IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Did God turn his back on Israel and Islam?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Did God turn his back on Israel and Islam?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2013 at 9:44am
Greetings Friendship,
"I asked the origin of the Palestinians in one of these threads, but I am yet to get an answer."
I did a whole lot of reading and research on this a while back.  I don't have time to pull out all that research now, but basically the Palestinians are the arabs who moved into the land around Jerusalem after the Jews were driven out and the land was left vacant... and those arabs who emigrated to the land after the return of the Jews, when the Jews rebuilt the land, and jobs became available.  I am not speaking of the return of Jews after 1947, but prior.
(I have changed computers so most of my research is on flash drive now and difficult to track down.  i used to use two different computers)

"Thirdly, there are many Palestinians with Jewish blood and Jews with Palestinian blood. Let us be wise and friendly!"
Absolutely correct... all brothers.

"If you have read the Talmud, Torah and the explanations passed to us by the Rabbis, Isaac and Ishmael lived in Palestinian as mutual loving and hearty brothers."
Really, this is what the Rabbi's teach?  Thanks for sharing.  I have long wanted to delve into what is taught in Judaism.

Salaam,
Caringheart
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2013 at 10:17pm

Assalamu alaika Kish.

You said: Was Muhammad aware of an uncorrupted version of the Holy Scriptures when he was told to recite?

Answer: At that instant he did not know.

You said: If so, where and why didn�t this so call �angel Gabriel� tell Muhammad to correct it?

Answer: Muhammad did not know about the allegations of those who called themselves Christians until 9 years after his migration to Madina when he was visited by that folk from Najran. It was during their exchange of Scriptural texts that they rose the question of trinity. There and then chapter 3 was revealed. When he told them the true nature of Jesus son of Maryam, they did not disagree. They went back and after reflecting on the truth they rejected what was said but trinity

You said: If so, why did Allah fail to preserve it as he promised he would?

Answer: The greatest preservation is the failure of humanity to correct itself by using its own code of conduct. If you want to test that preservation, it was done between 623-632 A.C. If that way of life is repeated today, then you will be assured of that preservation.

You said: Why didn�t Jesus 12 Apostles say they were corrupted,

Answer: Were they alive during the time of Muhammad?

You said: only modern Muslims?

Answer: It was the Levi clan of the children of Israel in Madina who conferred the authenticity of the Qur'an (what Allah revealed to Muhammad). So they are the ones to be blamed.

Answer: Also, there are over a dozen passages in the Quran that says to believe, read and follow the Gospel, how could you if it was corrupted?

Answer: They are more than a dozen. The truth is 95% of the Qur'an is from previous Scriptures. Muhammad challenged the Levi clan in Madina to bring a Book from Allah better than the Talmud and the Qur'an in guidance and improving socio-economic conditions for him to follow.

You said: Either way this brings on a serious, serious problem for Muslims not for Christians.

Answer: I believe the opposite is the truth. The followers of Muhammad recognized those who called themselves Christians more than the Jews. Conflict began between the Jews and the Christians and never with the followers of Muhammad.

You said: Besides, Muslims do not even have the original copies of the Qur'an let alone the original Qur'an. If anything, just word of mouth and you know how unreliable that is where as the Holy Scriptures have eye-witness testimonies of the event.

Answer: So, it is you who knows and have the original copy of the Qur'an. Then bring it out and read it. It must contain guidance for mankind. If you follow it, you can will win Taliban and al-Qaeda. 

Deuteronomy 6:4 �Listen, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah. Yehwah′ �Elo�heh′nu Yehwah′
Holy Qur'an 2:163: And your Ilaah (God) is One Ilaah, La ilaaha Illa Huwa (there is none who has the right to be worshipped but he) the Most Gracious, the most Merciful.

Friendship.

Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2013 at 9:48pm
Assalamu alaika Kish.

As for the Israelites we know the meaning of the word and its history. As for the Palestinians I can say that it refers to that land probably called generally Canaan or the land east of the river Jordan. According to the methodology of arguing in the teaching of Muhammad, there cannot be problem between them because they are different entities. Kish, if only each and every one follows the course of his Messenger, there will be peace in the world.
secondly, I asked the origin of the Palestinians in one of these threads, but I am yet to get an answer.
Thirdly, there are many Palestinians with Jewish blood and Jews with Palestinian blood. Let us be wise and friendly! If you have read the Talmud, Torah and the explanations passed to us by the Rabbis, Isaac and Ishmael lived in Palestinian as mutual loving and hearty brothers.

Friendship.
786SalamKhan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 786SalamKhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2013 at 12:06am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

Assalamu alaikum.
I always call for commonsense and reasoning prevail in this forum. There is no need turning us as unintelligent folks and driven to hair splitting arguments.

Hear, hear.  I agree.

Isaac was born when Ishmael was 16 years or so. It shows that Ishmael was also in Palestine then and not in Makka. This was the moment Ishmael was driven away. At sixteen years old his mother left him looking for water. The child was crying etc. Nobody question this. If actually both are normal human beings and behaved as we behave today, I have never seen in our society where mocking between brothers do not take place. If this is odd in today's Western Christian culture, I am sure it is not so in the then Jewish Muslim culture.

