, I Hope that you (Muslims) will be one third of the people of Paradise." On that, we glorified and praised Allah and said, "Allahu Akbar." The Prophet ( ) then said, "By Him in Whose Hand my soul is, I hope that you will be one half of the people of Paradise, as your (Muslims) example in comparison to the other people (non-Muslims), is like that of a white hair on the skin of a black ox, or a round hairless spot on the foreleg of a donkey."

If thou wert in doubt as to what We have revealed unto thee, then ask those who have been reading the book before thee (Jews and Christians) . Surah 10.94

Date Posted: 27 November 2012 at 10:55am

I think that is a good idea Hasan.� I had actually thought of making the suggestion myself that you go back and look at my earliest posts and see the congeniality of them.� You may not have liked my take on things but then I can not say that I like all the takes I have heard spoken by people on these forums about other religions either.� Yet I allow them their beliefs and do not accuse and attack them.� In fact I feel that I have grown in understanding.Salaam,CH

CAringhert,
of course we all grow in understanding and knowledge as we exchange how and what we belief and similar issues that are so important and dear to us.
It is the denial of facts and not being able to prove a claim one is so eager to make that gets us a bit upset. But at the end it is up to the person and of course that will only affect that person who deny or accepts the truth, and that's a relief.
Time permitting I will put together and post it!
Hasan

-------------

Date Posted: 30 November 2012 at 3:03am
6) Was Prophet Muahammad (pbuh) really illiterate?

Sahih International

Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered prophet, whom they find written in what they have of the Torah and the Gospel, who enjoins upon them what is right and forbids them what is wrong and makes lawful for them the good things and prohibits for them the evil and relieves them of their burden and the shackles which were upon them. So they who have believed in him, honored him, supported him and followed the light which was sent down with him - it is those who will be the successful.

Say, [O Muhammad], "O mankind, indeed I am the Messenger of Allah to you all, [from Him] to whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth. There is no deity except Him; He gives life and causes death." So believe in Allah and His Messenger, the unlettered prophet, who believes in Allah and His words, and follow him that you may be guided. 7:157-158

Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala has called Prophet Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) the unlettered prophet. However, there are those doubters who claim that the Prophet (Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) had the opportunity to learn to read and write and to learn the Jewish and Christian doctrine whilst he was a caravan manager on his travels to Syria. Even if he went into the churches and synagogues of Syria and engaged with the priests and rabbis, there would not be enough time for him to study these materials in depth. Let's say for arguements sake that he stayed in Syria for a month at a time on his travels, then this is not nearly enough time for him to get acquainted with the teachings of Judaism and Christianity. After the conclusion of business they are keen to make the ardous and long return journdy back to Arabia. Then the doubters will say that he had the chance to read whilst travelling. Even so could it be possible for him to become a scholar this way? people who study full time and devote their lives to learning could not possibly produce the Holy Qur'an. Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala challenges mankind and jin to work together and produce a Qhr'an like it.

Those who knew the Prophet (Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) intimately knew that what he was reciting could not be from Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) himself. They knew immediately that what he was reciting was devinely inspired. They knew that the Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) was not capable of producing the Qur'an on his own. To make matters worse, he was going against the Quraish, his tribe, who was the most powerful in Arabia at that time. Was he crazy? Was he a lunatic?

The Quraish were against Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) because preaching a One True God their idol making business was at stake. Being a soft hearted person he would never willingly or knowingly go against his uncles. He had so much to lose rather than gain.

Sahih International

And if you are in doubt about what We have sent down upon Our Servant [Muhammad], then produce a surah the like thereof and call upon your witnesses other than Allah , if you should be truthful.

2:23

Date Posted: 04 December 2012 at 5:13am
7) Why is Islam one of the Abrahamaic faith?

Sahih International

And [mention, O Muhammad], when Abraham was tried by his Lord with commands and he fulfilled them. [ Allah ] said, "Indeed, I will make you a leader for the people." [Abraham] said, "And of my descendants?" [ Allah ] said, "My covenant does not include the wrongdoers." 2:124 

And who would be averse to the religion of Abraham except one who makes a fool of himself. And We had chosen him in this world, and indeed he, in the Hereafter, will be among the righteous. 2:130 

Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was one inclining toward truth, a Muslim [submitting to Allah ]. And he was not of the polytheists. 3:67

Date Posted: 06 December 2012 at 2:21am
8) Why are there different sects within Islam?

Prophet Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) prophecied that there would be 73 sects within Islam. Only one of these would be on the Straight Path thus achieving salvation.

Abu �Amir al-Hawdhani said:

Mu�awiyah b. Abi Sufiyan stood among us and said: Beware! The Apostle of ALLA H (SAWS) stood among us and said: Beware! The people of the Book before were split up into seventy-two sects, and this community will be split into seventy three: seventy-two of them will go to Hell and one of them will go to Paradise, and it is the majority group.

Narrated Hudhaifa bin Al-Yaman:

The people used to ask Allah's Messenger ( ) about good, but I used to ask him about evil for fear that it might overtake me. Once I said, "O Allah's Messenger ( ) ! We were in ignorance and in evil and Allah has bestowed upon us the present good; will there by any evil after this good?" He said, "Yes." I asked, "Will there be good after that evil?" He said, "Yes, but it would be tained with Dakhan (i.e. Little evil)." I asked, "What will its Dakhan be?" He said, "There will be some people who will lead (people) according to principles other than my tradition. You will see their actions and disapprove of them." I said, "Will there by any evil after that good?" He said, "Yes, there will be some people who will invite others to the doors of Hell, and whoever accepts their invitation to it will be thrown in it (by them)." I said, "O Allah's Messenger ( ) ! Describe those people to us." He said, "They will belong to us and speak our language" I asked, "What do you order me to do if such a thing should take place in my life?" He said, "Adhere to the group of Muslims and their Chief." I asked, "If there is neither a group (of Muslims) nor a chief (what shall I do)?" He said, "Keep away from all those different sects, even if you had to bite (i.e. eat) the root of a tree, till you meet Allah while you are still in that state."

Date Posted: 06 December 2012 at 2:11pm
Subhanallah,
may Allah guide us all to the right and save us from the evil and the hell fire. Jazakallah brother.
Hasan

-------------

Date Posted: 06 December 2012 at 7:56pm
This reminded me of something.  These are some notes I had made in my earlier studies in August... Aug. 11 notes, to be precise.  Notes as follows:
Muhammad is reputed to have foretold this proliferation of opposing sects, each claiming allegiance to him and quoting the Qur'an in Support of their contradictory views. According to Abdullah Ibn Omar, Muhammad said: 'Truly, what happened to the Israelites will happen to my people. The Israelites were divided into seventy two sects, and my people will be divided into seventy three." (citation: http://jloughnan.tripod.com/3f_islam.htm)
What struck me as interesting about this is that it resonated with this which I only just read this morning in the preface of one of my Bibles...
"The Bible contains 72 books (or 73, depending on whether the Book of Lamentations is listed as a separate book and not as part of Jeremiah)..."
Coincidence?
(Aug. 11, 2012)

Date Posted: 07 December 2012 at 5:17pm
If we follow and stick to the Quran and the Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh) and stay away from deviations, we will be the ones that will make it, Inshahallah. And of course asking or begging for Allah's mercy and Forgiveness as often as possible is the best safety net. And not to commit that unforgivable sin of associating and worshiping others with God, or as God.
Hasan

-------------

Date Posted: 10 December 2012 at 1:44am
9) What is JIHAD?

Jihad is simply translated as struggle.

It is interesting to note that the English translation of the Holy Qur'an by Dr. Muhsin Khan uses Jihad as holy war, holy fighting or armed struggle. However, there is another word for this in the Arabic language which is Qisas.

Jihad can also be an inner struggle in which one finds himself struggling against faith or struggling with performing the duties of a believing Muslim such as praying on time, giving charity etc.

It is a misconception in Islam to suggest that Jihad means fighting non believers or taking up arms against non believers. In Islam any kind of offence is forbidden, Muslims are only allowed to defend their property and their faith.

People also use the Jihad to imply that the early Muslims forcibly conquered nearby lands and made people submit to Islam. This is against the very natrure of being a Muslim. For being a Muslim means that the one who has submitted to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala must do so willingly and not be forced against one's wishes. Then if that is the case then that person is not a true Muslim, and the ones who forced them have commited a serious sin.

Today, of course, militants use the term Jihad freely to kill and maim innocent Muslims and non Muslims whilst it is a politcal act rather than a religious one. Any taking of life is one the gravest of sins and if not repented then it is unforgiveable. It is stated in the Holy Qur'an that taking a life is like killing the whole of humanity.

Allahu Alum!

Date Posted: 14 December 2012 at 3:04am
10) So tell me about ISLAM again?

Islam is the only religion that is the continuation of what God Almighty has given to Prophet Abraham (peace be upon him). Ever since creating man, Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala has given mankind instructions in how to worship, glorify and honour him in ways that are pleasing to Him. These instructions were first given to the first man that God created father Adam (peace be upon him). Then it continued with all the Prophets of God (peace be upon them all). Prophet Abraham (peace be upon him) was given special honour and privilege with a covenent that is ever lasting, therefore to achieve salvation one must believe in the Oneness of God, forsaking all others.

The Children if Israel were given a special task by God Almighty but through their disobedience and transgressions and finally rejecting the Messiah Jesus (peace be upon him) God then abandoned them and chose a new people who were the followers of Jesus (peace be upon him). However, these followers of Jesus (peace be upon him) soon went astray with their heretical doctrine of the Trinity. So both of these groups were removed from the Abrahamaic covenent. Through the infinite Mercy of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala He sent a final messenger to mankind with a final revelation which is the Holy Qur'an. To achieve salvation everyone must be part of this final covenent and believe that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad is the final messenger and slave of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.

Like Prophet Abraham and Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon them) one must overcome the false belief of their parents and must symbolically destroy the idols by taking the Shahada and uttering "Ashadu anla Illaha Illallah, wa ashadu anna Muhammadan abduhu rasooluhu".

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net