IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Reason why there are no homosexuals inIsl  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reason why there are no homosexuals inIsl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 18>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2009 at 3:07am

Sorry Sal. I know you're not a fascist ;-) LOL My head's been fried as you rightly pointed out this AM. Sorry too Shasta.  I want to 'belong' but not sure what keeps me from the real belonging.

Not a good example you picked me lad.

Seriously though too here.

It's an interesting topic Sal, forgiveness.

"Lord, remember not only the men of good will, but also those of ill will. But do not remember all the suffering they have inflicted upon us. Remember rather the fruits we have brought, thanks to this suffering: our comradeship, our loyalty, our humility, the courage, the generosity, the greatness of heart that has grown out of this. And when they come to judgment, let all the fruits we have bourne be their forgiveness."

Source: Found on a scrap of paper at the liberation of Ravensbruck Concentration Camp in Germany

I think this is one of the most beautiful prayers I have ever read.

It reminds me of Moses.

When it comes to, 'love the sinner,' Sal.

Just some of my wild thoughts here.

There is a saying, "self knowledge is a sure path to God."  Islam has a similar expression from Muhammad (p)

I think this means - humility is a sure path to God.

With true humility, we truly realise we are no better and no worse than any other human being who ever has existed, or ever will exist. Given the 'right' circumstances, we are each capable of the greatest good, or the 'wrong' circumstances, the greatest of evils. All of us.

'Love the sinner, not the sin' is said to each of us. We are the 'sinner' whom we must learn to love, not someone else.

To love self  - the 'sinner'. In love of self is the freedom from bondage to that which makes of us a 'sinner' - separates us from God/Allah.

It is a command in Christianity - 'love your enemies', pray for those who hurt you.

I think partly what that is telling us, is that when we learn what makes of people our 'enemies' - we realise they are no different to ourselves in essence, and might actually begin a process of learning to love them, even while hating what separates them from us.

Self knowledge is a sure path to God.   Humility the key to the Kingdom within. Where can I get myself a truckload of humility :-)

Edited by Gulliver - 30 March 2009 at 9:01am
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2009 at 4:24am

Here's a question.  What is it with religion, and scapegoating ?

Might need to read a bit on that particular subject - but it's enlightening.

Try it :-)
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2009 at 9:57am
As Salamu Alaikum,Brother Gulliver.Thanks for the pm.May Allah mend your heart.May Allah increase your faith in Him.I see that you care alot about people who are considered different,I read what you said about the underdog.So you see where we Muslims are coming from.Maybe we should show more compassion for others that are different.May Allah Bless us all and give us Jannah.I looked alot into Homosexualality and what some of them would say is they were born in the wrong bodies,If it is that way and not a choice,then that is a birth defect.May Allah grant them Mercy.
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2009 at 10:19am

Compassion for all Akhe, yes.

To be compassionate means to know, share in the suffering of another to a large degree with the objective of relieving that suffering, helping that person see their way out of it. We often have to visit them where they are, know their suffering in a real way to become truly compassionate. It seems to me. We all need compassion, or we're all lost.

Sometimes it can seem we are overwhelmed with the suffering we witness in this world, and ranting and raving is all there seems to be to keep us remotely sane ;-)  lol  Works for me usually.

When I look at any person. I wonder what it means to love that soul, in such a way it will dignify them as Allah's creation - who they are and what they are meant, called to be - wonderful human beings. That is how we free others from the bondage of 'sin' - being lost to God's love, I believe. When we learn, realise how much we are in need of this ourselves, we realise we are in as much, and maybe more need of it than are those others. That is humility. I think.

I have to say I am getting used to be referred to as 'brother' :-) It's something I like about Islam - each sees the other as the member of a human family. How it should be.

God bless you brother :-) Akhe and thank you :-)

Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2009 at 10:42am

I do understand the 'underdog' in your context too Akhe. I am one of the 'black Irish'. Irish Catholics have not had an easy ride over the centuries. My name alone on an application form would have told the employers my 'religion' and meant me being denied even an interview, never mind the job.

Trust me, we have far more in common than you realise :-) As much as good ol' Hasan tries to dismiss Catholicism - there are great similarities in Islam and Catholicism - one reason I find Islam so attractive and could adapt so easily.

True Catholicism calls for true submission to the will of God, after the model of Jesus - who told us, "take up your cross (nafs) and come follow Me."

Obedience to God is made perfect through suffering, after the model of Jesus - death to self, mastering the nafs - so the spirit gives true and lasting life to the individual - resurrection.

Something like that.

Nazarene View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nazarene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2009 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Akhe Abdullah Akhe Abdullah wrote:

As Salamu Alaikum,Brother Gulliver.Thanks for the pm.May Allah mend your heart.May Allah increase your faith in Him.I see that you care alot about people who are considered different,I read what you said about the underdog.So you see where we Muslims are coming from.Maybe we should show more compassion for others that are different.May Allah Bless us all and give us Jannah.I looked alot into Homosexualality and what some of them would say is they were born in the wrong bodies,If it is that way and not a choice,then that is a birth defect.May Allah grant them Mercy.

asalam alaikum
    this is just a thought with no real " fact based information" 
i have not read all the way though the qu'ran yet so forgive me if i speak without knowledge.
    i've been told the the same thing from gay friends i know. they feel out of body. and so confused within themselves of why.
    man and women " come from the same soul ." it was seperated from itself. making all of us imperfect. the residue of the " other " may remain and manifest itself in some people thus  explaining homosexuality and the " wrong body effect " in fact sin and death did not exsist untill we were seperated from ourselves.
    forgive me if the next coments are lacking knowledge.
satan refused to bow to adam and thus rebeled against god.
here ADAM is used as a sigular A ONE. so this act of defience seems to have occured before the seperation of humanity. 
     could than satan be resposable for the seperation of humanity as part of his spite for god? jelous of gods most perfect creation. thus making humanity imperfect , incomplete and varnable to sin and death.
      don't beat me up for such thinking, it's just a thought.
love leland

Edited by Nazarene - 30 March 2009 at 8:22pm
love for all conquers all
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 9:06am
Wa Alaikum Asalam Brother Nazarene.Jazallah Khieran for your reply. You have an interesting point of view.I am without a response for that but it is interesting.
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 6:03pm
"If Islam became the world religion. And shar'ia law, the law of the world, God forbid."

Interesting statement. It was under Islamic rule and the dreaded sharia law that enlightenment flourished.
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 18>
  Share Topic