Friendship.

Greetings Friendship,

Your post calls to mind two things....
Doesn't it seem odd to say that a 16 year old was a child and crying as his mother looked for water?
Just seems odd to me.

You are right teasing between brothers is nothing unusual, but apparently Sara found it intolerable... as a mother protective of her son?
I am thinking due to the tension and resentment that had been there between herself and Hagar already, before Isaac was conceived, and now perhaps the fact that the son born first was perhaps choosing to 'lord' that fact over Isaac?  Making himself to be more important?

Just look at what Joseph's brothers did to him when he acted self important.

Yes it is quite strange.

Genesis 21:14

King James Version (KJV)

And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and took bread, and a bottle of water, and gave it unto Hagar, putting it on her shoulder, and the child, and sent her away: and she departed, and wandered in the wilderness of Beersheba.

Genesis 21:18

King James Version (KJV)

Arise, lift up the lad(?), and hold him in thine hand; for I will make him a great nation.

Genesis describes Ishmael as a child in the desert.

Kish View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2013 at 10:03pm

Originally posted by </span><a name=172971></a>786SalamKhan 786SalamKhan wrote:

The Quran only says to believe in the (original) previous scriptures that were sent to the Prophets of old.

Was Muhammad aware of an uncorrupted version of the Holy Scriptures when he was told to recite? If so, where and why didn�t this so call �angel Gabriel� tell Muhammad to correct it? If so, why did Allah fail to preserve it as he promised he would? Why didn�t Jesus 12 Apostles say they were corrupted, only modern Muslims? Also, there are over a dozen passages in the Quran that says to believe, read and follow the Gospel, how could you if it was corrupted?

Either way this brings on a serious, serious problem for Muslims not for Christians. Besides, Muslims do not even have the original copies of the Quran let alone the original Quran. If anything, just word of mouth and you know how unreliable that is where as the Holy Scriptures have eye-witness testimonies of the event.   

Kish View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2013 at 9:22pm

Originally posted by friendship friendship wrote:

I have never seen in our society where mocking between brothers do not take place.

Friendship, why would a 16 yr. old mock a young, young boy being weaned unless it was out of jealousy, would that not present a future problem? In fact that same problem has been handed down even today between the Israelis and Palestinians.   

But without letting personal feelings cloud your judgment, the scriptures said that (Yahweh) God saw to it that Abraham acted to remove the source of the problem from his household, regardless of how we feel on the matter.

Like you, I too always call for commonsense and reasoning to prevail in this forum.

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2013 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by 786SalamKhan 786SalamKhan wrote:

In John 16: 12 & 13, Jesus says:

�I have yet many things to say unto you,

but you cannot bear them now.

Howbeit when he, the spirit of truth, is come,

He will guide you into all truth; �

Was Muhammad a spirit?

[QUOTE=786SalamKhan]

Narrated Ubaidullah:  "Ibn 'Abbas said, 'Why do you ask the people of the scripture about anything while your Book (Quran) which has been revealed to Allah's Apostle is newer and the latest? You read it pure, undistorted and unchanged, and Allah has told you that the people of the scripture (Jews and Christians) changed their scripture and distorted it, and wrote the scripture with their own hands and said, 'It is from Allah,' to sell it for a little gain. Does not the knowledge which has come to you prevent you from asking them about anything? No, by Allah, we have never seen any man from them asking you regarding what has been revealed to you!'  (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Holding Fast to the Qur'an and Sunnah, Volume 9, Book 92, Number 461)"

The Quran only says to believe in the (original) previous scriptures that were sent to the Prophets of old.

[/quote]

This is hadith, not qur'an.  A human interpretation.

Does the qu'ran really say this?  I would have to ask who has added words?  Is this in order to add a certain meaning that perhaps was not there?

Salaam.

Edited by Caringheart - 18 January 2013 at 9:08pm
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2013 at 4:54pm

Assalamu alaikum.
I always call for commonsense and reasoning prevail in this forum. There is no need turning us as unintelligent folks and driven to hair splitting arguments.

Hear, hear.  I agree.

Isaac was born when Ishmael was 16 years or so. It shows that Ishmael was also in Palestine then and not in Makka. This was the moment Ishmael was driven away. At sixteen years old his mother left him looking for water. The child was crying etc. Nobody question this. If actually both are normal human beings and behaved as we behave today, I have never seen in our society where mocking between brothers do not take place. If this is odd in today's Western Christian culture, I am sure it is not so in the then Jewish Muslim culture.

Friendship.

Greetings Friendship,

Your post calls to mind two things....
Doesn't it seem odd to say that a 16 year old was a child and crying as his mother looked for water?
Just seems odd to me.

You are right teasing between brothers is nothing unusual, but apparently Sara found it intolerable... as a mother protective of her son?
I am thinking due to the tension and resentment that had been there between herself and Hagar already, before Isaac was conceived, and now perhaps the fact that the son born first was perhaps choosing to 'lord' that fact over Isaac?  Making himself to be more important?

Just look at what Joseph's brothers did to him when he acted self important.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic