IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - JESUS LIED  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JESUS LIED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2012 at 4:45am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

"<span><span><span id="verse_798__6_content">And if We had made him
an angel, We would have made him [appear as] a man, and We would have
covered them with that in which they cover themselves."
</span></span></span>and so, why is it hard to understand God sending His Son to 'appear as a man'... to be in human form?<span><span><span id="verse_798__6_content"></span></span></span>

off topic
Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2012 at 4:51am

Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Instead of using attention grabbing headline may be you should have used something like 'Invented verse in the Bible'.
Similarly Mark 9:7 is very hard to believe too.
<p align="left">9:7 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a
voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

Sincere question:Why is this any harder to believe than your belief that the angel Jibril spoke to Muhammad in the cave though no one was present to witness it?In the one case you have apparently many witnesses, where in the other you have none.

It is easy to lie about something that is not verifiable. Can you produce those people who heard the voice from the cloud? Its like a guy lyi
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2012 at 5:00am

Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Instead of using attention grabbing headline may be you should have used something like 'Invented verse in the Bible'.
Similarly Mark 9:7 is very hard to believe too.
<p align="left">9:7 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a
voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

Sincere question:Why is this any harder to believe than your belief that the angel Jibril spoke to Muhammad in the cave though no one was present to witness it?In the one case you have apparently many witnesses, where in the other you have none.

It is easy to lie about something that is not verifiable. Can you produce those people who heard the voice from the cloud? You have to take the word of the gospel writer for it. Since the Gospels were written many years after the events they report, lies or exaggerations could have been added. Besides, you are going off topic
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2012 at 1:00pm
Assalamu alaika Mahdi.

Jesus never lied.
If Matthew 16:27-28 is in red letter, then it is the true word of Jesus. I have not seen my King James version that differentiated the speech of Jesus in red and others in black. I feel as if it should be in red print because there is close resemblance to Qur'an.

Friendship
Experiential View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2012 at 4:03am
Originally posted by Mahdi The Seeke Mahdi The Seeke wrote:

Matthew 16:27-28 English Standard Version (ESV)
27 For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done. 28 Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.�
Im not sure what your problem with Mathew 16.27 and 28 is?
Verse 27 is referring to his return as Jesus the Mesiah to judge the world at the last days and Verse 28 is him referring to some of them not dying until they see his kingdom expanding  leading up to and after his resurection ?
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2012 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Experiential Experiential wrote:

Matthew 16:27-28 English Standard Version (ESV) 27 For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done. 28 Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.�

Verse 27 is referring to his return as Jesus the Mesiah to judge the world at the last days and Verse 28 is him referring to some of them not dying until they see his kingdom expanding leading up to and after his resurection ?

Where is the word 'expanding' in the verses? It says some of them will not die until they Jesus coming in his kingdom aka second coming i.e with angels to pass judgement. They are all dead yet still no sign of Jesus.
Experiential View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 9:26pm

Originally posted by Experiential Experiential wrote:

Matthew 16:27-28 English Standard Version (ESV) 27 For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done. 28 Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.�

Verse 27 is referring to his return as Jesus the Mesiah to judge the world at the last days and Verse 28 is him referring to some of them not dying until they see his kingdom expanding leading up to and after his resurection ?

Where is the word 'expanding' in the verses? It says some of them will not die until they Jesus coming in his kingdom aka second coming i.e with angels to pass judgement. They are all dead yet still no sign of Jesus.

Jesus often said his Kingdom is expanding, for example in Luke 13:18 � Then Jesus asked, "What is the kingdom of God like? What shall I compare it to?  It is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his garden. It grew and became a tree, and the birds of the air perched in its branches." 

And in Luke 13:20 Again he asked, "What shall I compare the kingdom of God to?  It is like yeast that a woman took and mixed into a large amount [fn] of flour until it worked all through the dough." 

Mathew 16 Verse 27 is talking about the second coming. But verse 28 is talking about his expanding, unfolding and coming power while they are still alive. If you  read on you will read about his expanding and unfolding power in his transfiguration which is evidence of this and if you keep reading on to the end of the gospel it demonstrates his unfolding power all the way to the resurrection which many of them were witnesses to.

Also if you cross reference to Mark 9.1 the break between him talking about his second coming and then later talking about his resurrection is more clearly defined. 

Edited by Experiential - 18 August 2012 at 9:27pm
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 10:14pm
@Mahdi,
Did you see my reply?
Jesus was with the Apostles for 40 days after His death and resurrection.  They did see Him, and saw what His kingdom really meant.  That is where the whole Word of Christ and the Christian message came from.  Before they saw Him resurrected they did not understand that His kingdom was not of this earth.  After the death and resurrection, and seeing Him again, they understood.  They also experienced what Jesus had promised, and that was the coming of the comforter, the Holy Spirit which entered into them at Pentacost, and then they were able to go and do the miracles of Jesus.
They saw Jesus ascend to His kingdom.

Edited by Caringheart - 18 August 2012 at 10:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic