Forum Description: Basics of Islam
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14813
Printed Date: 29 March 2024 at 6:08am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Help me-I am loosing my faith
Posted By: Nabil
Subject: Help me-I am loosing my faith
Date Posted: 06 June 2009 at 11:12pm
For the past few days,I really began to question myself about faith.
I know that Islam is true religion.Mecca and Madinah are proof.People who dont want to believe it then dont but something that was bugging me ever since I was a child was still present at back of my mind I guess.

I am questioning to myself.How did God become  God, u know what I mean.When I think about things like what if we never existed.Nothing would have happened.No planets. No life. Then some kind of wall blocks the forthcoming thoughts.

And I am really really really scared that I am loosing my faith all of a sudden and that Id not be forgiven for this but i just cant make it stop even though deep down inside I know I will.

When I was a kid,I asked my mom the same question. She said,that'd be known once we go to Allah.

And I was fine.
It has only started for a few days ago,when i was depressed i think.

And I am also thinking that if Islam is the true religion,then how come non-Muslims dont wonna believ it?Logically speaking.Not something like -oh-they-just-hate-Islam and muslims because THEY DONT!
Ive been to USA and everyone is SO NICE.
There r mosques everywhere.Its just like ure in Baghdad.
For this reason,I posted this question here:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090606111811AAF5Dtp&r=w - http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090606111811AAF5Dtp&r=w

I am always talking to Allah and asking for help but suddenly,I do not know what happened that made me think crazy thoughts like How did God come into being?
I am really afraid.I DO NOT WANT TO LOOSE MY FAITH!CryCry

Replies:
Posted By: Nazarene
Date Posted: 08 June 2009 at 7:03pm

assalaam alaikum.

my friend i'm a newbe to islam and one of the first things i learned is to question. who i am. my place in islam. am i truely on the strait path? am i worthy ?
   my life before islam was shameful. look up the word " sinner" you would see my pic. but as you know well islam does away with all that went before.
    every day {inshallah}i proclaim my faith though word and action. and evey other day i question everything. and you know what. Allah does hear those who call upon him. and will reafirm your faith.
    look back at the times of doubt. was not your faith reaffirmed in one way or another? though a sign to you some how . or though comforting friend, or though your blessed mother? allah knows best.
     i said this to a fellow member to this fourm. islam does not want or need " BLIND SHEEP ". we must question  ourselves and all things at times to overcome doubt.
     overcoming ourselves is a main goal in islam. how can this be done ? through question, with REASON, and GUIDENCE{ Qu'ran } .
      satan is always attacking us making us stumble at times . and even though we may take three steps forward then one step back we still move forward . this strugle through life is highly looked upon by god. and he is best to know all things.
       so please take it easy on yourself . you seem " normal " to me [if there is such a thing] and i feel your going to surprise yourself . so hang in there friend your never alone. allah is living and all around you.
        as for non-muslims disbelief .alot comes from mis-information or dis-information. i was raised christain was christain all my life{ i'm 44 now } and was never taught what islam was. IN OUR CHURCH ISLAM WAS PRESENTED AS A " FALSE RELIGION. " so why would someone with a limited view accecpt truth if they did not look for themselves?
love
leland

-------------
love for all conquers all

Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 10 June 2009 at 10:54am
As Salamu Alaikum,

Br. Nabil, i wish you read the above post well. Just let out your questions any, but do remember, never get into an area of those questions of which only Allah swt knows of it. For instance, when will The Hour exactly come, how is the hand of Allah swt, Chair of Allah swt --- etc. We would not get its answer, but its only an attempt from satan , our open enemy to disturb us and weaken our faith. Allah swt also commanded us, not go into it.

Coming to your question, here is the answer to the exact question, posed to Zakir Naik.

Here's a very tricky question, asked usually by an atheist and the rationalist. Once a close friend of mine, while beginning a discussion with a rationalist in an atheist organisation in Mumbay started off by asking, �This is a pencil, how did it come into existence, it has to have a creator�. �This is a book, how did it come into existence, it has to have a creator�. Thus giving answers to his own questions, proved that everything has a creator.

He then posed the following questions- if the pencil is created in a factory, who created the factory? The answer is an engineer or some similar person. Who created that engineer? There also has to be a Creator of this engineer. Similarly who created the sun, the moon, the stars etc? There has to be a creator for everything. Then he posed the question: �Do you agree that everything in the world has a creator?� The atheist of that organisation replied, �we will agree only on the condition, that you should not back out in future from your own statement that everything has a creator.�

My friend was very satisfied, thinking he had succeeded in convincing about God and said, �Yes I will stick to my statement that everything has a creator, but you still have not replied to my question: that who created the human beings, the sun, the moon, the stars etc�. He further helps them with the answer by saying �It is God Almighty,� the atheist replied, �We will believe in God if you tell us �Who created God? and my friend got the biggest shock of his life. He knew he was trapped.

He was disturbed so much that he did not sleep for the whole night. The next day, while he was narrating this incident to me, I realised that he was using the methodology of proving the existence of God, written by some scholars. In this methodology, a very important rule of logic i.e. self analysis is overlooked. During my talks while proving the existence of Allah, I never make any statement saying everything has a creator.
I start my explanation by asking the atheist, �Who will be the first to know the mechanism of an unknown object? It is the atheist who replies; the creator, the manufacturer, not Me Using his answer that the creator is the first person who knows the mechanism of any object I further prove to him using scientific knowledge that the creator of the Universe i.e. God Almighty is the first to know the mechanism of the universe and has mentioned it in his book �The Quran�.

But if somebody was to pose me the same Question:, that who will be the first to know the mechanism of an unknown object, I will not reply just by saying �the creator� or �the manufacturer,� but I will reply, that every object and all things which have a beginning, the mechanism of all these things will be first known by its creator, since they are all created things. Even after using this answer of mine, we can still scientifically prove that all the signs that we see i.e. the sun, the moon, the earth etc have a beginning of their mechanism�.

That is the way they function and behave. This has been discovered recently by science, but was mentioned 1400 years ago in the Quran which proves that it is a book which is revealed by Allah. Now if someone asks me the question �Who created Allah?� I will reply that once my friend asked me a similar question that his brother Tom was admitted to the hospital and he conceived and gave birth to a baby: guess, is the baby a girl or a boy? It is an absurd statement. Only females can conceive and give birth to a baby. It is impossible for Tom, who is a male, to conceive and give a birth to a child. One of the qualities and characteristics of a male is that he cannot conceive and give birth to a child. Similarly one of the characteristics of Allah is He is uncreated and does not have a beginning. Therefore asking a question, �Who created the uncreated?� is as absurd as asking, �My brother Tom conceived and gave birth to a child, is the child a girl or a boy?�.

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Date Posted: 10 June 2009 at 11:09am
Now, coming to you, kindly recite these duas, at times when you are stricken by your faith. Its from the book of authentic hadiths

{Say} : I seek refuge in Allah {Sahih Muslim}

{ Then shud desist from doing what you are in doubt about} Sahih Muslim, sahih Bukhari

Aamantu billahi wa Rusulihi

{Say} : I believe in Allah and His messenger { Sahih Muslim}

Recite third ayah of Surah Hadid

"Huwwal 'Awwalu wal -Aakhiru waz zahiru wal baatinu, wa Huwa bikulli shay'in 'Aleem

These are supplications to be made. They are very easy to recite and ward off the whisperings of satan. Instead of pondering over who created Allah swt, why don't we ponder over and look at ourselves, and ask, 'Why did Allah swt create us ? Try to read and reflect over Qur'an. Be in company of righteous friends and mummy ko thang nahi karna Smile, with your senseless questions.

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Posted By: Chrysalis
Date Posted: 11 June 2009 at 6:35am

Salaam Brother Nabil . . . Hope you are fine, apart from the recent pitfall in faith. That happens - Imaan keeps going up and down - just like the economy.

I hope Seeks' response helped you. It is good to question life, and phenomenon's around us - but some questions are just never ending and complex.

Brother, read the Qur'an with translation - it ALWAYS helps revive the faith/imaan in Islam. When we lose contact with Allah (i.e have not been making dua or praying) , such doubts start coming into mind. Inshallah you will find verses in the Qur'an in which you will feel that Allah Himself is adderessing you. . .

So make wudhu today - and randomly open the Qur'an . . . insha'allah it will help.

Keep in touch Bro.

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 11 June 2009 at 7:28pm
You always fill up the vacant space i miss, sis Chrysallis. Smile

JazakiAllahu khayr.

-------------

Posted By: Friendship
Date Posted: 18 June 2009 at 12:18pm
Assalamu alaikum.

Brother Nabil.

Your faith cannot be lost, but it is always strengthening. You do not have to understand everything. There are about 340,000 alphabets, 75,000 words, 6200 verses and 114 chapters in the Holy Qur'an. Your faith will be measured and strengthened on only one alphabet, one word, one chapter and one Sura. So look for them and then keep quiet.
Remember chapter 42:11, "There is nothing like Him; and He is the All-Hearer, the All-Seer.
Friendship.

Posted By: Friendship
Date Posted: 18 June 2009 at 12:31pm
Assalamu alaikum.

Brother Nazerene.

May Allah forgive you! I love your observation that
islam does not want or need " BLIND SHEEP ". we must question  ourselves and all things at times to overcome doubt.
     overcoming ourselves is a main goal in islam. how can this be done ? through question, with REASON, and GUIDENCE{ Qu'ran } AND THE SUNNA

But you know that some members of this forum do not believe in that. They want to teach victim of determinism, hopelessness, helplessness and uncertainty!  The life of Muhammad Rasulullah and all the positive teaching in the Old and New Testament are our guidelines. Muhammad Rasulullah would listen to a child, but no one wants to listen to Muhammad today! Look at what is going on between the Arabs and the Children of Israel! How can the grandchildren of Shem fight each other! Did not Muhammad marry a Jewish lady form the Aaron Tribe - the Levites!. They deny Holocaust. But is not the killing of 8 innocent life another Holocaust?
Friendship.   

Posted By: Full of Hopes
Date Posted: 14 August 2009 at 5:29pm

My brother .. What you feel is from Satan " Shaitan". The prophet's fellowmen complained to him they find these questions in their hearts and he told them they have to stop thinking and say "I believe in Allah"
آمنت بالله
This the best way to stop thinking of that because the Satan sees you are a good Muslim he wants to make you back again and far from Allah.
   Allah who created your mind puts limits on it.For example, how much you imagine, you won't reach the true look of Jannah "the paradise" because our brains can't imagine something we have not seen before.

If I ask you to imagine a walking tree then you will have a tree and add foot to it. So you didn't bring something new you have not seen.
How long you think and imagine, you will never reach Allah, Subhan Allah.
I say this because here you heart has to work. You believe in Allah and you bileve he is the the first and no one was before Him and that he is the last and no one will stay after Him. He never dies..
   So seek refuge form Allah and fight those bad thoughts. Try to do more useful things for your Islam. Read Qura'an. Read an Islamic book. Stay with your friends and talk about Allah's blessings on you. I mean anything rather than thinking of useless questions.
And something important for me and you and every one; we must ask Allah all the time to keep and protect our faith in Him tell the time we pass away.

-------------
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)

Posted By: Megatron
Date Posted: 29 August 2009 at 10:02am
It seems to me like you're questioning the origins of God.  What possesses a being to create the universe and its inhabitants (I hope we aren't the only ones) and then expects these inhabitants to worship this God?  Nobody will ever be able to answer that.  I find it hard to understand how not comprehending this would cause you to lose faith.

If you're questioning the existence of God then that is a different matter.  What proves the existence of God?  Absolutely nothing.  There is nothing on this earth or this universe that proves that God exists.  It is something that you can only believe in your heart.  Nobody can ever help you prove that God exists except yourself.  That is something you'll have to figure out yourself.

Why don't people embrace Islam?  Islam itself recognizes people who aren't Muslim but who are pious. I know a few non-Muslims who are more likely to enter Paradise than myself.  Not every good person is Muslim...but then again a lot of them are.

Also what is a Muslim?  Somebody that follows the teaching of Muhammad? No.  A Muslim is a person that worships one God and does good deeds.  That is a Muslim.

Date Posted: 29 August 2009 at 4:53pm

Asslamu Alikum .. brother  
member_profile.asp?PF=48948&FID=6 -   Megatron

If I ask you do you believe me if I tell you that the table just was done without a maker?? Ok if I said the pen exists itself no company. No hands.. This is nonsense.

Then how do you believe that the huge sky, the deep see, the high mountains, the whole world just like this without a maker????

How dare you ask this silly question and answer: What proves the existence of God?

Allah is proved in everything.

Allah is proved in your blood, your soul and your mind... Allah is proved in the sining sun every morning the same time. every evening it sets the same time... Can it do that to itself. Then how is everything in the universe is in its order??? Why do you walk not fly? Why does the sun comes in the morning not at night? 100000000 and endless proofs of the GREATEST ALLAH.
   If you don't believe in Him, there must be a day you will meet Him.. and remember your proofs...

Allah mentioned in Qura'am something about the blind minds..... We don't want to be of them

"They have hearts, but they understand not with them; they have eyes, but they see not with them; they have ears but they hear not with them. They are like cattle; nay they are further astray. It is they who are the heedless." (Al-A`raf 7:179

-------------
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)

Posted By: Hayfa
Date Posted: 29 August 2009 at 6:35pm
Asalaam Alaikum Nabil,

I pray your Ramadan is going well.

American are generally nice.. I felt that way in Pakistan when I was there.. people were SO nice.

So many people answered very well.. As Nazarene wrote we should not be blind sheep. I find myself sometimes in overawe and over- thought in the whole subject matter. Thinking is what we are given from Allah.. a true blessing.

And realize that Allah reveals to us what we are to see. So no we won't have all the 'answers.' Knowledge is so vast. Allah is so vast..  I ma looking at the 99 Names of Allah.. and its like "whoa!" Can we ever comprehend? Heck no.

Why do people not believe? Another mystery. I can tell you having lived in the US that it is complicated. And really, most people have not heard the true message of Islam. But most people do believe in "God" or a "Higher Power."

Relax, read the Quran, ponder the wonderous mysteries of life..

-------------
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi

Posted By: Sign*Reader
Date Posted: 29 August 2009 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Nabil Nabil wrote:

For the past few days,I really began to question myself about faith.
I know that Islam is true religion.Mecca and Madinah are proof.People who dont want to believe it then dont but something that was bugging me ever since I was a child was still present at back of my mind I guess.

I am questioning to myself.How did God become  God, u know what I mean.When I think about things like what if we never existed.Nothing would have happened.No planets. No life. Then some kind of wall blocks the forthcoming thoughts.

And I am really really really scared that I am loosing my faith all of a sudden and that Id not be forgiven for this but i just cant make it stop even though deep down inside I know I will.

When I was a kid,I asked my mom the same question. She said,that'd be known once we go to Allah.

And I was fine.
It has only started for a few days ago,when i was depressed i think.

And I am also thinking that if Islam is the true religion,then how come non-Muslims dont wonna believ it?

Logically speaking.Not something like -oh-they-just-hate-Islam and muslims because THEY DONT!

Ive been to USA and everyone is SO NICE.
There r mosques everywhere.Its just like ure in Baghdad.
For this reason,I posted this question here:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090606111811AAF5Dtp&r=w - http://answers.yahoo.comCry

Ussalaamoalykum :
I have noticed Nabil that you are MIA since your post...
If you ever come back you must complete your background information, like date of your birth and other home conditions etc.so that you can be assisted in your quandary...
The thing I noticed "depressed
" tells me that you need to see a good doctor to have you evaluated for some thing cooking say chemical imbalance or other conditions that might need timely clinical intervention....
Let's take first thing first why were you depressed young man?.. cya

-------------
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.

Date Posted: 30 August 2009 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Megatron Megatron wrote:

What proves the existence of God?  Absolutely nothing.  There is nothing on this earth or this universe that proves that God exists.  It is something that you can only believe in your heart.  Nobody can ever help you prove that God exists except yourself.  That is something you'll have to figure out yourself.

I could over look this but not since I read the scientific description on " Life and Death of the Earth" a recent thing and compared with Allah's revelation in Quran to the unlettered Prophet on how did HE set off our universe and solar system...And both were pretty close...Subhanallah what was revealed in passing seventh century scientist  discovers in twentieth century...

-------------
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.

Posted By: Akhe Abdullah
Date Posted: 30 August 2009 at 1:05pm

A Muslim is a person that worships one God and does good deeds.� That is a Muslim.
Islam itself recognizes people who aren't Muslim but who are pious. You say! Also what is a Muslim? You ask![COLOR=red]A Muslim is a person that worships one God and does good deeds.Correct!"but thats not all"A Muslim is a person who freely and willingly accepts the Supreme Power of God(Allah) and strives to organize his life in accordance with His commandments.Hence a Muslim is any person anywhere in the world whose obedience,allegiance,and loyalty are to the One and Only God(Allah),the Creater of the Universe,and as such sumits to the Divine Laws following the Sunnah(traditions)of the Prophet Muhammad(SAW)also believe in All of Allah's unique attributes; His Angels His Books ,His Prophets,The Day Of Judgement,.Also a Muslim must pray(salat) five times a day Fast during the Month of Ramadan,give regular charity and make the Pilgrimage to Mecca if he can afford to do so physically and financially.One Must take Shahadah,(First and foremost)Thats a Muslim May Allah Bless us All in this Holy Month of Ramadan,May Allah send us His Mercy and Forgiveness(Ameen)Ramadan Mubarak,Brothers and Sisters.

