IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Please let us study Qura'an and Sunnah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please let us study Qura'an and Sunnah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 19>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 8:15am
JazakAllah Khair for sharing with us the virtues of this awesome Ayah. Bro Fais, was correct in saying you were talking about Ayat-ul-Kursi.

This ayah eloquently summarizes the attributes of our Creator.

According to Sis Hopes instructions, I did some Home-Work... [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="middle" />

I think Ayatul Kursi illustrates how the Islamic concept of a God is so unique and different from that of other religions... for example, when I read
"And He feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them"
it reminded me of the verse in the Testament that says that God created the world in 6 days, and then rested on the 7th - known as Sabbath, nauzubillah - whereas the Islamic concept is that Allah does not need to rest, for He feels no fatigue.

Another part I thought was important is:
Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His permission?

I think this Ayah is a good reminder to those of us who believe that ordinary human beings like Pirs, Imams, "Saints" and "Pious People" will intercede for us after Qiyamah. Even Prophet Muhammad will require Allah's permission to intercede on behalf of his ummah. Hadith:

"I will stand under the Throne and fall in prostration, and Allah will allow me to remain in that position as much as He wills. I will thereafter be told, "Raise your head, speak and you will be heard, intercede and your intercession will be accepted". The Prophet then said, "He will allow me a proportion whom I will enter into Paradise." Sahih Muslim 1:180

Other similar verses of the Qur'an where Allah talks about intercession:

Surah An-Najm Ayah 26: And there are many angels in the heavens, whose intercession will avail nothing except after Allah has given leave for whom He wills and is pleased with.     

Surah Al-Anbiya Ayah 28: They cannot intercede except for him with whom He is pleased

Regarding the explanation of "Kursi", that Sis Hopes already explained to us:

Al-Hakim recorded this Hadith in his Mustadrak (Al-Hakim 2:282) from Ibn Abbas who did not relate it to the . Al-Hakim said, "It is Sahih according to the criteria of the Two Sahihs, and they (Al-Bukhari and Muslim) did not record it."

In addition, Ad-Dahhak said that Ibn Abbas said,

"If the seven heavens and the seven earths were flattened and laid side by side, they would add up to the size of a ring in a desert, compared to the Kursi"
    Ibn Abi Hatim 3:981

Perhaps inshAllah other members also have some input on some parts of this Ayah, and what is their understanding...

Edited by Chrysalis - 04 December 2009 at 8:17am
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 10:11am

Well done! Mashallah sister Chrysalis,

The hadith part is new information for me. I just wondered when I search the net I found that many websites translated the word Kursi as the throne (Arish), while I knew they are not the same.

Something very famous and strong about this aya is that the devils can not bear it. It is shown from the story of Abu Hurairah in Hadith and from the hadith that deviles never reach you when you recite it at night before you sleep. And it is also a great cure for black magic and the magic eye.

ok.. let me add this which is amazing.  From many stories of people who saw devils, they say this part of this aya:  wa la ya'uduhu hifdhuhuma. and He is never weary of preserving them. has something special they feel it when they see the reaction of the wicked souls. They can not handle the whole aya. They really run away.
  My grandmother was very old, may Allah rest her soul in peace, told dad this story that happened to her. She told him that she saw a wicked soul in a frightening scene. She did not run away, but she settled and started to recite Quraan. That thing kept on reading with her and told her that he knows Quraan as well. Then she said, she started reciting aya Kursi, that was not easy for him. He started to be keep away, especially when she reached this part. Then he left.

Another story I read in  a book, a man wanted to rent a house and they told him that there was a wicked devil who bothered everyone went there.
He was so tired that he agreed. At night he recited aya Kuris and nothing touched him. When he woke up he heard a voice telling him that he burned a wicked souls with this aya.Wink

And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 6:45pm
As Salamu Alaikum wa rahmatullah

Good discussion, sisters.

By the way, liked your flower. Keep blooming and spreading the fragnance of your knowledge.

This hadith is a reminder for me.

�The deeds most loved by Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�aala (are those) done regularly, even if they are small.�

Now, what next :
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
fais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 9:46pm
Salam,

jazaa kalla o khair sisters,the post were very informative,

The information already existed but its all about taking the initiative and the person who initiate are rewarded for all those who tag along,and sister hopes has taken the lead here.

nice to read the scarry stories at the endWink

Regards

Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 10:39am

Thanks brother Fais,

Just want to say no one here is the leader who  leades others. We, SISTERS, learn from each other and help each other.
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 11:37am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

As Salamu Alaikum wa rahmatullah

Good discussion, sisters.

By the way, liked your flower. Keep blooming and spreading the fragnance of your knowledge.

I hope I am as you said.Embarrassed The sweet sees everything sweet. I will keep this flower just for you, inshallah. I can do nothing without Allah supports then He sends you.
This hadith is a reminder for me.

�The deeds most loved by Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�aala (are those) done regularly, even if they are small.�

That is really TRUE specially for our lessons case. May Allah accept. Heart

Now, what next :

I think we should wait for the other sisters for around a week. I know they are busy and pray to see their light her soon.

Asslamu Alaikum

BTW do you know that Asslamu Alaikum is Sunnah even when you want to leave!! Smile

Edited by Full of Hopes - 05 December 2009 at 11:43am
fais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 9:04pm
Salam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wabarakatuhu to all,

To sister FOH,

I did not mean to praise any one hear i just wanted to bring to the notice that in islam or any fase of life taking initiative is very fruitful,

just an example,

when mohammed s.a.w said there will be such people who will try to run in the paradise  stealthily  thinking that angels are not watching them(Allah knows everything they are doing) on this one shahaba i dont know his name but definitely he is from the ten sahaba whome Mohammed s.a.w gave basharat for janna,so this sahaba stood and said 'O allah's messenger i wanna be one of those so s.a.w granted him,second sahaba gotup and said even i wanna be one of those people, mohammed s.a.w said no it was for the first person only.so the one who initiate gets the benefit.

hope this answers and helps.

Regards

Edited by fais - 05 December 2009 at 10:20pm
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2009 at 5:44am

Asslamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatu Allah

Where are our sisters?Cry Please come here!! Do not give up.

Come%20Back

I know you all want to do everything to please Allah. This will benefit every one who might pass by here. I do not want any  thanks, I just need your feed back and your hand with me. Please, add to this. Add what I do not know and benefit us. Remind us of any aya  or hadith you know. Let us live in paradise for minutes.

Flower
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 19>
  Share Topic