Print Page | Close Window

help

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Interfaith Dialogue
Forum Description: It is for Interfaith dialogue, where Muslims discuss with non-Muslims. We encourge that dialogue takes place in a cordial atmosphere on various topics including religious tolerance.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=23719
Printed Date: 19 April 2024 at 4:51am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: help
Posted By: Caringheart
Subject: help
Date Posted: 18 August 2012 at 6:55pm
As I am reading the Qur'an I find that I have questions.  One is about this surah

9:30 And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah

Can someone tell be where the Jews make this claim?

Replies:
Posted By: Abu Loren
Date Posted: 20 August 2012 at 4:37am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

As I am reading the Qur'an I find that I have questions.  One is about this surah

9:30 And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah

Can someone tell be where the Jews make this claim?

As'alaamu Alaikkum

Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala is All Knowing so even if it's not written down anywhere then we know that the Jews claimed this falsehood just like the Christians who claim that Jesus is the son of god.

Date Posted: 21 August 2012 at 2:26pm
Has anyone ever checked with a Jewish person, or Rabbi?

Posted By: Ghazzali
Date Posted: 24 September 2012 at 6:41pm
May peace be on the guided ones. Can you prove to me that the Jews never claimed that Ezra is the son of God? They may not claim it nowadays, but it does not mean that they never claimed it. It's like the Church which used to believe that the sun revolves around the earth, but later on changed its views and its current stance is that the earth actually revolves around the sun.
About asking a rabbi, why would the word of a rabbi carry more weight than the word of God?

-------------
The world is a dangerous place to live in, not because of the bad people, but because of the good people who does not do anything about it.

Date Posted: 25 September 2012 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Ghazzali Ghazzali wrote:

May peace be on the guided ones. Can you prove to me that the Jews never claimed that Ezra is the son of God? They may not claim it nowadays, but it does not mean that they never claimed it. It's like the Church which used to believe that the sun revolves around the earth, but later on changed its views and its current stance is that the earth actually revolves around the sun.
About asking a rabbi, why would the word of a rabbi carry more weight than the word of God?

What word of God?  Whose word of God?  The one that comes from Muhammad?

"Can you prove to me that the Jews never claimed that Ezra is the son of God?"
It is not in their scriptures nor I imagine has it ever been seen to be.   (Just as the Christians never said that God, Son and Mary were a trinity.  This was a misconception only of those who could not understand.)

It is the one making the claim that needs to provide the proof.

Posted By: Abu Loren
Date Posted: 26 September 2012 at 6:40am

May peace be on the guided ones. Can you prove to me that the Jews never claimed that Ezra is the son of God? They may not claim it nowadays, but it does not mean that they never claimed it. It's like the Church which used to believe that the sun revolves around the earth, but later on changed its views and its current stance is that the earth actually revolves around the sun.About asking a rabbi, why would the word of a rabbi carry more weight than the word of God?

What word of God?� Whose word of God?� The one that comes from Muhammad?
It is not in their scriptures nor I imagine has it ever been seen to be. � (Just as the Christians never said that God, Son and Mary were a trinity.� This was a misconception only of those who could not understand.)It is the one making the claim that needs to provide the proof.

You are doing it again, you are belittling Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) and his followers. Can you choose your words carefully?

Date Posted: 26 September 2012 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

May peace be on the guided ones. Can you prove to me that the Jews never claimed that Ezra is the son of God? They may not claim it nowadays, but it does not mean that they never claimed it. It's like the Church which used to believe that the sun revolves around the earth, but later on changed its views and its current stance is that the earth actually revolves around the sun.About asking a rabbi, why would the word of a rabbi carry more weight than the word of God?

It is not in their scriptures nor I imagine has it ever been seen to be.   (Just as the Christians never said that God, Son and Mary were a trinity.  This was a misconception only of those who could not understand.)It is the one making the claim that needs to provide the proof.

You are doing it again, you are belittling Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) and his followers. Can you choose your words carefully?