Date Posted: 30 August 2009 at 2:43pm
As Salamu Alaikum, Nabil.La ilaha illallahu wahdahu laa sharika lah; lahul hamdu wa lahul mulk wa huwa �alaa kulli shay�in qadeer; a�udhu billahi min hamazaatishhayaateen wa a�udhu bika Rabbi min an yahdhuroon; innallaha huwassamee�ul �aleem.

Other than Allah alone there is no god; He has no partner; to Him belongs praise and to Him belongs the sovereignty; and He has power over all things; I seek protection of Allah from the insinuations of the Satans; and I seek Your protection O Lord, from them being present in me; Indeed only Allah is the Hearing and Knowing.

Supplication 225 from Nahjul Balagha

O' my Allah! Thou art the most attached to Thy lovers and the most ready to assist those who trust in Thee. Thou seest them in their concealment, knowest whatever is in their consciences, and art aware of the extent of their intelligence. Consequently, their secrets are open to Thee and their hearts are eager from Thee. If loneliness bores them, Thy remembrance gives them solace. If distresses befall them, they beseech Thy protection, because they know that the reins of affairs are in Thy hands, and that their movements depend upon Thy commands .

O' my Allah! if I am unable to express my request or cannot see my needs, then guide me towards my betterment and take my betterment and take my heart towards the correct goal. This is not against (the mode of) Thy guidance nor anything new against Thy ways of support.

O' my Allah! deal with me through Thy forgiveness and do not deal with me according to Thy justice.(Duas.org)

Date Posted: 30 August 2009 at 6:46pm

Ok I understand that I have to be more patient as some sisters advise me. Brother Megatron might not be aware of what he is saying. He may don't mean to deny the existance of Allah the Greatest. I'm not really sure what he wants to say but:

1- We as human being don't know the intentions. We hear the words and understand the seen things not the hidden thoughts in heart.

2- If we hear any person saying that about Allah no matter what his intention is and keep silent, we will open the door to others who have bad intention to say this About Allah, Muslims and prophet Mohammed, peace be upon him.

3- There is day when every one of us is asked about his silence as his speech, no chance to lie or hide anything. Allah will ask us ,Muslims, about keeping silence in front of someone saying NO PROOFS of HIM, no matter what his intention is. I swear I may be more patient if someone abuses me or my family but forgive me I can't keep silent when someone say.. No proofs of Allah. So we worship , pray, fast, perform hajj and believe in no thing just a shadow in our hearts, not in real life!!!!!!

Believe me you can't keep Islam in your heart until the death moment if you think Allah is only faith in hearts without very strong proofs. That is why Allah in many many verses of Qura'n orders us to look around   us.. even to look inside our bodies, to look at the sky and starts.. just to seek those proofs of Him.

Finally, May Allah forgive me and you if I hurt anyone or misunderstood anyone.

We will leave this Dunia any time alone ....

-------------

Date Posted: 30 August 2009 at 6:51pm

Ramadan Mubarak to you brother Akhe Abdullah, and All brothers and sisters of Islam. May Allah help us to make the full use of every moment in this holy month. May Allah reward everyone who stand for Allah and Islam. May Allah defend him and protect him from shytan and all bad souls.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 August 2009 at 8:36pm
Ameen

Date Posted: 31 August 2009 at 4:19pm
Nabil:
Just in case you return here is an article from one of famous Pakistani and he brought up a very good point i.e., "Brown Sahib Syndrome"...
Read at your leisure and think... The mental outlook of Pakistanis...

By Imran Khan

My generation grew up at a time when colonial hang up was at its peak. Our older generation had been slaves and had a huge inferiority complex of the British. The school I went to was similar to all elite schools in Pakistan. Despite gaining independent, they were, and still are, producing replicas of public schoolboys rather than Pakistanis.
I read Shakespeare, which was fine, but no Allama Iqbal - the national poet of Pakistan. The class on Islamic studies was not taken seriously, and when I left school I was considered among the elite of the country because I could speak English and wore Western clothes.
Despite periodically shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' in school functions, I considered my own culture backward and religion outdated. Among our group if any one talked about religion, prayed or kept a beard he was immediately branded a Mullah.
Because of the power of the Western media, our heroes were Western movie stars or pop stars. When I went to Oxford already burdened with this hang up, things didn't get any easier. At Oxford, not just Islam, but all religions were considered anachronism.
Science had replaced religion and if something couldn't be logically proved it did not exist. All supernatural stuff was confined to the movies. Philosophers like Darwin, who with his half-baked theory of evolution had supposedly disproved the creation of men and hence religion, were read and revered.
Moreover, European history reflected its awful experience with religion. The horrors committed by the Christian clergy during the Inquisition era had left a powerful impact on the Western mind. To understand why the West is so keen on secularism, one should go to places like Cordoba in Spain and see the torture apparatus used during the Spanish Inquisition. Also the persecution of scientists as heretics by the clergy had convinced the Europeans that all religions are regressive.
However, the biggest factor that drove people like me away from religion was the selective Islam practiced by most of its preachers. In short, there was a huge difference between what they practiced and what they preached. Also, rather than explaining the philosophy behind the religion, there was an overemphasis on rituals.
I feel that humans are different to animals. While, the latter can be drilled, humans need to be intellectually convinced. That is why the Qur'an constantly appeals to reason. The worst, of course, was the exploitation of Islam for political gains by various individuals or groups. Hence, it was a miracle I did not become an atheist. The only reason why I did not was the powerful religious influence my mother wielded on me since my childhood. It was not so much out of conviction but love for her that I stayed a Muslim.
However, my Islam was selective. I accepted only parts of the religion that suited me. Prayers were restricted to Eid days and occasionally on Fridays, when my father insisted on taking me to the mosque with him. All in all I was smoothly moving to becoming a Pukka Brown Sahib. After all I had the right credentials in terms of school, university and, above all, acceptability in the English aristocracy, something that our brown sahibs would give their lives for. So what led me to do a 'lota' on the Brown Sahib culture and instead become a 'desi'?
Well it did not just happen overnight.
Firstly, the inferiority complex that my generation had inherited gradually went as I developed into a world-class athlete. Secondly, I was in the unique position of living between two cultures. I began to see the advantages and the disadvantages of both societies.
In Western societies, institutions were strong while they were collapsing in our country. However, there was an area where we were and still are superior, and that is our family life. I began to realize that this was the Western society's biggest loss. In trying to free itself from the oppression of the clergy, they had removed both God and religion from their lives.

While science, no matter how much it progresses, can answer a lot of questions - two questions it will never be able to answer: One, what is the purpose of our existence and two, what happens to us when we die? It is this vacuum that I felt created the materialistic and the hedonistic culture. If this is the only life then one must make hay while the sun shines - and in order to do so one needs money. Such a culture is bound to cause psychological problems in a human being, as there was going to be an imbalance between the body and the soul. Consequently, in the US, which has shown the greatest materialistic progress while giving its citizens numerous rights, almost 60 percent of the population consult psychiatrists. Yet, amazingly in modern psychology, there is no study of the human soul. Sweden and Switzerland, who provide the most welfare to their citizens, also have the highest suicide rates. Hence, man is not necessarily content with material well being and needs something more. Since all morality has it roots in religion, on
ce religion was removed, immorality has progressively grown since the 70s. Its direct impact has been on family life. In the UK, the divorce rate is 60 percent, while it is estimated that there are over 35 percent single mothers. The crime rate is rising in almost all Western societies, but the most disturbing fact is the alarming increase in racism. While science always tries to prove the inequality of man (recent survey showing the American Black to be genetically less intelligent than whites) it is only religion that preaches the equality of man. Between 1991 and 1997, it was estimated that total immigration into Europe was around 520,000, and there were racially motivated attacks all over, especially in Britain, France and Germany. In Pakistan during the Afghan war, we had over four million refugees, and despite the people being so much poorer, there was no racial tension.
There was a sequence of events in the 80s that moved me toward God as the Qur'an says: "There are signs for people of understanding." One of them was cricket. As I was a student of the game, the more I understood the game, the more I began to realize that what I considered to be chance was, in fact, the will of Allah. A pattern which became clearer with time. But it was not until Salman Rushdie's "Satanic Verses" that my understanding of Islam began to develop.
People like me who were living in the Western world bore the brunt of anti-Islam prejudice that followed the Muslim reaction to the book. We were left with two choices: fight or flight. Since I felt strongly that the attacks on Islam were unfair, I decided to fight. It was then I realized that I was not equipped to do so as my knowledge of Islam was inadequate. Hence I started my research and for me a period of my greatest enlightenment. I read scholars like Ali Shariati, Muhammad Asad, Iqbal, Gai Eaton, plus of course, a study of Qur'an. I will try to explain as concisely as is possible, what "dis
covering the truth" meant for me. When the believers are addressed in the Qur'an, it always says, "Those who believe and do good deeds." In other words, a Muslim has dual function, one toward God and the other toward fellow human beings.
The greatest impact of believing in God for me, meant that I lost all fear of human beings. The Qur'an liberates man from man when it says that life and death and respect and humiliation are God's jurisdiction, so we do not have to bow before other human beings.
Moreover, since this is a transitory world where we prepare for the eternal one, I broke out of the self-imposed prisons, such as growing old (such a curse in the Western world, as a result of which, plastic surgeons are having a field day), materialism, ego, what people say and so on. It is important to note that one does not eliminate earthly desires. But instead of being controlled by them, one controls them. By following the second part of believing in Islam, I have become a better human being. Rather than being self-centered and living for the self, I feel that because the Almighty gave so much to me, in turn I must use that blessing to help the less privileged. This I did by following the fundamentals of Islam rather than becoming a Kalashnikov- wielding fanatic.
I have become a tolerant and a giving human being who feels compassion for the underprivileged. Instead of attributing success to myself, I know it is because of God's will, hence I learned humility instead of arrogance.
Also, instead of the snobbish Brown Sahib attitude toward our masses, I believe in egalitarianism and strongly feel against the injustice done to the weak in our society. According to the Qur'an, "Oppression is worse than killing." In fact only now do I understand the true meaning of Islam, if you submit to the will of Allah, you have inner peace. Through my faith, I have discovered strength within me that I never knew existed and that has released my potential in life. I feel that in Pakistan we have selective Islam. Just believing in God and going through the rituals is not enough. One also has to be a good human being. I feel there are certain Western countries with far more Islamic traits than us in Pakistan, especially in the way they protect the rights of their citizens, or for that matter their justice system. In fact some of the finest individuals I know live there.
What I dislike about them is their double standards in the way they protect the rights of their citizens but consider citizens of other countries as being somehow inferior to them as human being, e.g. dumping toxic waste in the Third World, advertising cigarettes that are not allowed in the West and selling drugs that are banned in the West. One of the problems facing Pakistan is the polarization of two reactionary groups. On the one side is the Westernized group that looks upon Islam through Western eyes and has inadequate knowledge about the subject. It reacts strongly to anyone trying to impose Islam in society and wants only a selective part of the religion. On the other extreme is the group that reacts to this Westernized elite and in trying to become a defender of the faith, takes up such intolerant and self-righteous attitudes that are repugnant to the spirit of Islam. What needs to be done is to somehow start a dialogue between the two extreme. In order for this to happen, the group on whom the greatest proportion of our educational resources are spent in this country must study Islam properly.
Whether they become practicing Muslims or believe in God is entirely a personal choice. As the Qur'an tells us there is "no compulsion in religion." However, they must arm themselves with knowledge as a weapon to fight extremism. Just by turning up their noses at extremism the problem is not going to be solved.
The Qur'an calls Muslims "the middle nation", not of extremes. The Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) was told to simply give the message and not worry whether people converted or not, therefore, there is no question in Islam of forcing your opinions on anyone else.
Moreover, we are told to respect other religions, their places of worship and their prophets. It should be noted that no Muslim missionaries or armies ever went to Malaysia or Indonesia. The people converted to Islam due to the high principles and impeccable character of the Muslim traders. At the moment, the worst advertisements for Islam are the countries with their selective Islam, especially where religion is used to deprive people of their rights. In fact, a society that obeys fundamentals of Islam has to be a liberal one.
If Pakistan's Westernized class starts to study Islam, not only will it be able to help society fight sectarianism and extremism, but it will also make them realize what a progressive religion Islam is. They will also be able to help the Western world by articulating Islamic concepts. Recently, Prince Charles accepted that the Western world can learn from Islam. But how can this happen if the group that is in the best position to project Islam gets its attitudes from the West and considers Islam backward? Islam is a universal religion and that is why our Prophet (peace be upon him) was called a Mercy for all mankind. (Internews)
This article appeared on < arabnews > , a leading English daily in Saudi Arabia.

I wonder how are you are doing since your last visit three months back...Question
I hope you are OK...

-------------

Date Posted: 01 September 2009 at 9:33pm

May Allah bless you ad reward you brother.

And we all need to pray to Allah to help Nabil, our brother in Islam.

-------------

Posted By: Megatron
Date Posted: 03 September 2009 at 7:38am
I'm just saying that scientifically speaking you can't prove the existence of God. It's a question of faith.

I believe in God wholeheartedly...you can call my beliefs 'nonsense', but frankly I don't care what you think about my beliefs.  Saying that the sky is blue and the birds are flying in the air is proof that God exists is absurd.

I honestly believe it is ridiculous notions like that which drive rational people away from religion.  Believing in God is a question of faith.

Besides, the poster asked an interesting question and instead of giving him an answer, most of the posts spewed the same rhetoric which didn't really answer his question in the first place. Also, instead of answering his questions most of you took the opportunity to berate my ideas.  Excellent work!!!

Posted By: Moses
Date Posted: 03 September 2009 at 8:33am

If you're questioning the existence of God then that is a different matter.  What proves the existence of God?  Absolutely nothing.
!!!!!
  There is nothing on this earth or this universe that proves that God exists.  It is something that you can only believe in your heart.  Nobody can ever help you prove that God exists except yourself.  That is something you'll have to figure out yourself.

No!! This is not truth! God will reveal himself for everybody who asks.

it�s not you that can believe, this is God who can create a believer heart in you. Only ask him, not human

Date Posted: 03 September 2009 at 11:24am

Asslamu Alaikum Borther: Megatron,

I am sorry. I didn't mean any harm. Forgive me  if I did without my intention.

Please reason, I am not against you at all. You are my brother in Islam. I am completely against the idea that says: No proofs of Allah, and I won''t change my opinion till I die inshallah.

Allah is scientifically, technically and whatever!!! PROVED.  Ask or read the books of the scientist who converted to Islam after finding those proofs in Qura'an and Sunna. So many proofs of Allah from the modern science. Some websites are set just for this purpose.

Any Muslim hear a person say Allah is not proved without knowing what you mean can't just pass it and keep silent. This is a test for our faith in Allah. And Muslims will reply no matter who is writer, you or someone else.

It is the idea not you brother..

I care for your faith to be built on the strong bases. And I won't add more about this issue any more. I have discussed it enough.

Brother Moses shows the greatest voice of wisdom.
  Allah is the only ONE who can change that idea in your mind and guide you to the scientifical and technical proofs of His existence.
    I think of you as my brother in Islam.

And this ,as I am sure, is the idea of all members who replied to you discussing your ideas. No one of them was against the brother Megatron himself.

Remember we are never against you .. we are against  Shaytan (the Satan)  that confuses people and shows them the wrong as correct.
  And again forgive me brother if I cause any  harm without my intention to do.
  May Allah bless  you and raise your rank.

-------------

Posted By: salahuddeen2009
Date Posted: 03 September 2009 at 1:21pm
salam alaikom to all
Proofs that Allah is there are either:Logic Thinking OR Prophets'Messages,

A)Logic thinking makes it NONSENSE to believe that the well organized universe & the perfectly created human being are made by NOTHING!!IF you're lost  in the desert,then suddenly you find a well equipped beautiful palace there,full of prepared food stuff,the first question that will comeup to your mind is:WHO made all this?who's the OWNER of all this??(you'll never say:it's Nature!!because nature has no MInd nor Wisdom to build things perfectly with function-related capabilities
also,Logic thinking makes it Nonsense that the servant exists more than his Master's existance(the sun serves humans,how can it live billions of years,while we just stay some decades & die?!surely there'l be an afterlife for us
Another thing is the scientific facts that state that all this SPACE_TIME matrix called UNIVERSE that we live inside has a start-point & an end point,so,scientifically speaking ,there'll be an end,sooner or later for TIME & SPACE!!believe it or not
B)Prophets of God,who were mentioned in the Quran & old scriptures,&lived successively on earth (according to historical resources) carrying the message of God to people for thousands of years,their presence is  a FACT that can never be denied or erased from the History of Humanity 

Date Posted: 05 September 2009 at 3:31am
Asslamu Alaikum
Jazaka Allah khairn, brother Salahuddeen. You did it. The true Muslim doesn't keep silen't when he sees the mistake,. The Muslim who can pass the Mistakes and bad words said about Allah is a deaf Shytan.
May Allah raise your rank and stand for you as you stad for Him. I feel VERY happy when I see faithful kowlegable Muslims stand for Islam and say the truth about Allah the Most Proved.
There is a Muslim scholar who studied the word Allah   defining in Arabic Grmmar, the definite and indefinite words. After thinking he wrote a note Allah is the Greatest and Most definite name. After his death, a friend saw him a dream. He was so happy and said I entered the paradise just because of what I said in the grammar lesson about Allah's name.
May Allah the greatest bless me & you and keep our faith until we die.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net