IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Reason why there are no homosexuals inIsl  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reason why there are no homosexuals inIsl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 18>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 7:53am
The believers must (eventually) win through,-
  Qad aflaha almu/minoona

23:2 Those who humble themselves in their prayers;
  Allatheena hum fee salatihimkhashiAAoona

23:3 Who avoid vain talk;
  Waallatheena hum AAani allaghwimuAAridoona

23:4 Who are active in deeds of charity;
  Waallatheena hum lilzzakatifaAAiloona

23:5 Who abstain from sex,
  Waallatheena hum lifuroojihim hafithoona

23:6 Except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess,- for (in their case) they are free from blame,
  Illa AAala azwajihim awma malakat aymanuhum fa-innahum ghayru maloomeena

Just out of curiosity. If sex outside of marriage is haram, forbidden. How do you explain the verse that OKs having sex with captives, those whom the right hand possesses ? Did Muhammad and his companions marry all the captives before having sex with them ?
Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Jamal Morelli Jamal Morelli wrote:

Originally posted by Doo-bop Doo-bop wrote:

]Clever answer, but not good enough.  The question was "does he truly follow Islam?" not "does he represent the world's Muslim population?"   Also, are you trying to make out that the article in the Independent proves that he is misrepresenting Islam?

Believer's clever question was (exactly)
"Is this a man true follower of Islam?" in relation to homosexuals receiving the death penalty by stoning.
The answer is no.

Believer didn't ask "does he truly follow Islam"?
But if he did, the answer would be no.
One can more easily see how one might read "true follower" as meaning representative rather than "truly follow".

Does he think he is truly following Islam?
Yes.
Now, is Morocco a Muslim country, with widespread shari�a courts?
Yes.
Is Britain a Muslim country run by sharia laws?
No.
How about Welling, birthplace to the "preacher of hate", is it a sharia run Muslim district in the London Borough of Bexley?
No.
Now, does Muslim Morocco, with it's sharia courts, have the death penalty for homosexuals?
No. In fact, the last time the death penalty was used was 1993 for a very crooked police commissioner.
Is "the preacher of hate" being disavowed by a part of the Muslim population as detailed in the Independent article?
Yes.
Aren't all Muslims welcome in mosques?
Yes.
Then, is he being openly rejected by a popular Muslim leader?
Yes.
Don't I want homosexuals to be hurt in any way?
No.
Am I Muslim?
Yes.
Does anyone in my large Muslim family want to see homosexuals receive the death penalty, public lashings, humiliation, etc.?
No.

This is irrelevant.  We are not interested in what muslims in Britain or Morocco do.  We are interested in getting to the bottom of what Islam orders about this issue.  The mere fact that Morocco, an overwhelmingly muslim-majority country,  does not execute homosexuals, does not, of itself, mean that Islam does not call for their execution
"Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" - John the Baptizer (John 1:29)
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 9:41am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Loving the sinner of all the horriific crimes listed by shasta yes-

Yeah you will cuz you werent the one affected by those crimes, eh? You must be some Mr.Lover!

There is a huge reward for the victim when they forgive the criminal.

OK, what if the criminal was impenitent? Whats there to forgive then?

'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 9:54am

"OK, what if the criminal was impenitent? Whats there to forgive then?"

His ignorance.

The more knowledgeable you become about why the 'criminal' committed the act against you, the more you can understand his/her ignorance, and you become empowered with the capacity to forgive. The knowledge also brings you to a place where you learn that, in his/her circumstances, you may well have committed the same crime.

I do not believe you can know true peace and healing otherwise.

This is just an opinion, a perspective, from a personal experience.
It is a long dark journey - but you learn one helluva lesson. It's not easy Sal, but it is possible. I know this for a fact. The 'grace' of God is a very powerful thing.

"There, but for the grace of God/Allah, go I"

"Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do."

You can forgive his/her ignorance, an ignorance on so many levels.

Edited by Gulliver - 08 April 2009 at 9:59am
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 10:13am

If a serious crime were committed against you, something that robbed you of much in life, and caused great suffering to you and your family to a degree you wished at times the job had been done propery and you had died.

You are on your death bed. Would you wish to meet your Maker with the thought that someone was going to be condemned to the eternal flames because of something done against you. Your suffering will soon end. Eternity begins with the knowledge that someone you met in life will spend an eternity suffering.

Allah is Merciful, oft Forgiving.  Compassionate. This is a very profound statement.

I have been asked, and often asked myself - what is 'justice' ? I still cannot answer it.

I am not suggesting criminals should be forgiven and let off for doing whatever they do. This is more from the perspective of human relationships, and the relationship with the Creator - real 'justice' from the perspective of the 'eternal' - compassion and mercy. How seriously do any of us take on board the notion that we all commit some act in life, 'sin' that would warrant us eternal flames - hell ? "Love the sinner."  I am the sinner.
hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 10:59am

The question was "does he truly follow Islam?

Answered.   But when answered....

This is irrelevant. We are not interested in what muslims in Britain or Morocco do.

The thread had it's genesis specific to a "preacher of hate" from the UK recommending stoning deaths to homosexuals.   But now...

� We are interested in getting to the bottom of what Islam orders about this issue.� The mere fact that Morocco, an overwhelmingly muslim-majority country, �does not execute homosexuals, does not, of itself, mean that Islam does not call for their execution

Anyone following the thread can go back and see:
You said you wanted to know about one particular man being a true follower of Islam (or truly following, whatever).
You seemed quite clear and insistent you wanted a simple answer to that, adopting a nagging tone about the simple answer you were seeking.

Well, it was answered: No.

So, having your answer, you've abandoned Believer's original question of whether a particular person was a true follower....
and now "we" are interested in "getting to the bottom" of what "Islam" calls for regarding homosexuals.

Simply, Islam does not call for the deaths of homosexuals by stoning.

More details:
You will find no absolutely universal answers to questions of Islamic law, since there are four major different schools of Islamic jurisprudence which evolved from the Quran, hadith, sunna, etc. and we have no Pope to chew our moral dilemmas and then spoon-feed them back for us from Ecumenical Councils. No matter what any Shiekh says: The doors of Ijtihad are re-opened every generation, no matter who wants them shut.

For example, Irshad Manji is "a Muslim voice of reform" who sees a place for homosexuality within Islam.     
Quote Khaleel Mohammed, an imam and professor of Islam at San Diego State University, wrote in his foreword to Manji's book that "Irshad wants us to do what our Holy Book wants us to do: end the tribal posturing, open our eyes, and stand up to oppression, even if it's rationalized by our vaunted imams."

Quote Reasons given by Muslims condemning the executions include: the fact that some legal schools (e.g. Hanafi) regard it as unjustified; the argument that the death penalty is not specified for it in the Qur'an...

Now, she doesn't speak for "Islam" any more than the UK's "preacher of hate" - but they are both operating in the milieu of Islam.   

Again, especially for you, Doo-bop -
No, "Islam does not call for their execution"

What a hotch-potch of utter confusion! One says this, another says that.

Edited by Jamal Morelli - 08 April 2009 at 11:15am
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 11:43am

Muhammad (p)

Q: I'd like to be raised on the Day of Judgement in the light.

A: Don't wrong your self or any other creature, and you will be raised on the Day of Judgement in the light."

�Read thine (own) record:
Sufficient is thy soul
This day to make out
An account against thee� (17,14).

I wonder that in Allah's light, we have a knowledge of things - what another knew, thought, felt etc and why they did what they may have done. As those we have hurt will have that knowledge in Allah's light too regarding what we did or did not do.

In the Light of that knowledge, I wonder how we judge our selves and each other.

Allah is oft forgiving, most Merciful.

It's something we will answer for ourselves.

"Wish for you brother what you wish for yourself."

I wonder. 

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 3:59pm
Every human society and social system has to have some rule of law, and if we look around they do. Man made systems tend to flex and change those laws as they do. All devine based laws don't go through trial and error. We see that Quran and what we have left with of the older revelations suggest very clear punishments for crimes, including homosexuality. Now we can change our view about it, but if we believe in those scriptures we must live by them or trade them for something that is pleasing to our eyes, until we return to the one who has given us those rules to live by. If He has said to punish those who were involve in such practices, he will punish them, no neighborly love will avail anything, except forgiveness from God for who repent and guard themselves from such deads.
I can live by rejection by those who don't like this act to be called punishable, as it is so in the sight of God. But we cannot afford the rejection by Him, in whose's hand is my life, here and in the hereafter.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 08 April 2009 at 4:04pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 18>
  Share Topic