URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16565
Printed Date: 25 April 2024 at 8:27pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Lebanese National on death row in Saudi
Posted By: Tasneem
Subject: Lebanese National on death row in Saudi
Date Posted: 28 March 2010 at 4:38am
Assalamalaikum

How is everyone here? I haven't been on this forum for a long while, but the news I heard today has stirred me to discuss this very important issue with some of the intellectuals here InshaAllah.

A Lebanese national Ali Hussain Sibat has according to the news in the media been sentenced to death because of his psychic predictions on Lebanese TV.  Sibat had been to Saudi for Umrah two years ago and was recognised by the religious police and was arrested after being made to confess.

My question firstly is how can the Saudi government arrest and hand out a death penalty to a citizen of another country?

Does this not pose a risk to all Muslims who visit the holy sites?

Secondly, what Sibat did or said may be wrong, but does it warrant the death penalty? Please let us have your views.

Replies:
Posted By: Emin
Date Posted: 28 March 2010 at 6:04pm
Selam to you also! I am fine! I also did not be here some time!Big%20smile

As regards issues; I can not tell to much about case, because a very little information come from Saudi Arabia.

Only what we know is that: Ali Sibat's interrogators told him to write down what he did for a living, reassuring him that, if he did so, he would be allowed to go home after a few weeks. And than they presented this document as 'confession' Thumbs%20Down.

But in another hand we can talk generally; this is not fair trial. This can be seen from the fist view.

Fact is that court proceedings in Saudi Arabia is fall far short of international standards for fair trial. Defendants are rarely allowed formal representation by a lawyer, and in many cases are not informed of the progress of legal proceedings against them. They may be convicted solely on the basis of confessions obtained under duress or deception.

Also: Saudi
authorities can not judge someone who is not their citizen. Lebanese government must seek that he must be returned to Lebanon.

And it seams like that we are all in risk from Saudi police. Saudi government is set as that only in Saudi Arabia is Islam and that they know better than others what is wrong what is not. Cry

Also who can recognize just like that, that he deals with 'sorcery'? Question

-------------
112:1 SAY: "He is the One God:
112:2 "God the Eternal, the Uncaused Cause of All Being.
112:3 "He begets not, and neither is He begotten;
112:4 "and there is nothing that could be compared with Him

Date Posted: 28 March 2010 at 9:26pm
Thankyou for your post Emin. I absolutely agree. I think Muslims should speak out against this atrocity. Yes, the Lebanese government should stand up against this heavy handedness.

Posted By: Emin
Date Posted: 29 March 2010 at 4:26am
I've heard that he is Shi'a!

Do you think that this can also be one of reasons to set false procedure?

Someone who has a different viewing angle should not be a reason for imputation! This is a fascist!OuchUnhappy

Allah give us free will to choose, THIS IS GREATEST GIFT! Merciful Allah do not imposes us, and who they are that they put themselves in front of Allah and decide who is believer and who is not!?

They justify them self we have Sharia.No matter what they have Sharia as law, but imputation is imputation, what so ever where they live. And real Sharia does not condemn private relationship between God and man.

-------------
112:1 SAY: "He is the One God:
112:2 "God the Eternal, the Uncaused Cause of All Being.
112:3 "He begets not, and neither is He begotten;
112:4 "and there is nothing that could be compared with Him

Date Posted: 29 March 2010 at 7:06pm
Whether he is Shia or Sunni or anyone else, I think it is wrong to impose their belief or their way of thinking on a person who merely went there to perform Umrah and who is not a citizen of their country. If they have anything against people who in their opinion do not conform to what they believe is unacceptable why permit them to enter the country at all? But having permitted him to enter and perform Umrah and then to impose such a penalty is gross injustice. It will be a great shame if Lebanon sits and does nothing about its own citizen.

Posted By: abuayisha
Date Posted: 30 March 2010 at 12:09pm

I am an American, and therefore with my American passport I can travel to most countries in the world, but does that mean I should?  I really don�t understand how or why Mr. Sibat, who is known in the Middle East from his television program, would fill out a visa application to visit Saudi, knowing full well, or should have known, the risks involved.  In Islam one can not claim faith and practice sorcery.  Mr. Sibat�s case could be contrasted to an open homosexual, who professes faith in Islam, and has a satellite program where millions have seen his face.  It would be insane for this individual to enter Saudi, and likewise for Mr. Sibat.   I don�t think he put his profession on the visa application, which he later confessed to, and seeing that Saudi doesn�t have an open judiciary, we really have no idea what evidence the government has against Mr. Sibat concerning his activities at his hotel.  It is possible he sought financial gain using his profession during pilgrimage season when very large numbers gather.  Mr. Sibat may have fraudulently obtained a visa, and given his profession, should not have even been inside the precincts of Mecca, which is forbidden to non-Muslims.  Saudi now feels it must make an example of such soothsayers entering its boarders and flaunting Saudi laws.  Let us now hope the King of Saudi Arabia accepts Mr. Sibat�s repentance and pray his penitence is sincere.

Date Posted: 31 March 2010 at 4:16am
This response really surprises me for the following reasons:
"I am an American, and therefore with my American passport I can travel to most countries in the world, but does that mean I should? "

Why not? Don't you wish to see and appreciate Allah's creation? And don't you wish to fulfill the obligations which Allah has clearly commanded in the Qur'an?

" I really don�t understand how or why Mr. Sibat, who is known in the Middle East from his television program, would fill out a visa application to visit Saudi, knowing full well, or should have known, the risks involved.  In Islam one can not claim faith and practice sorcery.  Mr. Sibat�s case could be contrasted to an open homosexual, who professes faith in Islam, and has a satellite program where millions have seen his face.  It would be insane for this individual to enter Saudi, and likewise for Mr. Sibat."

Did he practice "sorcery" in Saudi Arabia? Can a foreign government hold one responsible for his actions in his own country? Many of the practices of the Shia's for instance such as beating the chest with knives etc do not conform with the Islamic practices with the Sunnis or more so with the wahabbis, and some even go as far enough to exclude them from Islam (which no one has the right to), yet they are welcome to perform Haj and Umrahs, why so?

"I don�t think he put his profession on the visa application, which he later confessed to, and seeing that Saudi doesn�t have an open judiciary, we really have no idea what evidence the government has against Mr. Sibat concerning his activities at his hotel.  It is possible he sought financial gain using his profession during pilgrimage season when very large numbers gather.  Mr. Sibat may have fraudulently obtained a visa, and given his profession, should not have even been inside the precincts of Mecca, which is forbidden to non-Muslims. "

Is suspicion permitted in Islam? especially when someone is on death row? How easy it is for people to label others "non-Muslims"! When a person is performing his Fard (one of the pillars of Islam) in front of people is a clear indication he is a Muslim. Each one of us is going to be judged by Allah (SWT alone, and people calling others non-Muslims are answerbale to Allah (SWT) for their judgemental attitude. Making false/wrong assumptions that have not been in the news is unfair on your part.

It is extremely unfair to put a person who is a foreigner to death based on his activities in his own country, especially when he went there for pilgrimage to which all Muslims are entitled. Saudi Arabia is not the gaurdian of each and every Muslims Islam or Imaan. Only Allah Is.

Date Posted: 31 March 2010 at 8:14am

Tasneem, personally I have spent a great deal of time in Saudi, but my point was; why travel, just because you can, to a land where, knowingly, your safety may be jeopardized?

Did he practice �sorcery� in Saudi Arabia?  One can only speculate, and as I mentioned Saudi does not have an open court system where anyone can view evidence, however should we make excuses for an avowed soothsayer or those religious individuals who enjoin the good and forbid evil (Saudi Wutaween)?

With respect to his visa application � I only assume the Saudi police checked this, and this is why they compelled him to later state his profession.  I make no judgment about his faith, but it is clear in our religion sorcery is heresy. 

Posted By: Boomer
Date Posted: 31 March 2010 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Tasneem Tasneem wrote:

Assalamalaikum

How is everyone here? I haven't been on this forum for a long while, but the news I heard today has stirred me to discuss this very important issue with some of the intellectuals here InshaAllah.

A Lebanese national Ali Hussain Sibat has according to the news in the media been sentenced to death because of his psychic predictions on Lebanese TV.  Sibat had been to Saudi for Umrah two years ago and was recognised by the religious police and was arrested after being made to confess.

My question firstly is how can the Saudi government arrest and hand out a death penalty to a citizen of another country?

Does this not pose a risk to all Muslims who visit the holy sites?

Secondly, what Sibat did or said may be wrong, but does it warrant the death penalty? Please let us have your views.

Upon reading the story surrounding Mr. Sibat, my first reaction was, �how could such medieval superstition be used as a means to render the death penalty?�.

It�s exactly that medieval superstition that I found to be so tragically comical. The case was referred to a �Court of Appeal� in Mecca and subsequently returned to the original court for reconsideration. This suggests that members of the Saudi "court" somehow found merit in such things as charging someone with a Capital crime for such things as telling the future. This further suggests that there is a cultural mentality in desperate need of adult (more likely, medical), supervision.  Didn�t anyone bother to look at a calendar and realize that we�re in the year 2010, not 710?

Inasmuch as anyone can ascribe the term �legal process� to a sharia court system, we need to remember that this case was rattling around before (allegedly) grown-ups� who apparently really do believe in such things as sorcery, demons and things that go bump in the night. I
find that adherence to such rumor and superstition would require us to draw all our conclusions not as humans but as sheep, and blindly follow the traditions and tales of those who claim authority for such traditions. That in turn would automatically subject the vast majority of humanity to forever live in fear and superstition. Some may be happy with such a circumstance. Others of us are not.

Date Posted: 31 March 2010 at 2:50pm

Arrests in the United States happen all the time, however its practitioners are charged with fraud or "con artist", legal euphemisms.  Anyway, most religions forbid this practice and at least a few progressive societies have as well:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2003800298_fortune22.html - http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2003800298_fortune22.html

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=940CE6DF1E3FE432A25751C2A9669D946095D6CF - http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=940CE6DF1E3FE432A25751C2A9669D946095D6CF

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/masons-jailed-over-fiji-sorcery-claims-1747967.html - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/masons-jailed-over-fiji-sorcery-claims-1747967.html

Date Posted: 31 March 2010 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Arrests in the United States happen all the time, however its practitioners are charged with fraud or "con artist", legal euphemisms.  Anyway, most religions forbid this practice and at least a few progressive societies have as well:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2003800298_fortune22.html - http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2003800298_fortune22.html

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=940CE6DF1E3FE432A25751C2A9669D946095D6CF - http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=940CE6DF1E3FE432A25751C2A9669D946095D6CF

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/masons-jailed-over-fiji-sorcery-claims-1747967.html - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/masons-jailed-over-fiji-sorcery-claims-1747967.html

Firstly, your internet scouring yielded a link to a NY Times article that was dated October 22, 1921.

Secondly, the remaining two links you posted had nothing to do with arrests which, as you describe, �happen all the time�, in the United States.

Did you even read the link you supplied to the article in the Independent? That article describes �A New Zealand man spent a "wretched" night in a Fiji prison cell�. Last I heard, Fiji is not the United States.

Quite clearly, your claim that �Arrests in the United States happen all the time�, is utterly without substantiation.  

Thirdly, none of the links you posted identified anyone as receiving the death penalty.  

Date Posted: 31 March 2010 at 5:45pm

Yeah Boomer, with respect to the death penalty, I agree with you, however since you were commenting on comical medieval superstitions in 710, I sought to establish modern day relevance and illegality.  So, was my internet scouring all in vain?

http://www.longislandpress.com/2009/10/10/cops-to-fortune-teller-jail-in-your-future/ - http://www.longislandpress.com/2009/10/10/cops-to-fortune-teller-jail-in-your-future/

Date Posted: 31 March 2010 at 7:44pm

Yeah Boomer, with respect to the death penalty, I agree with you, however since you were commenting on comical medieval superstitions in 710, I sought to establish modern day relevance and illegality.  So, was my internet scouring all in vain?

http://www.longislandpress.com/2009/10/10/cops-to-fortune-teller-jail-in-your-future/ - http://www.longislandpress.com/2009/10/10/cops-to-fortune-teller-jail-in-your-future/
Actually, it is. By no stretch of an over-active imagination could anyone believe that "Arrests in the United States happen all the time". Similarly, I have yet to see any indication of the death penalty imposed for such a crime. Lastly, read the article you linked to and note the charges. They include fraudulent accosting and attempted grand larceny.

Date Posted: 31 March 2010 at 9:51pm
"however should we make excuses for an avowed soothsayer or those religious individuals who enjoin the good and forbid evil (Saudi Wutaween)?"

Be it soothsaying or socery... to me these are nothing but tricks to deceive the ignorant. If these really existed today the Palestinian problem would have been won, all our problems would have been solved Smile ! I think it is a medieval belief indeed, in any case in no way do I condone it, nor do I think it deserves a death sentence.

Date Posted: 01 April 2010 at 9:39am
S 165.30 Fraudulent accosting.
  1. A person is guilty of fraudulent accosting when he accosts a person
in a public place with intent to defraud him of money or other property
by means of a trick, swindle or confidence game.
  2. A person who, either at the time he accosts another in a public
place or at some subsequent time or at some other place, makes
statements to him or engages in conduct with respect to him of a kind
commonly made or performed in the perpetration of a known type of
confidence game, is presumed to intend to defraud such person of money
or other property.
  Fraudulent accosting is a class A misdemeanor.

S
165.35 Fortune telling.
  A person is guilty of fortune telling when, for a fee or compensation
which he directly or indirectly solicits or receives, he claims or
pretends to tell fortunes, or holds himself out as being able, by
claimed or pretended use of occult powers, to answer questions or give
advice on personal matters or to exorcise, influence or affect evil
spirits or curses; except that this section does not apply to a person
who engages in the aforedescribed conduct as part of a show or
exhibition solely for the purpose of entertainment or amusement.
  Fortune telling is a class B misdemeanor.

Date Posted: 01 April 2010 at 9:47am

S 165.30 Fraudulent accosting.
  1. A person is guilty of fraudulent accosting when he accosts a person
in a public place with intent to defraud him of money or other property
by means of a trick, swindle or confidence game.
  2. A person who, either at the time he accosts another in a public
place or at some subsequent time or at some other place, makes
statements to him or engages in conduct with respect to him of a kind
commonly made or performed in the perpetration of a known type of
confidence game, is presumed to intend to defraud such person of money
or other property.
  Fraudulent accosting is a class A misdemeanor.

S
165.35 Fortune telling.
  A person is guilty of fortune telling when, for a fee or compensation
which he directly or indirectly solicits or receives, he claims or
pretends to tell fortunes, or holds himself out as being able, by
claimed or pretended use of occult powers, to answer questions or give
advice on personal matters or to exorcise, influence or affect evil
spirits or curses; except that this section does not apply to a person
who engages in the aforedescribed conduct as part of a show or
exhibition solely for the purpose of entertainment or amusement.
  Fortune telling is a class B misdemeanor.

Well, I'm sure that you can also go for pages abandoning your previously discredited criteria wherein you claimed �Arrests in the United States happen all the time�, and some nonsense regarding the death penalty (which you now seem to understand were useless to your task) and trying to substitute others, as you have done in this series of posts. I'm happy to see you are no longer defending the silly criteria you tried to foist off just a few posts ago. But, having already demonstrated your failure to think through this argument (since, after all, it is not your own) a new list does not give us great confidence that your substitutions are any better than your originals.

Date Posted: 01 April 2010 at 12:28pm

Yeah, Boomer, you're right.  I won't further derail Tasneem's post regarding the death penalty. 

Date Posted: 01 April 2010 at 9:14pm
True both are misdemeanours and as to its ratings which ranks above another is a bit suspect. This man's misdemeanours have been open and allowed in a Muslim majority country and perhaps many watching and using his services were also Muslims. What about all those whose misdemeanours do not come out in the open? And who is free from them? I suppose then there would be a very long chain of people to go on the noose.

Posted By: Sign*Reader
Date Posted: 02 April 2010 at 11:57pm

"however should we make excuses for an avowed soothsayer or those religious individuals who enjoin the good and forbid evil (Saudi Wutaween)?"

Be it soothsaying or socery... to me these are nothing but tricks to deceive the ignorant. If these really existed today the Palestinian problem would have been won, all our problems would have been solved Smile ! I think it is a medieval belief indeed, in any case in no way do I condone it, nor do I think it deserves a death sentence.

I think whole thing is a joke...anyways Mr. Sibat won't see the executioner for now so I heard...so be happy! A word of caution for the non Saudis be very very careful while in Saudi A! It is a police state sitting on black gold and wants to keep as many people out as practically possible(Can't do much about Muslims pilgrimage) except their white masters... They have gone from almost a neanderthal stage to investment banker state faster than any in the history of humankind of course not everyone ...why would you expect any normalcy in their legal precedents ...It is their way or the highway of course with the blessing of the men in white hall & house!
I would say Mr. Sibat should have known better!

Date Posted: 03 April 2010 at 7:48am
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

I think whole thing is a joke...anyways Mr. Sibat won't see the executioner for now so I heard...so be happy! A word of caution for the non Saudis be very very careful while in Saudi A! It is a police state sitting on black gold and wants to keep as many people out as practically possible(Can't do much about Muslims pilgrimage) except their white masters... They have gone from almost a neanderthal stage to investment banker state faster than any in the history of humankind of course not everyone ...why would you expect any normalcy in their legal precedents ...It is their way or the highway of course with the blessing of the men in white hall & house!
I would say Mr. Sibat should have known better!

I think you need to understand that employing conspiracy theories to defend the inadequacies and ineptitudes of islamist totalitarian fear societies does not fall at the feet of �men in white hall & house!�  

So with all these millions of Moslems (you among them whining about invented enemies), and the hugeness of wealth of 21-22 moslem dominated countries, a few self-serving dictators are keeping all these right-minded people from incorporating the wondrous islamist utopias? That's hard to believe.

Well, I guess it's not so hard to believe when I see and hear different leaders of moslem countries lauded and praised by the very moslems who keep these dictators in place. To me, it seems the sheer number of the people could overwhelm the dictators and throw them out.

I mean, why wait for the US to dislodge unsavory dictators for you when moslems can and should unite and do their own dictator displacements? It certainly doesn't happen legitimately through suicide bombings of your co-religionists, raging riots that destroy people and property, incessant worldwide whining and begging for infidel welfare dollars.

Date Posted: 03 April 2010 at 10:29am
"To me, it seems the sheer number of the people could overwhelm the dictators and throw them out."

Boomer, you're an ex-military man, so you should know better than to advise such nonsense.

Date Posted: 03 April 2010 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Boomer Boomer wrote:

I think you need to understand that employing conspiracy theories to defend the inadequacies and ineptitudes of islamist totalitarian fear societies does not fall at the feet of �men in white hall & house!

Enough of your broken record...enough of your ignorance of the oil producing Arabs..you seem as ignorant but with less dough!

Quote So with all these millions of Moslems (you among them whining about invented enemies), and the hugeness of wealth of 21-22 moslem dominated countries, a few self-serving dictatorsare keeping all these right-minded people(?) from incorporating the wondrous islamist utopias? That's hard to believe.

I am not interested in any enemies crap all these 22 heads of state are like Lilliputians midgets other than hold the masses in check for the neo colonials... they might be moslems but doubt them being muslim...Read The Prince and you will have no more questions in your empty head left...You taunt about Islamic utopia...how can it be  while these 22 of the kingdoms or sheikdoms or whatever were granted by the European neo colonial winners of the WWII and these states were the booty to be divided amongst them! Facetiousness has limits! Ignorance doesn't...I don't see any animosity between these oil thugs and their handlers business is great why rock the boat!

Well, I guess it's not so hard to believe when I see and hear different leaders of moslem countries lauded and praised by the very moslems who keep these dictators in place. To me, it seems the sheer number of the people could overwhelm the dictators and throw them out.

If you get freebies you will do the same thing if you easy money coming to you, I bet! Do you have any foggiest idea how good a security is provided by their western /European benefactors? Why doesn't west demand an election in these 22 states of midgets?

This will shut your big mouth for a while!

Quote I mean, why wait for the US to dislodge unsavory dictators for you when moslems can and should unite and do their own dictator displacements?

No kidding! Excuse me do you really believe that the people can unite... then what the Empire gonna do?

And how the World Bank gonna keep the people in the third world? Very funny suggestion indeed! It has taken a decade and trillion dollars to dislodge one dictator and I don't care to count the casualties!

Quote It certainly doesn't happen legitimately through suicide bombings of your co-religionists, raging riots that destroy people and property, incessant worldwide whining and begging for infidel welfare dollars.

Now that kamikaze part has it's own history just as the European have theirs, the difference is technology only...welfare dollars have some dirty work involved so why not whine? The whole world is on beg borrow or steal mission...take the white Europeans attitude towards the darker club med financial misery!Wink

BTW which of my coreligionists are begging the infidels beside their own lackeys? Have you looked the infidels IOUs list lately who ows whom and how much?
IT IS ABOUT TIME THAT YOU COME DOWN FROM THAT HIGH HORSE YOU ARE ON!

Date Posted: 03 April 2010 at 4:53pm

"To me, it seems the sheer number of the people could overwhelm the dictators and throw them out."

Boomer, you're an ex-military man, so you should know better than to advise such nonsense.

That is his specialty!
I think he may be a terrorist trainer trolling here for the express purpose! He seems toxic!
Shouldn't we have a poll to see whether he should be kicked out from the forum?

Date Posted: 03 April 2010 at 6:42pm

That is his specialty!
I think he may be a terrorist trainer trolling here for the express purpose! He seems toxic!
Shouldn't we have a poll to see whether he should be kicked out from the forum?
Your whining like a petulant child will not hide your inabilty to offer a relevant comment.

Date Posted: 03 April 2010 at 6:45pm
Well, count me in for banning Mr. Boomer, who based upon his quote below, sought only to mock our faith.

Fortunately, full body scanners are becoming more widely accepted, insha-allah, as the most efficient way to prevent Islamic terrorists from mass murdering plane loads of people.

Date Posted: 03 April 2010 at 6:51pm

Well, count me in for banning Mr. Boomer, who based upon his quote below, sought only to mock our faith.

I can only count you in as a spammer.

