IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help me-I am loosing my faith  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help me-I am loosing my faith

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2009 at 5:29pm

My brother .. What you feel is from Satan " Shaitan". The prophet's fellowmen complained to him they find these questions in their hearts and he told them they have to stop thinking and say "I believe in Allah"
آمنت بالله
This the best way to stop thinking of that because the Satan sees you are a good Muslim he wants to make you back again and far from Allah.
   Allah who created your mind puts limits on it.For example, how much you imagine, you won't reach the true look of Jannah "the paradise" because our brains can't imagine something we have not seen before.

If I ask you to imagine a walking tree then you will have a tree and add foot to it. So you didn't bring something new you have not seen.
How long you think and imagine, you will never reach Allah, Subhan Allah.
I say this because here you heart has to work. You believe in Allah and you bileve he is the the first and no one was before Him and that he is the last and no one will stay after Him. He never dies..
   So seek refuge form Allah and fight those bad thoughts. Try to do more useful things for your Islam. Read Qura'an. Read an Islamic book. Stay with your friends and talk about Allah's blessings on you. I mean anything rather than thinking of useless questions.
And something important for me and you and every one; we must ask Allah all the time to keep and protect our faith in Him tell the time we pass away.

Edited by Full of Hopes - 14 August 2009 at 5:31pm
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Megatron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 10:02am
It seems to me like you're questioning the origins of God.  What possesses a being to create the universe and its inhabitants (I hope we aren't the only ones) and then expects these inhabitants to worship this God?  Nobody will ever be able to answer that.  I find it hard to understand how not comprehending this would cause you to lose faith.

If you're questioning the existence of God then that is a different matter.  What proves the existence of God?  Absolutely nothing.  There is nothing on this earth or this universe that proves that God exists.  It is something that you can only believe in your heart.  Nobody can ever help you prove that God exists except yourself.  That is something you'll have to figure out yourself.

Why don't people embrace Islam?  Islam itself recognizes people who aren't Muslim but who are pious. I know a few non-Muslims who are more likely to enter Paradise than myself.  Not every good person is Muslim...but then again a lot of them are.

Also what is a Muslim?  Somebody that follows the teaching of Muhammad? No.  A Muslim is a person that worships one God and does good deeds.  That is a Muslim.
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 4:53pm

Asslamu Alikum .. brother  
  Megatron

If I ask you do you believe me if I tell you that the table just was done without a maker?? Ok if I said the pen exists itself no company. No hands.. This is nonsense.

Then how do you believe that the huge sky, the deep see, the high mountains, the whole world just like this without a maker????

How dare you ask this silly question and answer: What proves the existence of God?

Allah is proved in everything.

Allah is proved in your blood, your soul and your mind... Allah is proved in the sining sun every morning the same time. every evening it sets the same time... Can it do that to itself. Then how is everything in the universe is in its order??? Why do you walk not fly? Why does the sun comes in the morning not at night? 100000000 and endless proofs of the GREATEST ALLAH.
   If you don't believe in Him, there must be a day you will meet Him.. and remember your proofs...

Allah mentioned in Qura'am something about the blind minds..... We don't want to be of them

"They have hearts, but they understand not with them; they have eyes, but they see not with them; they have ears but they hear not with them. They are like cattle; nay they are further astray. It is they who are the heedless." (Al-A`raf 7:179

Edited by Full of Hopes - 01 September 2009 at 9:46pm
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 6:35pm
Asalaam Alaikum Nabil,

I pray your Ramadan is going well.

American are generally nice.. I felt that way in Pakistan when I was there.. people were SO nice.

So many people answered very well.. As Nazarene wrote we should not be blind sheep. I find myself sometimes in overawe and over- thought in the whole subject matter. Thinking is what we are given from Allah.. a true blessing.

And realize that Allah reveals to us what we are to see. So no we won't have all the 'answers.' Knowledge is so vast. Allah is so vast..  I ma looking at the 99 Names of Allah.. and its like "whoa!" Can we ever comprehend? Heck no.

Why do people not believe? Another mystery. I can tell you having lived in the US that it is complicated. And really, most people have not heard the true message of Islam. But most people do believe in "God" or a "Higher Power."

Relax, read the Quran, ponder the wonderous mysteries of life..

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Nabil Nabil wrote:

For the past few days,I really began to question myself about faith.
I know that Islam is true religion.Mecca and Madinah are proof.People who dont want to believe it then dont but something that was bugging me ever since I was a child was still present at back of my mind I guess.

I am questioning to myself.How did God become  God, u know what I mean.When I think about things like what if we never existed.Nothing would have happened.No planets. No life. Then some kind of wall blocks the forthcoming thoughts.

