IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - help  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 1:57pm
Ghazzali wrote: anybody who claims that Jews never said Ezra is the son of God needs to prove it. 

Your logic is flawed. 

Let's say that the koran stated that Jews have horns.  Using your logic, it is not necessary for muslims to prove that there exist or existed Jews who have/had horns.  Rather, you claim that it is necessary for non-muslims to prove that there has never been a Jew with horns.  Nonsense.

Non-muslims can provide millions of examples of Jews who don't worship Ezra.  Can muslims provide even one example of a Jew who does or did worship Ezra?

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 2:49pm
Caringheart,
you have to use some common sense otherwise the available knowledge will not make any sense to you. And imagine someone who has not shown any sign of serious learning.
But anyway, I will give you my answer, but first let me say this The Quran has never been rewritten or changed in the past fourteen hundred years after its compilation, while other belief systems and their books have come a long way.
The verse you mentioned from the Quran about the Jews is like the verse that tells the Muslims that the food of the people of the book was good to eat for a Muslim. Now you can use that verse to tell Muslims that its OK to eat the food of the Christians now as then. But It tells us more than that. What it tells us that people of the book were eating food same way Muslims eat, i.e. slaughtering the animal same way, and not eating pig meat when Quran was revealed.
What happened in time was that some people of the book, namely Christians changed the dietary laws they were following and thus their food was no more lawful to eat for a believer, a Muslim . Understanding this can help us understand the case of Ezra. Once there was a thing like that, they changed it to where it is not!
Only Allah knows the truth, and He will show us when time is right!
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 26 September 2012 at 2:54pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Ghazzali Ghazzali wrote:

No Ghazzali I have spent far too much time with making a reply only to not have it posted.  I do not like to have my time and effort wasted.
I'm sorry you feel the need to be antagonistic, but no matter.

"we have already proved that the Qur'an is the word of God"

Have you?  How?

and you are right... I do not come to debate.  I come to converse... to dialogue... to get to know Muslims.

Salaam,
Caringheart

Dialogue
1.  conversation between two or more persons.
3.  an exchange of ideas or opinions on a particular issue, especially a political or religious issue, with a view to reaching an amicable agreement or settlement.
4. to carry on a dialogue; converse.
5. to discuss areas of disagreement frankly in order to resolve them.
Discussion
1. an extended communication (often interactive) dealing with some particular topic
2. an exchange of views on some topic

Edited by Caringheart - 26 September 2012 at 9:01pm
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 3:36pm
Caringheart,
is that just an excuse, because even in your personal messages you send there is nothing concrete my friend. So I doubt that you write something that never get posted.
Please answer my post above, I worked hard for it too.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic