Print Page | Close Window

Please let us study Qura'an and Sunnah

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: General Islamic Matter
Forum Description: Discuss Islamic matters/issues that not covered by other sub catagories
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15554
Printed Date: 25 April 2024 at 10:42pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Please let us study Qura'an and Sunnah
Posted By: Full of Hopes
Subject: Please let us study Qura'an and Sunnah
Date Posted: 29 September 2009 at 9:56pm

Ok what od you thin if we start the first two days with Surah Ikhlas.
 This is number 122 in Quraan. This suraa a lone = 1/3 of the whole Quraan.  Me and you will know more when we study.

May Allah help us.

-------------
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)

Replies:
Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 30 September 2009 at 5:36am

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Sister, as you said, we will take up first three pages of Qur'an with its explanation - i feel instead we take up 3 ayaath or 4 ayaath, with deep understanding, referring to various commentaries.

Right now, as you said, we will go for Surah Ikhlaas, insha Allah.

But again, i cannot give you a word of commitment, though shall try my best to be here. Alhamdullilah, am learning word to word study of Qur'an thru a renowed scholar. We are in Surah-Al-Imran.

What i feel is we will not take up number of pages, instead aim at number of ayaath we can learn. Anyways, we will also look into other sisters suggestions, if at all they hold. Also, we will look for quality based study rather than quantity.

Secondly, we are to be very much careful of the intentions. It may lead to Ar-Riyaa {Show off}, if a sister completes her homework to sign in first or let know others that she learnt. So let us keep reminding each other abt this important aspect.

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Date Posted: 30 September 2009 at 11:58am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

What i feel is we will not take up number of pages, instead aim at number of ayaath we can learn. Anyways, we will also look into other sisters suggestions, if at all they hold. Also, we will look for quality based study rather than quantity.
This is 100% right. So we will follow your advice about this.

Secondly, we are to be very much careful of the intentions. It may lead to Ar-Riyaa {Show off},
Sister, I know we have to care for our intentions but if you are sure you are doing this for Allah and you feel if you tell others about it, they will be encouraged to do as you do or even better, I feel it is really nice. For me, I  become lazy so quickly but when I see that you are working hard, I try to do like you and feel active. That is why I told my sisters to tell us about their achievements, so that we become more active.
  if a sister completes her homework to sign in first or let know others that she learnt. So let us keep reminding each other abt this important aspect.
 May Allah bless you. This point is great. May Allah help us.

-------------
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)

Posted By: Hayfa
Date Posted: 30 September 2009 at 2:31pm
Asaalam Alaikum,

For me I am a quality over quantity kinda person. I also like the time to think, reflect and implement.

Also, I thin it is good for Hadith, to have the details, was it for a specific event etc.  And to group subjects to gether, like say greeting people.. have several if they are the same topic. If possible

JUst my personal opinion. Smile

-------------
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi

Date Posted: 30 September 2009 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

Asaalam Alaikum,

For me I am a quality over quantity kinda person. I also like the time to think, reflect and implement.

Also, I thin it is good for Hadith, to have the details, was it for a specific event etc.  And to group subjects to gether, like say greeting people.. have several if they are the same topic. If possible

JUst my personal opinion. Smile

Wa Alaikum Asslam  Wa Rahmatullah

These are very good idea. You make me feel we are true sisters. I really like the idea of Hadith. We will do it inshallah.
So, inshallah, the result will be rewarding. We all will increase our imaan together and feel the sweet taste of imaan in our hearts.
 May Allah be pleased.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 September 2009 at 6:59pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Glad to see you sis Hayfa.

By the way, "full of hopes", are we to wait for more sisters to join ? Whenever, we are to start, do let us know here. Assign us the surah/ayah, or hadith or asma-al-husna, and the time limit as well.

JazakiAllahu khayr.

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Date Posted: 30 September 2009 at 8:51pm

Wa Alaikum Asslam

May Allah bless you all and be pleased on you. I think we should wait for the rest at least two days to see our plan. I am sure they all want to join us to be closer to Allah and have His rewards. I feel I am enthusiastic about starting our plan. But as I told you the number of sisters who will join us will grow up and it will be a good chance to remember our ties for the sake of Allah.
 Inshallah .. we will do it together.

May Allah help us ... Smile

-------------

Posted By: Chrysalis
Date Posted: 01 October 2009 at 4:28am
Assallamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh Dear sisters. . .

I like Full of Hopes initiative. I agree that it is easier to study the Qur'an/Hadith in Halaqas like this. It keeps us on schedule.

I also agree with Sis Hidayaths warning about Riyaa - so to avoid Riyaa - instead of asking sisters to sign in and tell us how much they did - how about sisters take turns each week doing verses and explaining ? And the other sisters could then chip in with thier understanding? Just an idea . . .

I will inshAllah try to take part in this plan . . . because I am openly admitting that otherwise I am very lazy and often neglect ibaadah Cry  Ouch

Although I also believe that there are lesser chances of Riyaa online - since we all are anonymous to a certain extent here - and don't know each other that well. . . . so, less showing off ? In physical/real study-circles, Riyaa does come in, since some of us may try to look better than others! Wink

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Posted By: Allah First
Date Posted: 01 October 2009 at 9:24am
Asalaam Aleikum Sisters,

I will Inshallah be taking part in this plan....maybe Allah (swt) has given me this opportunity to broaded my knowledge.
I'm lazy when it comes to study, but my heart is in the right place.

May Allah reward you full of hopes.

Date Posted: 01 October 2009 at 1:05pm

Allah is Great!! I am really happy for seeing you sister, Chrysalis. May Allah bless our efforts and help us to reach those aim we want for His sake.

-------------

Posted By: Nur_Ilahi
Date Posted: 02 October 2009 at 6:07am
InshaAllah, will chip in whenever time permits.

Salam alaikum.

-------------
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.

Date Posted: 02 October 2009 at 7:54am

Asslamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatu Allah

Dear sisters, may Allah bless you all and raise your rank. I say why do not we start form: Saturday: the 3rd of October 2009. If any sister want to join us after this date we all will  welcome her and help her. Inshallah we will work as a group. I thought of sister Chrysais suggestion of dividing the work. Like every two days one of us will take the turn and tell us what she studies. This is a very good idea but the problem is that one of us might be busy those days. What do you think? Maybe we should do this plan but everyone of you please tell me thedays that she feels that she can do the lesson on. If this is not fine then I will do it and if anyone of you free, she can help me. I study  and will start work after around a month but I feel if we depend on Allah and trust Him, I can arrange my time and do it inshallah. It is better than spending the free time in uselss things.Confused

But sisters, I want to be clear about the lessons. Just my sugeessins for the the lessons and you can add more, agree or disagree. This is OUR plan not mine Big%20smile:
 1- Inshallah, tomorrow will be the first day. Inshallah, we will do Suraa Al-Ikhlas 122. The way I suggest for the studying and taken form some of your sugeestions.
 a- We study the meanings of verses of this shrot but very iportant Suraa. Add here the meanings of difficult words ONLY. Just because I think typing  too long replies
here maight lead into bordom or no time to read. So if any sister wants to share us what she studied, I hope she types just the difficult, confusing or essetial information  she has taken form the lesson. Just in case she has some thing she feels it is new for us,  then she can add the middle reply but please no documented or too long replies. I hope you agree with me on this. Wink
 b- If there is a special puropse for revealing an aya or suraa, we recommned that you add it because many of us do not know the purposes of reveling some ayas.
 c- The most imporant thing is that what this aya adds to your faith (imaan) in Allah. Type this in few sentences or more as you like it. I insist on short posts because as I told you so many do not read the too long posts.

For now this is about Quraan. Inshallah, I will write my suggestiosn about the other two leassons after two days of studying Suraa Ikhlass. I will add what I learned just to show you the way I suggest for it.

Do not worry if you are busy some days. We have left one day of the week off and inshallah will take some days for going over every thing we studied.Smile

This is my humble opinoin. I am waiting for your more suggestions. So the first day in our blessing plan is :the 3rd of October.

May Allah bless our efforts and be pelased. Star

-------------

Date Posted: 02 October 2009 at 7:42pm
Walaikum Salam wa Rahmatullah,

All is fine. A suggestion here, "Full of Hopes", that insha Allah, we are taking up Surah Ikhlaas, right !. We will discuss this surah and our points there at Quran and Surah section. We can take up any discussion over that surah. That would be detailed, as well as good collection of explanations for our readers as well.

When we take up another surah, we will start a new thread ! What do you all say sisters !

-------------

Date Posted: 02 October 2009 at 10:01pm

Thumbs%20Up I will start today inshallah.. The other sisters will see this soon inshallah and add their suggestions. May Allah bless you sister Seekshidayath..Heart

-------------

Posted By: martha
Date Posted: 03 October 2009 at 5:46am

Salaams Sister FOH,

I think you are doing great to encourage us all to study more. I will try to follow along...my heart is in the right place...so I will just read the posts for now. I know full well that if I commit to something more rigid then I will fall at the first hurdle. I also take time to think things over...and you might leave me behind. Hope this is ok with all you sisters. I wish you success with it. May our love for Allah continue and grow more each day.

-------------
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set

Date Posted: 03 October 2009 at 1:05pm

Asslamu Alaikum

sister Martha,

May Allah bless you for you efforts.Star   Yes I hope you stay with us just to read the post and get the benefit. But I am not saying we do this because we are wasting our time in other things. All of the sisters here have jobs, schools or families. No one is free. I am saying why do not we cut this time from our day to study a little amount for the sake Allah???  It is great that we are here together. I know you are busy but I hope you stay with us as you can..Wink We need you..Heart

I feel, I need sisters here. We can help each others to be better Muslims.
 Of course, you can do this with yoruself at home but it is not like when we do it together as a gruop of sisters. Believe me that is my aim.
 To be do something good together. We will remember it and be reward for, inshallah. Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 03 October 2009 at 9:34pm

Asslamu Alikum Wa Rahmatu Allah Wa Barak

Listen to Suraa Ikhlas 122 online: http://salmanspiritual.com/sound/112.ram - real audio stream  

say: He, Allah, is ONE. 

Read it in Arabic: qul huwa Allahu ahad

Allah s- samad

Allah is He on whom all depend

Lam yalid  wa lam yulad

He begets not nor is He begotten

Wa Lam yakul-la-hu-kufu-wan ahad

And none is like Him

-------------

Date Posted: 03 October 2009 at 10:34pm

Name of Al-Ikhlas: is not merely the name of this Suraa but also the title of its contents, for it deals exclusively with Tawheed, the oneness of Allah. Whoever understands it and believes in its teaching, will get rid of shirk(polytheism) completely.

Story of this suraa revelation: Abdullah bin Masud has reported that the Quraish said to the Holy Prophet (upon whom be be peace): "Tell us of the ancestry of your Lord."Thereupon this Surah was sent down. (Tabarani)

1- Suraa Iklas = 1/3 of the Quraan:

"He (Abud Darda) reported God's messenger as saying, "Is any of you capable of reciting a third of the Qur'an in a night?" On being asked how they could recite a third of the Qur'an he replied, " 'Say, He is God, One' is equivalent to a third of the Qur'an."

2- It is used for curing the illness and has a GREAT value. Because this suraa is talking about the subject of Tawheed: There is no GOD but Allah.

3- It has to be read
3 times every morning and evening to protect you form every thing.
 It is also read  once after every prayer. Also,the prophet, peace be upon him, used to read it before he sleeps 3 times with the other two short suraas. Annas 114 and Al- Falaq 113.

Summary 
    Summing up, the message of the surah lies in the concept of Tawhid it brings out by mention of certain complementary pairs of attributes of God. The essence of which is that God has always existed and shall always exist; He was when there was nothing and shall remain when everything ceases to be; He is complete and entire in His being and is above all needs; everyone needs Him while He needs none; He is a refuge for all and on Him everyone depends; He brings everything into existence, and by His orders everything is destroyed; He is father to none nor has He a father; He is the Creator and the Cherisher of all and fashions and sustains everything; nothing is from His substance and being; He has no peer or equal and indeed all are His servants and slaves.

Abeautiful Story about this Suraa (the man who loved Suraa Ikhlas):
  Narrated Aisha, RAA: the prophet peace be upon him sent (an army unit) under the command of a man who used to lead his companions in the Salat (prayers) and would finish his recitation with ( the Sura 112) : "Say (O Muhammad): He is Allah, (the One)," When they retuned (from the battle), they mentioned that to the prophet, peace be upon him, . He said to them  : "Ask him why he does so." They asked him and he said, " I do so because it mentions the qualities of the Most Beneficent and I love to recite it [in my Salat (prayer)] The prophet said: "Tell him that Allah loves him". Al-Bukhari [9:472-O.B]

Dear sisters, there is too much to say about this suraa but I pray to Allah that you get the benefit form what have been said here.
 May Allah accept form us and make us hoenst with Him.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 October 2009 at 12:03am
sisters please i need your feedack about this. I need you to add and comment.
And please let me know who would take the next turn and explain one name of Allah 99 names. Of course Allah is the first name we have to do. What do you think?

-------------

Date Posted: 04 October 2009 at 12:37am
As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah,

Welcome sis Martha. Smile

"Sis Full of hopes", you almost covered every point. SubhanAllah !

Little i would like to add, as why surah Ikhlaas is equal to 1/3rd  of Qura'n.

The Qur'an consists of three fundamental objectives:

a) Those commands and prohibitions which contain the laws and practical ways. These form the subject matter of the science of Fiqh (jurisprudence) and Ethics.

b) The tales and narratives which include the stories of the Prophets and Messengers of God and their communities. The punishments and disasters which befell those who resisted and denied the Messengers of God. Also, the promises, rewards, warnings and dooms.

c) The knowledge of Tawheed (the Unity of God) and the description of those matters which relate to the Names of Almighty God and His Attributes, which to have faith in is obligatory upon the servant of God (i.e. each Muslim). This has precedence over the first three.

Surah al-Ikhlaas contains the third objective and a general description of it. Thus, it is correct to say that this surah is equal to one third of the Qur'an.

And Zakir Naik, in one of his lectures said that, if one who claims to be God, let him pass thru this criteria. This surah, is like a definition of God. Its  a litmus test for those who claim themselves of their deities.

say: He, Allah, is ONE.
Allah is He on whom all depend
He begets not nor is He begotten
And none is like Him

They shud pass thru this test.

-------------

Posted By: Nur_Ilahi
Date Posted: 04 October 2009 at 3:56am
Subhanallah Sisters.

I only would like to add that, sometimes after solah (prayers), just reciting this slowly and humbly, makes me feel so small, so insignificant. That we are nothing compared to His Greatness. Indeed how much we depend on Him for our daily needs and especially - spiritual Strength.

At times when I feel really ikhlas in reciting this Suratul Ikhlas, I would shed tears of gratitude, tears of repentance.

Indeed, just to add LA HAULAWALA QUWWATA ILLA BILLAHILALIYILADZEEM.

-------------
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.

Posted By: kawthar1979
Date Posted: 04 October 2009 at 5:44am

Assalam alaykum ya sisters,

I'll be glad to be part of your sisterhood plan to increase my knowledge of our beautiful religion...I wont be the best student and maybe slower than all of you but i wish to become better muslim and hope you'll have patience with me insha Allah....

Kind regards to all and may Allah SWT reward "full of hopes" for her courage to start a sisterhood plan masha Allah...

Kawthar

Date Posted: 04 October 2009 at 11:05am

Asslamu Alaikum Wa Rahamtu Allah

SubhanAllah, sister Seek, may Allah bless you. You have add very useful information about his Great Suraa.

And sister, Nur Ilahi, I really tired to read the suraa the way you said slowly with focusing on its meaning. Yeh we are so small. May Allah have mercy on us. Cry

-------------

Date Posted: 05 October 2009 at 5:05pm

Asslamu Alaikum  Wa Rahmatu Allah

I am sorry to tell my sisters that I can not go on the plan I've started with you any more. For some personal reasons, I will not be able to sign in for a while, I am not sure how long. I hope that you complete what I have started here for the sake of Allah.
 And I must tell you, because, Allah is Great, He blessed me with knowing this Quraan, alhadulillah. When I wanted to add suraa Ikhlas explication, I found so many wrong tranlations online. Even some sites with Islamic names and lots of Quraan were not telling the exact meaning of Arabic Quraan. So that, if you will do this, you must be sure of the source because this is  Islam and Quraan which is the red line in our life. Never post or add anything you are not sure of..

May Allah bless you and reward you. May Allah keep me and you on the right path.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 October 2009 at 11:31pm

Asslamu Alikum
 sisters , inshallah I will try hard to be back and do our plan.  I may not be able to add more but I believe to do a small good deed every week is better than stopping. I may not be so active but I will try. I just need your comments and addings.  May Allah bless you all.
 I will add the next lesson soon , inshallah. It is very nice, rewarding and useful inshallah, about Allah greatest name Allah.
 WE will know the meaning of this name and what does this add to our faith. I will also mention  some duaas with this name and why this name is special.
 Accept my duaa and pray for me. I need your duaa.
  salam.

-------------

Posted By: Zaharah
Date Posted: 10 October 2009 at 6:12pm
Assalimu Alaikum Sisters here on this forum, glad to meet you all and thanks soo much for this, it was greatly needed.  May Allah be pleased
Sister Zaharah

-------------
CHANGE- Let's change the way we eat, the way we live and the way we treat each other. You see the old way wasn't working, so it's on us to do what we gotta do to survive.

Tupac A. Shakur...

Date Posted: 10 October 2009 at 6:33pm
Assalimu Alaikum sisters,
I wanted to add something please.  I have purchased a book called the Ninety Nine  Names of Allah from Islamic Book Service:  Please sisters this is a wonderful book to add to your collection and it is VERY helpful, the email addy is [email protected]
website www.islamic-india.com
This is what it says about ALLAH:
THE NAME OF ALLAH. Whoever says this Name of Allah
1000 times daily, all forms of doubts and uncertainties will be
removed from his heart and instead, determination
and faith will become ingrained in Him.
It is also very effective in the cure of and incurable
disease if Dua is made after reciting it excessively.
   May Allah be Pleased.
Zaharah

-------------
CHANGE- Let's change the way we eat, the way we live and the way we treat each other. You see the old way wasn't working, so it's on us to do what we gotta do to survive.

Tupac A. Shakur...

Date Posted: 10 October 2009 at 6:59pm
Assalimu  Alaikum sisters
also i wanted to point out the word Begets/ Begotten-
If we translate this word according to the American Heritage dictionary it means:
To father; sire. begetter, begot (-gt), begotten (-gtn) or begot, begetting, begets.

Now pull the word Sire out and it means: male parent; be the male parent of. 

Ive had many converstaions with people who say the words "God the Father, and i try to explain to them that Allah does not beget or has begotten.  If we break this down, it just does not make since for someone to say these things.  I usually carry my pocket dictionary around with me to show them to see the message with their own eyes.
Allah did not FATHER us or is He a Sire, He is our creator, alone He is one,  whom we all depend and there is none like Him.
Allah Akbar
Sister Zaharah

-------------

Tupac A. Shakur...

Date Posted: 14 October 2009 at 9:52am

Subhanallah , this is valuable information sister Zaharah, may Allah bless you. Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 14 October 2009 at 10:27am

Introduction:

1- HOW MUCH DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ALLAH, OUR CREATOR?

Who  created you? Who granted you, your body, your eyes, or the color of your hair? Who determined the shape of your body or the color of your eyes?
Who created all other people, the heavens, Earth, and every living
being in between? Who determined the order of the planets, the Sun, and
the stars in the depths of space.   

Your answers to all
these questions will be the same: Allah. When asked to other people,
they will also answer: Allah. Indeed, Allah informs us in the Qur'an
that people will confess this fact, as follows:

If you ask them: Who created the heavens and Earth and made the Sun and
Moon subservient? They will say: Allah. So how have they been
deluded [away from the truth]? ( Surat al-Ankabut, 29:61)

Allah is the only true [reality>. There is nothing permanent other than Him. Allah is  eternal and "uncreated", whereas everything else in the universe is "created."

2- What is the meaning of Allah's name Allah?

Allah  is the Arabic word for God. It is compounded of "Al", the definite
article 'the', and "illah", meaning "god". Therefore, Allah literally
means "The God" -- somewhat parallel to the capitalized "God" in
English.

3- Why is Allah a special name?

Allah is the special name of God and is the  most precious name because it is not a descriptive name like the other 99 names of Allah,
but the name of God's own presence. It is impossible to alter the word
in Arabic; such as create a plural form (gods) or change the gender.

Some Muslim Scholars say that it is Allah's greatest name.

4- What does knowing this name add to my imaan/faith?

Knowing that Allah is the God, will increase our faith not only to worship Allah only but, it helps us to:

... depend on no one but Allah,  love no one but Allah,  fear no one but Allah,  complain to no one but Allah,  seek refuge form no one but Allah,  depend on no one but Allah,  ask for help form no one  but Allah

The one who achieved these things will feel the sweet taste of imaan/faith in his/her heart and Allah will bless her in this life and her life after, inshallah.

Note: The Names of Allah only conveys what is written in the
Qur'an and Sunnah, for we have no knowledge about His names other than what He
teaches us. Those that are out of our knowledge are, as is the case with everything else, in our Lord's Sight:

( They said: Glory be to You! We have no knowledge except what You have taught us. You are the All-Knowing, the All-Wise.( Surat al-Baqara, 2:32)

I pray to Allah that you get the benefit form this. I am waiting for your comments.  May Allah accept.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 October 2009 at 12:18pm
Wa Alaikum As Salams, sister Full of Hopes
May Allah be pleased wtih ALL the efforts from the deen, Insha Allah.

Allah Akbar!!!!

Zaharah

-------------

Tupac A. Shakur...

Posted By: Hayfa
Date Posted: 15 October 2009 at 12:44pm
Maybe there coupld be a separate thread with with sticky titled LESSONS.. 

-------------
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi

Date Posted: 16 October 2009 at 7:36pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Sorry for being late to respond your PM, full of hopes Smile. Unable to manage things properly around me.-- Insha Allah, shall sort out soon and be regular here.

Anyways, i had notes about the attribute of Allah - Al-Azeez

Bismillah

Allah azza wa jal says in surah Fussilat ayah 41:

وَإِنَّهُ لَكِتَابٌ عَزِيزٌ

And verily, it is surely an �Azeez Book

Allah ta�ala emphasizes twice in this ayah to show that this Book is �Azeez. �Inna� in the beginning and the �laam� infront of �Kitaab�.

This Book is �Azeez in three ways:

1-Qadr -it is a respectable and honorable Book.

2- Ghalbah- a Book that is mighty. It is ghaalib (overpowering) with regards to its proof. It overpowers everything else.

3- Imtina�aa- Imtina�aa is to not let anything harm you. It is a strong and firm Book.

Allah ta�ala explains in the next ayah how the Qur�an is �Azeez:

لَّا يَأْتِيهِ الْبَاطِلُ مِن بَيْنِ يَدَيْهِ وَلَا مِنْ خَلْفِهِ

Falsehood cannot come to it from before it or behind it. (41:42)

From before and behind means baatil cannot approach or enter it. Baatil refers to:

1- that which is not part of the Qur�an cannot enter it and that which is in the Qur�an cannot be taken out.

2- According to Qatadah, Baatil refers to Shaytan. Shaytan cannot alter it or change its wahy (revelation).

3- taktheeb: denial. Taktheeb coming from front of it means a book from the past that contradicts it. There is no scripture from the past that contradicts it. Taktheeb coming from behind it means no book in the future can refute, abrogate or nullify it.

Baatil cannot approach it because it is:

تَنزِيلٌ مِّنْ حَكِيمٍ حَمِيدٍ

(it is) sent down by the All-Wise, Worthy of all praise. (41:42)

It is a book from Allah azza wa jal. Tanzeel is a gradual revelation.

He is:

Hakeem: He ta�ala has made the Book in such a style, with such meanings, evidence and examples that no baatil cannot enter it.

Hameed: He ta�ala is Praiseworthy because He revealed such a book. Only He could reveal a Book that is applicable in every era, for every time and for everyone.

Despite many efforts to change the Qur�an since its revelation, nothing can be altered or added to it because it is revealed from Al Hakeem Al Hameed.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 October 2009 at 10:04am

Asslamu Alikum Wa Rahmatu Allah

Great sister Seek may Allah bless you. It tells some special features of this book. We can add more. As for the time do not say sorry, me too so busy. We just have to fight to do it. Allah will help us to do more here and benefit many people even after we leave or die.
 May Allah have mercy on us.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 October 2009 at 2:02pm

Asslamu Alaikum

sisters I wonder about something and hope you can answer me. Is it right the Christians do not say Allah??? They say only God? Is not Allah is God in their believes? please reply about this part. I have heard about it but not sure.

If it is true, then we all have to use only Allah to differ from them.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 November 2009 at 8:03am

Bisillahi ArRahman Al-Raheem

Hadith #1

"Actions are but by intentions"

'Umar b. al-Khattab narrated that the Prophet (S) said: Deeds are [a result] only of the intentions [of the actor], and an individual is [rewarded] only according to that which he intends. Therefore, whosoever has emigrated for the sake of Allah and His messenger, then his emigration was for Allah and His messenger. Whosoever emigrated for the sake of worldly gain, or a woman [whom he desires] to marry, then his emigration is for the sake of that which [moved him] to emigrate." Narrated by Bukhari and Muslim.

Al-Shafi'i said that it comprises a third of all religious knowledge. Ahmad b. Hanbal said that the principles axes of Islam, in terms of hadith, are three: the hadith of 'Umar that "deeds are judged only by intention,....."

The first sentence of the hadith, "innama al-a'mal bi-l-niyyat," is a declaration that the voluntary actions of a person are a consequence only of that person's purpose to perform the act or bring it into existence ("la taqa' illa 'an qasd min al-'amil huwa sabab 'amaliha wa wujudiha.").? The second sentence, "wa innama li-kulli imri` ma nawa,"is a declaration of religion's judgment of the act in question ("ikbar 'an al-hukm al-shar'i").? Thus, if the intention motivating an act is good, then performance of the act is good and the person receives its reward..  Big%20smile

As for the corrupt intention, the action it motivates is corrupt, and the person receives punishment. Confused

If the intention motivating the act is permissible, then the action is permissible, and the actor receives neither reward nor punishment.

Therefore, acts in themselves, their goodness, foulness or neutrality, from the perspective of religion, are judged according to the actor's intention that caused their existence.Wink

Despite the importance of having a good niyya, and its centrality to Islam, it is among the most difficult things to achieve.Geek

Thus, Sufyan al-Thawri is reported to have said, "Nothing is more difficult for me to treat than my intention (niyya) for indeed it turns on me!."? Yusuf b. Asbat said, "Purifying one's intention from corruption is more difficult for persons than lengthy exertion (ijtihad)."..Ouch

An act that is not done sincerely for the sake of Allah may be divided into parts:

The first is that which is solely for display (riya) such that its sole motivation is to be seen by others in order to achieve a goal in the profane world, as was the case of the Hypocrites in their performance of prayer, where Allah described them as "When they join prayer, they go lazily [with the purpose] of displaying [themselves] to the people." Ouch

At other times, an action might be partially for the sake of Allah and partially to display one's self in front of the people. If the desire to display one's self arose at the origin of the action, then the action is vain.
   Imam Ahmad reports that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "When Allah gathers the first [of His creation] and the last [of His creation] for that Day for which there is no doubt, a crier will call out, 'Whosoever associated with Me another in his actions let him seek his reward from other than Allah, for Allah is the most independent of any association (fa-inna allaha aghna al-sharaka` 'an al-shirk)."

Al-Nasa`i reported that a man asked the Prophet (peace be upon him), "What is your opinion of one who fights [in the way of Allah] seeking fame [in the profane world] and reward [from Allah]?" The Prophet (peace be upon him) replied, "He receives nothing [by way of reward from Allah'."
 The Prophet (peace be upon him) repeated this three times and then said, "Allah accepts no deeds other than those that are performed solely for His sake and by which His face is sought." Shocked

In conclusion, the saying of Sahl b. 'Abd Allah is most beautiful in this regard: Nothing is more difficult on a person than sincerity because the person gains no share of that [act].

Ibn 'Uyayna said that Mutarrif b. 'Abdallah would repeat the following prayer,

"O Allah! I seek Your forgiveness for that which I sought your repentance but to which I subsequently returned; I seek Your forgiveness from that which I rendered to You from my self, but then, I was not able to maintain faithfully; and, I seek Your forgiveness from that by which I claimed I desired your Face but my heart became corrupted with that which I did." Cry

Ibn Rajab's Commentary on Imam Nawawi's Forty Hadith

-------------

Date Posted: 17 November 2009 at 8:27am

Alright, my beloved in Allah, sisters,

It is time to work. http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNman000">Woohoo!

I am here to work again for our goal.

To PLEASE AND PLEASE AND PLEASE ALLAH

Hurry back please..

http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNman000">Megaphone

WE need to be back together again. http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNman000">Sisters

Remember, the long journey starts with a step. We go step by step to reach the goal.
Just keep the good intention and KEEP walking.

http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNman000">track

I understand we are all busy but let's try to the off days.

We will all get the benefit. I need you comments on the lesson above.

I love you all for the sake of Allah..

http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNman000">Thank%20You

-------------

Date Posted: 17 November 2009 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Full of Hopes Full of Hopes wrote:

�Asslamu Alaikum �sisters I wonder about something and hope you can answer me. Is it right the Christians do not say Allah??? They say only God? Is not Allah is God in their believes? please reply about this part. I have heard about it but not sure.�If it is true, then we all have to use only Allah to differ from them.

Walaikum Salam wa Rahmatullah,

Glad to see you active sis.

I heard that Arab-christians and Jews, say God as Allah. Also, page -1 of Genesis contains word Allah 17 times. By the way Allah swt is not just rabb of Muslims, right !

-------------

Date Posted: 17 November 2009 at 9:36am

And yes sister, jazakiAllahu khayr for the hadith shared. We do have 40ahadith at Qur'an and sunnah section, There's separate thread of it. We share the link here.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 November 2009 at 12:17pm
Just wanted to "drop a post" to say I'm back - inshAllah.

I agree with Sis Seeks, My Protestant Christian friend in Pakistan uses the same word "Allah" when she refers to God. She doesnt say "God" or "Jesus" or anyother thing.

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 17 November 2009 at 12:43pm
I dont know if this is the correct place to ask this question - since it may be interrupting the flow of the thread. . . was gonna PM, but Sis Seeks encourages us to post publicly so others can also benefit Smile

After reading the post on "Niyyah" - came across the concept of Riyah. So had this question . . . suppose that you are very lazy when it comes to doing an Islamic Deed e.g Salaat. And you always miss Maghrib salaat. . . what if somebody mentions to go and pray Maghrib Salaah. . . . now -

1. On one hand you fear Riyaah - or Munaafqat - if you go and pray now, because you were actually (astaghfirullah) thinking of making it Qazza... and if u pray now, its bcz someone asked u to, and ur doing it to "show" them.

2. On the other hand, if you don't get up despite someone giving u "Da'waah" - its like you are disobeying a commandment of Allah on purpose despite a reminder . . .

So what should one do? Pray Salaat even if we had no intention, thus making it Riyaah - or ignore the Da'waah as well as make it qazaa thus double sin. And no, its not just a hypothetical question. Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 17 November 2009 at 5:42pm
As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah

Good Question sis,

Firstly, i shall catch you by your ear, why were you not online all these days ? You are sensible, as well bit naughty, {Allah swt knows you the best}, but i missed you alot. Let us know hereafter, if you are not going to be active for few days.

Anyways, coming to the question, Riya {show-off}, if the salah is totally intended to show-off thats Riya. By way sis,riyakari may enter, even while offering the prayers even when not asked to offer. Is n't it ?

The fear of Riya, that stops one to offer salah, when asked to do so, is purely WHISPERIMG FROM SATAN. This open enemy let's us postpond this salah, and even the qaza prayers. So at such times, just jerk those thoughts, and we are to start up seeking refuge, {even if we hold riya, that shall go away}.

Not just salah, many other good deeds, which we intend to do, {sometimes,we may need to do them openly} at such times, such thought that it may be Riya'a stops us to do that good deed. Its whispering from satan, or otherwise, what we say, nafs ki shararat. To overcome these thoughts and stand for salah, is Jihad bil nafs, and considered as the best Jihad.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 November 2009 at 6:14am

The fear of Riya, that stops one to offer salah, when asked to do so, is purely WHISPERIMG FROM SATAN. This open enemy let's us postpond this salah, and even the qaza prayers. So at such times, just jerk those thoughts, and we are to start up seeking refuge, {even if we hold riya, that shall go away}.

Not just salah, many other good deeds, which we intend to do, {sometimes,we may need to do them openly} at such times, such thought that it may be Riya'a stops us to do that good deed. Its whispering from satan, or otherwise, what we say, nafs ki shararat. To overcome these thoughts and stand for salah, is Jihad bil nafs, and considered as the best Jihad.

I can add nothing to this. This is my exact answer. May Allah bless sister seek and keep her for us.

May Allah keep us on the right path and be pleased on me, you and all Muslims.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 November 2009 at 4:03am
JazakAllah for the responses Sis Seek & Full of Hopes, Smile

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah

Firstly, i shall catch you by your ear, why were you not online all these days ? You are sensible, as well bit naughty, {Allah swt knows you the best}, but i missed you alot. Let us know hereafter, if you are not going to be active for few days.

