IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question For the Men!!!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question For the Men!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 2:05pm

Christainwoman,

I am sure that many of the brothers here will respond to your thread, many with great wisdom; however, the person you need to speak with most about this matter is the man that wants to marry you.  You need to find out from him what views he holds with respect to marriage.  It is not enough for him simply to say he is a Muslim.  I strongly suggest you look at some Muslim web sites and listen to the men here and then discuss what you have learned with the man who you are in love with.  Below is a web link to an e-book version of the book Islam in Focus.  It is an excellent book on Islam and it is easy for one who was not raised Muslim to understand.  It will give you basic information and there is a section on marriage.  You can read it on line or download it to your computer.  It was very helpful to me at the time I reverted to Islam.

http://free.freespeech.org/sultan/islaminfocus.pdf#search='I slam%20in%20Focus'

PAZ, Khadija

Edited by Khadija1021
Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
christainwoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christainwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 1:19pm
What is your opinion on a wife?? What is expected of her? What do you think she should AND shouldn't do????
Thank you
Taryn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic