IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Please let us study Qura'an and Sunnah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please let us study Qura'an and Sunnah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 19>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2009 at 11:20pm
JazakAllah Khair for continuing to motivate and remind the students here Sister Hope.

I left the other Ayahs so other sisters could add their comments or explanation. Perhaps the other sisters are busy these days. So I shall add more to keep the lesson going...

Anyway: (Continued)

One can also say that Ayat-ul-Kursi can be used as a "litmus test" for anyone who claims another "god" apart from Allah. The verses show us the essential attributes that a "God" should have. So if for example, somebody claims that a Prophet or man can be a God (nauzubillah) - they should look at these verses and compare. So we can form a "criteria" for a God on the base of this verse.

Criteria for a God:

1. Should be " Ever Living" ,  " One Who sustains and protects all that exists"
2. Neither slumber nor sleep should overtakes Him
3. To Him should belong whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth
4. He should know what happens to them (His creatures) in this world, and what will happen to them in the Hereafter. (i.e. He should have complete knowledge of everything)
5. He should feel no fatigue in guarding and preserving them.
6. He should be the Most High, the Most Great (i.e. nothing or noone should be/can be better than Him.

If that so-called "god" cannot fulfill the above criteria, how can he/she/it be considered a God? (Referring to all the other gods that people claim are Divine and worship them e.g. Jesus, Statues, Animals, Sun/Moon, etc)

Other points that we come across in Tafsir of Ibn Kathir:

1. Neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him:

means, no shortcoming, unawareness or ignorance ever touches Allah. Rather, He is aware of, and controls what every soul earns, has perfect watch over everything, nothing escapes His knowledge, and no secret matter is secret to Him. Among His perfect attributes, is the fact that He is never effected by slumber or sleep. 

Hadith on same subject:

The Messenger of Allah delivered a speech regarding four words:
"Allah does not sleep, and it does not befit His majesty that He sleeps. He lowers the scales and raises them. The deeds of the day are resurrected in front of Him before the deeds before the deeds of the night, and the deeds of the night before the deeds of day. His Veil is light, or fire, and if He removes it, the rays from His Face would burn whatever His sight reaches of His creation." Sahih Muslim 1:161

2. To him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth:

indicated that everyone is a servant for Allah, a part of his kingdom and under His power and authority.

Other verses in Holy Qur'an that say the same thing:

Surah Maryam Ayah's 93-95:

There is none in the heavens and the earth but comes unto the Most Gracious (Allah) as a servant. Verily, He knows each one of them, and has counted them a full counting. And everyone of them will come to Him alone on the Day of Resurrection (without any Helper, or protector or defender).

3. Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His permission?

these Ayat assert Allah's Greatness, Pride, and Grace, and that no one dares to intercede with Him on behalf of anyone else, except by His permission. Indeed, the Hadith about the intercession, states that the Prophet  said:

"I will stand under the Throne and fall in prostration, and Allah will allow me to remain in that position as much as He wills. I will thereafter be told, "Raise your head, speak and you will be heard, intercede and your intercession will be accepted". The Prophet  then said, "He will allow me a proportion whom I will enter into Paradise."
Sahih Muslim 1:180

Allah says the same thing in other verses of the Qur'an:

And there are many angels in the heavens, whose intercession will avail nothing except after Allah has given leave for whom He wills and is pleased with. - Surah An-Najm Ayah 26

They cannot intercede except for him with whome He is pleased
Surah Al-Anbiya Ayah 28

4. He knows what happens to them (His creatures) in this world, and what will happen to them in the Hereafter

Allah gives a similar View in another verse of the Qur'an:

And we (angels) descend not except by the command of your Lord (O Muhammad ). to Him belongs what is before us and what is behind us, and what is between those two; and your Lord is never forgetful
Surah Maryam Ayah 64

5. And they will never compass anything of His Knowledge except that which He wills

asserts the fact that no one attains any part of Allah's knowledge except what Allah conveys and allows. this part of the Ayah indicates that no one ever acquires knowledge of Allah and in His Attributes, except what He conveys to them. For instance Allah said,

But they will never compass anything of His knowledge
Surah Ta-Ha Ayah 110

6. And he is the Most High, the Most Great

is similar to another verse in the Qur'an where Allah says:

the Most Great, the Most High
Surah Ar-Rad Ayah 9

PS: Explanations were taken from Ibn Kathir. http://www.muslimaccess.com/quraan/tafseer/Ayat%20Al-Kursi.htm

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 8:05am

Asslmau Alaikum

Masha' Allah, may Allah reward you sister Chrysails, how about giving us some short easy homework? lol, I am running away form my homework. You see, easy and short. Well, here I will do it, insha' Allah.
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
fais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2009 at 9:38pm
Assalam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barka tu hu to all who read this.

Few things i learnt in the islamic class would luv to share here.

1-we should learn the islamic date and try to practise in our daily life,if we luv mohammed s.a.w we should luv his date too,i know its hard for people living in non muslim countries but  we can atleast start with some non official diaries which we maitain for ourselves.

2- while doing wudu we can do all the acts 3 times 3 times 3 times 2 times 2 times 2 times or 1 times 1 times 1 times

and also some act 1 time some act 2 and sum 3 times note maximum should be 3 times.

if do this instead of following the routine 3 times allah will bless you more with more hasanath insha allah.

Hope we all muslims become the carbon copy of our Profet Mohammed S.A.W

May this helps.
do remeber me in your duas

Regards
Faisal

Edited by fais - 14 December 2009 at 9:43pm
jr235 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jr235 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 7:20pm
I don't have anything to add except that this is a very interesting thread. I've enjoyed reading it, but will go back and read other parts.
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2009 at 4:33am
Originally posted by jr235 jr235 wrote:

I don't have anything to add except that this is a very interesting thread. I've enjoyed reading it, but will go back and read other parts.

Oh, sister Jr235,Heart
  you are so kind,, you made me so happy that you get the benefit from this. Please feel free to ask about anything or add your comments about anything.Wink

I ma so happy that you joined us.. and was a bit worried Confused that you may need more time to join the private issues forum.. I am so happy that you got there.Big%20smile
I am a bit busy now, but soon, inshallah, I will reply to your post cause I really love it.
Star
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
saima100 View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saima100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 12:13pm
I found this interesting.It is a bit difficult to understand and if moderator does not find this link apporopriate it can be deleted.

http://muslim-canada.org/sufi/ghach2.html
May Allah give us the understanding of all he has shown us.Amen.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2009 at 6:15pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Sister FOH, alhamdullilah, we are in Qur'an memorization project. Am i negliegent in any of your threads ? Do let me know, so that i cover that too.

What about this thread, whats the next discussion ?
Did you finish your exams ?
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2009 at 5:38am

Asslamu Aaikum

Jazaki Allah Kharin, sister Seekshidayath, you and sister Chysalis have taught me a lot and made me like this forum and come again and again. You have been doing a great job that Allah will reward you for, inshallah. May Allah protect you and accept from you.

OK!! my job on the IC will be just on three threats here, inshallah:

1- I did not forget the sisters plan and will never stop, inshallah, even if I have to continue alone. If me, you and sister Chrysalis keep ebing together o this will are enoiugh for forming a circle for dhikr and getting the rewards. I would love it if other sisters join us, but if not, we have to keep walking!!
 2- For brother Jihad Quraan project yeah, I am with you and will add to it as how Allah helps me.
 3- For your threat of questions that I love. They make me search for answers and work hard.

Edited by Full of Hopes - 26 December 2009 at 5:49am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 19>
  Share Topic