Wa'alaikum Salaam wa Rahmatullah

My apologies for disappearing without notifying anyone. I had less time online because of exams and assignments. Alhamdulilah I am free now Smile. So shall be more regular inshAllah. Feel free to pull my ears, heheh, It feels good to know that a sister like you is there to keep me in check. (alhamdulilah). (It was also nice to know I was missed Embarrassed ). Next time will make sure to give in a "leave of absence" before I disappear. Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 19 November 2009 at 11:00am

Asslamu Alaikum

Hey sister, me too I missed you so much... May Allah keep our sisterhood and love for His sake.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 November 2009 at 3:29pm

Asslamu Alaikum

sisters I really need an answer for this. As we are discussing the intentions, sometimes you feel you do something for the sake of Allah, then people thank you so much for it. It makes you feel so happy sometimes. Is that fine?
   I try to fight this feeling but I blame myself for it a lot. Do you have an idea about this?

-------------

Posted By: fais
Date Posted: 23 November 2009 at 10:47pm
Salam,

all which you mentioned is called waswasa in arabi,like you do wadu shaitan will make you think that you have not done it properly,or read quran and think i have not read it properly and then stop reading finally.

so just continue the good deeds and leave it to allah,this feeling of showing and doing is called small shirk,which is as unvisible as a black ant on balck stone in a black nite.so just pray to allah that accept your prayers.

i feel no matter how much we pray,finally it will be our allahs rehma which will take us to janna,hope to see all muslims there.

so plz plz plz dont stop doing good deeds for the fear of riyah,note you will make shaitan happy if you do that,his job is to stop you from your final goal so dont let him succeed,even if you feel its riyah continue doing it to defeat shaitan,believe me sister allah will reward you with things you cuould have not imagined in your wildest fantasy.

remeber this word waswasa its a very usefull weapon of shitan,he use it to make you feel you are the perfectionist,and sister when you get this feeling of being perfectionist at that time i think you doing riyah or small shirk(this is not applicable to all but somepeople it may happen)

its very hard for me to express what i mean to say but hope i have explained properly,may allah guide all of us.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) commanded us to recite a lot of Tasbeeh ("Subhan-Allaah"),Tahmeed ("Al-hamdu Lillaah")& Takbeer ("Allaahu akbar") during these 10 days .

i like this peace of information.

Date Posted: 26 November 2009 at 9:41am

The Acceptance of Good Deeds
Hussain al-Awaaishah

Before a Muslim moves another step forward or performs any act or deed, he is obliged to acquire knowledge in the path that will lead him to the best end, that is, having his good deeds accepted by Allah, Allah willing.

It is important to note that what counts is not the number of good deeds or acts of worship performed, for there may be a person who performs many good deeds, yet, all what he gains is tiredness in this life and hardships in the Last Life. The Messenger said, what translated means, �There may be a Sa�im (fasting person) who only gains hunger from his Siyam (fast), and there may be a Qa�im (who stands up in prayer at night) who only gains Sahar (staying up late) from his Qiyam!� [Ibn Majah].

Rather, what truly counts is knowing and implementing the conditions that will ensure Allah�s acceptance of the performed good deeds and various acts of worship.

There are two essential conditions that must both be present in every performed good act or deed, so as to ensure their acceptance by Allah. First, a Muslim must seek Allah alone in the good deeds that he performs. Second, this good deed must be in total accordance with what Allah has legislated in His Book and what His Messenger has commanded in his Sunnah.

Whenever one of those two conditions is absent from any righteous act or deed, then this good deed or act is neither good nor accepted, for Allah said, what translated means,
�So whoever hopes for the meeting with his Lord, let him work righteousness and associate none as a partner in the worship of his Lord.�Al-Quran 18:110
In this Ayah, Allah has decreed that any good act or deed must be righteous, that is, being in accordance with His Religion, and that He alone is sought by this good act or deed.

In his Tafsir (explanation) of the Quran, ibn Kathir said, �these are the two conditions that ensure the acceptance of any righteous act: it must be performed for the sake of Allah alone and according to the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah.�

I added this to to show how intentions are important for acceptance of deeds.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 December 2009 at 8:53am

Asslamu AlaiKum Wa Rahmatu Allah,,

Clap hey,, I am waiting for the sisters to give this part of their time. I look forward to seeing their  valuable comments.Wink

In two days, insha' Allah, I will add a GREAT lesson cause it will explain the GREATEST aya in Quraan. DO you know what that is Question

-------------

Date Posted: 02 December 2009 at 9:03am

Asslamu AlaiKum Wa Rahmatu Allah,, Claphey,, I am waiting for the sisters to give this part of their time. I look forward to seeing their� valuable comments.[IMG>smileys/smiley2.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Wink" /> �In two days, insha' Allah, I will add a GREAT lesson cause it will explain the GREATEST aya in Quraan. DO you know what that is [IMG>smileys/smiley25.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Question" />

Wa'alaikum salaam wa rahamatullah Sis,

I already read this post last week, I was gonna add a Hadith I remembered (Regarding Good Deeds) - but then I forgot the wordings and the source. Anyway, I found the Hadith,
"And the most beloved of
deeds to Allah are those which are regularly done even if they were
little." (Bukhari & Muslim)

As for the next lesson, I am eagerly awaiting that sister, I am excited to know what that great Ayah is. [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="middle" />

-------------

Date Posted: 02 December 2009 at 10:43am

Asslamu Alaikum It is really nice to see you around. K we try to stay togther.

As for the hadith, I think you mean this: �The deeds most loved by Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�aala (are those) done regularly, even if they are small.�

and it is Hadith Saheeh,

It also gives the same meaning you wanted to say. When you read the explanation of it, you see how regular  good deeds are loved that other deeds.. that we do not keep doing.

Anyway,, nice to see you around, may Allah protect you.Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 02 December 2009 at 10:54am

Asslamu Alaikum It is really nice to see you around. K we try to stay togther.�As for the hadith, I think you mean this: <span ="style21">�The deeds most loved by
                                                                 Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�aala
                                                                 (are those) done regularly,
                                                                 even if they are small.� </span>
<span ="style21">�and it is Hadith Saheeh, �It also gives the same meaning you wanted to say. When you read the explanation of it, you see how regular� good deeds are loved that other deeds.. that we do not keep doing. � Anyway,, nice to see you around, may Allah protect you.[IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Smile" /></span>

JazakAllah Khair Sis, yes, I was referring to that hadith. InshAllah this thread shall be very beneficial to us all. Thankyou for the dua, May Allah bless and protect you too.    

-------------

Date Posted: 02 December 2009 at 8:54pm
Salam alaikum,

maybe aital kursi,i was suppose to say suure yaseen but its a suraa not aaya.

regards

Date Posted: 02 December 2009 at 9:08pm

Salam,

Just to add to this,the best deed a muslim can do to please allah are giving food to someone and greet salam alaikum,

I heard from my teacher reported in bukhari.

may this helps

Date Posted: 03 December 2009 at 10:38am

Surat Al Baqarah [2], verset 255

Ayat al Kursi

اللَّهُ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ
Allahu la ilaha illa Huwa, Al-Haiyul-Qaiyum

Allah! There is no God but Him, the Alive, the Eternal.

the Living, The Self-subsisting.

لاَ تَأْخُذُهُ سِنَةٌ وَلاَ نَوْمٌ
La ta'khudhuhu sinatun wa la nawm,

Neither slumber nor sleep overtaketh Him.

No slumber can seize Him Nor Sleep

لَهُ مَا فِي  السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الأَرْضِ
lahu ma fis-samawati wa ma fil-'ard

Unto Him belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth.

His are all things In the heavens and on earth.

مَنْ ذَا الَّذِي يَشْفَعُ عِنْدَهُ إِلاَّ بِإِذْنِهِ
Man dhal-ladhi yashfa'u 'indahu illa bi-idhnihi

Who is he that intercedeth with Him save by His leave?

Who is there can intercede In His presence except As he permitteth?

يَعْلَمُ مَا بَيْنَ  أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمَا خَلْفَهُمْ
Ya'lamu ma baina aidihim wa ma khalfahum,

He knoweth that which is in front of them and that which is behind them,

He knoweth What (appeareth to His creatures As) Before or After or Behind them.

َلاَ يُحِيطُونَ بِشَيْءٍ مِنْ عِلْمِهِ إِلاَّ بِمَا شَاءَ
wa la yuhituna bi shai'im-min 'ilmihi illa bima sha'a

while they encompass nothing of His knowledge save what He will.

Nor shall they compass Aught of his knowledge Except as He willeth

وَسِعَ كُرْسِيُّهُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضَ
Wasi'a kursiyuhus-samawati wal ard,

His Kursi includeth the heavens and the earth,

His kursi doth extend Over the heavens And on earth

وَلاَ يَئُودُهُ حِفْظُهُمَا
wa la ya'uduhu hifdhuhuma

and He is never weary of preserving them.

and He feeleth No fatigue in guarding And preserving them

وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْعَظِيمُ
Wa Huwal 'Aliyul-Adheem

He is the Sublime, the Tremendous.

For He is the Most High. The Supreme (in glory)."

http://salmanspiritual.com/sound/002255_7.ram - NOTE: 

http://www.qurancomplex.com/Quran/Targama/Targama.asp?nSora=2&l=arb&nAya=255#1 - (V.2:255). Kurs�: literally a footstool or chair, and sometimes wrongly translated as Throne. The Kurs� mentioned in this Verse should be distinguished from the �Arsh (Throne) mentioned in V.7:54, 10:3, 85:15 and elsewhere. Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم said: "The Kurs� compared to the �Arsh is nothing but like a ring thrown out upon open space of the desert." If the Kurs� extends over the entire universe, then how much greater is the �Arsh Indeed All�h, the Creator of both the Kurs� and the �Arsh , is the Most Great.Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 03 December 2009 at 10:59am

Vitrues of reciting Ayat al Kursi Clap

Ubayy bin Ka'b (radiAllahu anhu) reported: The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: "Abu Mundhir! Do you know which Ayah in Allah's Book is the greatest? I said: 'Allah and His messenger know best.'
He (peace be upon him) again said: 'Do you know which Ayah in Allah's Book, according to you, is the greatest?' I (Abu Mundhir) replied: �It is 'Allah la ilaha illa Huwal-Hayyul-Qayyum'.[2:255].
Thereupon he (peace be upon him) patted me in the chest and said, ' Rejoice by your knowledge, O Abu Mundhir! (i.e, may this knowledge be a source of respect, honour and benefit to you)'."
[Muslim]

Asma' bint Yazid (radiAllahu anhu) reported, 'I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) say about these two following Ayahs, i.e, verses: "Allah! There is no god but He - the Living, The Self-subsisting, Eternal. [2:255], And, Alif Lam Mim, Allah! There is no god but He - the Living, The Self-subsisting, Eternal [3:1-2], That they contain Allah's Greatest Name."
[Imam Ahmed bin Hanbal in his Musnad]

It was narrated that Abu Umamah Al-Bahili (radiAllahu anhu) said: The Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said: "Whoever recites Ayat al-Kursi immediately after each prescribed Prayer, there will be nothing standing between him and his entering Paradise except death."
[an-Nasa'i, Ibn Hibban, ibn Sunni, at-Tabarani, ibn Hibban - Sahih]

TongueWhen you lie down in your bed, recite ayat al-Kursi, Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists� [al-Baraqah 2:255] until the end of the ayah, then you will have a protector from Allah and no shaytan (devil) will come near you until morning comes.
[Sahih al-Bukhari]

."It is reported by way of Abu Hurairah (radiAllahu anhu) that someone used to come upon him and take from the charity � which the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) had made him guardian over � night after night, so on the third night, he said: "I will report you to the Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam), the man said: 'Let me teach you some phrases with which Allah will cause you benefit� � they were very eager for good � so he said: 'When you go to sleep, read Ayat al-kursi (Verse 255 of Surah Al-Baqarah) completely, for there is still upon you from Allah a guardian, and no shaitan can get close to you until you enter upon morning.' Then he (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said: "He told you the truth and he is a liar, (that was a shaitan).
[Sahih Al-Bukhari]

-------------

Date Posted: 04 December 2009 at 8:15am
JazakAllah Khair for sharing with us the virtues of this awesome Ayah. Bro Fais, was correct in saying you were talking about Ayat-ul-Kursi.

This ayah eloquently summarizes the attributes of our Creator.

According to Sis Hopes instructions, I did some Home-Work... [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="middle" />

I think Ayatul Kursi illustrates how the Islamic concept of a God is so unique and different from that of other religions... for example, when I read
"And He feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them"
it reminded me of the verse in the Testament that says that God created the world in 6 days, and then rested on the 7th - known as Sabbath, nauzubillah - whereas the Islamic concept is that Allah does not need to rest, for He feels no fatigue.

Another part I thought was important is:
Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His permission?

I think this Ayah is a good reminder to those of us who believe that ordinary human beings like Pirs, Imams, "Saints" and "Pious People" will intercede for us after Qiyamah. Even Prophet Muhammad will require Allah's permission to intercede on behalf of his ummah. Hadith:

"I will stand under the Throne and fall in prostration, and Allah will allow me to remain in that position as much as He wills. I will thereafter be told, "Raise your head, speak and you will be heard, intercede and your intercession will be accepted". The Prophet then said, "He will allow me a proportion whom I will enter into Paradise." Sahih Muslim 1:180

Other similar verses of the Qur'an where Allah talks about intercession:

Surah An-Najm Ayah 26: And there are many angels in the heavens, whose intercession will avail nothing except after Allah has given leave for whom He wills and is pleased with.     

Surah Al-Anbiya Ayah 28: They cannot intercede except for him with whom He is pleased

Regarding the explanation of "Kursi", that Sis Hopes already explained to us:

Al-Hakim recorded this Hadith in his Mustadrak (Al-Hakim 2:282) from Ibn Abbas who did not relate it to the . Al-Hakim said, "It is Sahih according to the criteria of the Two Sahihs, and they (Al-Bukhari and Muslim) did not record it."

In addition, Ad-Dahhak said that Ibn Abbas said,

"If the seven heavens and the seven earths were flattened and laid side by side, they would add up to the size of a ring in a desert, compared to the Kursi"
    Ibn Abi Hatim 3:981

Perhaps inshAllah other members also have some input on some parts of this Ayah, and what is their understanding...

-------------

Date Posted: 04 December 2009 at 10:11am

Well done! Mashallah sister Chrysalis,

The hadith part is new information for me. I just wondered when I search the net I found that many websites translated the word Kursi as the throne (Arish), while I knew they are not the same.

Something very famous and strong about this aya is that the devils can not bear it. It is shown from the story of Abu Hurairah in Hadith and from the hadith that deviles never reach you when you recite it at night before you sleep. And it is also a great cure for black magic and the magic eye.

ok.. let me add this which is amazing.  From many stories of people who saw devils, they say this part of this aya:  wa la ya'uduhu hifdhuhuma. and He is never weary of preserving them. has something special they feel it when they see the reaction of the wicked souls. They can not handle the whole aya. They really run away.
  My grandmother was very old, may Allah rest her soul in peace, told dad this story that happened to her. She told him that she saw a wicked soul in a frightening scene. She did not run away, but she settled and started to recite Quraan. That thing kept on reading with her and told her that he knows Quraan as well. Then she said, she started reciting aya Kursi, that was not easy for him. He started to be keep away, especially when she reached this part. Then he left.

Another story I read in  a book, a man wanted to rent a house and they told him that there was a wicked devil who bothered everyone went there.
He was so tired that he agreed. At night he recited aya Kuris and nothing touched him. When he woke up he heard a voice telling him that he burned a wicked souls with this aya.Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 04 December 2009 at 6:45pm
As Salamu Alaikum wa rahmatullah

Good discussion, sisters.

By the way, liked your flower. Keep blooming and spreading the fragnance of your knowledge.

This hadith is a reminder for me.

�The deeds most loved by Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�aala (are those) done regularly, even if they are small.�

Now, what next :

-------------

Date Posted: 04 December 2009 at 9:46pm
Salam,

jazaa kalla o khair sisters,the post were very informative,

The information already existed but its all about taking the initiative and the person who initiate are rewarded for all those who tag along,and sister hopes has taken the lead here.

nice to read the scarry stories at the endWink

Regards

Date Posted: 05 December 2009 at 10:39am

Thanks brother Fais,

Just want to say no one here is the leader who  leades others. We, SISTERS, learn from each other and help each other.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 December 2009 at 11:37am

As Salamu Alaikum wa rahmatullah

Good discussion, sisters.

By the way, liked your flower. Keep blooming and spreading the fragnance of your knowledge.

I hope I am as you said.Embarrassed The sweet sees everything sweet. I will keep this flower just for you, inshallah. I can do nothing without Allah supports then He sends you.
This hadith is a reminder for me.

�The deeds most loved by Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�aala (are those) done regularly, even if they are small.�

That is really TRUE specially for our lessons case. May Allah accept. Heart

Now, what next :

I think we should wait for the other sisters for around a week. I know they are busy and pray to see their light her soon.

Asslamu Alaikum

BTW do you know that Asslamu Alaikum is Sunnah even when you want to leave!! Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 05 December 2009 at 9:04pm
Salam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wabarakatuhu to all,

To sister FOH,

I did not mean to praise any one hear i just wanted to bring to the notice that in islam or any fase of life taking initiative is very fruitful,

just an example,

when mohammed s.a.w said there will be such people who will try to run in the paradise  stealthily  thinking that angels are not watching them(Allah knows everything they are doing) on this one shahaba i dont know his name but definitely he is from the ten sahaba whome Mohammed s.a.w gave basharat for janna,so this sahaba stood and said 'O allah's messenger i wanna be one of those so s.a.w granted him,second sahaba gotup and said even i wanna be one of those people, mohammed s.a.w said no it was for the first person only.so the one who initiate gets the benefit.

hope this answers and helps.

Regards

Date Posted: 08 December 2009 at 5:44am

Where are our sisters?Cry Please come here!! Do not give up.

http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNman000">Come%20Back

I know you all want to do everything to please Allah. This will benefit every one who might pass by here. I do not want any  thanks, I just need your feed back and your hand with me. Please, add to this. Add what I do not know and benefit us. Remind us of any aya  or hadith you know. Let us live in paradise for minutes.

http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNman000">Flower

-------------

Date Posted: 08 December 2009 at 11:20pm
JazakAllah Khair for continuing to motivate and remind the students here Sister Hope.

I left the other Ayahs so other sisters could add their comments or explanation. Perhaps the other sisters are busy these days. So I shall add more to keep the lesson going...

Anyway: (Continued)

One can also say that Ayat-ul-Kursi can be used as a "litmus test" for anyone who claims another "god" apart from Allah. The verses show us the essential attributes that a "God" should have. So if for example, somebody claims that a Prophet or man can be a God (nauzubillah) - they should look at these verses and compare. So we can form a "criteria" for a God on the base of this verse.

Criteria for a God:

1. Should be " Ever Living" ,  " One Who sustains and protects all that exists"
2. Neither slumber nor sleep should overtakes Him
3. To Him should belong whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth
4. He should know what happens to them (His creatures) in this world, and what will happen to them in the Hereafter. (i.e. He should have complete knowledge of everything)
5. He should feel no fatigue in guarding and preserving them.
6. He should be the Most High, the Most Great (i.e. nothing or noone should be/can be better than Him.

If that so-called "god" cannot fulfill the above criteria, how can he/she/it be considered a God? (Referring to all the other gods that people claim are Divine and worship them e.g. Jesus, Statues, Animals, Sun/Moon, etc)

Other points that we come across in Tafsir of Ibn Kathir:

1. Neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him:

means, no shortcoming, unawareness or ignorance ever touches Allah. Rather, He is aware of, and controls what every soul earns, has perfect watch over everything, nothing escapes His knowledge, and no secret matter is secret to Him. Among His perfect attributes, is the fact that He is never effected by slumber or sleep. 

Hadith on same subject:

The Messenger of Allah delivered a speech regarding four words:
"Allah does not sleep, and it does not befit His majesty that He sleeps. He lowers the scales and raises them. The deeds of the day are resurrected in front of Him before the deeds before the deeds of the night, and the deeds of the night before the deeds of day. His Veil is light, or fire, and if He removes it, the rays from His Face would burn whatever His sight reaches of His creation." Sahih Muslim 1:161

2. To him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth:

indicated that everyone is a servant for Allah, a part of his kingdom and under His power and authority.

Other verses in Holy Qur'an that say the same thing:

Surah Maryam Ayah's 93-95:

There is none in the heavens and the earth but comes unto the Most Gracious (Allah) as a servant. Verily, He knows each one of them, and has counted them a full counting. And everyone of them will come to Him alone on the Day of Resurrection (without any Helper, or protector or defender).

3. Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His permission?

these Ayat assert Allah's Greatness, Pride, and Grace, and that no one dares to intercede with Him on behalf of anyone else, except by His permission. Indeed, the Hadith about the intercession, states that the Prophet  said:

"I will stand under the Throne and fall in prostration, and Allah will allow me to remain in that position as much as He wills. I will thereafter be told, "Raise your head, speak and you will be heard, intercede and your intercession will be accepted". The Prophet  then said, "He will allow me a proportion whom I will enter into Paradise."
Sahih Muslim 1:180

Allah says the same thing in other verses of the Qur'an:

And there are many angels in the heavens, whose intercession will avail nothing except after Allah has given leave for whom He wills and is pleased with. - Surah An-Najm Ayah 26

They cannot intercede except for him with whome He is pleased
Surah Al-Anbiya Ayah 28

4. He knows what happens to them (His creatures) in this world, and what will happen to them in the Hereafter

Allah gives a similar View in another verse of the Qur'an:

And we (angels) descend not except by the command of your Lord (O Muhammad ). to Him belongs what is before us and what is behind us, and what is between those two; and your Lord is never forgetful
Surah Maryam Ayah 64

5. And they will never compass anything of His Knowledge except that which He wills

asserts the fact that no one attains any part of Allah's knowledge except what Allah conveys and allows. this part of the Ayah indicates that no one ever acquires knowledge of Allah and in His Attributes, except what He conveys to them. For instance Allah said,

But they will never compass anything of His knowledge
Surah Ta-Ha Ayah 110

6. And he is the Most High, the Most Great

is similar to another verse in the Qur'an where Allah says:

the Most Great, the Most High
Surah Ar-Rad Ayah 9

PS: Explanations were taken from Ibn Kathir. http://www.muslimaccess.com/quraan/tafseer/Ayat%20Al-Kursi.htm

-------------

Date Posted: 09 December 2009 at 8:05am

Asslmau Alaikum

Masha' Allah, may Allah reward you sister Chrysails, how about giving us some short easy homework? lol, I am running away form my homework. You see, easy and short. Well, here I will do it, insha' Allah.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 December 2009 at 9:38pm
Assalam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barka tu hu to all who read this.