Date Posted: 03 April 2010 at 7:50pm

Spammer.  Look, Mr. Boomer, I know your type, believe me.  You are a good man, a real patriot, and I�m baffled as to why your handlers sent us such a pompous troll.  One so full of himself, that he trolls using his real name.  Mr. Boomer, like you, I love my country- I am an American.  I am not a terrorist or supporter of terrorism, and the majority of Muslims, as a matter of fact, are on your side when it comes to hating terrorism.  Muslims want for their families the same that you desire for yours.  I understand you grew up in the heartland of this country in pretty much homogeneous surroundings, but please, do not think about Muslims in terms of �the only good Indian is a dead Indian� as this only plays into the hands of those evil people we both seek to eradicate.  Mr. Boomer, you are wasting your time on this forum.  Please request a reassignment.

Date Posted: 04 April 2010 at 3:53am

Spammer.  Look, Mr. Boomer, I know your type, believe me.  You are a good man, a real patriot, and I�m baffled as to why your handlers sent us such a pompous troll.  One so full of himself, that he trolls using his real name.  Mr. Boomer, like you, I love my country- I am an American.  I am not a terrorist or supporter of terrorism, and the majority of Muslims, as a matter of fact, are on your side when it comes to hating terrorism.  Muslims want for their families the same that you desire for yours.  I understand you grew up in the heartland of this country in pretty much homogeneous surroundings, but please, do not think about Muslims in terms of �the only good Indian is a dead Indian� as this only plays into the hands of those evil people we both seek to eradicate.  Mr. Boomer, you are wasting your time on this forum.  Please request a reassignment.

Spammer. You are wasting everyones time with your nonsensical spamming. You are invited to leave the board as you have nothing of value to add.

Date Posted: 04 April 2010 at 11:12am

Spammer. You are wasting everyones time with your nonsensical spamming. You are invited to leave the board as you have nothing of value to add.
LOL
Who are these " everyones " ? Wink

nonsensical:LOLspamming: Spiced Ham! No, No
Too much of Monty Python FC!
This seems like an Israeli telling the Palestinians to leave, he is taking over!
Thank God it is cyberspace otherwise it will be happening boomer lowering the boom over the real space...

Date Posted: 04 April 2010 at 12:05pm

This seems like an Israeli telling the Palestinians to leave, he is taking over!
Thank God it is cyberspace otherwise it will be happening boomer lowering the boom over the real space...
As usual, you have entered this thread and others with nothing to add but childish banter.

You really should avoid posting as you only humiliate yourself.

Date Posted: 04 April 2010 at 12:28pm

As usual, you have entered this thread and others with nothing to add but childish banter.

You really should avoid posting as you only humiliate yourself.
How long will you dodge?

Date Posted: 04 April 2010 at 1:39pm

How long will you dodge?
Your pointless spam makes you look utterly foolish.

Date Posted: 04 April 2010 at 4:46pm

How long will you dodge?
Your pointless spam makes you look utterly foolish.
But still less than you, it is matter of degree! What else can I expect from a gutter sniper! You snipe and run but how long?

Date Posted: 04 April 2010 at 5:38pm

But still less than you, it is matter of degree! What else can I expect from a gutter sniper! You snipe and run but how long?
You are quite the spammer. I can only take your bluster as your concession that you have nothing to contribute. 

Posted By: Chrysalis
Date Posted: 05 April 2010 at 1:44am

I think it is a medieval belief indeed, in any case in no way do I condone it, nor do I think it deserves a death sentence.

Well Tasneem, the Saudi govt has the prerogative to set the laws and punishments in their country however they deem fit. It is the responsibility of travelers and immigrants to make sure they comply and do not break those laws. Yet if they still go ahead and disregard those laws, can we really fault the government for prosecuting them? Whether or not we as individuals agree with those laws.

Again, the death sentence might be controversial to some - but Saudia Arabia has one of the lowest crime rates around.

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 06 April 2010 at 10:35pm
Chrysalis, perhaps you have not read the crux of the problem. Every country has its laws and rules, and visitors to those countries can be prosecuted only if they flaunt their laws while visiting their countries. Nothing that has come out in the media suggests that Ali Sibat did in Saudi Arabia that was contrary to their laws. Yes, he did in the open on Lebanese TV. And we can't speculate or suspect that he did anything contrary to its laws in Saudi. He has not disregarded their laws as far as what has been reported. I think the Arabs are taking the matter too far.

Yes, with the Saudi laws crime rate may be low, but it is not to say that it is free from crime/perversion.

Posted By: Hayfa
Date Posted: 07 April 2010 at 5:39am
Salaams Tasneem,

I can see what you are saying. And keep in mind that the man made a choice. If I do something that angers the Chinese government and then I go to China.. then well.. something may happen.  He chose to leave Lebanon and travel to Saudi Arabia. If he were home he'd probably be fine. Everyone knows the Saudis don't fool around.

-------------
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi

Date Posted: 07 April 2010 at 9:57pm
" He chose to leave Lebanon and travel to Saudi Arabia."

He went to perform Umrah! Is that a crime?

Well, the Saudis fool around to the extent that their brand of Islam only tarnishes the image of Islam. Allah (SWT) has made Islam very easy to follow and should we keep it that way, millions would embrace Islam. Nowhere in the Qur'an does Allah (SWT) command the death penalty for a soothsayer. Faith in Him alone and righteous deeds is the theme of the Qur'an, most oft repeated from the beginning to the end. We can keep it as simple as that or complicate it and go back thousands of years and bask in our illiteracy, poverty and the list goes on. All that we have achieved is misery and we are quick to blame someone else for that and defend our own! A beautiful and simple religion which millions would eagerly embrace is being tarnished by those who claim piety.

Date Posted: 08 April 2010 at 7:11pm

You are quite the spammer. I can only take your bluster as your concession that you have nothing to contribute. 

Spam call is not in your purview try to grab on this lame excuse all you can to no avail and about bluster look who is talking? Boy you have lot of nerve!
Your have chosen to be nasty but I can tolerate to point to keep our forum gutter sniping free...So every one may discuss the issues in a pleasant environment!
Would you let get this through your thick scull? Yes we can be friends but seems  that is not the purpose you are here to begin with!

Posted By: haris30432
Date Posted: 09 April 2010 at 11:54pm
Peace,

I happen to read the news today.And from what is goin on in the papers here,they claim that the man does witch craft.They claim there are verses in the Quran against witchcraft(if which is true) but where  does it say that such people needs to be beheaded?!!This man has a family.His 19 year old son is having seizures and is admitted in the hospital after this incident.His young daughter is now mentally disturbed and is not going to school.His baby girl is asking for her father to her mom not knowing whats going on.The family is in dept of over 10000$ after his arrest.And all this in the name of Sharia???????!!What Shariah is this????!!Who authorized these laws????Please enlighten me!!

Peace!

-------------
ONE GOD ONE SOURCE OF LAW!

Date Posted: 10 April 2010 at 6:16am

Spam call is not in your purview try to grab on this lame excuse all you can to no avail and about bluster look who is talking? Boy you have lot of nerve!
Your have chosen to be nasty but I can tolerate to point to keep our forum gutter sniping free...So every one may discuss the issues in a pleasant environment!
Would you let get this through your thick scull? Yes we can be friends but seems  that is not the purpose you are here to begin with!
My goodness. After all your self created embarassment at not being able to compose a coherent post, you're still spamming. 

Posted By: martha
Date Posted: 10 April 2010 at 11:48am
Do we have the latest on Ali Sibat?

-------------
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set

Date Posted: 10 April 2010 at 1:01pm

And we can't speculate or suspect that he did anything contrary to its laws in Saudi.

"AL-AIN, Lebanon (AP) � Lebanese psychic Ali Sibat had just woken from an afternoon nap in a Saudi hotel when the telephone rang. A Saudi man asked if he could make magical talisman for his sister who had marital problems. Sibat, in the kingdom on a pilgrimage, said he'd be happy to help."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hQ_jb3NeJqD5cjGvkNxW5Jlje9AwD9EVD3I03 - http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hQ_jb3NeJqD5cjGvkNxW5Jlje9AwD9EVD3I03

Date Posted: 10 April 2010 at 11:48pm
Thanks Abuayisha - well it was speculation and suspicion until you read the post in the link you've posted, isn't it? This news is only new.

Anyway, it is clear that the whole act of imprisoning him was a set up. If the Saudi's had their way, as i've said before too many people would go to the gallows - be it Islamic or not. This is so common in countries like India, Pakistan, Turkey and many other nations. Yes, it is shirk, but death penalty for it? May Allah Guide everyone who claims to be a Muslim and who claim piety.

Date Posted: 11 April 2010 at 6:26am

If the Saudi's had their way, as i've said before too many people would go to the gallows - be it Islamic or not. piety.

...speculation and suspicion?

Posted By: Chrysalis
Date Posted: 19 April 2010 at 11:26am
Witch Hunts: A Muslim Problem Only ?

Posted on 18 April 2010 by Danios

"few Westerners realize that witch hunts are now an international problem�and it is not an area of concern limited to Muslim majority countries like Saudi Arabia. "

Nigeria is one of the heartlands of abuse, but hardly the only one: the United Nations Children�s Fund says tens of thousands of children have been targeted throughout Africa."

"Islamophobes like Robert Spencer have expressed their ardent outrage.  Yet, there were �15,000 children [who] have been accused�and around 1,000 have been murdered� by Christians in Africa�Where is your outrage, Mr. Spencer? "

Yesterday a coalition of http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSTRE58M4Q820090923 - U.N. officials, NGOs, and representatives from affected countries addressed the United Nations asking for governments to face the full extent of witch hunts across the world . Far from being a localized phenomenon in �primitive� or isolated villages, witch hunts and witch killings are now global in nature and spreading.

"The purpose here is not to bash Christianity, Hinduism, or any other religion.  It�s simply to point out that witch hunts are a problem throughout the world.  If you just follow Islamophobic sources like Robert Spencer, you�d come to think that the only �culprits� are Muslims, but like I said before: it�s simply not true.  The selective outrage of Spencer et al. shows that they don�t really care about human rights at all.  Their indignation is not principled, but political in nature. 

Read full article below:

http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/04/witch-hunts/ - http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/04/witch-hunts/

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 20 April 2010 at 10:40pm
Chrysalis, yes, I have watched a documentary on the witch hunts in Nigeria and saddened by people's ignorance. No doubt something must be done about saving  those innocent children and educating the ignorant.

Similarly, we as Muslims also need to raise our voices when a country like Saudi Arabia which is visited by millions of Muslims each year, decides to do something so ridiculous all in the name of Islam. This action definitely needs condemning particularly by Muslims.

Posted By: SteppeNomad
Date Posted: 21 April 2010 at 5:50am

Chrysalis, yes, I have watched a documentary on the witch hunts in Nigeria and saddened by people's ignorance. No doubt something must be done about saving  those innocent children and educating the ignorant.

Similarly, we as Muslims also need to raise our voices when a country like Saudi Arabia which is visited by millions of Muslims each year, decides to do something so ridiculous all in the name of Islam. This action definitely needs condemning particularly by Muslims.

