IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Please let us study Qura'an and Sunnah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please let us study Qura'an and Sunnah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 19>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 12:43pm
I dont know if this is the correct place to ask this question - since it may be interrupting the flow of the thread. . . was gonna PM, but Sis Seeks encourages us to post publicly so others can also benefit Smile

After reading the post on "Niyyah" - came across the concept of Riyah. So had this question . . . suppose that you are very lazy when it comes to doing an Islamic Deed e.g Salaat. And you always miss Maghrib salaat. . . what if somebody mentions to go and pray Maghrib Salaah. . . . now -

1. On one hand you fear Riyaah - or Munaafqat - if you go and pray now, because you were actually (astaghfirullah) thinking of making it Qazza... and if u pray now, its bcz someone asked u to, and ur doing it to "show" them.

2. On the other hand, if you don't get up despite someone giving u "Da'waah" - its like you are disobeying a commandment of Allah on purpose despite a reminder . . .

So what should one do? Pray Salaat even if we had no intention, thus making it Riyaah - or ignore the Da'waah as well as make it qazaa thus double sin. And no, its not just a hypothetical question. Smile

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 5:42pm
As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah

Good Question sis,

Firstly, i shall catch you by your ear, why were you not online all these days ? You are sensible, as well bit naughty, {Allah swt knows you the best}, but i missed you alot. Let us know hereafter, if you are not going to be active for few days.

Anyways, coming to the question, Riya {show-off}, if the salah is totally intended to show-off thats Riya. By way sis,riyakari may enter, even while offering the prayers even when not asked to offer. Is n't it ?

The fear of Riya, that stops one to offer salah, when asked to do so, is purely WHISPERIMG FROM SATAN. This open enemy let's us postpond this salah, and even the qaza prayers. So at such times, just jerk those thoughts, and we are to start up seeking refuge, {even if we hold riya, that shall go away}.

Not just salah, many other good deeds, which we intend to do, {sometimes,we may need to do them openly} at such times, such thought that it may be Riya'a stops us to do that good deed. Its whispering from satan, or otherwise, what we say, nafs ki shararat. To overcome these thoughts and stand for salah, is Jihad bil nafs, and considered as the best Jihad.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 6:14am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

The fear of Riya, that stops one to offer salah, when asked to do so, is purely WHISPERIMG FROM SATAN. This open enemy let's us postpond this salah, and even the qaza prayers. So at such times, just jerk those thoughts, and we are to start up seeking refuge, {even if we hold riya, that shall go away}.

Not just salah, many other good deeds, which we intend to do, {sometimes,we may need to do them openly} at such times, such thought that it may be Riya'a stops us to do that good deed. Its whispering from satan, or otherwise, what we say, nafs ki shararat. To overcome these thoughts and stand for salah, is Jihad bil nafs, and considered as the best Jihad.

I can add nothing to this. This is my exact answer. May Allah bless sister seek and keep her for us.

May Allah keep us on the right path and be pleased on me, you and all Muslims.

And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 4:03am
JazakAllah for the responses Sis Seek & Full of Hopes, Smile

Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah

Firstly, i shall catch you by your ear, why were you not online all these days ? You are sensible, as well bit naughty, {Allah swt knows you the best}, but i missed you alot. Let us know hereafter, if you are not going to be active for few days.

Wa'alaikum Salaam wa Rahmatullah

My apologies for disappearing without notifying anyone. I had less time online because of exams and assignments. Alhamdulilah I am free now Smile. So shall be more regular inshAllah. Feel free to pull my ears, heheh, It feels good to know that a sister like you is there to keep me in check. (alhamdulilah). (It was also nice to know I was missed Embarrassed ). Next time will make sure to give in a "leave of absence" before I disappear. Smile

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 11:00am

Asslamu Alaikum

Hey sister, me too I missed you so much... May Allah keep our sisterhood and love for His sake.
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2009 at 3:29pm

Asslamu Alaikum

sisters I really need an answer for this. As we are discussing the intentions, sometimes you feel you do something for the sake of Allah, then people thank you so much for it. It makes you feel so happy sometimes. Is that fine?
   I try to fight this feeling but I blame myself for it a lot. Do you have an idea about this?

fais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 10:47pm
Salam,

all which you mentioned is called waswasa in arabi,like you do wadu shaitan will make you think that you have not done it properly,or read quran and think i have not read it properly and then stop reading finally.

so just continue the good deeds and leave it to allah,this feeling of showing and doing is called small shirk,which is as unvisible as a black ant on balck stone in a black nite.so just pray to allah that accept your prayers.

i feel no matter how much we pray,finally it will be our allahs rehma which will take us to janna,hope to see all muslims there.

so plz plz plz dont stop doing good deeds for the fear of riyah,note you will make shaitan happy if you do that,his job is to stop you from your final goal so dont let him succeed,even if you feel its riyah continue doing it to defeat shaitan,believe me sister allah will reward you with things you cuould have not imagined in your wildest fantasy.

remeber this word waswasa its a very usefull weapon of shitan,he use it to make you feel you are the perfectionist,and sister when you get this feeling of being perfectionist at that time i think you doing riyah or small shirk(this is not applicable to all but somepeople it may happen)

its very hard for me to express what i mean to say but hope i have explained properly,may allah guide all of us.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) commanded us to recite a lot of Tasbeeh ("Subhan-Allaah"),Tahmeed ("Al-hamdu Lillaah")& Takbeer ("Allaahu akbar") during these 10 days .

i like this peace of information.
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2009 at 9:41am

The Acceptance of Good Deeds
Hussain al-Awaaishah

Before a Muslim moves another step forward or performs any act or deed, he is obliged to acquire knowledge in the path that will lead him to the best end, that is, having his good deeds accepted by Allah, Allah willing.

It is important to note that what counts is not the number of good deeds or acts of worship performed, for there may be a person who performs many good deeds, yet, all what he gains is tiredness in this life and hardships in the Last Life. The Messenger said, what translated means, �There may be a Sa�im (fasting person) who only gains hunger from his Siyam (fast), and there may be a Qa�im (who stands up in prayer at night) who only gains Sahar (staying up late) from his Qiyam!� [Ibn Majah].

Rather, what truly counts is knowing and implementing the conditions that will ensure Allah�s acceptance of the performed good deeds and various acts of worship.

There are two essential conditions that must both be present in every performed good act or deed, so as to ensure their acceptance by Allah. First, a Muslim must seek Allah alone in the good deeds that he performs. Second, this good deed must be in total accordance with what Allah has legislated in His Book and what His Messenger has commanded in his Sunnah.

Whenever one of those two conditions is absent from any righteous act or deed, then this good deed or act is neither good nor accepted, for Allah said, what translated means,
�So whoever hopes for the meeting with his Lord, let him work righteousness and associate none as a partner in the worship of his Lord.�Al-Quran 18:110
In this Ayah, Allah has decreed that any good act or deed must be righteous, that is, being in accordance with His Religion, and that He alone is sought by this good act or deed.

In his Tafsir (explanation) of the Quran, ibn Kathir said, �these are the two conditions that ensure the acceptance of any righteous act: it must be performed for the sake of Allah alone and according to the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah.�

I added this to to show how intentions are important for acceptance of deeds.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 19>
  Share Topic