IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Please let us study Qura'an and Sunnah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please let us study Qura'an and Sunnah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 19>
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2009 at 5:48am

As for the our plan for studying Quraan and Sunnah, I had a conversation with one of the knowledgeable Muslims about the methodology of daw'a and she told me very good things to know. She said we have to start with Tawheed as it was the beginning of all the messengers peace be upon them, message. They made sure of Tawheed then move to the next step.
 I think we all need to know more about tawheed and strengthen it in our hearts. So I decided to stick to tawheed for some time until, we feel sure  we studied enough about the issue. So aya, hadith and 99 names all focused on taweeh.
 What do other sisters think? I will visit the bookstore to buy more tawheed books for our plan. This twahed will lighten our hearts and be a strong base for all the other branches of knowledge and good deeds.
 What do the other sisters think? What do sister Seekshidayathand Chrsalis think?

Edited by Full of Hopes - 26 December 2009 at 5:51am
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
islamic_talibah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamic_talibah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2009 at 5:56am
Assalamualaikum!!!
All of my sisters are doing great here!!MASHALLAH!!!..........
Dear Full of HOPES,m so sorry 4 not logging in muchUnhappy....u know becoming a Dental Surgeon is not an easy job....n u c my university hours r so hectic dat i becum 2 worked up 2 switch my pc on....m sorry once again...n i really enjoy reading ur txt....

Jazakallah...
ur sister in islam

Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2009 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by islamic_talibah islamic_talibah wrote:

Assalamualaikum!!!
Dear Full of HOPES,m so sorry 4 not logging in muchUnhappy....u know becoming a Dental Surgeon is not an easy job....n u c my university hours r so hectic dat i becum 2 worked up 2 switch my pc on....m sorry once again...n i really enjoy reading ur txt....

Jazakallah...
ur sister in islam

Asslmau Alaikum

OH!! dear I understand!! I am soooooooo happy to see you gain. I was worried that you left. I am so happy to hear about your university. Do not worry, I know you are busy.. come any free time and have a look. The regular deeds are the most loved by Allah even of they are small. Alahmdulillah, for everything and for seeing you again.
Smile

And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2009 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by saima100 saima100 wrote:

I found this interesting.It is a bit difficult to understand and if moderator does not find this link apporopriate it can be deleted.

http://muslim-canada.org/sufi/ghach2.html
May Allah give us the understanding of all he has shown us.Amen.

Jazkai Allah Khairn, share us everything good and useful. I had a look and read part of this article. I was busy but will have plenty of time tomorrow inshallah, I think it is a good article.
  If not we will not delete it, we will correct it and learn from it together, inshallah.Wink

Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2009 at 7:03am
Originally posted by Full of Hopes Full of Hopes wrote:

So I decided to stick to tawheed for some time until, we feel sure  we studied enough about the issue. So aya, hadith and 99 names all focused on taweeh.
 What do other sisters think? I will visit the bookstore to buy more tawheed books for our plan. This twahed will lighten our hearts and be a strong base for all the other branches of knowledge and good deeds.
 What do the other sisters think? What do sister Seekshidayathand Chrsalis think?

As'sallamualaikum Sis, Smile

I think it is a good idea. Starting from basics i.e. Tawheed will make this thread more organised and and easier to manage. Also, then we will cover aspects better i.e. post info only on Tawheed and then move on. . . so consider this my vote !

I don't mind whatever you choose for us to do . . . it is all beneficial and rewardworthy. inshAllah. Smile. May Allah bless you for taking the initiative.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2009 at 7:08am
Originally posted by islamic_talibah islamic_talibah wrote:

Assalamualaikum!!!

Jazakallah...
ur sister in islam

Wa'alaikum salaam Sis Talibah,

Welcome to the Hope's Thread of Qur'aan & Sunnah ! Big%20smile Just wanted to say that we would love your contribution - and don't worry about logging in each day or something, go at your pace. You can join us whenever you have time - at your own ease. Smile

See you around Sis.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2009 at 5:31pm
As Salamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Originally posted by Full of Hopes Full of Hopes wrote:

Asslamu Aaikum 

For your threat of questions that I love. 

My questions are threat to you sis Tongue.

As  Sis Chryallis, said, its good to start with concept of tawheed. Generally, we are taught to start in this order - Tawheed, Risalat, and aakhirah.

Insha Allah, our other sisters {Saima, Talibah and others } when share their posts as well, shall add  knowledge with their sharings.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2009 at 5:38pm

In the name of Allah , The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.

We shall with Tawheed. Though, we did discuss this few days ago, which was shared by Sis FOH while we were in sharing tafseers of Surah Ikhlaas --.

Here's short sharing from a site - Why Muhammad.com. Before pasting that would like to add that, TAWHEED was the message of all the messengers of Allah swt, right from Adam alai salam to final Prophet - Muhammad {sallal lahu alayhi wasallam}. New term i learnt from the sharing below is, tawheed al-ithebaa

Tawheed (montheism)

The term is derived from the three consonants root w-h-d, which serves as the vehicle for the basic concept of �oneness,� or �unity,� along with the closely related ideas of �singularity� and �uniqueness.� These root letters are clearly apparent in the numerical adjective wahid [one]. In the words of the Qur`an:

{Your God is surely One}. 
[Quran 37: 4] inna Ilaaha-kum-la-Wahid

The term Tawheed demands a lengthier translation, namely: �the realization-and-affirmation-of-Oneness. The Unity of God, the Divine Unity, Unity in its most profound sense. Allah is The Real, The Absolute. Allah is One in His Essence, His Attributes and His Acts. Before the existence of the universe there was nothing but The Creator.

The Qur`an declares that {Nothing is like Him} [42:11]. Allah is omniscient and all-powerful. All of Allah�s attributes belong to Him exclusively. He is the first and there is no last but His oneness. He is the First without anything before Him. He is the Last without anything after Him. The end is with Him alone, and He is the End. He is All-Existing: with him there is no end. Allah is now as He was before. He is Eternal.

Tawheed can be viewed from the perspectives of:

Tawheed al-Rububiyah � Unity of  Lordship 

Tawheed al- Uluhiyah � Unity of Worship 

Tawheed al- Asma wa Sifaat � Unity of His Names and His Attributes 

Tawheed al Itabaa � Unity in the following the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him 

Tawheed undoubtedly is the central theme and message of the Qur`an, the Book of Allah and it is repeated in many other verses.

The Arabs in Mecca and later the Jews in Medina inquired from Allah�s Rasul (SAW), who is Allah? Allah revealed in Surah Ikhlas [Quran 112: 1-4] as follows:

In the name Of Allah, The most Gracious, The Most Merciful.

{Say, Allah is One, Allah The Everlasting, The Eternal, He has not given birth and was not born, And no one is comparable to Him}

In another verse, Surah (chapter) 24:35, an image of spiritual discernment of Allah is mentioned,

{Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth���.. Light upon Light! And Allah guides to His Light whom He will}.

These verses confirm the Unitary belief, which is the mainspring of Islam and the core of The Qur`an.

Further, only in total acquiescence in Allah�s good pleasure, renunciation of one�s own will, and surrender to His will and guidance is Tawheed made perfect. Allah�s absolute unity is the beginning and the end of the spiritual life for Muslims.

The Unity of Allah is a magnificent and a beautiful concept, and Muslims reaffirm their adherence to it many times a day. To acknowledge the fact of the �affirmation-of-Oneness� renew your faith by frequent invocation of �La ilaha illa llah� [there is non worthy of worship accept Allah] will be the means to eradicate Shirk [polytheism].

It is a powerful and effective concept for focusing and organising one�s worldview and epitomising a religious and psychological orientation and authentically expressive of an important facet of the spirit of Islam.

Edited by seekshidayath - 27 December 2009 at 5:42pm
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 19>
  Share Topic