IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lebanese National on death row in Saudi  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lebanese National on death row in Saudi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2010 at 11:26am
Witch Hunts: A Muslim Problem Only ?

Posted on 18 April 2010 by Danios

"few Westerners realize that witch hunts are now an international problem�and it is not an area of concern limited to Muslim majority countries like Saudi Arabia. "

Nigeria is one of the heartlands of abuse, but hardly the only one: the United Nations Children�s Fund says tens of thousands of children have been targeted throughout Africa."

"Islamophobes like Robert Spencer have expressed their ardent outrage.  Yet, there were �15,000 children [who] have been accused�and around 1,000 have been murdered� by Christians in Africa�Where is your outrage, Mr. Spencer? "

Yesterday a coalition of U.N. officials, NGOs, and representatives from affected countries addressed the United Nations asking for governments to face the full extent of witch hunts across the world. Far from being a localized phenomenon in �primitive� or isolated villages, witch hunts and witch killings are now global in nature and spreading.

"The purpose here is not to bash Christianity, Hinduism, or any other religion.  It�s simply to point out that witch hunts are a problem throughout the world.  If you just follow Islamophobic sources like Robert Spencer, you�d come to think that the only �culprits� are Muslims, but like I said before: it�s simply not true.  The selective outrage of Spencer et al. shows that they don�t really care about human rights at all.  Their indignation is not principled, but political in nature. 

Read full article below:

http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/04/witch-hunts/

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2010 at 6:26am
Originally posted by Tasneem Tasneem wrote:

If the Saudi's had their way, as i've said before too many people would go to the gallows - be it Islamic or not. piety.

...speculation and suspicion?
Tasneem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasneem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2010 at 11:48pm
Thanks Abuayisha - well it was speculation and suspicion until you read the post in the link you've posted, isn't it? This news is only new.

Anyway, it is clear that the whole act of imprisoning him was a set up. If the Saudi's had their way, as i've said before too many people would go to the gallows - be it Islamic or not. This is so common in countries like India, Pakistan, Turkey and many other nations. Yes, it is shirk, but death penalty for it? May Allah Guide everyone who claims to be a Muslim and who claim piety.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2010 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Tasneem Tasneem wrote:

And we can't speculate or suspect that he did anything contrary to its laws in Saudi.

"AL-AIN, Lebanon (AP) � Lebanese psychic Ali Sibat had just woken from an afternoon nap in a Saudi hotel when the telephone rang. A Saudi man asked if he could make magical talisman for his sister who had marital problems. Sibat, in the kingdom on a pilgrimage, said he'd be happy to help."

Edited by abuayisha - 10 April 2010 at 1:08pm
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2010 at 11:48am
Do we have the latest on Ali Sibat?
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Boomer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2010 at 6:16am
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Spam call is not in your purview try to grab on this lame excuse all you can to no avail and about bluster look who is talking? Boy you have lot of nerve!
Your have chosen to be nasty but I can tolerate to point to keep our forum gutter sniping free...So every one may discuss the issues in a pleasant environment!
Would you let get this through your thick scull? Yes we can be friends but seems  that is not the purpose you are here to begin with!
My goodness. After all your self created embarassment at not being able to compose a coherent post, you're still spamming. 
haris30432 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haris30432 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 11:54pm
Peace,

I happen to read the news today.And from what is goin on in the papers here,they claim that the man does witch craft.They claim there are verses in the Quran against witchcraft(if which is true) but where  does it say that such people needs to be beheaded?!!This man has a family.His 19 year old son is having seizures and is admitted in the hospital after this incident.His young daughter is now mentally disturbed and is not going to school.His baby girl is asking for her father to her mom not knowing whats going on.The family is in dept of over 10000$ after his arrest.And all this in the name of Sharia???????!!What Shariah is this????!!Who authorized these laws????Please enlighten me!!

Peace!
ONE GOD ONE SOURCE OF LAW!
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2010 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Boomer Boomer wrote:

Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

But still less than you, it is matter of degree! What else can I expect from a gutter sniper! You snipe and run but how long?
You are quite the spammer. I can only take your bluster as your concession that you have nothing to contribute. 

Spam call is not in your purview try to grab on this lame excuse all you can to no avail and about bluster look who is talking? Boy you have lot of nerve!
Your have chosen to be nasty but I can tolerate to point to keep our forum gutter sniping free...So every one may discuss the issues in a pleasant environment!
Would you let get this through your thick scull? Yes we can be friends but seems  that is not the purpose you are here to begin with!

Edited by Sign*Reader - 08 April 2010 at 7:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic