IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Reason why there are no homosexuals inIsl  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reason why there are no homosexuals inIsl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 18>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Mansoor_ali Mansoor_ali wrote:

Originally posted by Doo-bop Doo-bop wrote:

Why couldn't you just answer the question that was asked?

Bible also talks about death penalty.Here is some example:

Lev 19:20 And whosoever lieth carnally with a woman, that is a bondmaid, betrothed to an husband, and not at all redeemed, nor freedom given her; she shall be scourged; they shall not be put to death, because she was not free. Lev 20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Death Penalty In The Bible
 http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/1528.htm

Thank you, Mansoor, thank you kindly, but I am already fully aware of what  is in the Bible on this matter.  I am also aware that the laws given by God in the Mosaic covenant were for the nation of Israel in the land.  These laws do not apply to christians, who are living under the terms of the New Covenant, and who have no command to kill anyone for any reason. 

But none of this is relevant.  A question was asked.  You did not answer it.  Nor did you answer me when I asked you why you had not answered it.  Are you on the run on this matter?  Why not just give a plain, honest answer to the original question of the forum?   Surely this cannot be beyond your scope
"Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" - John the Baptizer (John 1:29)
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 8:10pm
Gulliver:

I'm not sure which horrible acts you are asking me to commit. Probably my great ignorance coming through. Perhaps you could s-p-e-l-l it out for me?

As for how we got from homosexuality to rapists, et al, you my friend wrote:

"If Islam became the world religion. And shar'ia law, the law of the world, God forbid.  Would you approve of the stoning to death of adulterers ? The hanging of gay teenagers, as was done relatively recently in Saudi, public lashings, chopping hands off, beheadings etc ?

So having brought up the spectre of crimes other than homosexuality you then wrote:

I know similar things are recommended in the bible - OT etc. I am not meaning this to sound anti Islam. I have defended what is good in this religion to a LOT of people and still do. Why perhaps this is an area I need to get clearer on. Especially when those who do suffer because of these things, ask me certain questions that may be core to their survival."

Perhaps I misunderstood, I plead ignorance again, but you seem to be suggesting that punishment is somehow "bad" and while you defend the "good" part of Islam, you somehow have a problem with the "bad" part which would entail people having to face the consequences of their actions.

I meant only to lend the conversation a different perspective. Instead of looking at how horrible the punishment might be, let's focus on just how heinous the crime that brings about the punishment.

Possibly it is just my unenlightened view, but I believe that someone who rapes and brutally murders a 13 year old girl should be put to death. I believe that someone who has been a career criminal for 20 years and is now brutally attacking and robbing 96 year olds should have their right hand removed. Perhaps if this had been done after her third such offense as Shariah dictates, these elderly people would not now be beaten, robbed, and living in fear.

Edited by Shasta'sAunt - 04 April 2009 at 9:52pm
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Thanks.  By your posts I see that Muslims believe homosexuals should be stoned.

I know many homosexuals and they are all very nice good citizens.  Most also believe in GOD.

It is ok to hate the sin- but we are not to hate the sinner.

One big difference Jamal - Is old Fred Phelps the Bible thumper calling for the killing of the homosexuals?

"WBC engages in daily peaceful sidewalk demonstrations opposing the homosexual lifestyle of soul-damning, nation-destroying filth. We display large, colorful signs containing Bible words and sentiments, including: GOD HATES FAGS, FAGS HATE GOD, AIDS CURES FAGS, THANK GOD FOR AIDS, FAGS BURN IN HELL, GOD IS NOT MOCKED, FAGS ARE NATURE FREAKS, GOD GAVE FAGS UP, NO SPECIAL LAWS FOR FAGS, FAGS DOOM NATIONS, THANK GOD FOR DEAD SOLDIERS, FAG TROOPS, GOD BLEW UP THE TROOPS, GOD HATES AMERICA, AMERICA IS DOOMED, THE WORLD IS DOOMED, etc."

Seems to me that there is a big difference between freedom of speech and asking for someone's death.

So believer lol are you a homosexual? and didnt your scriptures condone stoning of adulterers?  I often wonder why you care to post these subjects here, are you just trying to test the waters or bait us into another trollish trap.

Edited by mariyah - 04 April 2009 at 9:06pm
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Mansoor_ali View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2009 at 12:53am

Thank you, Mansoor, thank you kindly, but I am already fully aware of what  is in the Bible on this matter.  I am also aware that the laws given by God in the Mosaic covenant were for the nation of Israel in the land.  These laws do not apply to christians, who are living under the terms of the New Covenant, and who have no command to kill anyone for any reason. 

But none of this is relevant.  A question was asked.  You did not answer it.  Nor did you answer me when I asked you why you had not answered it.  Are you on the run on this matter?  Why not just give a plain, honest answer to the original question of the forum?   Surely this cannot be beyond your scope

Jesus orders Christians to follow the Old Testament's laws:  "Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.  I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished.  (Matthew 5:17-18)

It is quite clear from these verses from the New Testament that Jesus peace be upon him did honor the Old Testament and did say that every single "letter" of it has to be honored, followed and fulfilled.

"Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 'The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat.  So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.'  (Matthew 23:1-3)

We clearly see in these verses that Jesus peace be upon him did not prohibit for the Old Testament to be followed, but only warned his followers to not follow it the way the current religious leaders of the Law (the Jewish Rabies) were following it.

So according to Jesus peace be upon him, the adulterer in the New Testament must be put to death.

hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2009 at 4:50am
Again, solely addressing the original "question" of the UK's "Preacher of Hate" Anjem Choudary's place as a representative of Islam:

Here is an answer of "no" to whether this "preacher of hate" Anjem Choudary, is a true representative of Islam.

Muslim chief bans visiting extremist from mosque

Anne-Marie Walsh
Independent.ie

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/muslim-chief-bans-visiting-extremist-from-mosque-74095.html

A LEADING figure in Ireland's Muslim community has vowed never to allow radical Islamic extremist Anjem Choudary to speak in an Irish mosque.

Dr Nooh Al-Kaddo said his community would have nothing to do with the outspoken solicitor when he comes to Ireland tomorrow.

The Muslim leader, who is the head of the Islamic Cultural Centre in Dublin, said his community completely rejects Choudary's message that Ireland is a ripe target for a terrorist attack.

His condemnation of the militant solicitor's visit tomorrow comes after Defence Minister Willie O'Dea also opposed his appearance at a Trinity College debate.

Outrage

The solicitor who last year provoked outrage when he claimed Ireland was a legitimate terrorist target, has been invited to Dublin by the university's Philosophical Society.

He is expected to justify the use of violence in Islam during a debate.

Speaking last night, Dr Al-Kaddo said he feared that the former al-Muhajiroun spokesperson would spark hatred between Muslims and Christians here.

"We will never allow him to speak in the mosque," he said. "He does not represent the majority of Muslims in Ireland and could provoke hatred between Muslims and the community.

"I feel we are giving these people the opportunity to present views that do not reflect the views of the Muslim community here, or even in the UK. "He has some extreme opinions that we do not share. I feel if anyone is going to speak on behalf of Muslims, we should speak, not those that represent the opinions of a minority. The majority of Muslims have not joined in his views." He said he feared Choudary's remarks during the debate could create confusion among Irish society and the Muslim community.

"He may be talking about things like killing that is not helpful to youth, in their ambition," he said. "We do not share in his views about Ireland being a legitimate terrorist target, and mentioning the use of Shannon by the US. That is not an issue for Muslims here.

"This is a free country of course and everyone has the right to speak, but we should also make sure this is a responsible freedom, and not open ended."

Review

He said the solicitor should be extradited following his return to Britain to face criminal charges if he repeats his inflammatory remarks during his forthcoming visit.

Another question that may arise:
Could this loudmouth Muslim born and raised in Welling, southeast London, ever legitimately representative for the world's Muslim population?

Edited by Jamal Morelli - 05 April 2009 at 11:49am
Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2009 at 6:02am
Originally posted by Mansoor_ali Mansoor_ali wrote:

Jesus orders Christians to follow the Old Testament's laws:  "Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.  I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished.  (Matthew 5:17-18)

It is quite clear from these verses from the New Testament that Jesus peace be upon him did honor the Old Testament and did say that every single "letter" of it has to be honored, followed and fulfilled.

"Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 'The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat.  So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.'  (Matthew 23:1-3)

We clearly see in these verses that Jesus peace be upon him did not prohibit for the Old Testament to be followed, but only warned his followers to not follow it the way the current religious leaders of the Law (the Jewish Rabies) were following it.

So according to Jesus peace be upon him, the adulterer in the New Testament must be put to death.

Incredibly, you have still not answered the initial question of the thread.  Why is that? 

Edited by Doo-bop - 05 April 2009 at 6:53am
"Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" - John the Baptizer (John 1:29)
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 3:52am
There are few 'nazis' here that I can tell

That, I cant tell of anyone here. I dont even see anyone here anywhere near being fascistic. Infact I cant even tell that every nazi (the real ones) were truly evil, God alone knows that. And if anyone thinks I'm being fascistic due to my beliefs, I honestly dont give a damn about it. Talk about being judgemental....

How in God's name it went from gay people to Nazis, holocausts, rapists and murderers is a mystery to me.

All kinds of sins and sinners are bound to come up when talking about 'loving the sinner but hating the sin'; not that every sins or sinners are equal. The concept sounds pretty but in reality its not practical in every situation and for everyone. Eg. A holocaust survivor may forgive and then possibly love a repentant ex-nazi but is it possible for the holocaust survivor to love or even forgive an arrogant nazi, who's not even regretful? Ignorant are the ones who ignore this reality.

'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 3:56am
Originally posted by Jamal Morelli Jamal Morelli wrote:

Again, solely addressing the original "question" of the UK's "Preacher of Hate" Anjem Choudary's place as a representative of Islam:

Here is an answer of "no" to whether this "preacher of hate" Anjem Choudary, is a true representative of Islam.

Muslim chief bans visiting extremist from mosque

Anne-Marie Walsh
Independent.ie

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/muslim-chief-bans-visiting-extremist-from-mosque-74095.html

A LEADING figure in Ireland's Muslim community has vowed never to allow radical Islamic extremist Anjem Choudary to speak in an Irish mosque.

Dr Nooh Al-Kaddo said his community would have nothing to do with the outspoken solicitor when he comes to Ireland tomorrow.

The Muslim leader, who is the head of the Islamic Cultural Centre in Dublin, said his community completely rejects Choudary's message that Ireland is a ripe target for a terrorist attack.

His condemnation of the militant solicitor's visit tomorrow comes after Defence Minister Willie O'Dea also opposed his appearance at a Trinity College debate.

Outrage

The solicitor who last year provoked outrage when he claimed Ireland was a legitimate terrorist target, has been invited to Dublin by the university's Philosophical Society.

He is expected to justify the use of violence in Islam during a debate.

Speaking last night, Dr Al-Kaddo said he feared that the former al-Muhajiroun spokesperson would spark hatred between Muslims and Christians here.

"We will never allow him to speak in the mosque," he said. "He does not represent the majority of Muslims in Ireland and could provoke hatred between Muslims and the community.

"I feel we are giving these people the opportunity to present views that do not reflect the views of the Muslim community here, or even in the UK. "He has some extreme opinions that we do not share. I feel if anyone is going to speak on behalf of Muslims, we should speak, not those that represent the opinions of a minority. The majority of Muslims have not joined in his views." He said he feared Choudary's remarks during the debate could create confusion among Irish society and the Muslim community.

"He may be talking about things like killing that is not helpful to youth, in their ambition," he said. "We do not share in his views about Ireland being a legitimate terrorist target, and mentioning the use of Shannon by the US. That is not an issue for Muslims here.

"This is a free country of course and everyone has the right to speak, but we should also make sure this is a responsible freedom, and not open ended."

Review

He said the solicitor should be extradited following his return to Britain to face criminal charges if he repeats his inflammatory remarks during his forthcoming visit.

Another question that may arise:
Could this loudmouth Muslim born and raised in Welling, southeast London, ever legitimately representative for the world's Muslim population?

Clever answer, but not good enough.  The question was "does he truly follow Islam?" not "does he represent the world's Muslim population?"   Also, are you trying to make out that the article in the Independent proves that he is misrepresenting Islam?

Edited by Doo-bop - 06 April 2009 at 3:57am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 18>
  Share Topic