Greeting Abu Loren,
I am merely making the point that there is more than one claimed 'word of God'.
Others are free to express what they believe or do not believe... why not me?
It's not as if my beliefs have not been challenged(or belittled) on this forum.
Salaam,
Caringheart

Posted By: Ghazzali
Date Posted: 26 September 2012 at 1:09pm
May peace be on the guided ones. So, Ms. CaringHeart, your post did get approved. That must have shocked you, right? You couldn't wait for your post to be approved, so you sent me a private message. Ha ha ha. So immature. So impatient. So childish. Like someone who does not have the courage to stand up face to face, but stabs on the back from behind.

No, not the one that comes from Muhammad(peace be upon him), but was sent upon Muhammad( peace be upon him), by God. The only uncorrupted word of God in existence today. The only word of God that will remain pure till the Day of Judgment. The HOLY QUR'AN. The Noble Qur'an. The Majestic Qur'an.

It is not in their scriptures nor I imagine has it ever been seen to be.

How nice of you to imagine? Imagine the possibilities - Samsung.

It is the one making the claim that needs to provide the proof.

Exactly, so anybody who claims that Jews never said Ezra is the son of God needs to prove it. As for us, we have already proved that the Qur'an is the word of God, and since God does not lie, so it means that the Jews actually said that Ezra is the son of God. Proven! 1400 years ago.

Since you have not come here to debate, but to cause riots among Christians and Muslims, I will not waste my time debating with you any further. I would suggest you spend some quality time with your friends at answering-islam.org.

-------------
The world is a dangerous place to live in, not because of the bad people, but because of the good people who does not do anything about it.

Posted By: Reepicheep
Date Posted: 26 September 2012 at 1:57pm
Ghazzali wrote: anybody who claims that Jews never said Ezra is the son of God needs to prove it. 

Your logic is flawed. 

Let's say that the koran stated that Jews have horns.  Using your logic, it is not necessary for muslims to prove that there exist or existed Jews who have/had horns.  Rather, you claim that it is necessary for non-muslims to prove that there has never been a Jew with horns.  Nonsense.

Non-muslims can provide millions of examples of Jews who don't worship Ezra.  Can muslims provide even one example of a Jew who does or did worship Ezra?

Posted By: honeto
Date Posted: 26 September 2012 at 2:49pm
Caringheart,
you have to use some common sense otherwise the available knowledge will not make any sense to you. And imagine someone who has not shown any sign of serious learning.
But anyway, I will give you my answer, but first let me say this The Quran has never been rewritten or changed in the past fourteen hundred years after its compilation, while other belief systems and their books have come a long way.
The verse you mentioned from the Quran about the Jews is like the verse that tells the Muslims that the food of the people of the book was good to eat for a Muslim. Now you can use that verse to tell Muslims that its OK to eat the food of the Christians now as then. But It tells us more than that. What it tells us that people of the book were eating food same way Muslims eat, i.e. slaughtering the animal same way, and not eating pig meat when Quran was revealed.
What happened in time was that some people of the book, namely Christians changed the dietary laws they were following and thus their food was no more lawful to eat for a believer, a Muslim . Understanding this can help us understand the case of Ezra. Once there was a thing like that, they changed it to where it is not!
Only Allah knows the truth, and He will show us when time is right!
Hasan

-------------
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Date Posted: 26 September 2012 at 8:40pm

No Ghazzali I have spent far too much time with making a reply only to not have it posted.  I do not like to have my time and effort wasted.
I'm sorry you feel the need to be antagonistic, but no matter.

"we have already proved that the Qur'an is the word of God"

Have you?  How?

and you are right... I do not come to debate.  I come to converse... to dialogue... to get to know Muslims.

Salaam,
Caringheart

Dialogue
1.  conversation between two or more persons.
3.  an exchange of ideas or opinions on a particular issue, especially a political or religious issue, with a view to reaching an amicable agreement or settlement.
4. to carry on a dialogue; converse.
5. to discuss areas of disagreement frankly in order to resolve them.
Discussion
1. an extended communication (often interactive) dealing with some particular topic
2. an exchange of views on some topic

Posted By: honeto
Date Posted: 02 October 2012 at 3:36pm
Caringheart,
is that just an excuse, because even in your personal messages you send there is nothing concrete my friend. So I doubt that you write something that never get posted.
Please answer my post above, I worked hard for it too.
Hasan

-------------
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net