Few things i learnt in the islamic class would luv to share here.

1-we should learn the islamic date and try to practise in our daily life,if we luv mohammed s.a.w we should luv his date too,i know its hard for people living in non muslim countries but  we can atleast start with some non official diaries which we maitain for ourselves.

2- while doing wudu we can do all the acts 3 times 3 times 3 times 2 times 2 times 2 times or 1 times 1 times 1 times

and also some act 1 time some act 2 and sum 3 times note maximum should be 3 times.

if do this instead of following the routine 3 times allah will bless you more with more hasanath insha allah.

Hope we all muslims become the carbon copy of our Profet Mohammed S.A.W

May this helps.
do remeber me in your duas

Regards
Faisal

Posted By: jr235
Date Posted: 18 December 2009 at 7:20pm
I don't have anything to add except that this is a very interesting thread. I've enjoyed reading it, but will go back and read other parts.

Date Posted: 19 December 2009 at 4:33am
Originally posted by jr235 jr235 wrote:

I don't have anything to add except that this is a very interesting thread. I've enjoyed reading it, but will go back and read other parts.

Oh, sister Jr235,Heart
  you are so kind,, you made me so happy that you get the benefit from this. Please feel free to ask about anything or add your comments about anything.Wink

I ma so happy that you joined us.. and was a bit worried Confused that you may need more time to join the private issues forum.. I am so happy that you got there.Big%20smile
I am a bit busy now, but soon, inshallah, I will reply to your post cause I really love it.
Star

-------------

Posted By: saima100
Date Posted: 20 December 2009 at 12:13pm
I found this interesting.It is a bit difficult to understand and if moderator does not find this link apporopriate it can be deleted.

http://muslim-canada.org/sufi/ghach2.html
May Allah give us the understanding of all he has shown us.Amen.

Date Posted: 25 December 2009 at 6:15pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Sister FOH, alhamdullilah, we are in Qur'an memorization project. Am i negliegent in any of your threads ? Do let me know, so that i cover that too.

What about this thread, whats the next discussion ?
Did you finish your exams ?

-------------

Date Posted: 26 December 2009 at 5:38am

Asslamu Aaikum

Jazaki Allah Kharin, sister Seekshidayath, you and sister Chysalis have taught me a lot and made me like this forum and come again and again. You have been doing a great job that Allah will reward you for, inshallah. May Allah protect you and accept from you.

OK!! my job on the IC will be just on three threats here, inshallah:

1- I did not forget the sisters plan and will never stop, inshallah, even if I have to continue alone. If me, you and sister Chrysalis keep ebing together o this will are enoiugh for forming a circle for dhikr and getting the rewards. I would love it if other sisters join us, but if not, we have to keep walking!!
 2- For brother Jihad Quraan project yeah, I am with you and will add to it as how Allah helps me.
 3- For your threat of questions that I love. They make me search for answers and work hard.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 December 2009 at 5:48am

As for the our plan for studying Quraan and Sunnah, I had a conversation with one of the knowledgeable Muslims about the methodology of daw'a and she told me very good things to know. She said we have to start with Tawheed as it was the beginning of all the messengers peace be upon them, message. They made sure of Tawheed then move to the next step.
 I think we all need to know more about tawheed and strengthen it in our hearts. So I decided to stick to tawheed for some time until, we feel sure  we studied enough about the issue. So aya, hadith and 99 names all focused on taweeh.
 What do other sisters think? I will visit the bookstore to buy more tawheed books for our plan. This twahed will lighten our hearts and be a strong base for all the other branches of knowledge and good deeds.
 What do the other sisters think? What do sister Seekshidayathand Chrsalis think?

-------------

Posted By: islamic_talibah
Date Posted: 26 December 2009 at 5:56am
Assalamualaikum!!!
All of my sisters are doing great here!!MASHALLAH!!!..........
Dear Full of HOPES,m so sorry 4 not logging in muchUnhappy....u know becoming a Dental Surgeon is not an easy job....n u c my university hours r so hectic dat i becum 2 worked up 2 switch my pc on....m sorry once again...n i really enjoy reading ur txt....

Jazakallah...
ur sister in islam

Date Posted: 26 December 2009 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by islamic_talibah islamic_talibah wrote:

Assalamualaikum!!!
Dear Full of HOPES,m so sorry 4 not logging in muchUnhappy....u know becoming a Dental Surgeon is not an easy job....n u c my university hours r so hectic dat i becum 2 worked up 2 switch my pc on....m sorry once again...n i really enjoy reading ur txt....

Jazakallah...
ur sister in islam

Asslmau Alaikum

OH!! dear I understand!! I am soooooooo happy to see you gain. I was worried that you left. I am so happy to hear about your university. Do not worry, I know you are busy.. come any free time and have a look. The regular deeds are the most loved by Allah even of they are small. Alahmdulillah, for everything and for seeing you again.
Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 26 December 2009 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by saima100 saima100 wrote:

I found this interesting.It is a bit difficult to understand and if moderator does not find this link apporopriate it can be deleted.

http://muslim-canada.org/sufi/ghach2.html
May Allah give us the understanding of all he has shown us.Amen.

Jazkai Allah Khairn, share us everything good and useful. I had a look and read part of this article. I was busy but will have plenty of time tomorrow inshallah, I think it is a good article.
  If not we will not delete it, we will correct it and learn from it together, inshallah.Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 27 December 2009 at 7:03am

So I decided to stick to tawheed for some time until, we feel sure  we studied enough about the issue. So aya, hadith and 99 names all focused on taweeh.
 What do other sisters think? I will visit the bookstore to buy more tawheed books for our plan. This twahed will lighten our hearts and be a strong base for all the other branches of knowledge and good deeds.
 What do the other sisters think? What do sister Seekshidayathand Chrsalis think?

As'sallamualaikum Sis, Smile

I think it is a good idea. Starting from basics i.e. Tawheed will make this thread more organised and and easier to manage. Also, then we will cover aspects better i.e. post info only on Tawheed and then move on. . . so consider this my vote !

I don't mind whatever you choose for us to do . . . it is all beneficial and rewardworthy. inshAllah. Smile. May Allah bless you for taking the initiative.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 December 2009 at 7:08am
Originally posted by islamic_talibah islamic_talibah wrote:

Assalamualaikum!!!

Jazakallah...
ur sister in islam

Wa'alaikum salaam Sis Talibah,

Welcome to the Hope's Thread of Qur'aan & Sunnah ! Big%20smile Just wanted to say that we would love your contribution - and don't worry about logging in each day or something, go at your pace. You can join us whenever you have time - at your own ease. Smile

See you around Sis.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 December 2009 at 5:31pm
As Salamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Asslamu Aaikum 

For your threat of questions that I love. 

My questions are threat to you sis Tongue.

As  Sis Chryallis, said, its good to start with concept of tawheed. Generally, we are taught to start in this order - Tawheed, Risalat, and aakhirah.

Insha Allah, our other sisters {Saima, Talibah and others } when share their posts as well, shall add  knowledge with their sharings.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 December 2009 at 5:38pm

In the name of Allah , The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.

We shall with Tawheed. Though, we did discuss this few days ago, which was shared by Sis FOH while we were in sharing tafseers of Surah Ikhlaas --.

Here's short sharing from a site - Why Muhammad.com. Before pasting that would like to add that, TAWHEED was the message of all the messengers of Allah swt, right from Adam alai salam to final Prophet - Muhammad {sallal lahu alayhi wasallam}. New term i learnt from the sharing below is, tawheed al-ithebaa

Tawheed (montheism)

The term is derived from the three consonants root w-h-d, which serves as the vehicle for the basic concept of �oneness,� or �unity,� along with the closely related ideas of �singularity� and �uniqueness.� These root letters are clearly apparent in the numerical adjective wahid [one]. In the words of the Qur`an:

{Your God is surely One}. 
[Quran 37: 4] inna Ilaaha-kum-la-Wahid

The term Tawheed demands a lengthier translation, namely: �the realization-and-affirmation-of-Oneness. The Unity of God, the Divine Unity, Unity in its most profound sense. Allah is The Real, The Absolute. Allah is One in His Essence, His Attributes and His Acts. Before the existence of the universe there was nothing but The Creator.

The Qur`an declares that {Nothing is like Him} [42:11]. Allah is omniscient and all-powerful. All of Allah�s attributes belong to Him exclusively. He is the first and there is no last but His oneness. He is the First without anything before Him. He is the Last without anything after Him. The end is with Him alone, and He is the End. He is All-Existing: with him there is no end. Allah is now as He was before. He is Eternal.

Tawheed can be viewed from the perspectives of:

Tawheed al-Rububiyah � Unity of  Lordship 

Tawheed al- Uluhiyah � Unity of Worship 

Tawheed al- Asma wa Sifaat � Unity of His Names and His Attributes 

Tawheed al Itabaa � Unity in the following the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him 

Tawheed undoubtedly is the central theme and message of the Qur`an, the Book of Allah and it is repeated in many other verses.

The Arabs in Mecca and later the Jews in Medina inquired from Allah�s Rasul (SAW), who is Allah? Allah revealed in Surah Ikhlas [Quran 112: 1-4] as follows:

In the name Of Allah, The most Gracious, The Most Merciful.

{Say, Allah is One, Allah The Everlasting, The Eternal, He has not given birth and was not born, And no one is comparable to Him}

In another verse, Surah (chapter) 24:35, an image of spiritual discernment of Allah is mentioned,

{Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth���.. Light upon Light! And Allah guides to His Light whom He will}.

These verses confirm the Unitary belief, which is the mainspring of Islam and the core of The Qur`an.

Further, only in total acquiescence in Allah�s good pleasure, renunciation of one�s own will, and surrender to His will and guidance is Tawheed made perfect. Allah�s absolute unity is the beginning and the end of the spiritual life for Muslims.

The Unity of Allah is a magnificent and a beautiful concept, and Muslims reaffirm their adherence to it many times a day. To acknowledge the fact of the �affirmation-of-Oneness� renew your faith by frequent invocation of �La ilaha illa llah� [there is non worthy of worship accept Allah] will be the means to eradicate Shirk [polytheism].

It is a powerful and effective concept for focusing and organising one�s worldview and epitomising a religious and psychological orientation and authentically expressive of an important facet of the spirit of Islam.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 December 2009 at 8:47am

Assalamualaikum warehmatullah....

My dear seekshidayahSmile...ur article on tawheed is really informative Mashallah.....

Well about SURAH IKHLAAS...i wont b wrong if i say its the touchstone of theology.

It is called so because it provides the best explanation and the most perfect criteria to "identify" or "describe" the TRUE RULER of this world...

This surah basically provides us with five characteristic features of the ONE who really deserves to b the ULTIMATE RULER....

As the SURAH says(mentioned in seekshidayah's article)

{Say, Allah is One, Allah The Everlasting, The Eternal, He has not given birth and was not born, And no one is comparable to Him}

A deep analysis of this surah reveals very fascinating facts...

1.ONENESS

This is the most salient of all the characters that the one who deserves to be the ULTIMATE must be ONE��that is,�we observe in this world that Allah has created couples of everything which exist in this world�..day and night,winter and summer,man and woman etc etc�in short everything has its partner or a counterpart�.even when we observe the one of many species around the world for example we, the Homo sapiens , we see that there are so many like ourselves around�..all those who are like us and not unique�not different��

But for the ULTIMATE it is obligatory to be unique�..belonging to no species, race or family�..instead HE is THE ONE AND ONLY ONE...........with no one similar to HIM.

2.INVINCIBLE

Second very important quality of GOD is that He must be EVERLASTING......never having the fear of death or mortality�.death is alien to Him�.He is ever-living, everlasting and immortal.Death is a common fear to ALL that exist�.so if the RULER of this world himself is afraid of death how can he be distinguished from the common and respected of all????

3.HE BEGETS NOT

Begetting or sexual intercourse is an animals� character and it�s the animals who are weak enough to control their desires�.who depend on the process of reproduction for survival in this world�.and GOD is the one who does not need off-springs for the strength of his RULE�..He doesn�t have any weak and adulterating desires which may be a cause of disrespect to Him�..GOD never loses to which humans and animals lose.

4.HE IS NOT BEGOTTEN

Its against His grandeur and purity to be   �born����.to be �produced� by a process which by itself is disrespectful to Him and His attributes.

5.INCOMPARABLE

Last but not the least�.He is the ONE who has no counterparts�..no one with equal power or even �comparable� power and grandeur���.He is the HIGHEST OF ALL,STRONGEST OF ALL & RESPECTED OF ALL.

In the end I would like to say that if we consider the different �gods� being followed around the world�we realize that they don�t fulfill all the �requirements� of being the ULTIMATE according to this simple �definition� of GOD�..Some worship fire�the others go for Jesus Christ & then there�s an endless list of �gods� being believed in�.

It is ONLY and ONLY ALLAH SUBHANA WATA�ALAH  who is a �complete� and �correct� explanation of GOD�no other �god� has reached this perfection..and will never do�

Praise be to the ONE most HIGH�..ALLAH�

Wasalaam..Smile

ur sister in islam..

Date Posted: 28 December 2009 at 9:25pm

Salam siter taliba,

This was amazing,i never knew a small sura can be explained in such a beautiful way and has endless topics to discuss,jaza kallhu khair for this information.

as mentioned by other sisters to learn deen it is good to start with taheed then fiqh and then hadith.

may this helps.

Regards

Date Posted: 29 December 2009 at 8:55am
As Salamu Alaikum

JazakiAllahu khayr sis Islamic Talibah for the sharing. Truly, Surah Ikhlaas is touchstone of theology.

Few more notes i hold on Tawheed :

We have to know who Allah (subhanahu wa ta�ala) is if we want to put our trust in Him.

We have to know or recognize Him as our Lord and know His names and attributes.

We have to maintain the oneness of Allah (subhanahu wa ta�ala) in our lives. The scholars first classified this Tawheed in two, and then later, three categories: {they are explained a bit}

1. Tawheed in Allah�s Lordship � Ar-Rububiyah: Allah (subhanahu wa ta�ala) is the only One who created us and He plans, provides, maintains and sustains the entire creation.

2. Tawheed in Allah�s names and attributes � Asmaa was Sifaat: Allah (subhanahu wa ta�ala) is One in his names and attributes and there is nothing like Him. For example, Allah has hands, but they are nothing like our hands. Some of His names include al-Wakeel (the Disposer of affairs, the One who is relied upon); Al-Qadir (the All-Powerful, the Able); and Al-Qayuum (the Sustainer).

3. Tawheed in our servitude to Allah (subhanahu wa ta�ala) � Al-Uloohiyyah: Once we recognize who Allah (subhanahu wa ta�ala) is, then our objective should be to worship and serve Him alone.

People who don�t believe in Allah (subhanahu wa ta�ala) as their Lord, or who don�t believe in all of His names and attributes cannot do Tawakkul because they do not know who Allah is. The scholars say that �whoever wants to embark in the world of Tawakkul, the first step is to know Allah (subhanahu wa ta�ala).

-------------

Date Posted: 29 December 2009 at 9:04am
Few more pointers reg Tawheed {these are practical}

Your heart is to be firmly grounded in Tawheed.

No matter what you do, it is sincerely for the sake of Allah (subhanahu wa ta�ala).
Allah (subhanahu wa ta�ala) is most important in your life.

For, believers are those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a tremor in their hearts, and when they hear His signs rehearsed, find their faith strengthened, and put (all) their trust in their Lord. (8:2)

The believers feel a tremor because of fear for whether or not they are sincere in their actions.

Say: �Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds: (6:162)

Everything is dedicated only to Allah (subhanahu wa ta�ala).

The higher the degree of purity of sincerity, the more enriching the Tawakkul will be and your heart will not be affected by whether or not you have the means.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 December 2009 at 9:37am
Assalamualaikum warehmatullah....

like i said before......dear SH u r surely very informative...Mashallah..

Brother in Islam..Fais....Jazakallah...i only wrote wat i knew...as all of us must do...share all the knowledge v have wid our brothers n sisters as instructed, practiced and liked by our beloved Holy Prophet(SAW)
i hope my small contribution helped everyone...Wasalaam...

islamic_talibah..

Date Posted: 31 December 2009 at 3:20am

Asslamu Alaikum

Hey!! Jazakum Allah Kharin.. this is VERY rewarding and useful, msahllah!! I will add more soon. I have read all of it and Allah Akbar!! Subhanallah!!

I just want to add this comment that Allah has NO SON, NOR WIFE. Some of the ignorant said: if you say Allah has all the qualities of being COMPLETE, then he must have a son. Because in our world if a man has a son this makes him stronger than the man who has no son. In fact, if you just try to focus and make this mind work, you will see that they were just trying to please the shytan. Because even in the human world, the man needs the son, to take his name, to add to his happiness, to help him when he become elder, BUT ALLAH, is needless. He does not NEED anything. IN Quraan again and again, Allah STATES HE IS THE ONE, NO SON NOR WIFE. And those who says this are to the hell because they followed their false scholars and did not let their minds work and look for the truth.

- You add to me the taweeh itiba' and I really love that..Smile This means if the someone believes he is a scholar but said something not in Quarran nor in Sunnah, we DO NOT believe him.Wink

- Just one question: the word eternal mean: continuing for ever and having no end. This is true about Allah. But in Sura Ikhlass, I have listen to the explanation of this suaa from more than one source. The word,  Assamd has two meaning: 1- he doesn't eat, drink.
2- one whom all depend and seek refuge in duaa.
 I was so puzzled when I found on many websites, this transnation. Are you two sure of those website???? Or is there another meaning for the same word??? I do not think this word Assamad, has equivalent in English.  Please help on this.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2010 at 1:18am

What is Tawheed?

The principle of Tawheed is the fundamental principle of Islam on which all other principles, rules and pillars are based. The aspect of Tawheed emanates from the Shahada "There is no deity worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammad is His servant and Messenger". It is this declaration that forms the dividing line between Iman (belief) and Kufr (disbelief).

The linguistic definition of Tawheed 
It means unification and is derived from the Arabic verb �Wahhada� (which means to unite, join, combine or consolidate).

The Shari�ah definition of Tawheed
"To submit or to confess the Lordship of Allah and to purify Allah�s names, attributes and any deed of creation and not to associate anything with Him." 

Tawheed is the realisation of Allah (SWT) in all actions, verbal and physical. The essentials of which if negated or denied, leads to disbelief. Scholars past and present differ on the exact divisions of this term and it has thus been divided into many divisions. However, it is usual to find Tawheed classified in the following way.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 January 2010 at 1:35pm

Homework:

Please do this homework: You will take one point for every correct answer:

1- What is due to Allah from His creatures, and what is due to them?'

To Allah from us: .......................................
To us from Allah: ......................................

2- Why did not the prophet peace be upon him want Mu'ath ibn Jabal tell others of this hadith?
..................................................................................................

3- What is the religion of all the prophets? Explain.
..........................................................................................

4- What is the first verse of the unequivocal verses of Surah al-Isra about?
..........................................................................................

5- What showed you the modesty of prophet Muhammad peace be upon him?

Embarrassed: If you are interested in this and want to know more and faster, please visit: http://1fatanalheri1.iboards.us/viewtopic.php?t=287">http://1fatanalheri1.iboards.us/viewtopic.php?t=287 Big%20smile

-------------

Date Posted: 06 February 2010 at 2:07pm

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
اللهم صلى على نبينا محمد و على آله و صحبه و سلم

ok, dear sisters, NO ONE tried to answer just one question!!!Shocked

Should I do like my sister .... She writes on the hand or the shirt of the the girl who does not do any homework, the word LAZY....

Let me give you one week.. ok? Then I will send it in PMs... ok.. pretty ladies,, this is the name I say to my sisters all the time.. fine, pretty ladies..Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 06 February 2010 at 10:04pm

Salam,

this is the first page of my tawheed book from my islamic class.

La ilaha illallah (none has the right to be worshiped but allah)this is the first confession of a muslim.

The conditions of La ilaha illallah  and its meaning:

La ilaha illallah is the key to paradise,but every key should have teeth by which it opens or it not be usefull.

1) Knowing its meaning:which is the negation of worship except to allah,then confirming it only to him

Allah said :fa3 lamu annahu La ilaha illallah (meaning- know,therefore,none has the the right to be wroshiped but allah,and ask forgiveness for your fault,and for the men and women who believed)This means that there is no truly worshipped god in earth so is in heaven except allah.

And profet s.a.w said:man mataa wahu ya3 lam anh-meaning-whoever dies while he knows that there is no true god worthier to be worshipped but allah shall enter the paradise.

I will the next which is certainty in my next post
hope this helps.

Date Posted: 13 February 2010 at 4:35pm

Yeah, barak Allah Feek brother Fais, This is so useful. May Allah reward you..Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 13 February 2010 at 5:06pm

Homework:

Please do this homework: You will take one point for every correct answer:

1- What is due to Allah from His creatures, and what is due to them?'

To Allah from us:
We must worship Him ONLY, and believe He is the ONLY ONE GOD
To us from Allah:
Allah will not punish who worships no God but Him

2- Why did not the prophet peace be upon him want Mu'ath ibn Jabal tell others of this hadith?

Because some people will stop doing good deeds and say we believe there is No God but Allah so Allah will not punish us for our sins.

3- What is the religion of all the prophets? Explain.

There is No God but Allah

4- What is the first verse of the unequivocal verses of Surah al-Isra about?

It says, worship Allah ONLY and worship NO ONE with him

5- What showed you the modesty of prophet Muhammad peace be upon him?
The Prophet's peace be upon him modesty is in mounting a donkey with a second rider.

Embarrassed: If you are interested in this and want to know more and faster, please visit: http://1fatanalheri1.iboards.us/viewtopic.php?t=287">http://1fatanalheri1.iboards.us/viewtopic.php?t=287 Big%20smile

-------------

Date Posted: 13 February 2010 at 9:12pm

The Certainty: Which negates doubt; this could be only achieved by having a certain heart, which never doubts in it.

Allah said:innamal mu-minoona alladina aamanu billahi wa rasoolihi thumma lam yartabu.(Only those are the believers who have believed in allah and his messenger and have never since doubted in it)

Profet s.a.w : said Ash hadallailaha illallah:meaning �any slave who meets with Allah,bearing witness that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah,and that I am his messenger, without entertaining any doubt about these two fundamentals will not be banished from entering paradise.

Date Posted: 18 February 2010 at 6:46am

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
اللهم صلي على نبينا محمد و على آله  وصحبه و سلم

Whoever Fulfilled the Requirements of Tawheed Will Enter Paradise Without a Reckoning

Allah , says:

" Verily, Ibrahim was an Ummah [a leader, good and righteous] obedient to Allah, Haneefan [worshipping none but Allah], and he was not one of the polytheists" (Qur'an 16:120)

Allah , informs us in this verse that His Messenger, Ibrahim (as ) was a leader in religion, a teacher of goodness, always humble and obedient to his Rabb; and that he rejected Shirk, in all its manifestations and devoted himself exclusively to the worship of Allah , Alone, without falling into Shirk, either in word, deed or belief.

Benefits Derived From This Verse:

1. That Tawheed is the basis of all religion.

2. The obligation to follow Ibrahim, by sincerely worshipping Allah, Alone.

3. It is an obligation upon the daa'iyah1 to set a good example to the people in all that he does.

4. The unchanging nature of true worship as exemplified by the Prophets.

5. Tawheed is not acceptable without rejections of Shirk.

6. Rejection of the claim of Quraish in the days of ignorance that in practising their Shirk, they were following the religion of Ibrahim.

Relevance of This Verse to the Subject of Tawheed

That the verse proves that whoever exemplified these four attributes, has earned the right to Paradise, as did Ibrahim (as ), without reckoning or punishment.

..ooOOoo..

Allah , says:

" And those who live in awe for fear of their Rabb; And those who believe in the Signs of their Rabb, And those who join not anyone [in worship] as partners with their Rabb; And those who give that which they give [i.e. charity] with their hearts full of fear [whether their charity has been accepted or not], because they are sure to return to their Rabb" (Qur'an 23:57-60)

In these verses, Allah , describes the Believers by four of their attributes for which they deserve praise and commendation: They fear the punishment of their Rabb, they believe in the revealed Signs of Allah and His natural Signs (the planets, the stars, the seasons, the animals, the birds, the plants etc.) which prove the existence of Him and the truth of the Message of Muhammad ; and they are guided by these Signs and do not associate partners with Allah , either openly, or secretly; and because of their strong faith, they fear that Allah will not accept their charity and good deeds; and Allah Testifies to their mutual rivalry in performing virtuous deeds, and He Informs us that they precede others in doing so.

The Benefits Derived From These Verses

1. The obligation to fear Allah.

2. The obligation of belief in the signs of Allah.

3. The forbiddance of Shirk in all its manifestations.

4. The concern of the Believers as to whether or not their deeds will be accepted.

5. The preferability of competing with others in the performance of good deeds.

Relevance of These Verses to the Subject of Tawheed

That the verses prove that whoever personifies these four attributes and purifies himself from Shirk which nullifies good deeds, will have the right to enter Paradise without a reckoning and without punishment because he has achieved the purest Tawheed and this is his reward.

..ooOOoo..

-------------

Date Posted: 06 June 2010 at 5:48pm

The Tafsir of Surat Al-Qari`ah (Chapter - 101)

Al-Qari`ah is one of the names of the Day of Judgement, like Al-Haqqah, At-Tammah, As-Sakhkhah, Al-Ghashiyah and other names.

Then Allah intensifies concern and fright for it by saying,

[وَمَآ أَدْرَاكَ مَا الْقَارِعَةُ ]

(And what will make you know what Al-Qari`ah is) Then He explains this by saying,

[يَوْمَ يَكُونُ النَّاسُ كَالْفَرَاشِ الْمَبْثُوثِ ]

(It is a Day whereon mankind will be like moths scattered about.) meaning, in their scattering, their dividing, their coming and their going, all due to being bewildered at what is happening to them, they will be like scattered moths. This is like Allah's statement,

[كَأَنَّهُمْ جَرَادٌ مُّنتَشِرٌ]

(As if they were locusts spread abroad.) (54:7) Allah said,

[وَتَكُونُ الْجِبَالُ كَالْعِهْنِ الْمَنفُوشِ ]

(And the mountains will be like wool, carded.) meaning, they will become like carded wool that has began to wear out (fade away) and be torn apart. Mujahid, `Ikrimah, Sa`id bin Jubayr, Al-Hasan, Qatadah, `Ata' Al-Khurasani, Ad-Dahhak and As-Suddi have all said,

[كَالْعِهْنِ]

(like wool (`Ihn). ) "Woolen.'' Then Allah informs about the results received by those who performed the deeds, and the honor and disgrace they will experience based upon their deeds. He says,

[فَأَمَّا مَن ثَقُلَتْ مَوَزِينُهُ ]

(Then as for him whose Balance will be heavy.) meaning, his good deeds are more than his bad deeds.

[فَهُوَ فِى عِيشَةٍ رَّاضِيَةٍ ]

(He will live a pleasant life.) meaning, in Paradise.

[وَأَمَّا مَنْ خَفَّتْ مَوَزِينُهُ ]

(But as for him whose Balance will be light.) meaning, his bad deeds are more than his good deeds. Then Allah says,

[فَأُمُّهُ هَاوِيَةٌ ]

(His mother will be Hawiyah.) It has been said that this means he will be falling and tumbling headfirst into the fire of Hell, and the expression `his mother' has been used to refer to his brain (as it is the mother of his head). A statement similar to this has been reported from Ibn `Abbas, `Ikrimah, Abu Salih and Qatadah. Qatadah said, "He will fall into the Hellfire on his head.'' Abu Salih made a similar statement when he said, "They will fall into the Fire on their heads.'' It has also been said that it means his mother that he will return to and end up with in the Hereafter will be Hawiyah, which is one of the names of the Hellfire. Ibn Jarir said, "Al-Hawiyah is only called his mother because he will have no other abode except for it.'' Ibn Zayd said, "Al-Hawiyah is the Fire, and it will be his mother and his abode to which he will return, and where he will be settled.'' Then he recited the Ayah,

[وَمَأْوَاهُمُ النَّارُ]

(Their abode will be the Fire.) (3:151) Ibn Abi Hatim said that it has been narrated from Qatadah that he said, "It is the Fire, and it is their abode.'' Thus, Allah says in explaining the meaning of Al-Hawiyah,

[وَمَآ أَدْرَاكَ مَا هِيَهْ ]

(And what will make you know what it is). Allah's statement

[نَارٌ حَامِيَةٌ ]

(A fire Hamiyah!) meaning, extreme heat. It is a heat that is accompanied by a strong flame and fire. It is narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet said,

�نَارُ بَنِي آدَمَ الَّتِي تُوقِدُونَ، جُزْءٌ مِنْ سَبْعِينَ جُزْءًا مِنْ نَارِ جَهَنَّم�

(The fire of the Children of Adam that you all kindle is one part of the seventy parts of the fire of Hell.) They (the Companions) said, "O Messenger of Allah! Isn't it sufficient'' He replied,

�إِنَّهَا فُضِّلَتْ عَلَيْهَا بِتِسْعَةٍ وَسِتِّينَ جُزْءًا�

(It is more than it by sixty-nine times.) This has been recorded by Al-Bukhari and Muslim. In some of the wordings he stated,

�إِنَّهَا فُضِّلَتْ عَلَيْهَا بِتِسْعَةٍ وَسِتِّينَ جُزْءًا، كُلُّهُنَّ مِثْلُ حَرِّهَا�

(It is more than it by sixty-nine times, each of them is like the heat of it.) It has been narrated in a Hadith that Imam Ahmad recorded from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet said,

�إِنَّ أَهْوَنَ أَهْلِ النَّارِ عَذَابًا مَنْ لَهُ نَعْلَانِ، يَغْلِي مِنْهُمَا دِمَاغُه�

(Verily, the person who will receive the lightest torment of the people of the Hellfire will be a man who will have two sandals that will cause his brain to boil. )'' It has been confirmed in the

Two Sahihs that the Messenger of Allah said,

�اشْتَكَتِ النَّارُ إِلَى رَبِّهَا فَقَالَتْ: يَا رَبِّ أَكَلَ بَعْضِي بَعْضًا، فَأَذِنَ لَهَا بِنَفَسَيْنِ: نَفَسٍ فِي الشِّتَاءِ، وَنَفَسٍ فِي الصَّيْفِ، فَأَشَدُّ مَا تَجِدُونَ فِي الشِّتَاءِ مِنْ بَرْدِهَا، وَأَشَدُّ مَا تَجِدُونَ فِي الصَّيْفِ مِنْ حَرِّهَا�

(The Hellfire complained to its Lord and said, "O Lord! Some parts of me devour other parts of me.'' So He (Allah) permitted it to take two breaths: one breath in the winter and one breath in the summer. Thus, the most severe cold that you experience in the winter is from its cold, and the most severe heat that you experience in the summer is from its heat. ) In the Two Sahihs it is recorded that he said,

�إِذَا اشْتَدَّ الْحَرُّ فَأَبْرِدُوا عَنِ الصَّلَاةِ، فَإِنَّ شِدَّةَ الْحَرِّ مِنْ فَيْحِ جَهَنَّم�

(When the heat becomes intense pray the prayer when it cools down, for indeed the intense heat is from the breath of Hell.) This is the end of the Tafsir of Surat Al-Qari`ah, and all praise and thanks are due to Allah.

-------------

Posted By: seeja
Date Posted: 04 November 2010 at 6:44am

Bismillaahir rahmaanir raheem

I am new to this site. "Subhanullah."  I really liked this post & realized value of this to increase the knowledge in Islam.

Is the post is still active?

Am I allowed to join?

Date Posted: 17 November 2010 at 4:35am

Asslamu Alaikum dear,

Welcome to the forum and be Allah be pleased, dear sister.Smile

Yes go on and add what is good to this post but make sure it is from Quraan and Sunnah.

I may not be able to follow this post for the meantime but  hopefully I will be back active one day, in sha Allah.

Do your best here and teach us. Do not wait for others to make it active. You can always make it active again or any other Muslim, ma sha Allah.

Allah Hafiz

-------------

Date Posted: 19 November 2010 at 11:19pm

Salam Sister full of hopes

Nice to see comments from you.

Anyways eid mubaraq

Regards
Faisal

Posted By: beelah
Date Posted: 06 February 2011 at 7:05am
assalamualaikum.. i'm sorry for interupting which little bit doesnot consent with above thread. but i need help here. im taking arabic language course this semester. my lecture ask his student to compose an email in arabic and sent to anyone who can reply it in arabic too. i'm having trouble to find any arabians email who can do such. so, i try looking for anyone in this community to help me with this assignment. i need to submit the replied email by this tuesday, 8th february. please pm me as soon as possible. i already wrote the email, sent to anyone, yet never get replied. Cry. help me please...

Date Posted: 17 February 2011 at 3:09am
Originally posted by beelah beelah wrote:

assalamualaikum.. i'm sorry for interupting which little bit doesnot consent with above thread. but i need help here. im taking arabic language course this semester. my lecture ask his student to compose an email in arabic and sent to anyone who can reply it in arabic too. i'm having trouble to find any arabians email who can do such. so, i try looking for anyone in this community to help me with this assignment. i need to submit the replied email by this tuesday, 8th february. please pm me as soon as possible. i already wrote the email, sent to anyone, yet never get replied. Cry. help me please...

Oh dear forgive me for being late to help. I did not see your request until now,  and I did not receive any PM from you.
   Please if you need any help, send me a PM because that is what I receive and can see on time on my email. If you do not send a PM then I am not sure if I will see your thread on time!!Star
And, yes, WELCOME TO THE IC.Hug

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net