Salam

Ill explain to save you much time in addressing these change the subject posts, there are two members on this forum, you will never hear a word of criticism from them about the KSA regime, in fact, they the House of Oil Shaykhs, are better then us, the "Fitna making Muslims of the West" and the "Blind followers of the East". Long story short, we have to fly the flag of Salafism or Saudism, or we should just look at how bad the Kuffar are, in this case the Nigerians, or the other Muslims, actually we should keep our mouth shut because at least "they clean the harram" LOL, great service to the ummah ha?. Unfortunately for your info, you are talking to one of the archbishops of Saudi Arabia in this case.

-------------
Ya Allah, Bismillah, AllahuAkbar.

Date Posted: 21 April 2010 at 6:54am

when a country like Saudi Arabia which is visited by millions of Muslims each year, decides to do something so ridiculous all in the name of Islam. This action definitely needs condemning particularly by Muslims.

Islam considers magic to be an act of blasphemy. Thus, the Holy Quran say:

"Suleiman (Solomon) did not disbelieve, but the devils disbelieved teaching men magic" (2:102).

In an authentic saying, the Prophet of Islam p.b.u.h. said:

"Whoever goes to a fortune teller (a soothe sayer) or a diviner and believes him, has, in fact, disbelieved in what has been revealed to Muhammad."

Thus Islam condemns magic- even what is called the horoscope or luck or reading one's palm to foretell the future is also prohibited in Islam. This is based on the belief that no one knows the future or the unseen except God almighty. That is why the Quran asserts that even Muhammad does not know the unseen. Concerning this, it says:

"If I had the knowledge of the unseen, I should have secured abundance for myself, and no evil would have touched me" (7:188).

Again, God is described in the Quran as the knower of the unseen and the manifest (6:73) and as the holder of the keys of the unseen (6:59).

In another tradition, Prophet Muhammad p.b.u.h. says:

"Avoid the seven deadly acts which are: ascribing partners to God, magic, killing the human self which Allah prohibited except with right, eating usury, devouring the orphan's wealth, defecting from the battle-field (without a justified reason) and slandering chaste, unwary believing women. Thus Islam has closed the door for practicing magic, simply because it is against its teachings, and it is deceptive and harmful."

So sorcery is a form of magic and therefore blasphemi. And we all know what the punishment for blasphemi is according to a strict interpretation of the Sharia law.

Date Posted: 21 April 2010 at 9:10am

So sorcery is a form of magic and therefore blasphemi. And we all know what the punishment for blasphemi is according to a strict interpretation of the Sharia law.

Aint this man going to Hajj, a sign of his repentence and that he is Muslim?

Far as anyone should be concerned, he is a Muslim, even if our fellow Salafis and KSA supporters denie so. 

I dont know how people can brush this off as "strict Shariah" when they allow Muslim Murderes and Sahaba insulters to go untouched, this man, whom clearly seems to have repented and is LIKELY a Muslim, but a very daft one by the looks of it, is going to have his head flung off for some Saudi Media propaganda.

But I think this dude, like the commies, drug addicts and rappers before him should present himself as "repented" and join the Saudi "Dawah" effort, get an "Islamic scholary" and we could benefit from his scared knowlegde on youtube Wink, thats if he wants to save his head Smile

Then the Nigerian Witch hunters can join after him LOL.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 April 2010 at 11:03am

"Aint this man going to Hajj, a sign of his repentence and that he is Muslim?"

"AL-AIN, Lebanon (AP) � Lebanese psychic Ali Sibat had just woken from an afternoon nap in a Saudi hotel when the telephone rang. A Saudi man asked if he could make magical talisman for his sister who had marital problems. Sibat, in the kingdom on a pilgrimage, said he'd be happy to help."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hQ_jb3NeJqD5cjGvkNxW5Jlje9AwD9EVD3I03 - http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hQ_jb3NeJqD5cjGvkNxW5Jlje9AwD9EVD3I03

Date Posted: 21 April 2010 at 11:10am
April 21, 2010

Saudis Not to Behead Lebanese Psychic

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Filed at 10:59 a.m. ET

BEIRUT (AP) -- A Lebanese TV psychic, who was condemned to death for witchcraft by a Saudi court while visiting the country, will not be beheaded, his lawyer said Wednesday.

May al-Khansa told The Associated Press that the Saudi ambassador in Beirut informed the Lebanese justice minister that the execution of Ali Sibat would not take place.

''He confirmed to me that there will be no execution,'' al-Khansa said about her conversation with Ibrahim Najjar, Lebanon's justice minister. She refused to go into details but said ''matters are going in the right direction.''

''We have faith in Saudi Arabia's judicial system,'' she added, noting that Sibat's actions are not considered a crime in Lebanon.

Sibat is one of scores of people reported arrested every year in the kingdom on charges of practicing sorcery, witchcraft, black magic and fortunetelling, which are considered to be polytheism by the country's ultraconservative judiciary.

The father of five was arrested by the Saudi religious police while making a pilgrimage to the holy city of Mecca in May 2008 and sentenced to death last November on charges of practicing witchcraft.

Sibat, 49, made predictions on a satellite TV channel from his home in Beirut, where psychics, fortunetellers and astrologers operate freely. Many have regular TV and radio shows and some cafes even hire them to attract more customers. On Dec. 31, they jostle for air time to give their predictions for the new year.

According to his lawyer, he was the most popular psychic on his channel, especially among callers from the conservative Gulf.

After Mecca, Sibat went to Medina to pray at the Mosque of the Prophet. At his hotel, members of the religious police who enforce the kingdom's strict Islamic lifestyle spotted him and grabbed him.

Earlier this week, a Saudi judicial official said the country's highest appellate court had upheld the death sentence and asked the nation's Supreme Judicial Council to set a date to carry out the execution.

Saudi newspapers have reported that the Court of Cassation had first rejected the case and asked the lower tribunal to offer Sibat a chance to repent. It was not clear if he was given that chance.

There has been sporadic media attention to his case. The report of his imminent execution earlier this month brought a flare of calls in the Lebanese press for his release.

Some Lebanese has also rallied near the Saudi embassy in Beirut to protest the execution sentence.

New York-based http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/organizations/h/human_rights_watch/index.html?inline=nyt-org - Human Rights Watch said last year Sibat's death sentence should be overturned and called on the Saudi government to halt its ''increasing use of charges of 'witchcraft,' crimes that are vaguely defined and arbitrarily used.''

--------

Associated Press Writer Abdullah al-Shihri contributed to this report from Saudi.

Date Posted: 21 April 2010 at 11:23am

"Aint this man going to Hajj, a sign of his repentence and that he is Muslim?"

AL-AIN, Lebanon � Lebanese psychic Ali Sibat had just woken from an afternoon nap in a Saudi hotel when the telephone rang. A Saudi man asked if he could make magical talisman for his sister who had marital problems. Sibat, in the kingdom on a pilgrimage, said he'd be happy to help.

As soon as he hung up, religious police stormed into his room and arrested him for witchcraft. Now Sibat is on death row, sentenced to be beheaded.

----

Looks like he didnt commit the crime Wink 

So its wrong when the West pre-emptively and unjustly arrest and prison Muslims who have explicitly stated certain things, which I wont go into, everyone moans like a girl, but when the holly Saudis Arrest a Muslim it is ok? Clap

Anyway your above post shows it was just a Attention seeking formula from a state that arrests and imprisons jinns Confused 

-------------

Date Posted: 21 April 2010 at 6:56pm
"Looks like he didnt commit the crime" Wink 

Well, intent here is a crime, and prevention of carrying out the act is the responsibility of law enforcement.  Criminal conspiracy; an agreement between two or more persons to break the law at some time in the future, and in some cases, with at least one overt act in furtherance of that agreement.  "Sibat, in the kingdom on a pilgrimage, said he'd be happy to help."

Date Posted: 21 April 2010 at 10:05pm

April 21, 2010

Saudis Not to Behead Lebanese Psychic"

AlhumdulIllha, for the moderates and those who have a clear reasoning, whose efforts may have helped save his life. No doubt a great deal of damage has been done to his family, thanks to the Saudis and their blind supporters!

When you try to reason using verses of the Qur�an and hadith which clearly do not sanction the kind of punishment that the heavy handed GUARDIANS OF ISLAM were going to mete out to this man and have ruined him and his family mentally, physically and financially, I wonder who deserves a greater punishment. Unfortunately, lateral thinking is completely lacking amongst the so called pious Muslims who prefer to let others do the thinking for them and for whom everything is black and white.

Will they not then ponder on the Qur'an? If it had been from other than Allah they would have found therein much incongruity.

Do they not ponder over the Word (of Allah), or has anything (new) come to them that did not come to their fathers of old?

(Here is) a Book which We have sent down unto thee, full of blessings, that they may mediate on its Signs, and that men of understanding may receive admonition.

Date Posted: 21 April 2010 at 10:31pm

�No doubt a great deal of damage has been done to his family, thanks to the Saudis and their blind supporters!�

Yeah, and what responsibility does Mr. Sibat bear? Or does �clear reasoning� suggest otherwise?  

Date Posted: 28 April 2010 at 4:02am

"Looks like he didnt commit the crime" Wink 

Well, intent here is a crime, and prevention of carrying out the act is the responsibility of law enforcement.  Criminal conspiracy; an agreement between two or more persons to break the law at some time in the future, and in some cases, with at least one overt act in furtherance of that agreement.  "Sibat, in the kingdom on a pilgrimage, said he'd be happy to help."

According to whom? "Evil Kuffar" Law? or "Holly Saudi" law?

Anyway, i always thought, Islamically speaking, you are not guilty until you have actually commited the act, and turning away from it, would be a sign of repentence, or good deed written in your book Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 28 April 2010 at 7:13am
"According to whom? "Evil Kuffar" Law? or "Holly Saudi" law?"

Common sense law enforcement in any land, at least, in my estimation.

Date Posted: 28 April 2010 at 10:34pm
We seem to have a champion for the Saudi Holly Laws here! Very poor estimation indeed.

Even where the law is clear with regards to adultery, the Prophet (SAW) turned away when a woman came and confessed her crime. Obviously he wanted her to repent and ask Allah (SWT) for forgiveness.

But the holy champions of today are so perfect themselves that they are so eager to prescribe punishments - even the death penalty to anyone who in their estimation has violated Islamic laws! May Allah Guide them to the right path!

Date Posted: 29 April 2010 at 7:16am
The incident with our sister confessing her crime raises an interesting teaching moment, however having little to do with the issue at hand.  If someone has entered into discussions of committing a crime it would be folly to allow them to carry out injustice prior to intervention by authorities.

The Prophet turned away to teach us that if Allah has covered our sin, we are not to broadcast it, but privately make repentance.  Once a matter has become public, or in her case, an open confession, the law is applied.  She was stoned to death. 

Date Posted: 29 April 2010 at 9:07pm
You can have the last laugh. I would prefer to engage with reasonable Muslims.

Posted By: abosait
Date Posted: 17 June 2010 at 6:19pm

You can have the last laugh. I would prefer to engage with reasonable Muslims.
http://islam21c.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=152237:fatwa-opposing-nude-body-scanners&catid=39&Itemid=83 - http://islam21c.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=152237:fatwa-opposing-nude-body-scanners&catid=39&Itemid=83

http://islam21c.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=152237:fatwa-opposing-nude-body-scanners&catid=39&Itemid=83 - http://islam21c.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=152237:fatwa-opposing-nude-body-scanners&catid=39&Itemid=83

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net