And I am really really really scared that I am loosing my faith all of a sudden and that Id not be forgiven for this but i just cant make it stop even though deep down inside I know I will.

When I was a kid,I asked my mom the same question. She said,that'd be known once we go to Allah.

And I was fine.
It has only started for a few days ago,when i was depressed i think.

And I am also thinking that if Islam is the true religion,then how come non-Muslims dont wonna believ it?

Logically speaking.Not something like -oh-they-just-hate-Islam and muslims because THEY DONT!

Ive been to USA and everyone is SO NICE.
There r mosques everywhere.Its just like ure in Baghdad.
For this reason,I posted this question here:

I am always talking to Allah and asking for help but suddenly,I do not know what happened that made me think crazy thoughts like How did God come into being?
I am really afraid.I DO NOT WANT TO LOOSE MY FAITH!CryCry

Ussalaamoalykum :
I have noticed Nabil that you are MIA since your post...
If you ever come back you must complete your background information, like date of your birth and other home conditions etc.so that you can be assisted in your quandary...
The thing I noticed "depressed
" tells me that you need to see a good doctor to have you evaluated for some thing cooking say chemical imbalance or other conditions that might need timely clinical intervention....
Let's take first thing first why were you depressed young man?.. cya

Edited by Sign*Reader - 29 August 2009 at 11:38pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2009 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Megatron Megatron wrote:

What proves the existence of God?  Absolutely nothing.  There is nothing on this earth or this universe that proves that God exists.  It is something that you can only believe in your heart.  Nobody can ever help you prove that God exists except yourself.  That is something you'll have to figure out yourself.

I could over look this but not since I read the scientific description on " Life and Death of the Earth" a recent thing and compared with Allah's revelation in Quran to the unlettered Prophet on how did HE set off our universe and solar system...And both were pretty close...Subhanallah what was revealed in passing seventh century scientist  discovers in twentieth century...

Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2009 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Megatron Megatron wrote:

A Muslim is a person that worships one God and does good deeds.� That is a Muslim.
Islam itself recognizes people who aren't Muslim but who are pious. You say! Also what is a Muslim? You ask![COLOR=red]A Muslim is a person that worships one God and does good deeds.Correct!"but thats not all"A Muslim is a person who freely and willingly accepts the Supreme Power of God(Allah) and strives to organize his life in accordance with His commandments.Hence a Muslim is any person anywhere in the world whose obedience,allegiance,and loyalty are to the One and Only God(Allah),the Creater of the Universe,and as such sumits to the Divine Laws following the Sunnah(traditions)of the Prophet Muhammad(SAW)also believe in All of Allah's unique attributes; His Angels His Books ,His Prophets,The Day Of Judgement,.Also a Muslim must pray(salat) five times a day Fast during the Month of Ramadan,give regular charity and make the Pilgrimage to Mecca if he can afford to do so physically and financially.One Must take Shahadah,(First and foremost)Thats a Muslim May Allah Bless us All in this Holy Month of Ramadan,May Allah send us His Mercy and Forgiveness(Ameen)Ramadan Mubarak,Brothers and Sisters.

Edited by Akhe Abdullah - 30 August 2009 at 1:06pm
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2009 at 2:43pm
As Salamu Alaikum, Nabil.La ilaha illallahu wahdahu laa sharika lah; lahul hamdu wa lahul mulk wa huwa �alaa kulli shay�in qadeer; a�udhu billahi min hamazaatishhayaateen wa a�udhu bika Rabbi min an yahdhuroon; innallaha huwassamee�ul �aleem.

Other than Allah alone there is no god; He has no partner; to Him belongs praise and to Him belongs the sovereignty; and He has power over all things; I seek protection of Allah from the insinuations of the Satans; and I seek Your protection O Lord, from them being present in me; Indeed only Allah is the Hearing and Knowing.

Supplication 225 from Nahjul Balagha

O' my Allah! Thou art the most attached to Thy lovers and the most ready to assist those who trust in Thee. Thou seest them in their concealment, knowest whatever is in their consciences, and art aware of the extent of their intelligence. Consequently, their secrets are open to Thee and their hearts are eager from Thee. If loneliness bores them, Thy remembrance gives them solace. If distresses befall them, they beseech Thy protection, because they know that the reins of affairs are in Thy hands, and that their movements depend upon Thy commands .

O' my Allah! if I am unable to express my request or cannot see my needs, then guide me towards my betterment and take my betterment and take my heart towards the correct goal. This is not against (the mode of) Thy guidance nor anything new against Thy ways of support.

O' my Allah! deal with me through Thy forgiveness and do not deal with me according to Thy justice.(Duas.org)

Edited by Akhe Abdullah - 30 August 2009 at 8:36pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic